Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Stories of Windkeep Tower
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 78 79
@Petall Haha, I really like that image of Kulshan trying to tiptoe towards Juliette and Thorburn -- and the inclusion of the scattersight update! Especially Kulshan's being afraid of getting multi-gaze or Shadow primal. I'm glad he didn't wind up looking weird; that would've been really sticky for him, lore-wise. XD
@Petall Haha, I really like that image of Kulshan trying to tiptoe towards Juliette and Thorburn -- and the inclusion of the scattersight update! Especially Kulshan's being afraid of getting multi-gaze or Shadow primal. I'm glad he didn't wind up looking weird; that would've been really sticky for him, lore-wise. XD
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Disillusionist

Thank you very much!!! It was a lot of fun to write, and I like trying to figure out how to incorporate site updates into lore! And I'm glad he didn't get multigaze or anything either!
@Disillusionist

Thank you very much!!! It was a lot of fun to write, and I like trying to figure out how to incorporate site updates into lore! And I'm glad he didn't get multigaze or anything either!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/19#post_33618560]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Chapter 42: More Precious Than Gold[/u][/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40974719] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=40974719&skin=0&apparel=750,10380,26359,25793,25797,15736,3630,27765&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/url][/center] Quartz wasn't used to being this stressed. When had he lost control? He was a master at ensuring things needed to go the way they should, but after losing so many mansions and so many apprentices and servants, he was finally beginning to run out of luck. Now that Thorburn had slipped through his fingers, as he feared he might, he had to admit he was sliding down a slippery slope. He needed a new plan, and he needed one fast. he had already given Kulshan more than he had planned on in exchange for the information. He couldn't lost him as well. Shadow dragons were useful, he just needed the training. But even Kulshan would not be enough to save him if his rival was truly coming after him. he had angered him too much, and his rival was not one to let things go. Should this mansion fall, then Quartz would have to stop accumulating wealth and instead focus on his own self preservation. he needed a new plan. he needed- "Quartz! It's time! It's hatching!" [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41349508] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=41349508&skin=24908&apparel=18774,23723,21853&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/url][/center] Querida raced into his office, egg in hand. It was quivering and cracks were beginning to appear. She set it down on a cushion and Quartz abandoned his scheming. He couldn't miss the arrival of his heir! Hopefully she would inherit the strong elemental magic they had heard about... Both soon-to-be-parents were silent, watching the gentle rocking of the egg unblinkingly. They hardly dared to breathe. The racks now crossed the entire shell, and the rocking was growing more violent. It was then that the first chip of shell fell to the ground, revealing brown feathers beneath. The hatchling inside scrambled to break free, squirming until enough shards fell away for a head to poke out. [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=166&bodygene=15&breed=12&element=3&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=42&tertgene=5&winggene=11&wings=46&auth=9419e448bb5e4993ed9ec546e990bbf0f592e19f&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] The hatchlings eyes were closed as the child mewled and broke free of the egg. Fluid still hung on her feathers, and Querida swept her daughter up and began drying her off and holding her close. From the moment she lay eyes on her, she knew she didn't want a single thing to harm her. However, she knew that was unlikely, considering the father. "A girl." Quartz said, nodding, as though he felt a little awkward at being part of the mother-daughter bonding. Hatchlings were clearly not his forte. "Ruby then?" He asked, throwing out the name they had settled on if their child proved to be a girl. "Ruby, short for Rubywing." Querida agreed, not taking her eyes off her child. "Brave little Rubywing." The murmured. "Are her eyes opening?" Quartz asked, showing his excitement for the first time as the small coatl's eyelids began to quiver. Soon they opened to reveal eyes the exact same shade as her mother's. Quartz's wings drooped. "Normal." He said bitterly. "No matter what eyes she has, she is still our daughter and she is still your heir." Querida snapped sharply. "She can be every bit as wonderful as you want, even though she didn't have the eyes you wanted. I will not see her pushed to the side!" Quartz was silent for a moment, as though considering his partner's angry vow. "You're right." He shrugged. "She is my daughter and I will raise her to be wonderful in every way. She will be my salvation." With that, he left the room, leaving mother and daughter together. As Rubywing began to bat playfully at Querida's nose, Tess sauntered in and wrapped herself around her wildclaw friend. Querida sudden;y found herself thinking of her other children, whom she had sent to the closest things she had to family in Windkeep Tower. She wondered how they were, and hoped they were safe, living the life she wished she could give Ruby. [center][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/e0bf/f/2018/247/7/5/divider_by_cas_a_fras-dcm237t.png[/img][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39127624] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/391277/39127624_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=17420518] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/174206/17420518_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "I