Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Stories of Windkeep Tower
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 78 79
----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/16#post_33483757]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Chapter 37: The Queen of Quartz[/u][/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40974719] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=40974719&skin=0&apparel=750,10380,26359,25793,25797,15736,3630,27765&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41349508] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=41349508&skin=24908&apparel=18774,23723,21853&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/url] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/360.png[/img][/center] "So what you're saying is..?" Quartz flicked his tongue, blue eyes gleaming hungrily, like the sapphires Querida was sure he held somewhere within his fortune. The coatl was pacing around Querida, who stood meeting his gaze evenly. Tess lay at her feet in a docile heap, seemingly entranced by the ornate rug beneath their feet. "What I'm saying is that you are right. My destiny is too important to waste on lower dragons." Querida said boldly. "I am glad to have finally met a dragon of my caliber, someone to be my equal once the training is complete. My days as a wanderer are over. I have found my place and it is by your side." "Well, I am glad to see you have made the right choice, lioness." Quartz said. "But you still need to prove yourself to me." "I would expect nothing less." Querida said, keeping her sudden jolt of fear hidden deep within. What would he ask her to do? "You and I are very much alike, you know. Both estranged from our families and friends, making a place for ourselves in this world." Quartz flicked his tongue again. "Ah, but I am getting ahead of myself. Here, there is something you must sign, to bind your position in place. A precaution I have set up after... recent betrayals. I am sure you understand." The coatl made his way over to his desk and pulled out a small scroll, handing it to Querida, along with a vibrant pink quill. Querida unrolled it and tried to make out the handwriting, only to find it was in runes she did not understand. "Is this written in coatl?" Querida asked, shocked. She hadn't ever seen coatl written before, but that didn't mean tehy didn't have a written language. "Not coatl. A different language you will, in time, learn." Quartz confessed. "Do not worry, my dear, I mean you know harm as long as you stay on my side." "This is quite a big leap of faith you are asking me to make." Querida said, heart pounding. "Is it out of my place to ask you to do the same? If we are to someday be partners, we must [i]both[/i] trust one another." The coatl cracked a sly smile, a strange gleam in his eyes. "You have a very good point. Perhaps we can agree on a different sort of contract." Quartz took the scroll and tossed it into the crackling hearth. The flames turned pink with arcane energy as the contract and the spell upon it curled into a charred black heap of ashes, breaking apart and lifting into the air. Once reduced to embers, Quartz pulled out a pair of tongs gleaming with runes and pulled something out of the fire. He set it down and dusted it off, revealing it to be two perfectly formed chunks of rose quartz. Querida could not tear her gaze away from them. "What is that?" Querida could not keep the awe out of her voice and Quartz smirked. "A very special form of magic I have perfected, to place a spell within a single gemstone. Rose Quartz is my favourite, though I may perhaps be a bit biased." Quartz explained, a hint of excitement in his voice. "And the spell?" Querida asked, raising her eyes to meet Quartz's. "Neither of us may harm one another in any way." Quartz explained. "We will be physically prevented from doing anything to one another, and if the spell is broken, a curse will be released upon whoever intended to break it." "Sounds like an even deal." Querida said, with a grin. She did not dare look at Tess. She was sure the manticore would be horrified, but the thrill of it all excited her. So what if it was risky? Play the game right, and the rewards would be great, and she would keep Windkeep Tower safe. A secret guardian, she liked the sound of that. Quartz wordlessly passed one of the stones to Querida, and held the others in his own hands. The two quartz pieces glowed faintly for a moment, and Querida suddenly felt compelled to put it near her chest. The moment it touched her skin, it grew warm and turned to pure light, entering her skin and