Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Stories of Windkeep Tower
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 78 79
----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/15#post_33433418]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Chapter 34: Crown Shyness[/u][/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41349508] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=41349508&skin=24908&apparel=18774,23723,21853&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/url][/center] It was the last day of the Greenskeeper Gathering, and Querida had seen neither hide nor hair of Quartz since she and Thorburn had realized it was in they had been searching for. Come to think of it, she hadn't seen Thorburn since that evening. It appeared after his lapse of rivalry in the excitement of discovering who Quartz was, he had wanted to make it extra clear he and Querida were not working together. Querida had decided to go with her initial plan to not try to connect with Quartz until after the festival. She was spending the day enjoying the last day of the enchanted forest. It was so peaceful, and she knew she was going to miss it when it went. It was then that she stumbled across one of the gazebos Quartz had donated to the clan. It looked the perfect picture of serenity, with the still pool inside it and the warm brown wood and red furniture. By the door there was a plaque with loopy pink writing, commemorating the generous donation of Quartz. Querida couldn't help but open the door and sit down on the sofa, enjoying the warmth of the sunlight streaming through the glass. Querida was almost asleep when she heard a scratching at the door. She opened her eyes to see the manticore sitting by the door, eyes wide in an obvious pleading to be let it. With a smile, Querida slid off the sofa and swung the door open. The manticore stuck its head it, sniffed the air, and then padded in and curled up on the rug next to the pool, purring contentedly. [center][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/360.png[/img][/center] "Do you have a name?" Querida asked it, settling back down on the couch. "Not in your tongue." The manticore admitted. "But I wouldn't mind if you gave me one, if that is easier for you." Querida was shocked. From what she had heard, it was a great honor to be allowed to bestow a name on a manticore, or any beastclan or familiar of similar intellect. "How does Tess sound?" Querida asked after some thought. "Tess..." The manticore rolled the name on her tongue with a purr. "I can tell that name has great meaning for you. I appreciate the gift." "It was what we would have called my brother if he was a girl." Querida admitted. "My parents were pretty set on the name Quintessence. Quin for a boy, Tess for a girl." "It is an honour to have such a name, thank you Querida." Tess said softly, grinning her sharp grin. it still unnerved Querida a bit. It seemed odd that such a dangerous creature had taken a shine to her. "Will you go after the festival?" Querida asked. "You are not bound to this place, are you?" "I am free to go where I please. I followed the forest, I did not come with the other familiars who have gathered around this tower for the celebration of life." Tess admitted. "But if you go, I will go, and if you stay, I will stay by my side. I feel a great heart in you, and a gift deep within. I wish to see how this plays out, and to offer you a certain level of protection." "I would be honoured, Tess." Querida said, humbled. "I would be glad of your friendship." "Then it is settled." Tess grinned again. "Our pact has been made. Now, may I ask, what is your quest? I have seen you wandering these woods often, you seem to be searching for something." "Well, you see-" Querida pulled out the book and her words caught in her breath. The rose quartz on it was glowing, and the book was warm. Tess looked at the book with an intense curiosity, the pink light reflecting in her eyes. Slowly, Querida opened to book to see a new entry, the ink still wet and gleaming pink. [i][color=Hotpink]Dear Apprentices Three,[center] [i][color=Hotpink]I am ready for you to find me. You have all gathered by the Tower celebrating life, Enjoying freedom from your strife, But now your rest is done And the real work has begun. Today your destiny begins. Find any Gazebo and jump into the pool. They have been enchanted to look much more shallow than they actually are, but any piece of rose quartz from my journals acts as a key to open the portal. You will find yourself in my lair. Remember to keep this location top secret. I have many enemies and I don't want my secrets to fall into the wrong hands. Come quickly, this message will not stay long before fading. So come to me, The Merchant, The Lover, and The Seeker. I look forward to meeting you.[/i] [/center][right][color=Hotpink]-Quartz[/right][/color][/i] "So this is your quest. You have not chosen a simple one." Tess purred thoughtfully. "This will be a lot more interesting than I thought. Let's go, and see what awaits us." [center][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/e0bf/f/2018/247/7/5/divider_by_cas_a_fras-dcm237t.png[/img][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40974719] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=40974719&skin=0&apparel=750,10380,26359,25793,25797,15736,3630,27765&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/url][/center] Quartz stood in the round reception room, looking at the round marble portals that lined the perimeter, awaiting the arrival of his potential apprentices. He did love a good competition. Not only did it help enforce loyalty to him, it really brought out the best in his potential apprentices. However, each time he had attempted this, they had all failed him. Many had died trying, and he had been unable to save them. Hopefully, this time would go differently. If he wanted to best his own rival, he needed to build up a strong resistance. Suddenly, there was a flash of blue light, and a wet ridgeback appeared on one of the marble platforms. He looked confused, and he was dressed in rags, but there was a deep determination in his eyes, and a glint of the naive idealization of youth. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41890810] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/418909/41890810_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "Kulshan, welcome." Quartz said with a smile, ten switched to a coatl hum, indistinct to the young dragon before him. "A lover, seeking to impress the dragon his heart desires, willing to do anything to win over his one true love." Before the ridgeback had a chance to respond, there was another flash of light. This time a bogsneak appeared, looking at first triumphant, but his grin faded to a scowl at the sight of Kulshan. He was clearly sizing up his competition. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41058623] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/410587/41058623_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "Thorburn, greetings." Quartz grinned, switching once again to his coatl tongue. "A merchant, desperate to rise above his station and achieve the success he hungers for more than life itself." Thorburn dipped his head in respect, but there was a blaze in his eye, like such an act of submission went against his very nature. Just as he lifted his head, there was another flash of blue light, and Querida stepped off the portal, followed by a manticore almost as big as she was. "Querida, heart of a lion." Quartz didn't even bother greeting her in draconic. With such a companion, she stood apart from the other two by a mile. "They say it is a grand thing when a manticore chooses a dragon companion." He told the young wildclaw, forgetting again to switch from his native language. There was a flash of jealously from the other two, and Quartz suddenly remembered what he had called them in for. "I may not know much about what it took you to get to this spot, but the fact you are here says a lot about you all. You all show great potential, and I need strong, brave dragons on my team. Even if you don't end up as my apprentice, you may still earn yourself another position in my service, each with its own challenges and awards." Quartz explained. he loved giving these speeches, and to see the eager light flare up in the eyes of those desperate to prove themselves. "It is you choice if you wish to work together or compete against each other, but I will not tolerate sabotage against one another. Loyalty is of the utmost importance. Now, I wish to get to know each of you. Querida, may I speak to you first? Kulshan and Thorburn, you two may go. I will speak with you tomorrow." [center][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/e0bf/f/2018/247/7/5/divider_by_cas_a_fras-dcm237t.png[/img][/center] "Sit down." Quartz gestured to a seat in his sitting room. The room was adorned with less artifacts than his last mansion but his collection would only grow. With a tentative excitement, Querida took her seat, and Tess curled up beside her, eyeing Quartz with an even, unblinking stare. "Why me?" Querida couldn't help but blurt out. The question had been stewing in her since Tess had chosen her, and now this? He was looking at her in the strangest way, like he was... impressed? But it was she who should be impressed with him, surely? What did she possess that he liked so much. "There is something very special about you. A gleam in your eye, a spirit that cannot be broken. You have known challenge coming here, yes?" Quartz asked, pouring Querida a drink. She took it, but was too entranced by all that was going on to take a sip. "I got separated from my family. My parents were taken hostage by some of your guardians in your light mansion. They thought it was abandoned. They didn't know it was still being guarded." Querida explained. "I've never been much of a thief myself, though my dad taught me a few of his tricks. Since then, I've been traveling alone, until Thorburn found me. He brought me here to Windkeep Tower, and well, you probably can fill in the rest." "And how did you come by this lovely creature?" Quartz asked, eyeing the manticore, who eyed him back. "A great testament to your potential, is it not?" "So I've heard." Querida said, shifting awkwardly. "Would you be able to release my parents?" "I have since fallen out of touch with my partners at my light mansion, but I will do what I can to arrange that, provided they stay away from my mansions in the future. I do not take well to light fingers. Though, with the right direction, yours can come in great handy." For a moment, his eyes gleamed with a hunger, but it faded before Querida could be sure. "What do you want with me? What can I do for you? To prove myself?" Querida asked, wondering how she fit into all this. Surely she didn't belong in this world, but she wanted to, desperately. There was a cool charm around Quartz, like he could give you everything in the world if he wanted to. Like he could help your dreams come true. Querida didn't know what her dreams were, but she was sure Quartz could help her discover them. "Well, that just remains to be seen doesn't it?" Quartz asked with a smile. "But in the meantime, I have a preposition for you." "What is it?" "I am in need of an apprentice, an heir, that much is true, but there is something I have been seeking far longer. A partner." Quartz explained. "A romantic partner?" Querida asked, startled. "But we barely know each other! I can't agree to that!" "No no no, you misunderstand." Quartz flicked his tongue. "I need a partner, but the connection does not necessarily have to be romantic. There is no need for marriage vows. if you fall in love with someone else, you are free to pursue a relationship with them. All I need is your support, your wisdom. You are still young, just reaching your peak years, but you already have a strength about you, and a heart. I tend to get... misguided at times... and I need someone to balance me out, to see where I've left weakness in my plans. Now, nothing is set in stone. You still need to prove yourself, and you do not have to decide now, it is simply an offer for you. A way for you to achieve the greatness your spirit demands." "What about Thorburn and that ridgeback?" Querida asked. "Why me?" "Because they are too easily distracted. They both see this as a means to their end. You, however, are seeking nothing else but to better yourself. I like your spirit, and your heart." "But you barely know me!" "I know all I need to." Quartz pointed out. "Think about it. You don't need to give your answer right away, but the position is open should you want it." Querida shakily got to her feet, Tess following her and rubbing against her to support her. The manticore sent Quartz an untrusting look, but said nothing. "Thank you, Quartz." Querida said quietly. "I shall be sure to think over your offer." ----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/16#post_33465580]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @Alwaid @zzzhorses @Skyeset @ScrivenerRook @Kizzan @clarax @lilastar @tigressRising @Disillusionist @Aetherstorm[/center] ----- This update has gotten a lot longer than I was expecting. I hope you enjoy it! We finally have everyone all together! This isn't the end of the arc, there is still more to come, but this is where things really start to get interesting. it's time to start revealing what Quartz [i]really[/i] wants. Hope you all have been enjoying the Greenskeeper Gathering! I know I have!