never thought I'd raise another child." Oriel told Amberlyn as the two watched the rocking egg. "I never thought I'd have another chance to have a child close to me." "You are the perfect mother, and I know you will raise this one just as well as you raised your two." Amberlyn said with a smile. "And you certainly won't be doing it alone this time either. I guess it just goes to show, no matter what or who you lose, there is always another way for your family to grow. It won't fill the void left by those you have lost, but it brings new joy." Oriel leaned into a hug with the dragon she had come to think of as her mother as the egg cracked open, revealing a tiny wildclaw boy, squirming and with a shard of egg stuck to one of his talons. Oriel leaned in to scoop him up, tracing the pattern on his scales with her fingers. There was something familiar about the hathclings spots. It carried the same distinctive arrangement as Orkeck had passed on to their children, and that Plagueheart had passed onto Querida... Oriel exchanged a look with Amberlyn and saw that the older wildclaw had jumped to the same conclusion. Oriel didn't know which of her family had dropped off the egg to be cared for, but it had obviously not been a random abandonment. Oriel turned back to the hatchling, tears in her eyes, to see that the baby wildclaw had opened his. And there was a strange tint to them. [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=55&bodygene=15&breed=10&element=3&eyetype=2&gender=0&tert=42&tertgene=5&winggene=11&wings=66&auth=21deb615fac39593177559ac1d528220cac18f01&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] "He has been blessed by the Windsinger!" Amberlyn gasped. "Oh, he needs a good strong name." "How about Rammus?" A voice piped up in the corner. Mollie, no longer a hatchling, was standing in the door to the sitting room, looking at the hatchling with a warm look in her eyes. The young coatl had been very excited to have a younger sibling to play with. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42080475] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/420805/42080475_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] The coatl limped closer and Amberlyn and Oriel moved to let her view the newest member of their family. "I like Rammus." Oriel grinned. "Welcome to the world, Rammus! There is so much for you to do and see, just you wait, little one!" "Welcome to our family!" Mollie said, grinning. [center][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/e0bf/f/2018/247/7/5/divider_by_cas_a_fras-dcm237t.png[/img] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40726683] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/407267/40726683_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] India was once again on her own. She had tried to make it up with Juliette, but the younger wildclaw was still far too angry at her aunt and distracted with Thorburn to come back to normal work. Instead, she was avoiding India by spending her time tinkering in her workshop and helping out with Thorburn's new business, only taking shifts at the Copper Lotus when India was not working. As India closed up after another long, lonely day at work, she returned to her room to see eggshell all over the floor. The egg must have hatched earlier that day. In a sudden surge of panic, India searched for the hatchling, checking under blankets and cushions and behind furniture. She finally found him under the bed, chewing on a pillow. [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=55&bodygene=15&breed=10&element=3&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=140&tertgene=5&winggene=11&wings=158&auth=1acc7364be39c1650909272286db3e2253401fb6&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] Breathing a sigh of relief, India pulled the hatchling out from under the bed and held him close. "There you are, you little troublemaker! I'm sorry I wasn't there for you earlier. I promise to never leave you alone from this moment on, if only to keep you out of mischief!" She tickled the small wildclaw, suddenly catching sight of a nick in on of his big claws. It was oddly shaped. "Oh, what happened to you, poor little thing! How's Runeclaw for a name?" India smiled a sad smile, remembering when she had first held Juliette after her hatching. But that was in the past. Another hatchling needed her, and if Juliette didn't want to be a part of his life, that was her loss. India had more important things to worry about right now. [center][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/e0bf/f/2018/247/7/5/divider_by_cas_a_fras-dcm237t.png[/img][/center] Far away from the Windswept Plateau, in an underwater cavern, a crystal ball showed the images of the three hatchlings, flashing through images of their entire lives. A shadowed figure watched lazily, only a slight gleam in the eye giving away the interest the dragon watching showed for the prophecy. "The three precious ones are here." The dragon whispered to themselves. "Everything is as it should be. It's a pity one of them has to die." ----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/20#post_33663271]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @Alwaid @zzzhorses @Skyeset @ScrivenerRook @Kizzan @clarax @lilastar @tigressRising @Disillusionist @Aetherstorm @rainphee @RiaFire11[/center] ----- The hatchlings are here! Rammus is my very first dragon with different eyes (because technically I hatched him before I changed Kully.) And now things are well on their way. Things are going where they need to go, and there should be smooth sailing from here on out. Well, not in terms of the story, but in terms of me writing updates. There are still some big things that I've got planned before this arc is out...