settling around her heart. Suddenly horrified, Querida looked up to see Quartz's chest glowing where his heart should be. The spell was in place, and whatever came next, their fates were bound together. It was only then that she met Tess's gaze. Querida could see genuine fear flooding her face. When Tess met her dragon's gaze, the manticore swallowed and gave a small nod. Whatever happened, they were in this together. [center][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/e0bf/f/2018/247/7/5/divider_by_cas_a_fras-dcm237t.png[/img][/center] "You did a Binding of the Hearts? Are you completely insane?" Tess hissed once they were alone in Querida's new quarters. As she had decided to stay in the mansion in minimize impact on Windkeep Tower, Quartz had granted her a small wing of the mansion, complete with her own suite. Here she and Tess could talk without being overheard. "He can't hurt me? Did you hear that? As long as I don't hurt him, I'm safe!" Querida pointed out. "I can do what I like!" "You don't understand. A Binding of the Hearts is an ancient, volatile magic, belonging to the dieties themselves!" Tess explained. "According to legend, the deities granted it to couples they deemed worthy as a reward. It's meant to be benevolent, only possible with consent on both ends of the binding, meant to ensure that both will remain loyal to one another and what they care about. It's a sacred relationship, more binding than marriage! If Quartz did it wrong, the consequences could be disastrous, and if he did it right, there is no way to break the bond without cursing everything you love. Only a great power can sever the bond without consequences and no mortal being on Sornieth is in any way capable of that!" "Well, I'll just be careful then." Querida shrugged, trying to pretend it didn't scare her as much as she did. "Look, you said you'd be with me through anything, right?" Tess sighed. "Yes, I did. But you are making this very difficult." "Look, we'll figure it out." Querida said. "Quartz is in just as much hot water as I am in this. He's clearly out of his depth too." "Well, just know that your bond is now so strong, not even death will properly separate you." Tess said with a yawn. "How do you think all the great legends of love got started?" [i]Love.[/i] Querida snorted. This was not a love story, and it never would be. Yet even as she said that, she felt her heart thrum twice as strongly, as if the spell was syncing and amplifying their heartbeats. What had she gotten herself into? And where would it end? [center][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/e0bf/f/2018/247/7/5/divider_by_cas_a_fras-dcm237t.png[/img][/center] Quartz paced his bedroom, wondering what on earth had compelled him to perform a Binding of Hearts. There was just something about Querida that spurred him on, made his desperate to prove himself. His old mentor had said something about his downfall coming from overstepping his power, but that was surely just mentorly advice, wasn't it? Not an actual prophecy? Regardless, Quartz was scared. Properly scared. He hadn't been this terrified for a very long time. Actually, come to think of it, he didn't think he'd been this scared ever! He had always been so smooth and suave and under control. Now he had to play his cards right with Querida, or else destruction could reign down upon them all. All this he told himself as he felt Querida's heartbeat against his own, a reminder that would never leave. Just what had he been trying to prove and would it really be worth it? ----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/17#post_33514803]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @Alwaid @zzzhorses @Skyeset @ScrivenerRook @Kizzan @clarax @lilastar @tigressRising @Disillusionist @Aetherstorm[/center] ----- Man, today's update is the hardest I've ever had to write and it turned out completely different than I expected. That's the thing about actually writing ideas out, it takes a lot longer to make things happen than it seems it will take. I had a schedule for updates this week balancing out each character's 'screentime' but I don't know how well I'll be able to stick to that. We'll have to see. There was a very big plot point that was supposed to happen today but I just couldn't find a way to make it work today. I'm going to try to make it work this week, but we'll have to see how it goes because I currently have no idea how this will actually work... Wish me luck! (Oh, one more thing! Fun fact! The title for today's chapter is a reference to the title of the first chapter in this arc: King of Diamonds, King of Pearls.)