Chapter 34: Crown Shyness

dragon?did=41349508&skin=24908&apparel=18774,23723,21853&xt=dressing.png

It was the last day of the Greenskeeper Gathering, and Querida had seen neither hide nor hair of Quartz since she and Thorburn had realized it was in they had been searching for. Come to think of it, she hadn't seen Thorburn since that evening. It appeared after his lapse of rivalry in the excitement of discovering who Quartz was, he had wanted to make it extra clear he and Querida were not working together.

Querida had decided to go with her initial plan to not try to connect with Quartz until after the festival. She was spending the day enjoying the last day of the enchanted forest. It was so peaceful, and she knew she was going to miss it when it went.

It was then that she stumbled across one of the gazebos Quartz had donated to the clan. It looked the perfect picture of serenity, with the still pool inside it and the warm brown wood and red furniture. By the door there was a plaque with loopy pink writing, commemorating the generous donation of Quartz. Querida couldn't help but open the door and sit down on the sofa, enjoying the warmth of the sunlight streaming through the glass.

Querida was almost asleep when she heard a scratching at the door. She opened her eyes to see the manticore sitting by the door, eyes wide in an obvious pleading to be let it. With a smile, Querida slid off the sofa and swung the door open. The manticore stuck its head it, sniffed the air, and then padded in and curled up on the rug next to the pool, purring contentedly.
360.png

"Do you have a name?" Querida asked it, settling back down on the couch.

"Not in your tongue." The manticore admitted. "But I wouldn't mind if you gave me one, if that is easier for you."

