Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Secondary Gene Suggestions
1 2 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64
[quote name="Xaotician" date="2024-02-24 08:41:28" ] Existing genes I would like to see ported (along with their primary equivalent since they only get ported in pairs, of course): Modern: Riopa (with Mochlus) Marlin (with Sailfish) Hawkmoth (with Sphinxmoth) Web (with Shell) Flicker (with Twinkle) Diamondback (with Rattlesnake) Lacquer (with Varnish) Mottle (with... Marble, I think??) Spirit (with Phantom) Rings (with Octopus) Pack (with Wolf) Auraboa: Web (with Shell) Blaze (with Cinder) Spinner (with Skink) Gaoler: Pack (with Wolf) Flicker (with Twinkle) Aether: Spirit (with Phantom) Toxin (with Poison) Freckle (with Speckle) Jester (with Harlequin) Sandsurge: Spinner (with Skink) - should be a universal gene imo Sarcophagus (with Pharaoh) Web (with Shell) Freckle (with Speckle) Veilspun: Sarcophagus (with Pharaoh) Paint (with Piebald) Marlin (with Sailfish) Lacquer (with Varnish) Flicker (with Twinkle) Icing (with Candy) Rosette (with Jaguar) Jester (with Harlequin) ^The pie/paint and phar/sarc genes are a huge missing spot in the veilspun gene options--these genes make dealing with difficult colours much more viable and veilspun do not have access to EITHER of them. For future genes - more low-key, soft patterning on veilspun, especially for primaries. Few of their genes feel viable because the big bold patterns stomp all over the delicate shapes they're built from. Genes that let the lineart shine. [/quote] support this :D
Xaotician wrote on 2024-02-24 08:41:28:
Existing genes I would like to see ported (along with their primary equivalent since they only get ported in pairs, of course):

Modern:

Riopa (with Mochlus)
Marlin (with Sailfish)
Hawkmoth (with Sphinxmoth)
Web (with Shell)
Flicker (with Twinkle)
Diamondback (with Rattlesnake)
Lacquer (with Varnish)
Mottle (with... Marble, I think??)
Spirit (with Phantom)
Rings (with Octopus)
Pack (with Wolf)

Auraboa:

Web (with Shell)
Blaze (with Cinder)
Spinner (with Skink)

Gaoler:

Pack (with Wolf)
Flicker (with Twinkle)

Aether:

Spirit (with Phantom)
Toxin (with Poison)
Freckle (with Speckle)
Jester (with Harlequin)

Sandsurge:

Spinner (with Skink) - should be a universal gene imo
Sarcophagus (with Pharaoh)
Web (with Shell)
Freckle (with Speckle)

Veilspun:

Sarcophagus (with Pharaoh)
Paint (with Piebald)
Marlin (with Sailfish)
Lacquer (with Varnish)
Flicker (with Twinkle)
Icing (with Candy)
Rosette (with Jaguar)
Jester (with Harlequin)

^The pie/paint and phar/sarc genes are a huge missing spot in the veilspun gene options--these genes make dealing with difficult colours much more viable and veilspun do not have access to EITHER of them.