Chapter 37: The Queen of Quartz

dragon?did=40974719&skin=0&apparel=750,10380,26359,25793,25797,15736,3630,27765&xt=dressing.png

dragon?did=41349508&skin=24908&apparel=18774,23723,21853&xt=dressing.png

360.png

"So what you're saying is..?" Quartz flicked his tongue, blue eyes gleaming hungrily, like the sapphires Querida was sure he held somewhere within his fortune. The coatl was pacing around Querida, who stood meeting his gaze evenly. Tess lay at her feet in a docile heap, seemingly entranced by the ornate rug beneath their feet.

"What I'm saying is that you are right. My destiny is too important to waste on lower dragons." Querida said boldly. "I am glad to have finally met a dragon of my caliber, someone to be my equal once the training is complete. My days as a wanderer are over. I have found my place and it is by your side."

"Well, I am glad to see you have made the right choice, lioness." Quartz said. "But you still need to prove yourself to me."

"I would expect nothing less." Querida said, keeping her sudden jolt of fear hidden deep within. What would he ask her to do?

"You and I are very much alike, you know. Both estranged from our families and friends, making a place for ourselves in this world." Quartz flicked his tongue again. "Ah, but I am getting ahead of myself. Here, there is something you must sign, to bind your position in place. A precaution I have set up after... recent betrayals. I am sure you understand."

The coatl made his way over to his desk and pulled out a small scroll, handing it to Querida, along with a vibrant pink quill. Querida unrolled it and tried to make out the handwriting, only to find it was in runes she did not understand.

"Is this written in coatl?" Querida asked, shocked. She hadn't ever seen coatl written before, but that didn't mean tehy didn't have a written language.

"Not coatl. A different language you will, in time, learn." Quartz confessed. "Do not worry, my dear, I mean you know harm as long as you stay on my side."

"This is quite a big leap of faith you are asking me to make." Querida said, heart pounding. "Is it out of my place to ask you to do the same? If we are to someday be partners, we must both trust one another."

The coatl cracked a sly smile, a strange gleam in his eyes. "You have a very good point. Perhaps we can agree on a different sort of contract."

Quartz took the scroll and tossed it into the crackling hearth. The flames turned pink with arcane energy as the contract and the spell upon it curled into a charred black heap of ashes, breaking apart and lifting into the air. Once reduced to embers, Quartz pulled out a pair of tongs gleaming with runes and pulled something out of the fire. He set it down and dusted it off, revealing it to be two perfectly formed chunks of rose quartz. Querida could not tear her gaze away from them.

"What is that?" Querida could not keep the awe out of her voice and Quartz smirked.

"A very special form of magic I have perfected, to place a spell within a single gemstone. Rose Quartz is my favourite, though I may perhaps be a bit biased." Quartz explained, a hint of excitement in his voice.

"And the spell?" Querida asked, raising her eyes to meet Quartz's.

"Neither of us may harm one another in any way." Quartz explained. "We will be physically prevented from doing anything to one another, and if the spell is broken, a curse will be released upon whoever intended to break it."

"Sounds like an even deal." Querida said, with a grin. She did not dare look at Tess. She was sure the manticore would be horrified, but the thrill of it all excited her. So what if it was risky? Play the game right, and the rewards would be great, and she would keep Windkeep Tower safe. A secret guardian, she liked the sound of that.

Quartz wordlessly passed one of the stones to Querida, and held the others in his own hands. The two quartz pieces glowed faintly for a moment, and Querida suddenly felt compelled to put it near her chest. The moment it touched her skin, it grew warm and turned to pure light, entering her skin and settling around her heart. Suddenly horrified, Querida looked up to see Quartz's chest glowing where his heart should be. The spell was in place, and whatever came next, their fates were bound together. It was only then that she met Tess's gaze. Querida could see genuine fear flooding her face. When Tess met her dragon's gaze, the manticore swallowed and gave a small nod. Whatever happened, they were in this together.

divider_by_cas_a_fras-dcm237t.png

"You did a Binding of the Hearts? Are you completely insane?" Tess hissed once they were alone in Querida's new quarters. As she had decided to stay in the mansion in minimize impact on Windkeep Tower, Quartz had granted her a small wing of the mansion, complete with her own suite. Here she and Tess could talk without being overheard.

"He can't hurt me? Did you hear that? As long as I don't hurt him, I'm safe!" Querida pointed out. "I can do what I like!"

"You don't understand. A Binding of the Hearts is an ancient, volatile magic, belonging to the dieties themselves!" Tess explained. "According to legend, the deities granted it to couples they deemed worthy as a reward. It's meant to be benevolent, only possible with consent on both ends of the binding, meant to ensure that both will remain loyal to one another and what they care about. It's a sacred relationship, more binding than marriage! If Quartz did it wrong, the consequences could be disastrous, and if he did it right, there is no way to break the bond without cursing everything you love. Only a great power can sever the bond without consequences and no mortal being on Sornieth is in any way capable of that!"

"Well, I'll just be careful then." Querida shrugged, trying to pretend it didn't scare her as much as she did. "Look, you said you'd be with me through anything, right?"

Tess sighed. "Yes, I did. But you are making this very difficult."