Chapter 42: More Precious Than Gold

dragon?did=40974719&skin=0&apparel=750,10380,26359,25793,25797,15736,3630,27765&xt=dressing.png

Quartz wasn't used to being this stressed. When had he lost control? He was a master at ensuring things needed to go the way they should, but after losing so many mansions and so many apprentices and servants, he was finally beginning to run out of luck. Now that Thorburn had slipped through his fingers, as he feared he might, he had to admit he was sliding down a slippery slope.

He needed a new plan, and he needed one fast. he had already given Kulshan more than he had planned on in exchange for the information. He couldn't lost him as well. Shadow dragons were useful, he just needed the training.

But even Kulshan would not be enough to save him if his rival was truly coming after him. he had angered him too much, and his rival was not one to let things go. Should this mansion fall, then Quartz would have to stop accumulating wealth and instead focus on his own self preservation. he needed a new plan. he needed-

"Quartz! It's time! It's hatching!"

Querida raced into his office, egg in hand. It was quivering and cracks were beginning to appear. She set it down on a cushion and Quartz abandoned his scheming. He couldn't miss the arrival of his heir! Hopefully she would inherit the strong elemental magic they had heard about...

Both soon-to-be-parents were silent, watching the gentle rocking of the egg unblinkingly. They hardly dared to breathe. The racks now crossed the entire shell, and the rocking was growing more violent. It was then that the first chip of shell fell to the ground, revealing brown feathers beneath. The hatchling inside scrambled to break free, squirming until enough shards fell away for a head to poke out.
dragon?age=0&body=166&bodygene=15&breed=12&element=3&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=42&tertgene=5&winggene=11&wings=46&auth=9419e448bb5e4993ed9ec546e990bbf0f592e19f&dummyext=prev.png

The hatchlings eyes were closed as the child mewled and broke free of the egg. Fluid still hung on her feathers, and Querida swept her daughter up and began drying her off and holding her close. From the moment she lay eyes on her, she knew she didn't want a single thing to harm her. However, she knew that was unlikely, considering the father.

"A girl." Quartz said, nodding, as though he felt a little awkward at being part of the mother-daughter bonding. Hatchlings were clearly not his forte. "Ruby then?" He asked, throwing out the name they had settled on if their child proved to be a girl.

"Ruby, short for Rubywing." Querida agreed, not taking her eyes off her child. "Brave little Rubywing." The murmured.

"Are her eyes opening?" Quartz asked, showing his excitement for the first time as the small coatl's eyelids began to quiver. Soon they opened to reveal eyes the exact same shade as her mother's. Quartz's wings drooped.

"Normal." He said bitterly.

"No matter what eyes she has, she is still our daughter and she is still your heir." Querida snapped sharply. "She can be every bit as wonderful as you want, even though she didn't have the eyes you wanted. I will not see her pushed to the side!"

Quartz was silent for a moment, as though considering his partner's angry vow. "You're right." He shrugged. "She is my daughter and I will raise her to be wonderful in every way. She will be my salvation." With that, he left the room, leaving mother and daughter together.