For future genes - more low-key, soft patterning on veilspun, especially for primaries. Few of their genes feel viable because the big bold patterns stomp all over the delicate shapes they're built from. Genes that let the lineart shine.
support this :D
ySNe18a.png
4MbPoqE.pngmlHpBMC.png
7nrEOpT.pngypcKWM0.png
ll0CfnD.pngYw8EvNQ.png
FObX7rS.pngtNdq8a4.png
5hF3FGk.pngS3J5uo7.png
k8LYvAw.png
[quote name="EPICdragon99" date="2020-11-24 19:45:52" ] [quote name="HeroSmitten" date="2020-06-23 09:33:25" ] Branching, dendrite-like fractal pattern genes, please! This would be awesome for tree/leafy/plant dragons, lightning dragons, plague dragons with a veiny theme, even rock dragons. Veined is a cool gene, but I want a matching primary and secondary! Something like these: [img]https://blenderartists.org/uploads/default/original/4X/f/c/5/fc5aa5fbac01624226bdf3322faa124a0dc15a94.jpg[/img][img]https://image.shutterstock.com/image-vector/leaf-vector-texture-pattern-eps10-260nw-426326314.jpg[/img][img]https://previews.123rf.com/images/a454/a4541402/a454140200148/25898095-big-tree-on-the-lawn-branching-off-within-park-areas-.jpg[/img][img]https://img.favpng.com/19/15/3/the-cardiovascular-system-circulatory-system-anatomy-of-the-heart-diagnostic-medical-sonography-the-vascular-system-human-body-png-favpng-MmnHzHDn8UVSVAsASzELwQMr3.jpg[/img][img]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/58/ae/19/58ae1963530bc4323af11593e76a5edd.jpg[/img] [/quote] Yes..... Yesssss! This would be extremely rad [/quote] also super support more dendrite-like genes!! :D
EPICdragon99 wrote on 2020-11-24 19:45:52:
HeroSmitten wrote on 2020-06-23 09:33:25:
Branching, dendrite-like fractal pattern genes, please! This would be awesome for tree/leafy/plant dragons, lightning dragons, plague dragons with a veiny theme, even rock dragons. Veined is a cool gene, but I want a matching primary and secondary! Something like these:

fc5aa5fbac01624226bdf3322faa124a0dc15a94.jpgleaf-vector-texture-pattern-eps10-260nw-426326314.jpg25898095-big-tree-on-the-lawn-branching-off-within-park-areas-.jpgthe-cardiovascular-system-circulatory-system-anatomy-of-the-heart-diagnostic-medical-sonography-the-vascular-system-human-body-png-favpng-MmnHzHDn8UVSVAsASzELwQMr3.jpg58ae1963530bc4323af11593e76a5edd.jpg

Yes..... Yesssss! This would be extremely rad

also super support more dendrite-like genes!! :D
ySNe18a.png
4MbPoqE.pngmlHpBMC.png
7nrEOpT.pngypcKWM0.png
ll0CfnD.pngYw8EvNQ.png
FObX7rS.pngtNdq8a4.png
5hF3FGk.pngS3J5uo7.png
k8LYvAw.png
Gene expansion: Jester & Trail for Aethers!
Gene expansion: Jester & Trail for Aethers!
(Note to self: get a decent forum signature)
[columns][item=Broadfin Hippocampus] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/55282.png[/img] [nextcol][color=transparent]_____________[/color] [nextcol]I thought this kiddo was new genes when I first woke up and saw the announcement icon, so that is my suggestion, because this Hippocampus rules. Posted in Primary, but copying to Secondary because I'd love the pair and I'm not sure if that is obvious just posting on one thread?[/columns]
Broadfin Hippocampus
55282.png
_____________ I thought this kiddo was new genes when I first woke up and saw the announcement icon, so that is my suggestion, because this Hippocampus rules.

Posted in Primary, but copying to Secondary because I'd love the pair and I'm not sure if that is obvious just posting on one thread?
135783.png
92556387.png

Activity | Projects | UMAs
Farming Notes
Pretty Fodder

72964495.png
86867754.png
some genes i would like for prim + secondary!! [b]aether:[/b] jester (w harlequin) [b]dusthide:[/b] malachite (w chrysocolla) myrid (w boulder) foam (w tide) striation (w tapir) sarcophogus (w pharaoh) facet (w crystal) marbled (w swirl) morph (w python) sludge (w slime) on top of that i think dusthide's (and every dragon at some point) having a gene that looks similar to a ferret or raccoon would be super cute!! a masked kind of look like these! [img]https://scottveterinaryclinic.vet/files/2018/11/shutterstock_271735247.jpg[/img] [img]https://www.thoughtco.com/thmb/okEVESfH9E_9YHfqrApcAaq4G2Q=/1500x1093/filters:fill(auto,1)/Mustela_nigripes_2-5b5ddc9946e0fb0025dd3626.jpg[/img] [img]https://www.rd.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/GettyImages-534977934.jpg[/img] i'm not sure entirely how the wings would look, whether it'd be a smokey kind of faded look or a gradient with some stripes at the bottom or what exactly, but i think it'd do very well! to have the eyes covered in a darker color like that!!
some genes i would like for prim + secondary!!