Querida was shocked. From what she had heard, it was a great honor to be allowed to bestow a name on a manticore, or any beastclan or familiar of similar intellect.

"How does Tess sound?" Querida asked after some thought.

"Tess..." The manticore rolled the name on her tongue with a purr. "I can tell that name has great meaning for you. I appreciate the gift."

"It was what we would have called my brother if he was a girl." Querida admitted. "My parents were pretty set on the name Quintessence. Quin for a boy, Tess for a girl."

"It is an honour to have such a name, thank you Querida." Tess said softly, grinning her sharp grin. it still unnerved Querida a bit. It seemed odd that such a dangerous creature had taken a shine to her.

"Will you go after the festival?" Querida asked. "You are not bound to this place, are you?"

"I am free to go where I please. I followed the forest, I did not come with the other familiars who have gathered around this tower for the celebration of life." Tess admitted. "But if you go, I will go, and if you stay, I will stay by my side. I feel a great heart in you, and a gift deep within. I wish to see how this plays out, and to offer you a certain level of protection."

"I would be honoured, Tess." Querida said, humbled. "I would be glad of your friendship."

"Then it is settled." Tess grinned again. "Our pact has been made. Now, may I ask, what is your quest? I have seen you wandering these woods often, you seem to be searching for something."

"Well, you see-" Querida pulled out the book and her words caught in her breath. The rose quartz on it was glowing, and the book was warm. Tess looked at the book with an intense curiosity, the pink light reflecting in her eyes. Slowly, Querida opened to book to see a new entry, the ink still wet and gleaming pink.

Dear Apprentices Three,

I am ready for you to find me.
You have all gathered by the Tower celebrating life,
Enjoying freedom from your strife,
But now your rest is done
And the real work has begun.

Today your destiny begins.

Find any Gazebo and jump into the pool. They have been enchanted to look much more shallow than they actually are, but any piece of rose quartz from my journals acts as a key to open the portal. You will find yourself in my lair. Remember to keep this location top secret. I have many enemies and I don't want my secrets to fall into the wrong hands. Come quickly, this message will not stay long before fading.

So come to me,
The Merchant,
The Lover,
and The Seeker.
I look forward to meeting you.
-Quartz

"So this is your quest. You have not chosen a simple one." Tess purred thoughtfully. "This will be a lot more interesting than I thought. Let's go, and see what awaits us."

divider_by_cas_a_fras-dcm237t.png

Quartz stood in the round reception room, looking at the round marble portals that lined the perimeter, awaiting the arrival of his potential apprentices. He did love a good competition. Not only did it help enforce loyalty to him, it really brought out the best in his potential apprentices. However, each time he had attempted this, they had all failed him. Many had died trying, and he had been unable to save them. Hopefully, this time would go differently. If he wanted to best his own rival, he needed to build up a strong resistance.

Suddenly, there was a flash of blue light, and a wet ridgeback appeared on one of the marble platforms. He looked confused, and he was dressed in rags, but there was a deep determination in his eyes, and a glint of the naive idealization of youth.

"Kulshan, welcome." Quartz said with a smile, ten switched to a coatl hum, indistinct to the young dragon before him. "A lover, seeking to impress the dragon his heart desires, willing to do anything to win over his one true love."

Before the ridgeback had a chance to respond, there was another flash of light. This time a bogsneak appeared, looking at first triumphant, but his grin faded to a scowl at the sight of Kulshan. He was clearly sizing up his competition.

"Thorburn, greetings." Quartz grinned, switching once again to his coatl tongue. "A merchant, desperate to rise above his station and achieve the success he hungers for more than life itself."

Thorburn dipped his head in respect, but there was a blaze in his eye, like such an act of submission went against his very nature. Just as he lifted his head, there was another flash of blue light, and Querida stepped off the portal, followed by a manticore almost as big as she was.

"Querida, heart of a lion." Quartz didn't even bother greeting her in draconic. With such a companion, she stood apart from the other two by a mile. "They say it is a grand thing when a manticore chooses a dragon companion." He told the young wildclaw, forgetting again to switch from his native language. There was a flash of jealously from the other two, and Quartz suddenly remembered what he had called them in for.

"I may not know much about what it took you to get to this spot, but the fact you are here says a lot about you all. You all show great potential, and I need strong, brave dragons on my team. Even if you don't end up as my apprentice, you may still earn yourself another position in my service, each with its own challenges and awards." Quartz explained. he loved giving these speeches, and to see the eager light flare up in the eyes of those desperate to prove themselves. "It is you choice if you wish to work together or compete against each other, but I will not tolerate sabotage against one another. Loyalty is of the utmost importance. Now, I wish to get to know each of you. Querida, may I speak to you first? Kulshan and Thorburn, you two may go. I will speak with you tomorrow."

"Sit down." Quartz gestured to a seat in his sitting room. The room was adorned with less artifacts than his last mansion but his collection would only grow. With a tentative excitement, Querida took her seat, and Tess curled up beside her, eyeing Quartz with an even, unblinking stare.

"Why me?" Querida couldn't help but blurt out. The question had been stewing in her since Tess had chosen her, and now this? He was looking at her in the strangest way, like he was... impressed? But it was she who should be impressed with him, surely? What did she possess that he liked so much.

"There is something very special about you. A gleam in your eye, a spirit that cannot be broken. You have known challenge coming here, yes?" Quartz asked, pouring Querida a drink. She took it, but was too entranced by all that was going on to take a sip.

"I got separated from my family. My parents were taken hostage by some of your guardians in your light mansion. They thought it was abandoned. They didn't know it was still being guarded." Querida explained. "I've never been much of a thief myself, though my dad taught me a few of his tricks. Since then, I've been traveling alone, until Thorburn found me. He brought me here to Windkeep Tower, and well, you probably can fill in the rest."

"And how did you come by this lovely creature?" Quartz asked, eyeing the manticore, who eyed him back. "A great testament to your potential, is it not?"

"So I've heard." Querida said, shifting awkwardly. "Would you be able to release my parents?"