"Look, we'll figure it out." Querida said. "Quartz is in just as much hot water as I am in this. He's clearly out of his depth too."

"Well, just know that your bond is now so strong, not even death will properly separate you." Tess said with a yawn. "How do you think all the great legends of love got started?"

Love. Querida snorted. This was not a love story, and it never would be. Yet even as she said that, she felt her heart thrum twice as strongly, as if the spell was syncing and amplifying their heartbeats. What had she gotten herself into? And where would it end?

divider_by_cas_a_fras-dcm237t.png

Quartz paced his bedroom, wondering what on earth had compelled him to perform a Binding of Hearts. There was just something about Querida that spurred him on, made his desperate to prove himself. His old mentor had said something about his downfall coming from overstepping his power, but that was surely just mentorly advice, wasn't it? Not an actual prophecy?

Regardless, Quartz was scared. Properly scared. He hadn't been this terrified for a very long time. Actually, come to think of it, he didn't think he'd been this scared ever! He had always been so smooth and suave and under control. Now he had to play his cards right with Querida, or else destruction could reign down upon them all.

All this he told himself as he felt Querida's heartbeat against his own, a reminder that would never leave. Just what had he been trying to prove and would it really be worth it?

Man, today's update is the hardest I've ever had to write and it turned out completely different than I expected. That's the thing about actually writing ideas out, it takes a lot longer to make things happen than it seems it will take. I had a schedule for updates this week balancing out each character's 'screentime' but I don't know how well I'll be able to stick to that. We'll have to see.

There was a very big plot point that was supposed to happen today but I just couldn't find a way to make it work today. I'm going to try to make it work this week, but we'll have to see how it goes because I currently have no idea how this will actually work... Wish me luck!

(Oh, one more thing! Fun fact! The title for today's chapter is a reference to the title of the first chapter in this arc: King of Diamonds, King of Pearls.)
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall ...I'm sitting here trying to think of something eloquent to say, and the only thing popping into my mind is "OOOOOOOOOOOHHH!!" I feel like a high schooler again, sitting in front of a TV and watching a juicy telenovela. x3

That said, I really like how Tess is getting into the spirit of things. I had to smile at her pretending to be oblivious and uncaring at first and then going "YIPES!" when the Binding of Hearts commenced. It just gets more and more interesting!

Also nice to see Quartz very off-balance for once. *smug grin* XDDD
@Petall ...I'm sitting here trying to think of something eloquent to say, and the only thing popping into my mind is "OOOOOOOOOOOHHH!!" I feel like a high schooler again, sitting in front of a TV and watching a juicy telenovela. x3

That said, I really like how Tess is getting into the spirit of things. I had to smile at her pretending to be oblivious and uncaring at first and then going "YIPES!" when the Binding of Hearts commenced. It just gets more and more interesting!

Also nice to see Quartz very off-balance for once. *smug grin* XDDD
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Petall And thus begins the catch up...

HOW THE CRAP DID I MISS THE INTERLUDE WITH ALL OF MY FRIGGIN CHARACTERS?????????? MY GOODNESS THAT WAS AMAZING! I HONESTLY HAVE NO WORDS BUT I JUST....AUGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

26. OH MY GOODNESS PLAUGEHEART AND PYRITE AS PARENTS ARE JUST KILLING ME! :D :D :D

27. Oh. Oh dear. Oh no. Now I'm really stressed for P&P....AUGH DON'T DO THIS TO ME AGAIN!

28. HOLY CRAP THEY ARE HERE OH MY GOSH I CANT WAIT TO READ THIS!!!!!!!! AUGH I LOVE THEM ALREADY (I am one sentence in...) DUDE DUDE DUDE DUDE DUDE DUDE DUDE THIS ONE IS GOING ON THE LIST WE WERE WRITING THE OTHER DAY WE HAVE TO DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
"No! Not in that way! Ew, no! Waterlogged guardians are not my type either." Thorburn exclaimed quickly. "I just want to talk."

"Well, you sure know how to charm a lady." Daisy Mae said drily.
AUGH THINGS ARE GETTING INTERESTING I NEED ANSWERS NOW!!!!!!!

30. oh. my heart. ow.