As Rubywing began to bat playfully at Querida's nose, Tess sauntered in and wrapped herself around her wildclaw friend. Querida sudden;y found herself thinking of her other children, whom she had sent to the closest things she had to family in Windkeep Tower. She wondered how they were, and hoped they were safe, living the life she wished she could give Ruby.
divider_by_cas_a_fras-dcm237t.png

"I never thought I'd raise another child." Oriel told Amberlyn as the two watched the rocking egg. "I never thought I'd have another chance to have a child close to me."

"You are the perfect mother, and I know you will raise this one just as well as you raised your two." Amberlyn said with a smile. "And you certainly won't be doing it alone this time either. I guess it just goes to show, no matter what or who you lose, there is always another way for your family to grow. It won't fill the void left by those you have lost, but it brings new joy."

Oriel leaned into a hug with the dragon she had come to think of as her mother as the egg cracked open, revealing a tiny wildclaw boy, squirming and with a shard of egg stuck to one of his talons. Oriel leaned in to scoop him up, tracing the pattern on his scales with her fingers. There was something familiar about the hathclings spots. It carried the same distinctive arrangement as Orkeck had passed on to their children, and that Plagueheart had passed onto Querida...

Oriel exchanged a look with Amberlyn and saw that the older wildclaw had jumped to the same conclusion. Oriel didn't know which of her family had dropped off the egg to be cared for, but it had obviously not been a random abandonment. Oriel turned back to the hatchling, tears in her eyes, to see that the baby wildclaw had opened his. And there was a strange tint to them.
dragon?age=0&body=55&bodygene=15&breed=10&element=3&eyetype=2&gender=0&tert=42&tertgene=5&winggene=11&wings=66&auth=21deb615fac39593177559ac1d528220cac18f01&dummyext=prev.png

"He has been blessed by the Windsinger!" Amberlyn gasped. "Oh, he needs a good strong name."

"How about Rammus?" A voice piped up in the corner. Mollie, no longer a hatchling, was standing in the door to the sitting room, looking at the hatchling with a warm look in her eyes. The young coatl had been very excited to have a younger sibling to play with.

The coatl limped closer and Amberlyn and Oriel moved to let her view the newest member of their family.

"I like Rammus." Oriel grinned. "Welcome to the world, Rammus! There is so much for you to do and see, just you wait, little one!"

"Welcome to our family!" Mollie said, grinning.

India was once again on her own. She had tried to make it up with Juliette, but the younger wildclaw was still far too angry at her aunt and distracted with Thorburn to come back to normal work. Instead, she was avoiding India by spending her time tinkering in her workshop and helping out with Thorburn's new business, only taking shifts at the Copper Lotus when India was not working.

As India closed up after another long, lonely day at work, she returned to her room to see eggshell all over the floor. The egg must have hatched earlier that day. In a sudden surge of panic, India searched for the hatchling, checking under blankets and cushions and behind furniture. She finally found him under the bed, chewing on a pillow.
dragon?age=0&body=55&bodygene=15&breed=10&element=3&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=140&tertgene=5&winggene=11&wings=158&auth=1acc7364be39c1650909272286db3e2253401fb6&dummyext=prev.png

Breathing a sigh of relief, India pulled the hatchling out from under the bed and held him close.

"There you are, you little troublemaker! I'm sorry I wasn't there for you earlier. I promise to never leave you alone from this moment on, if only to keep you out of mischief!" She tickled the small wildclaw, suddenly catching sight of a nick in on of his big claws. It was oddly shaped. "Oh, what happened to you, poor little thing! How's Runeclaw for a name?"

India smiled a sad smile, remembering when she had first held Juliette after her hatching. But that was in the past. Another hatchling needed her, and if Juliette didn't want to be a part of his life, that was her loss. India had more important things to worry about right now.

divider_by_cas_a_fras-dcm237t.png

Far away from the Windswept Plateau, in an underwater cavern, a crystal ball showed the images of the three hatchlings, flashing through images of their entire lives. A shadowed figure watched lazily, only a slight gleam in the eye giving away the interest the dragon watching showed for the prophecy.

"The three precious ones are here." The dragon whispered to themselves. "Everything is as it should be. It's a pity one of them has to die."