"I have since fallen out of touch with my partners at my light mansion, but I will do what I can to arrange that, provided they stay away from my mansions in the future. I do not take well to light fingers. Though, with the right direction, yours can come in great handy." For a moment, his eyes gleamed with a hunger, but it faded before Querida could be sure.

"What do you want with me? What can I do for you? To prove myself?" Querida asked, wondering how she fit into all this. Surely she didn't belong in this world, but she wanted to, desperately. There was a cool charm around Quartz, like he could give you everything in the world if he wanted to. Like he could help your dreams come true. Querida didn't know what her dreams were, but she was sure Quartz could help her discover them.

"Well, that just remains to be seen doesn't it?" Quartz asked with a smile. "But in the meantime, I have a preposition for you."

"What is it?"

"I am in need of an apprentice, an heir, that much is true, but there is something I have been seeking far longer. A partner." Quartz explained.

"A romantic partner?" Querida asked, startled. "But we barely know each other! I can't agree to that!"

"No no no, you misunderstand." Quartz flicked his tongue. "I need a partner, but the connection does not necessarily have to be romantic. There is no need for marriage vows. if you fall in love with someone else, you are free to pursue a relationship with them. All I need is your support, your wisdom. You are still young, just reaching your peak years, but you already have a strength about you, and a heart. I tend to get... misguided at times... and I need someone to balance me out, to see where I've left weakness in my plans. Now, nothing is set in stone. You still need to prove yourself, and you do not have to decide now, it is simply an offer for you. A way for you to achieve the greatness your spirit demands."

"What about Thorburn and that ridgeback?" Querida asked. "Why me?"

"Because they are too easily distracted. They both see this as a means to their end. You, however, are seeking nothing else but to better yourself. I like your spirit, and your heart."

"But you barely know me!"

"I know all I need to." Quartz pointed out. "Think about it. You don't need to give your answer right away, but the position is open should you want it."

Querida shakily got to her feet, Tess following her and rubbing against her to support her. The manticore sent Quartz an untrusting look, but said nothing. "Thank you, Quartz." Querida said quietly. "I shall be sure to think over your offer."

This update has gotten a lot longer than I was expecting. I hope you enjoy it! We finally have everyone all together! This isn't the end of the arc, there is still more to come, but this is where things really start to get interesting. it's time to start revealing what Quartz really wants.

Hope you all have been enjoying the Greenskeeper Gathering! I know I have!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall It was nice to get to know Tess with this update! I really liked the description of the gazebo -- and those pools. Incredible. Kulshan's reappearance made my jaw drop, though. Last time I saw him, he was only a hatchling.

Now it feels kinda like a reality show. I have no idea whom I should root for! xDD
@Petall It was nice to get to know Tess with this update! I really liked the description of the gazebo -- and those pools. Incredible. Kulshan's reappearance made my jaw drop, though. Last time I saw him, he was only a hatchling.

Now it feels kinda like a reality show. I have no idea whom I should root for! xDD
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Disillusionist I love Tess. I lot of her inspiration comes from the tooltip for Manticore! [item=Manticore] The Gazebos were inspired by a series of pictures I saw on tumblr and I just fell in love with the idea and knew I needed them to be Quartz secret entrance! Just you wait until you see Kyra... I suppose it is like a reality show! Filled with drama and competition and everything! Perhaps once this gets full swing, I'll have to do another poll to see who everyone is most rooting for...
@Disillusionist

I love Tess. I lot of her inspiration comes from the tooltip for Manticore!
Manticore

The Gazebos were inspired by a series of pictures I saw on tumblr and I just fell in love with the idea and knew I needed them to be Quartz secret entrance!

Just you wait until you see Kyra...