aether:
jester (w harlequin)

dusthide:
malachite (w chrysocolla)
myrid (w boulder)
foam (w tide)
striation (w tapir)
sarcophogus (w pharaoh)
facet (w crystal)
marbled (w swirl)
morph (w python)
sludge (w slime)

on top of that i think dusthide's (and every dragon at some point) having a gene that looks similar to a ferret or raccoon would be super cute!! a masked kind of look like these!

shutterstock_271735247.jpg Mustela_nigripes_2-5b5ddc9946e0fb0025dd3626.jpg GettyImages-534977934.jpg

i'm not sure entirely how the wings would look, whether it'd be a smokey kind of faded look or a gradient with some stripes at the bottom or what exactly, but i think it'd do very well! to have the eyes covered in a darker color like that!!
ySNe18a.png
4MbPoqE.pngmlHpBMC.png
7nrEOpT.pngypcKWM0.png
ll0CfnD.pngYw8EvNQ.png
FObX7rS.pngtNdq8a4.png
5hF3FGk.pngS3J5uo7.png
k8LYvAw.png
So I know this'll never get seen and I've wasted WAY too much time on it and also GAVE UP COLORING IT because i have no art skill- But here's a concept primary/secondary with the colors based on Phthalo seen in Wasp and Jaguar: [img]https://i.imgur.com/Wfk8Tgw.png[/img] You can call the primary Luna, and the secondary Cycle I didn't have a blend tool so imagine it's blended better... and imagine I didn't give up on the wings. The wings would be outlined in the darkest colors. The "sparkles" are actually just shimmer-y looking, and not spots. It's made to make the Moon looking marks look like they're glowing a little, like in runes or glowtail. I'd probably make the secondary end in more of a gradient to the other "highlights." If this were radioactive the moons would be pink. If it were Sanguine they'd be Yellow. I'd want the underbelly part to be very prominent across all colors. The horns would be a gradient, too. There's a crescent on the snout that ends by the eyes, and the eyes have an outline around them like they do in Jaguar. On the tail the "bands" would actually be crescents that covered the top of the tail, not stripes. Now to vanish and for this work to never be seen *phases through a wall like a ghost*
So I know this'll never get seen and I've wasted WAY too much time on it and also GAVE UP COLORING IT because i have no art skill-
But here's a concept primary/secondary with the colors based on Phthalo seen in Wasp and Jaguar:
Wfk8Tgw.png

You can call the primary Luna, and the secondary Cycle

I didn't have a blend tool so imagine it's blended better... and imagine I didn't give up on the wings. The wings would be outlined in the darkest colors. The "sparkles" are actually just shimmer-y looking, and not spots.

It's made to make the Moon looking marks look like they're glowing a little, like in runes or glowtail.

I'd probably make the secondary end in more of a gradient to the other "highlights." If this were radioactive the moons would be pink. If it were Sanguine they'd be Yellow. I'd want the underbelly part to be very prominent across all colors.

The horns would be a gradient, too.

There's a crescent on the snout that ends by the eyes, and the eyes have an outline around them like they do in Jaguar.

On the tail the "bands" would actually be crescents that covered the top of the tail, not stripes.

Now to vanish and for this work to never be seen *phases through a wall like a ghost*
3d8637d4e0c3a40a9104ee27b702ba84.png
1 2 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64