The hatchlings are here! Rammus is my very first dragon with different eyes (because technically I hatched him before I changed Kully.) And now things are well on their way. Things are going where they need to go, and there should be smooth sailing from here on out. Well, not in terms of the story, but in terms of me writing updates. There are still some big things that I've got planned before this arc is out...
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall This update made me SQUEEEEEE!! with delight. XD *shoves Quartz out the room* What beautiful children, and it was amazing to see Mollie again. She's grown into a smart-looking young lady! Also, Runeclaw's hatching, that really made me lol. xD

Very ominous ending, though. I've been racking my brain about who that could be, but have no idea. But that'll actually make things more exciting for me. X'D
@Petall This update made me SQUEEEEEE!! with delight. XD *shoves Quartz out the room* What beautiful children, and it was amazing to see Mollie again. She's grown into a smart-looking young lady! Also, Runeclaw's hatching, that really made me lol. xD

Very ominous ending, though. I've been racking my brain about who that could be, but have no idea. But that'll actually make things more exciting for me. X'D
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Disillusionist

I was squeeing myself writing it!!! (And yes, Quartz, it's best if you stay away from Ruby lol)! I'm glad you enjoyed reading the hatchings! I tried to make them all a little different!

Hehehe you'll have to wait and see who it is...
@Disillusionist

I was squeeing myself writing it!!! (And yes, Quartz, it's best if you stay away from Ruby lol)! I'm glad you enjoyed reading the hatchings! I tried to make them all a little different!

Hehehe you'll have to wait and see who it is...
@Petall OH MYGOODNESS AND THEN ONE IS FOUND CHEWING ON A PILLOW THAT BROKE ME IT WAS SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
@Petall OH MYGOODNESS AND THEN ONE IS FOUND CHEWING ON A PILLOW THAT BROKE ME IT WAS SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
@CleverDual