31. I like this. This is getting fascinating. I need more.

32. JULIETTE!!!! Querida is so cute. I love her so much. INDIA GOT SO PRETTY!!!!!!!! AND I LOVE HER PERSONALITY SO SO SO SO SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!! Reminds me a little of her sister! :D And Haven and Heath would be sooooo proud of her. We need to write a crossover with all the dragons from my clan coming for a visit with the royal line! :O :O :O

33. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Quote:
So come to me,
The Merchant,
The Lover,
and The Seeker.
I look forward to meeting you.
(insert frenzied screaming here)
Things are getting sketch. I totally forgot what you had told me about this, so it was an actual shock. Ugh.

35. Oh, Kulshan, I love you so. You are so precious. And so so so so stupid. THORNBURN IS AMAZING!

36. MOLLIE IS SO CUTE SHE IS ACTUALLY CAUSING ME PHYSICAL PAIN OH MY GOODNESS I NEED TO HUG HER RIGHT NOW OH MY WORD THAT PRECIOUS LIL' BEAN!

37. oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh goodness I can see why you had trouble writing this one. It is really intense. Like, woah. That's amazing. Dude, I don't...woah.....I love seeing Quartz off his game...it makes him seem much more interesting.

Okay, you have no idea how much I adore reading your lore. It warms my heart. This was the most fun thing, catching up. I love this soooo much, and if you ever need someone to bounce ideas off, you know I'm here. Keep up the great work!!!!!
@Petall And thus begins the catch up...

HOW THE CRAP DID I MISS THE INTERLUDE WITH ALL OF MY FRIGGIN CHARACTERS?????????? MY GOODNESS THAT WAS AMAZING! I HONESTLY HAVE NO WORDS BUT I JUST....AUGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

26. OH MY GOODNESS PLAUGEHEART AND PYRITE AS PARENTS ARE JUST KILLING ME! :D :D :D

27. Oh. Oh dear. Oh no. Now I'm really stressed for P&P....AUGH DON'T DO THIS TO ME AGAIN!

28. HOLY CRAP THEY ARE HERE OH MY GOSH I CANT WAIT TO READ THIS!!!!!!!! AUGH I LOVE THEM ALREADY (I am one sentence in...) DUDE DUDE DUDE DUDE DUDE DUDE DUDE THIS ONE IS GOING ON THE LIST WE WERE WRITING THE OTHER DAY WE HAVE TO DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
"No! Not in that way! Ew, no! Waterlogged guardians are not my type either." Thorburn exclaimed quickly. "I just want to talk."

"Well, you sure know how to charm a lady." Daisy Mae said drily.
AUGH THINGS ARE GETTING INTERESTING I NEED ANSWERS NOW!!!!!!!

30. oh. my heart. ow.

31. I like this. This is getting fascinating. I need more.

32. JULIETTE!!!! Querida is so cute. I love her so much. INDIA GOT SO PRETTY!!!!!!!! AND I LOVE HER PERSONALITY SO SO SO SO SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!! Reminds me a little of her sister! :D And Haven and Heath would be sooooo proud of her. We need to write a crossover with all the dragons from my clan coming for a visit with the royal line! :O :O :O

33. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Quote:
So come to me,
The Merchant,
The Lover,
and The Seeker.
I look forward to meeting you.
(insert frenzied screaming here)
Things are getting sketch. I totally forgot what you had told me about this, so it was an actual shock. Ugh.

35. Oh, Kulshan, I love you so. You are so precious. And so so so so stupid. THORNBURN IS AMAZING!

36. MOLLIE IS SO CUTE SHE IS ACTUALLY CAUSING ME PHYSICAL PAIN OH MY GOODNESS I NEED TO HUG HER RIGHT NOW OH MY WORD THAT PRECIOUS LIL' BEAN!

37. oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh goodness I can see why you had trouble writing this one. It is really intense. Like, woah. That's amazing. Dude, I don't...woah.....I love seeing Quartz off his game...it makes him seem much more interesting.

Okay, you have no idea how much I adore reading your lore. It warms my heart. This was the most fun thing, catching up. I love this soooo much, and if you ever need someone to bounce ideas off, you know I'm here. Keep up the great work!!!!!
@Disillusionist

Funny you should mention telenovelas because I have been watching a lot of Jane the Virgin lately so I wouldn't be surprised if some of the dramatics have subconsciously begun to work their way into my writing. Also, I love big fantasy stories filled with destiny and magic and great heroes so that is worming its way in too!