I suppose it is like a reality show! Filled with drama and competition and everything! Perhaps once this gets full swing, I'll have to do another poll to see who everyone is most rooting for...
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/16#post_33449662]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Chapter 35: The Lover and The Merchant[/u][/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41890810] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/418909/41890810_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] It was Kulshan's turn to meet with Quartz and he was more nervous than he could say. This opportunity could make or break all of his chances with Kyra. She was his world, yet what she had was so much compared to what he had to offer. He did not want to take her from her life of luxury and status to one of a pauper. He wanted to give her the world she so deserved, and this was his chance. Checking again to be sure he had the right time, he knocked on the door to Quartz's study. The coatl opened the door and smiled at Kulshan, flicking his tongue. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40974719] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=40974719&skin=0&apparel=750,10380,26359,25793,25797,15736,3630,27765&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/url][/center] "Good, right on time. Come in, Kulshan." Quartz hummed, shutting the door behind him. Kulshan took a tentative seat on the sofa, and Quartz sat across from him in an ornate pink chair. "I'm going to be honest, Kulshan, you stand less of a chance of succeeding than the other two." Quartz said. "What do you mean?" Kulshan asked, shocked. "Well, the thing is, you don't have the same fire they have. Why are you even here, what makes you want this so badly?" Quartz met Kulshan's gaze in a slightly condescending way, setting his bones on fire with fury. "Love." Kulshan said. "Is love not the strongest force on Sornieth? I vowed I would give my love the world, so I set off to earn my fortune." As Kulshan spoke, he had the strangest feeling Quartz knew all this already. "I will do anything for her, cross any distance, climb any mountain, to be worthy of her." "Quite the Romeo, aren't you?" Quartz said, half-taunting. "But feelings fade. Love is a fickle, fickle thing. Your loyalty needs to be absolute. how do I know you won't run off when you get the girl? How do you know that while you're off earning her hand, she won't fall in love with someone else and leave you without a purpose, without a drive to succeed? I need something more than the fairy tale romance of a young, idealistic boy." "One would argue the idealistic make the hardest workers." Kulshan argued. "We won't give up on our dreams, no matter the obstacles, no matter the hardship, we always see the light. And if that isn't enough for you, let me prove this to you. I will do anything you ask, I will be bound to you by any charm, as long as you allow me to visit my love and give her my rewards." Quartz smiled, he had found what he had been looking for. Kulshan did have spirit. He would not stray from his course. The fool. Give a romeo a mountain to climb and they will do it to prove themselves, even if there is an easier path. "Well, then perhaps your heart is true. I will think about what you have said. You will hear from me about your next course of action in due time." And with a wave of his hand, he dismissed him. About half an hour later, there was another knock at the door. Quartz opened it and led Thorburn into his study. He was no skydancer, but he could still sense the bogsneak's determination and anger as if he possessed the same gift. With the right training, that volatile emotion could be honed into something wonderful. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41058623] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/410587/41058623_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "So?" Thorburn asked impatiently. "Patience, my boy." Quartz could see anger flare up in the bogsneak's brown eyes at being called 'boy' and he knew he had touched a nerve. "Why did you call me here?" Thorburn asked, fidgeting impatiently. "I just simply want to get to know my potential apprentices." Quartz explained with a flick of his tail. "Tell me, what have you overcome to find me?" And just like that, it was like he had opened a dam in a river. Thorburn let the words gush out, explaining his desire to reach his full potential, and the time he had spent slaving for the local merchant. Quartz, of course, knew all this. He had his resources, and he had done his homework on all of his potential apprentices. He couldn't let just anyone get close to him, not after the betrayal at the water mansion. But it did the apprentices some good to feel like they were bonding with him. "So, you think you deserve more than what you've been given? More than what everyone else has?" Quartz asked, stoking the fire inside. "I'm clever." Thorburn bragged. "I'm strong. I was made to be great. I thought working with Maggie would give me an opening or kickstart my fortune, and I was right. it led me here and I can drop my stupid apprenticeship." "I don't want you to drop it." Quartz said quietly. "What?!" Thorburn exploded with rage. "Don't you understand how boring it is? Maggie drones on forever about this and that and all the places we visit and the importance of this artifact and that artifact... She's so stuck in the past, and does pay enough attention to the now! The world is moving, and I want to move with it, not stay in the same place, following the same paths for my entire life! She's far too generous too, we could be making far more money but she reduces the prices on everything and gives things away to anyone who looks at her sadly!" "Discipline is a good thing, Thorburn." Quartz explained calmly. "You have the spirit I need, but you are far too easily provoked. I may ask you to do things you don't want to do, and I will need to know you will follow through on them. Anger can be a good motivation, but only if it's honed." "I can beat out Querida and Kulshan in an contest. Let me prove it to you and we can stop wasting time. When I'm all yours, you can train me in any way you like. Make me who you want, just make me the best version of myself." Thorburn begged. "I'm going to be honest, Thorburn. I have already offered Querida a partnership." Quartz explained. "But there is still time for you to prove to me you're more deserving. She hasn't accepted yet, that gives you time. Prove to me you're worth it." "I'll make you proud, I promise." Thorburn hissed. "Don't make promises you may not be able to keep." Quartz hummed to himself as he watched the bogsneak go. This group of apprentices would prove to be an interesting one, perhaps his most interesting yet. ----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/16#post_33483757]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @Alwaid @zzzhorses @Skyeset @ScrivenerRook @Kizzan @clarax @lilastar @tigressRising @Disillusionist @Aetherstorm[/center] ----- Yesterday's update got so long I didn't properly have time to do an 'interview' with Thorburn and Kulshan, so I moved them to this update! Now we get to see more of what Quartz is up to, to spur on his apprentices. I hope you enjoyed it!

Chapter 35: The Lover and The Merchant

41890810_350.png

It was Kulshan's turn to meet with Quartz and he was more nervous than he could say. This opportunity could make or break all of his chances with Kyra. She was his world, yet what she had was so much compared to what he had to offer. He did not want to take her from her life of luxury and status to one of a pauper. He wanted to give her the world she so deserved, and this was his chance.

Checking again to be sure he had the right time, he knocked on the door to Quartz's study. The coatl opened the door and smiled at Kulshan, flicking his tongue.

"Good, right on time. Come in, Kulshan." Quartz hummed, shutting the door behind him. Kulshan took a tentative seat on the sofa, and Quartz sat across from him in an ornate pink chair.

"I'm going to be honest, Kulshan, you stand less of a chance of succeeding than the other two." Quartz said.

"What do you mean?" Kulshan asked, shocked.

"Well, the thing is, you don't have the same fire they have. Why are you even here, what makes you want this so badly?" Quartz met Kulshan's gaze in a slightly condescending way, setting his bones on fire with fury.

"Love." Kulshan said. "Is love not the strongest force on Sornieth? I vowed I would give my love the world, so I set off to earn my fortune." As Kulshan spoke, he had the strangest feeling Quartz knew all this already. "I will do anything for her, cross any distance, climb any mountain, to be worthy of her."

"Quite the Romeo, aren't you?" Quartz said, half-taunting. "But feelings fade. Love is a fickle, fickle thing. Your loyalty needs to be absolute. how do I know you won't run off when you get the girl? How do you know that while you're off earning her hand, she won't fall in love with someone else and leave you without a purpose, without a drive to succeed? I need something more than the fairy tale romance of a young, idealistic boy."

"One would argue the idealistic make the hardest workers." Kulshan argued. "We won't give up on our dreams, no matter the obstacles, no matter the hardship, we always see the light. And if that isn't enough for you, let me prove this to you. I will do anything you ask, I will be bound to you by any charm, as long as you allow me to visit my love and give her my rewards."

Quartz smiled, he had found what he had been looking for. Kulshan did have spirit. He would not stray from his course. The fool. Give a romeo a mountain to climb and they will do it to prove themselves, even if there is an easier path. "Well, then perhaps your heart is true. I will think about what you have said. You will hear from me about your next course of action in due time." And with a wave of his hand, he dismissed him.

About half an hour later, there was another knock at the door. Quartz opened it and led Thorburn into his study. He was no skydancer, but he could still sense the bogsneak's determination and anger as if he possessed the same gift. With the right training, that volatile emotion could be honed into something wonderful.

"So?" Thorburn asked impatiently.

"Patience, my boy." Quartz could see anger flare up in the bogsneak's brown eyes at being called 'boy' and he knew he had touched a nerve.

"Why did you call me here?" Thorburn asked, fidgeting impatiently.