AAAAA THANK YOU!!!
@CleverDual

AAAAA THANK YOU!!!
----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/20#post_33642137]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Chapter 43: Fractures[/u][/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40974719] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=40974719&skin=0&apparel=750,10380,26359,25793,25797,15736,3630,27765&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/url] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=166&bodygene=15&breed=12&element=3&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=42&tertgene=5&winggene=11&wings=46&auth=9419e448bb5e4993ed9ec546e990bbf0f592e19f&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] "Look, Ruby dear, you need to pay attention." Quartz said, trying his best to maintain his calm demeanor, but his patience was wearing thin. "Bubbles!" The small coatl screeched, bouncing up again to pop them with her claws. "Yes Ruby, and I want you to blow those bubbles across the room!" Quartz tried to explain once again to his infant daughter. "Like this?" Ruby squealed, jumping up and trying to blow with her mouth. However, she couldn't manage to get her mouth open all the way and her tongue got the brunt of the blowing, resulting in a sound the hatchling found very amusing. She soon fell about laughing, and got distracted by recreating the noise she had made before, repeatedly. "Ruby!" Quartz snapped. "Now is not playtime! It's training time! You want to be big and strong, don't you? To make your Dad proud?" "Yes Daddy! But look! Look! Look!" Ruby giggled and made blew another raspberry. "I'm doing it!" Quartz sighed and wiped a speck of spittle from his cheek. Hatchlings were really not his strong suit. "Look, Rubywing." He once again fought to maintain his demeanor. "That is one kind of wind, but the wind I want you to make is something that comes from within, from your very soul. Like this." Quartz pulled his concentration together and blew another round of bubbles using his internal elemental reservoirs. Ruby just giggled with delight and starting jumping up and down again. Quartz realized bubbles were not the right thing to encourage his daughter. She would need some stronger motivation. "Like this Ruby!" Quartz called his daughter again, this time summoning the water that lay in a fountain on the edge of the room, bending it to his will. The water rose into the air and raced towards the hatchling, catching his daughter in the midst of it. The joy on Rubywing's face fell and was replaced by fear. She began squirming and gasping for breath, only to take in air. Quartz realized he had gone to far, and released his grasp on the water, fighting against the joy that the show of power had brought him. Rubywing fell to the floor in the sopping heap, coughing and gasping. Her eyes now stared at her father in fear. "Ruby, I'm sorry." Quartz said, taking a step towards his daughter, who took a step back, quivering and dripping. "That wasn't supposed to happen. Dad got a bit carried away. Let me help." Using his power more gently this time, he pulled the remaining water in his daughters lungs and lifted the water that had covered her feathers, leaving her dry and safe once more. "There we go, you're okay! I would never hurt you, you are far too precious." he cooed, trying to encourage Rubywing to run into his arms the way she did with Querida. "How did you do that? Can I do stuff like that?" Rubywing asked, cautiously, not going into his arms but staring up at her father in awe. "If you practice and hone your skills, you'll be able to do something similar, just with wind magic." Quartz explained, a real smile suddenly crossing his face. "You are very special, and I want you to be the most special you can be." Suddenly, the door swung open and Rubywing squealed, forgetting what had just happened and running instead to her mother, who was sauntering in followed by Tess, eyeing the drenched room dubiously. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41349508] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=41349508&skin=24908&apparel=18774,23723,21853&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/url] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/360.png[/img][/center] "What's been going on here, Ruby?" Querida asked the hatchling in her arms as she placed her daughter on Tess's back. She eyed Quartz with a deeper question in her eyes. "Daddy's teaching me magic! He blowed bubbles and then he made a big wave and I almost died but he saved me!" Ruby explained excitedly. "And Daddy said I can do magic like that someday! I just need prac- prac-" "Practice, honey." Querida patted the small coatl on the head and turned to Quartz, fury blazing in her eyes. "I thought you weren't going to be training her while she was still a hatchling?" "I'll go take the little one to her room." Tess offered. "Good idea." Querida said, not removing her glare from Quartz. She waited for the door to shut and Rubywing's voice to fade before she continued. "What were you thinking? Nearly drowning her?! You realize she is still a child, right? Not one of your apprentices?!" "Okay, so I may have gotten a little carried away, but-" Quartz said coolly, meeting Querida's gaze evenly and unapologetically. "A little carried away?! She could have died!!!" Querida shouted. "Are you trying to scar your daughter? because that's how you end up with a traumatized child, not a powerful apprentice!" "Look, Querida, you don't understand. This is what had to be done-" "When she's grown up, and able to make your own choices, then ou can train her however you want! Not while she is still a baby!" "Don't you dare talk to me like that. I am your superior." Quartz's voice turned icy and his gaze hardened "No! You are not! You said this is a partnership!" Querida reminded him. "And that means keeping promises!" "Do you think Mercer keeps his promises? Promises mean nothing! They are simply the best way to get a weak-willed dragon to trust you!" Quartz shouted. "That is lesson 101 in this business!" "So that's what we are to you?" Querida said, hurt flooding her voice. "Thorburn was right to get away. You really are a stinking monster. Do you know why you keep losing to Mercer? Because you throw away those who might possibly have the smallest sliver of compassion for you. Not that I ever did, but you once had loyal followers, mansions and mansions full of them! And now you're stuck trying to gain help from three young dragons who have no idea what the hell they are doing. And if you turn your back on us, you will have nothing." "Wrong, I will have my daughter." Quartz shot back. "She will grow big and strong and I will grow strong again, just like I always have. Mercer will not take me down again this time." "Oh no, I am taking Ruby with me and I am leaving. I am finished here. I thought I could get something from this, even if I had to manipulate you back to get it, but the price is getting too high. You dug yourself into this hole, you get yourself out of it." Querida growled. "And I'll go back to what I originally intended to do: protect this innocent wind clan you've latched yourself onto like a parasite from the fallout of whatever happens next!" "Well, now that your cards are on the table, I have Three offers for you." Quartz was grinning like a fool, trying to hide his fear. He had to protect his own. He would not let this wildclaw ruin everything he had been trying to build. "One, you help me with this and get to stay in your daughter's life. Together we will do anything to keep our family safe. Two, you leave without Ruby, and find a life in that small clan you love so much. Three, you leave with Ruby and I will personally ensure that Windkeep Tower and all the dragons within it are destroyed, as a show of power to my rival. But I will let you know, word is one of Mercer's inner core is a member of Windkeep Tower and I will not show any weakness." A growl rose within Querida's throat and Quartz suddenly realized what was coming next. The wildclaw before him bared her teeth and flashed her claws, and took a run at Quartz. Just before her talons met his throat, there was a flash of warm light, flowing from his heart and hers, forming a barrier between the two of them. Querida was tossed back and fell to the floor, unconscious. Quartz laughed and kicked her body. "You fool, you cannot harm me." He hummed in his native language. "And unfortunately, I cannot harm you. But this just goes to show no one should ever cross me." And with that, he summoned a portal and send Querida away. ----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/22#post_33684555]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @Alwaid @zzzhorses @Skyeset @ScrivenerRook @Kizzan @clarax @lilastar @tigressRising @Disillusionist @Aetherstorm @rainphee @RiaFire11[/center] ----- And things begin to escalate... Querida has certainly flown too close to the sun with this one... And yes, Mercer is Quartz's rival.