@CleverDual

I am so so so glad you are enjoying it!!! I knew you would love Kyra and Kulshan's introductions!!! AAaaa all your comments make me so happy!!!! I was smiling through the whole thing!
@Disillusionist

Funny you should mention telenovelas because I have been watching a lot of Jane the Virgin lately so I wouldn't be surprised if some of the dramatics have subconsciously begun to work their way into my writing. Also, I love big fantasy stories filled with destiny and magic and great heroes so that is worming its way in too!

@CleverDual

I am so so so glad you are enjoying it!!! I knew you would love Kyra and Kulshan's introductions!!! AAaaa all your comments make me so happy!!!! I was smiling through the whole thing!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
What great lore! I love it! I’m super eager to see where this goes!
What great lore! I love it! I’m super eager to see where this goes!
SEwVSoU.png ______phee | she/they | +2 fr time | art shop | hatchery | clan directory______ 1cnGog5.png
@rainphee

Aaa thank you very very much!!! Would you like to be on the pinglist?
@rainphee

Aaa thank you very very much!!! Would you like to be on the pinglist?
@Petall

Yes please!
@Petall

Yes please!
SEwVSoU.png ______phee | she/they | +2 fr time | art shop | hatchery | clan directory______ 1cnGog5.png
----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/17#post_33501928]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Chapter 38: A World that We Design[/u][/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41890810] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/418909/41890810_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] In the darkness of his room at the Copper Lotus, lit only by the candlelight, Kulshan was seated at a sturdy wooden desk, hunched over a piece of parchment. Old pieces lay crumpled around him, blotted with ink. It was so hard to know what to say... [center][i][s]My Dearest, Kyra[/s] Hi Kyra, I am so sorry I left without saying anything. It [i]brakes[/i] breaks my heart to be so far from you, but if we are going to be together, I can't come to you like this. I have nothing to offer you, and you have everything, so I have left to seek my fortune. I have a plan. It's a risky one, but there is a coatl that is offering an [s]opp[/s] apprenticeship. if I spend enough time working for him, I can make the money to give you everything you deserve. We can make something wonderful. Just give me time. I love you so so much, and when I see you again, I'm going to tell you that to your face. Love, Kulshan[/i][/center] The ridgeback looked over his letter and sighed. his handwriting was sloppy and he had dripped ink all over the page. It was no good. And he couldn't just tell her he loved her. Not yet anyways. The timing had to be right... He crumpled up his most recent attempt at a letter and threw it into the fireplace. Quartz just had to take him on. He'd do anything. Anything at all. He just missed Kyra so much. [center][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/e0bf/f/2018/247/7/5/divider_by_cas_a_fras-dcm237t.png[/img] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40974719] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=40974719&skin=0&apparel=750,10380,26359,25793,25797,15736,3630,27765&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/url][/center] "You called me?" Kulshan asked, taking off his cap and fiddling with it anxiously. "Does that mean you've decided?" "I have, and I will take you on." Quartz said with a grin. "Conditionally." "I'll do anything!" The young ridgeback said quickly. "Let me prove myself to you!" "Slow down! First there is a matter of contract." Quartz drew up a piece of parchment and handed it to Kulshan. It was written in the same language as Querida's had been. "What does it say?" Kulshan asked, desperately scanning for something he understood. He couldn't find anything. "Just that you owe me your firstborn child as compensation should you break it." Quartz said. Kulshan's eyes widened. "I'm kidding! I'm not some wicked witch of faerie trickster." Quartz smirked. "Just thought it would add more dramatic effect. I will warn you though, you do not want to break this." "I won't. I will be your servant for all eternity. Whatever it takes to learn my true love's hand." Kulshan said, picking up a quill and signing his name in his shaky, terrible handwriting. "Welcome to the team, Kully." Quartz's eyes flashed and he flicked his tongue hungrily. Hearing Kyra's nickname for him solidified Kulshan's resolve. Everything he was doing, he was doing for her. ----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/18#post_33528531]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @Alwaid @zzzhorses @Skyeset @ScrivenerRook @Kizzan @clarax @lilastar @tigressRising @Disillusionist @Aetherstorm @rainphee[/center] ----- I thought I'd take a break from Querida dramatics and go spend some time with the other participants, so here's a look at how dear Kully is doing. Oh, and if you are looking for something new to read, a really good irl friend of ine just started a dragon version of The Bachelorette! You can check it out [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2444079/1]here[/url], it's going to be great!