"I just simply want to get to know my potential apprentices." Quartz explained with a flick of his tail. "Tell me, what have you overcome to find me?"

And just like that, it was like he had opened a dam in a river. Thorburn let the words gush out, explaining his desire to reach his full potential, and the time he had spent slaving for the local merchant. Quartz, of course, knew all this. He had his resources, and he had done his homework on all of his potential apprentices. He couldn't let just anyone get close to him, not after the betrayal at the water mansion. But it did the apprentices some good to feel like they were bonding with him.

"So, you think you deserve more than what you've been given? More than what everyone else has?" Quartz asked, stoking the fire inside.

"I'm clever." Thorburn bragged. "I'm strong. I was made to be great. I thought working with Maggie would give me an opening or kickstart my fortune, and I was right. it led me here and I can drop my stupid apprenticeship."

"I don't want you to drop it." Quartz said quietly.

"What?!" Thorburn exploded with rage. "Don't you understand how boring it is? Maggie drones on forever about this and that and all the places we visit and the importance of this artifact and that artifact... She's so stuck in the past, and does pay enough attention to the now! The world is moving, and I want to move with it, not stay in the same place, following the same paths for my entire life! She's far too generous too, we could be making far more money but she reduces the prices on everything and gives things away to anyone who looks at her sadly!"

"Discipline is a good thing, Thorburn." Quartz explained calmly. "You have the spirit I need, but you are far too easily provoked. I may ask you to do things you don't want to do, and I will need to know you will follow through on them. Anger can be a good motivation, but only if it's honed."

"I can beat out Querida and Kulshan in an contest. Let me prove it to you and we can stop wasting time. When I'm all yours, you can train me in any way you like. Make me who you want, just make me the best version of myself." Thorburn begged.

"I'm going to be honest, Thorburn. I have already offered Querida a partnership." Quartz explained. "But there is still time for you to prove to me you're more deserving. She hasn't accepted yet, that gives you time. Prove to me you're worth it."

"I'll make you proud, I promise." Thorburn hissed.

"Don't make promises you may not be able to keep." Quartz hummed to himself as he watched the bogsneak go. This group of apprentices would prove to be an interesting one, perhaps his most interesting yet.

Yesterday's update got so long I didn't properly have time to do an 'interview' with Thorburn and Kulshan, so I moved them to this update! Now we get to see more of what Quartz is up to, to spur on his apprentices. I hope you enjoyed it!
@Petall Daaaang. I think I've mentioned before that I don't like Quartz much, but I have to respect the way the guy handles his transactions. Smooth, steady, and logical. His analyses of Kulshan and Thorburn are really, really sharp. [quote]This group of apprentices would prove to be an interesting one, perhaps his most interesting yet.[/quote] Wait, so he's had other apprentices before? ...I'm now getting an urge to yell "Let the Hunger Games BEGIN!" XDD
@Petall Daaaang. I think I've mentioned before that I don't like Quartz much, but I have to respect the way the guy handles his transactions. Smooth, steady, and logical. His analyses of Kulshan and Thorburn are really, really sharp.

Quote:
This group of apprentices would prove to be an interesting one, perhaps his most interesting yet.
Wait, so he's had other apprentices before?

...I'm now getting an urge to yell "Let the Hunger Games BEGIN!" XDD
@Disillusionist Quartz certainly knows how to drive dragons towards his purpose... I did mention his having previous apprentices in my last update, but there was so much going on in yesterday's chapter that it was probably easy to miss. But yes, he's done this before... [quote]Quartz stood in the round reception room, looking at the round marble portals that lined the perimeter, awaiting the arrival of his potential apprentices. He did love a good competition. Not only did it help enforce loyalty to him, it really brought out the best in his potential apprentices. However, each time he had attempted this, they had all failed him. Many had died trying, and he had been unable to save them. Hopefully, this time would go differently. If he wanted to best his own rival, he needed to build up a strong resistance.[/quote] May the odds be ever in their favour!
@Disillusionist

Quartz certainly knows how to drive dragons towards his purpose...

I did mention his having previous apprentices in my last update, but there was so much going on in yesterday's chapter that it was probably easy to miss. But yes, he's done this before...
Quote:
Quartz stood in the round reception room, looking at the round marble portals that lined the perimeter, awaiting the arrival of his potential apprentices. He did love a good competition. Not only did it help enforce loyalty to him, it really brought out the best in his potential apprentices. However, each time he had attempted this, they had all failed him. Many had died trying, and he had been unable to save them. Hopefully, this time would go differently. If he wanted to best his own rival, he needed to build up a strong resistance.