Chapter 43: Fractures

dragon?did=40974719&skin=0&apparel=750,10380,26359,25793,25797,15736,3630,27765&xt=dressing.png

dragon?age=0&body=166&bodygene=15&breed=12&element=3&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=42&tertgene=5&winggene=11&wings=46&auth=9419e448bb5e4993ed9ec546e990bbf0f592e19f&dummyext=prev.png

"Look, Ruby dear, you need to pay attention." Quartz said, trying his best to maintain his calm demeanor, but his patience was wearing thin.

"Bubbles!" The small coatl screeched, bouncing up again to pop them with her claws.

"Yes Ruby, and I want you to blow those bubbles across the room!" Quartz tried to explain once again to his infant daughter.

"Like this?" Ruby squealed, jumping up and trying to blow with her mouth. However, she couldn't manage to get her mouth open all the way and her tongue got the brunt of the blowing, resulting in a sound the hatchling found very amusing. She soon fell about laughing, and got distracted by recreating the noise she had made before, repeatedly.

"Ruby!" Quartz snapped. "Now is not playtime! It's training time! You want to be big and strong, don't you? To make your Dad proud?"

"Yes Daddy! But look! Look! Look!" Ruby giggled and made blew another raspberry. "I'm doing it!"

Quartz sighed and wiped a speck of spittle from his cheek. Hatchlings were really not his strong suit. "Look, Rubywing." He once again fought to maintain his demeanor. "That is one kind of wind, but the wind I want you to make is something that comes from within, from your very soul. Like this."

Quartz pulled his concentration together and blew another round of bubbles using his internal elemental reservoirs. Ruby just giggled with delight and starting jumping up and down again. Quartz realized bubbles were not the right thing to encourage his daughter. She would need some stronger motivation.

"Like this Ruby!" Quartz called his daughter again, this time summoning the water that lay in a fountain on the edge of the room, bending it to his will. The water rose into the air and raced towards the hatchling, catching his daughter in the midst of it. The joy on Rubywing's face fell and was replaced by fear. She began squirming and gasping for breath, only to take in air. Quartz realized he had gone to far, and released his grasp on the water, fighting against the joy that the show of power had brought him. Rubywing fell to the floor in the sopping heap, coughing and gasping. Her eyes now stared at her father in fear.

"Ruby, I'm sorry." Quartz said, taking a step towards his daughter, who took a step back, quivering and dripping. "That wasn't supposed to happen. Dad got a bit carried away. Let me help."

Using his power more gently this time, he pulled the remaining water in his daughters lungs and lifted the water that had covered her feathers, leaving her dry and safe once more.

"There we go, you're okay! I would never hurt you, you are far too precious." he cooed, trying to encourage Rubywing to run into his arms the way she did with Querida.

"How did you do that? Can I do stuff like that?" Rubywing asked, cautiously, not going into his arms but staring up at her father in awe.

"If you practice and hone your skills, you'll be able to do something similar, just with wind magic." Quartz explained, a real smile suddenly crossing his face. "You are very special, and I want you to be the most special you can be."

Suddenly, the door swung open and Rubywing squealed, forgetting what had just happened and running instead to her mother, who was sauntering in followed by Tess, eyeing the drenched room dubiously.

"What's been going on here, Ruby?" Querida asked the hatchling in her arms as she placed her daughter on Tess's back. She eyed Quartz with a deeper question in her eyes.