Chapter 38: A World that We Design

41890810_350.png

In the darkness of his room at the Copper Lotus, lit only by the candlelight, Kulshan was seated at a sturdy wooden desk, hunched over a piece of parchment. Old pieces lay crumpled around him, blotted with ink. It was so hard to know what to say...
My Dearest, Kyra
Hi Kyra,

I am so sorry I left without saying anything. It brakes breaks my heart to be so far from you, but if we are going to be together, I can't come to you like this. I have nothing to offer you, and you have everything, so I have left to seek my fortune.

I have a plan. It's a risky one, but there is a coatl that is offering an opp apprenticeship. if I spend enough time working for him, I can make the money to give you everything you deserve. We can make something wonderful. Just give me time. I love you so so much, and when I see you again, I'm going to tell you that to your face.

Love,
Kulshan

The ridgeback looked over his letter and sighed. his handwriting was sloppy and he had dripped ink all over the page. It was no good. And he couldn't just tell her he loved her. Not yet anyways. The timing had to be right...

He crumpled up his most recent attempt at a letter and threw it into the fireplace. Quartz just had to take him on. He'd do anything. Anything at all.

He just missed Kyra so much.

"You called me?" Kulshan asked, taking off his cap and fiddling with it anxiously. "Does that mean you've decided?"

"I have, and I will take you on." Quartz said with a grin. "Conditionally."

"I'll do anything!" The young ridgeback said quickly. "Let me prove myself to you!"

"Slow down! First there is a matter of contract." Quartz drew up a piece of parchment and handed it to Kulshan. It was written in the same language as Querida's had been.

"What does it say?" Kulshan asked, desperately scanning for something he understood. He couldn't find anything.

"Just that you owe me your firstborn child as compensation should you break it." Quartz said. Kulshan's eyes widened. "I'm kidding! I'm not some wicked witch of faerie trickster." Quartz smirked. "Just thought it would add more dramatic effect. I will warn you though, you do not want to break this."

"I won't. I will be your servant for all eternity. Whatever it takes to learn my true love's hand." Kulshan said, picking up a quill and signing his name in his shaky, terrible handwriting.

"Welcome to the team, Kully." Quartz's eyes flashed and he flicked his tongue hungrily. Hearing Kyra's nickname for him solidified Kulshan's resolve. Everything he was doing, he was doing for her.

I thought I'd take a break from Querida dramatics and go spend some time with the other participants, so here's a look at how dear Kully is doing.

Oh, and if you are looking for something new to read, a really good irl friend of ine just started a dragon version of The Bachelorette! You can check it out here, it's going to be great!
@Petall Kulshan's letter was really sweet and heartbreaking at the same time. He's so earnest! The crossed-out words and the ones with incorrect spelling were a nice touch. It feels like everybody in fiction can write and speak perfectly, so sometimes it's great to have a character who makes a few mistakes here and there. XD

I also like how he just jumped on the contract, unlike Querida and Tess. He's earnest -- and unfortunately sometimes that means "desperate". Yipes!
@Petall Kulshan's letter was really sweet and heartbreaking at the same time. He's so earnest! The crossed-out words and the ones with incorrect spelling were a nice touch. It feels like everybody in fiction can write and speak perfectly, so sometimes it's great to have a character who makes a few mistakes here and there. XD

I also like how he just jumped on the contract, unlike Querida and Tess. He's earnest -- and unfortunately sometimes that means "desperate". Yipes!
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Disillusionist

I am very excited to explore how Kulshan will act under pressure, as right now he's sort of in a fairy tale mindset where love will always prevail. Quartz may seem like a fairy tale answer to his problem, but we both know he is not.
@Disillusionist

I am very excited to explore how Kulshan will act under pressure, as right now he's sort of in a fairy tale mindset where love will always prevail. Quartz may seem like a fairy tale answer to his problem, but we both know he is not.
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 78 79