May the odds be ever in their favour!
@Petall Oh yeah, you're right, I missed that one! I saw the dialogue parts and mostly focused on those; I really enjoy reading how various characters interact. Thanks for pointing that out to me. May the odds ever be in, umm...Kulshan's and Querida's favor, I guess? (Sorry, Thorburn, the tribe has spoken. xDD)
@Petall Oh yeah, you're right, I missed that one! I saw the dialogue parts and mostly focused on those; I really enjoy reading how various characters interact. Thanks for pointing that out to me. May the odds ever be in, umm...Kulshan's and Querida's favor, I guess? (Sorry, Thorburn, the tribe has spoken. xDD)
----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/16#post_33465580]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Chapter 36: A Matter of Trust[/u][/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41349508] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=41349508&skin=24908&apparel=18774,23723,21853&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/url] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/360.png[/img][/center] "I don't trust him." Tess hissed, baring her teeth in distaste. "You've made that very clear." Querida sighed as she flopped once again down on the tavern bed. Her head had been spinning since Quartz's offer. Was he trustworthy? What did he want? And more importantly, what did she want? And if she had the 'heart of a lion' did it matter what she wanted if destiny had a hold on her? It was all too much, and she longed for the familiarity of her family around her. It may have not been perfect, but it was a simpler time, and everything seemed much more clear through the lens of childhood. "That coatl will bring you nothing but trouble, I can see it in his eyes. Lets go find your destiny somewhere else." Tess begged. "He has a hunger that will not be satisfied by anything and cares nothing but himself." "But is it really destiny if I choose it for myself?" Querida asked. "What if this is my destiny? He said he's looking for a partnership, someone to balance him out. What if I can change him, and stop him from hurting others!" "If you believe it will be that easy, than you are a fool." Tess reminded her friend. "I never said it would be easy, but I'm not ready to drop this yet. There must be a reason I found the book, and a reason why Quartz has taken such a shine to me." Querida let out an exasperated sigh. "I just don't know what to do!" "The choice must be yours." Tess told Querida wisely. "This is a dangerous game, but if you wish to take the risks, I will do all I can to help and protect you. I just worry that won't be enough." [center][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/e0bf/f/2018/247/7/5/divider_by_cas_a_fras-dcm237t.png[/img][/center] Querida hadn't yet made her decision, so she carried on with life as usual, waiting tables with India and Juliette and running errands for Maggie that Thorburn couldn't be bothered to do. "You can't think about it forever, eventually, you have to make your choice and act." Tess reminded her often. "I know. I'll get there eventually, there is just so much to think about." Querida kept telling her, but so far she didn't feel any closer to knowing. One evening, during a shift at The Copper Lotus, India pulled her aside, drawing her into a dusty broom cupboard. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40726683] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/407267/40726683_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "Querida, is everything alright? You don't seem to be yourself lately. Is there something on your mind?" The older wildclaw asked. Querida thought about flat out lying, but she knew that India would see straight through her. She was too good at seeing the burdens that lay on the shoulders of others. It was part of what made her a good tavernkeeper. "I can't talk about it." Querida admitted. "I just have a big decision to make, one that could change everything." "Every big decision brings change, whether we plan on it or not." India said wisely. "I won't ask for details, but I know you have the strength to overcome whatever comes of your decision." "Thank you India." Querida said, with a grin. "Of course." India said, pulling the younger wildclaw into a hug, then opening up the cupboard. "Now, why don't you go see if Table 6 needs anything." With a nod, Querida made her way over to the table to see Amberlyn sitting there with a coat hatchling. She knew Amberlyn was family, and the older wildclaw had invited her to come and visit anytime she wanted, but Querida had never found the right time to visit that didn't feel awkward. There seemed to be something unspoken about her mother that made things a little odd. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=17420518] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/174206/17420518_350.png[/img] [/url] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=83&bodygene=2&breed=12&element=4&gender=1&tert=116&tertgene=5&winggene=11&wings=88&auth=959fc2a7cc7a597148edeba86b4ef8e1ca8352cf&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] "Hello Amberlyn, what can I get for you?" Querida asked, plastering a slightly fake smile on her face. "Querida, it's very nice to see you again. I wasn't sure if you were still staying at the tower." Amberlyn said, a genuine smile beaming from her face, which made Querida feel a bit guilty. "I like it here." Querida shrugged. "I might be around for a while." "That's good to hear! You really do need to drop by one of these days. We would love to get to know you better!" Amberlyn offered. "Maybe I will!" Querida said with a small smile. "Who's the hatchling?" "My granddaughter, Mollie." Amberlyn said, giving the small hatchling a pat on the head. "The she hatched with an underdeveloped foot and wing, and I have experience with overcoming physical obstacles, so her mother sent her to me to raise." Amberlyn's eyes crinkled with joy as she looked at her granddaughter, and for the first time, Querida noticed the deep scars that criss-crossed the older wildclaw's body. She had thought it was just her natural striped, but there was more to it than that. "Hel-lo!" Mollie said with a smile, flapping her one functional wing happily. "Are you my big sister?" "Not exactly, but we are family." Querida said, grinning warmly at the hatchling. A warmth filled her and for the first time, she realized what a special thing this clan was. It was a place that many had come to belong, to find a new start. Querida and Mollie were related by blood to Amberlyn, but Querida had a feeling that genetics were not a requirement for Amberlyn to adopt anyone into her family. It certainly hadn't stopped India from taking Querida under her wing. The whole clan was family to one another, and that was something special, something to be protected. Querida took Amberlyn and Mollie's order and returned to work. There was something in her resolve that had stiffened. When she got off duty and returned to her room, she nudged Tess awake. "I've decided, I'm doing it." Querida said. "Quartz had no right to come to this clan, and I will do everything I can to keep it safe from him. He would reign down disaster and ruin upon this tower just by luring his battles over here, and that's only assuming he doesn't have a plan to suck this clan dry and use all of us as pawn in his big game. He needs someone to hold him accountable, someone to think of the people." "So you're what you're saying is?" Tess asked, eyes gleaming with excitement, as if she was seeing something great grow into fruition inside Querida. "I'm not going to be his pawn. I'm promoting myself to queen, whatever that brings." Querida vowed. She may not have the family she once had around her, but she wouldn't let anyone else to have their family torn apart if she could help it. She just had to make sure Quartz trusted her. ----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/17#post_33501928]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @Alwaid @zzzhorses @Skyeset @ScrivenerRook @Kizzan @clarax @lilastar @tigressRising @Disillusionist @Aetherstorm[/center] ----- This update was a lot of fun to write! I feel Querida is really growing into herself now, which I suppose would make sense, as she is pretty much fully grown by this point. I'm really really excited for tomorrow's update!

Chapter 36: A Matter of Trust

dragon?did=41349508&skin=24908&apparel=18774,23723,21853&xt=dressing.png

360.png

"I don't trust him." Tess hissed, baring her teeth in distaste.

"You've made that very clear." Querida sighed as she flopped once again down on the tavern bed. Her head had been spinning since Quartz's offer. Was he trustworthy? What did he want? And more importantly, what did she want? And if she had the 'heart of a lion' did it matter what she wanted if destiny had a hold on her? It was all too much, and she longed for the familiarity of her family around her. It may have not been perfect, but it was a simpler time, and everything seemed much more clear through the lens of childhood.

"That coatl will bring you nothing but trouble, I can see it in his eyes. Lets go find your destiny somewhere else." Tess begged. "He has a hunger that will not be satisfied by anything and cares nothing but himself."