"Daddy's teaching me magic! He blowed bubbles and then he made a big wave and I almost died but he saved me!" Ruby explained excitedly. "And Daddy said I can do magic like that someday! I just need prac- prac-"

"Practice, honey." Querida patted the small coatl on the head and turned to Quartz, fury blazing in her eyes. "I thought you weren't going to be training her while she was still a hatchling?"

"I'll go take the little one to her room." Tess offered.

"Good idea." Querida said, not removing her glare from Quartz. She waited for the door to shut and Rubywing's voice to fade before she continued. "What were you thinking? Nearly drowning her?! You realize she is still a child, right? Not one of your apprentices?!"

"Okay, so I may have gotten a little carried away, but-" Quartz said coolly, meeting Querida's gaze evenly and unapologetically.

"A little carried away?! She could have died!!!" Querida shouted. "Are you trying to scar your daughter? because that's how you end up with a traumatized child, not a powerful apprentice!"

"Look, Querida, you don't understand. This is what had to be done-"

"When she's grown up, and able to make your own choices, then ou can train her however you want! Not while she is still a baby!"

"Don't you dare talk to me like that. I am your superior." Quartz's voice turned icy and his gaze hardened

"No! You are not! You said this is a partnership!" Querida reminded him. "And that means keeping promises!"

"Do you think Mercer keeps his promises? Promises mean nothing! They are simply the best way to get a weak-willed dragon to trust you!" Quartz shouted. "That is lesson 101 in this business!"

"So that's what we are to you?" Querida said, hurt flooding her voice. "Thorburn was right to get away. You really are a stinking monster. Do you know why you keep losing to Mercer? Because you throw away those who might possibly have the smallest sliver of compassion for you. Not that I ever did, but you once had loyal followers, mansions and mansions full of them! And now you're stuck trying to gain help from three young dragons who have no idea what the hell they are doing. And if you turn your back on us, you will have nothing."

"Wrong, I will have my daughter." Quartz shot back. "She will grow big and strong and I will grow strong again, just like I always have. Mercer will not take me down again this time."

"Oh no, I am taking Ruby with me and I am leaving. I am finished here. I thought I could get something from this, even if I had to manipulate you back to get it, but the price is getting too high. You dug yourself into this hole, you get yourself out of it." Querida growled. "And I'll go back to what I originally intended to do: protect this innocent wind clan you've latched yourself onto like a parasite from the fallout of whatever happens next!"

"Well, now that your cards are on the table, I have Three offers for you." Quartz was grinning like a fool, trying to hide his fear. He had to protect his own. He would not let this wildclaw ruin everything he had been trying to build. "One, you help me with this and get to stay in your daughter's life. Together we will do anything to keep our family safe. Two, you leave without Ruby, and find a life in that small clan you love so much. Three, you leave with Ruby and I will personally ensure that Windkeep Tower and all the dragons within it are destroyed, as a show of power to my rival. But I will let you know, word is one of Mercer's inner core is a member of Windkeep Tower and I will not show any weakness."

A growl rose within Querida's throat and Quartz suddenly realized what was coming next. The wildclaw before him bared her teeth and flashed her claws, and took a run at Quartz. Just before her talons met his throat, there was a flash of warm light, flowing from his heart and hers, forming a barrier between the two of them. Querida was tossed back and fell to the floor, unconscious. Quartz laughed and kicked her body.

"You fool, you cannot harm me." He hummed in his native language. "And unfortunately, I cannot harm you. But this just goes to show no one should ever cross me." And with that, he summoned a portal and send Querida away.

And things begin to escalate... Querida has certainly flown too close to the sun with this one...

And yes, Mercer is Quartz's rival.
@Petall oh. Oh my. Woah. Things be going down. Yikes.
@Petall oh. Oh my. Woah. Things be going down. Yikes.
@Petall
QUARTZ WHHHYYYYYYYYY
@Petall
QUARTZ WHHHYYYYYYYYY
oie-6215725-UHAIb-VYJ.png
AzWEmYL.png Call me Ari!
AzWEmYL.png FR +3
AzWEmYL.png He/She/They
_________________________________ genderfluid.png
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 78 79