"But is it really destiny if I choose it for myself?" Querida asked. "What if this is my destiny? He said he's looking for a partnership, someone to balance him out. What if I can change him, and stop him from hurting others!"

"If you believe it will be that easy, than you are a fool." Tess reminded her friend.

"I never said it would be easy, but I'm not ready to drop this yet. There must be a reason I found the book, and a reason why Quartz has taken such a shine to me." Querida let out an exasperated sigh. "I just don't know what to do!"

"The choice must be yours." Tess told Querida wisely. "This is a dangerous game, but if you wish to take the risks, I will do all I can to help and protect you. I just worry that won't be enough."

Querida hadn't yet made her decision, so she carried on with life as usual, waiting tables with India and Juliette and running errands for Maggie that Thorburn couldn't be bothered to do.

"You can't think about it forever, eventually, you have to make your choice and act." Tess reminded her often.

"I know. I'll get there eventually, there is just so much to think about." Querida kept telling her, but so far she didn't feel any closer to knowing.

One evening, during a shift at The Copper Lotus, India pulled her aside, drawing her into a dusty broom cupboard.

"Querida, is everything alright? You don't seem to be yourself lately. Is there something on your mind?" The older wildclaw asked.

Querida thought about flat out lying, but she knew that India would see straight through her. She was too good at seeing the burdens that lay on the shoulders of others. It was part of what made her a good tavernkeeper.

"I can't talk about it." Querida admitted. "I just have a big decision to make, one that could change everything."

"Every big decision brings change, whether we plan on it or not." India said wisely. "I won't ask for details, but I know you have the strength to overcome whatever comes of your decision."

"Thank you India." Querida said, with a grin.

"Of course." India said, pulling the younger wildclaw into a hug, then opening up the cupboard. "Now, why don't you go see if Table 6 needs anything."

With a nod, Querida made her way over to the table to see Amberlyn sitting there with a coat hatchling. She knew Amberlyn was family, and the older wildclaw had invited her to come and visit anytime she wanted, but Querida had never found the right time to visit that didn't feel awkward. There seemed to be something unspoken about her mother that made things a little odd.

"Hello Amberlyn, what can I get for you?" Querida asked, plastering a slightly fake smile on her face.

"Querida, it's very nice to see you again. I wasn't sure if you were still staying at the tower." Amberlyn said, a genuine smile beaming from her face, which made Querida feel a bit guilty.

"I like it here." Querida shrugged. "I might be around for a while."

"That's good to hear! You really do need to drop by one of these days. We would love to get to know you better!" Amberlyn offered.

"Maybe I will!" Querida said with a small smile. "Who's the hatchling?"

"My granddaughter, Mollie." Amberlyn said, giving the small hatchling a pat on the head. "The she hatched with an underdeveloped foot and wing, and I have experience with overcoming physical obstacles, so her mother sent her to me to raise." Amberlyn's eyes crinkled with joy as she looked at her granddaughter, and for the first time, Querida noticed the deep scars that criss-crossed the older wildclaw's body. She had thought it was just her natural striped, but there was more to it than that.

"Hel-lo!" Mollie said with a smile, flapping her one functional wing happily. "Are you my big sister?"

"Not exactly, but we are family." Querida said, grinning warmly at the hatchling. A warmth filled her and for the first time, she realized what a special thing this clan was. It was a place that many had come to belong, to find a new start. Querida and Mollie were related by blood to Amberlyn, but Querida had a feeling that genetics were not a requirement for Amberlyn to adopt anyone into her family. It certainly hadn't stopped India from taking Querida under her wing. The whole clan was family to one another, and that was something special, something to be protected.

Querida took Amberlyn and Mollie's order and returned to work. There was something in her resolve that had stiffened. When she got off duty and returned to her room, she nudged Tess awake.

"I've decided, I'm doing it." Querida said. "Quartz had no right to come to this clan, and I will do everything I can to keep it safe from him. He would reign down disaster and ruin upon this tower just by luring his battles over here, and that's only assuming he doesn't have a plan to suck this clan dry and use all of us as pawn in his big game. He needs someone to hold him accountable, someone to think of the people."

"So you're what you're saying is?" Tess asked, eyes gleaming with excitement, as if she was seeing something great grow into fruition inside Querida.

"I'm not going to be his pawn. I'm promoting myself to queen, whatever that brings." Querida vowed. She may not have the family she once had around her, but she wouldn't let anyone else to have their family torn apart if she could help it. She just had to make sure Quartz trusted her.

This update was a lot of fun to write! I feel Querida is really growing into herself now, which I suppose would make sense, as she is pretty much fully grown by this point.

I'm really really excited for tomorrow's update!
@Petall *whistles* I really like Tess' and Querida's discussion about what constitutes destiny. You raised some very interesting points there: Is it still destiny if someone commands you, or is it your destiny to be commanded? Heady stuff.

So AAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIEEEEE, Mollie is so cute! I LOVE HEEERRRR <3 <3 <3 And I really like how Querida decided to approach the decision: Deign to be commanded, for a chance to become the commander. Very cutthroat. I like it. XD
@Petall *whistles* I really like Tess' and Querida's discussion about what constitutes destiny. You raised some very interesting points there: Is it still destiny if someone commands you, or is it your destiny to be commanded? Heady stuff.

So AAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIEEEEE, Mollie is so cute! I LOVE HEEERRRR <3 <3 <3 And I really like how Querida decided to approach the decision: Deign to be commanded, for a chance to become the commander. Very cutthroat. I like it. XD
@Disillusionist

Thank you!!! I'm glad I was able to raise such an interesting question in a story about dragons I write as a hobby. I hope to add more moments like that in the future!

Mollie is very precious!!! I'm glad you love her!

I realized a few updates ago that if Querida were at Hogwarts, she would definitely be put in Slytherin. She has all of their best qualities.
@Disillusionist

Thank you!!! I'm glad I was able to raise such an interesting question in a story about dragons I write as a hobby. I hope to add more moments like that in the future!

Mollie is very precious!!! I'm glad you love her!

I realized a few updates ago that if Querida were at Hogwarts, she would definitely be put in Slytherin. She has all of their best qualities.
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 78 79