Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Secondary Gene Suggestions
1 2 ... 57 58 59 60 61 ... 63 64
Pigeon! I mean the wings are sorta like Peregrine but still really neat ;) [img]https://static.pigeonracingpigeon.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Mariskas-wing.jpg[/img]
Pigeon! I mean the wings are sorta like Peregrine but still really neat ;)
Mariskas-wing.jpg
veSZO59.pngWishlistoQlTGMl.png
[quote name="theRogueDragon" date="2021-11-17 05:24:24" ] Pigeon! I mean the wings are sorta like Peregrine but still really neat ;) [img]https://static.pigeonracingpigeon.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Mariskas-wing.jpg[/img] [/quote] The name for that pattern on a pigeon is "checkered", and I'd be all for that!
theRogueDragon wrote on 2021-11-17 05:24:24:
Pigeon! I mean the wings are sorta like Peregrine but still really neat ;)
Mariskas-wing.jpg
The name for that pattern on a pigeon is "checkered", and I'd be all for that!
8ab3d3b2a13c364db89e13ba399ceced86ab48ef.pngtIYcLSC.png UzGmb10.png m0kyk3D.png Ask about DnD
i would greatly appreciate flair for banescales
i would greatly appreciate flair for banescales
ctYHVNq.png

almost always looking for g1 banescales OwO

gened g1 banescale count: 96
(last updated 12/8/22 11:50pm est)
nt1bp.gif

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=drs&id=1315342
mxWs6gv.gif

3DBOIBO.gif

oie-v-C7-Pp-Yu-F6gz-H.png
I think secondary genes that make the wings "transparent" (ex: bee, sludge) are really cool and we should have more of those. In particular, something themed after fish fins, and maybe something more plain than the ones we have now so it's more universally applicable.
I think secondary genes that make the wings "transparent" (ex: bee, sludge) are really cool and we should have more of those. In particular, something themed after fish fins, and maybe something more plain than the ones we have now so it's more universally applicable.
HkhtXgT.png
uaNc4Ph.png
1DPzYFq.png
YMPbu9R.png
__ __ iuEBSJ3.png
2tEkl13.png
ZxAR91S.png
FS1a8Lg.png
[quote name="foxshapedshadows" date="2021-10-12 16:14:13" ] I see a lot of people suggesting Ancient to Modern genes, or parallel Ancient to Ancient genes, and I want to say personally, I think Ancients should look as uniquely different from Modern breeds as possible--that's half of the point of them existing, in my opinion. After all, if these breeds can't interbreed with one another and Moderns aren't descended from Ancients (and Ancients aren't related to one another), then how the heck would they end up with nearly identical marking patterns? Not to mention, Ancients were introduced to allow us to have more dragon breeds without the long wait in between releases because between re-drawing genes and apparel, it takes a long time--so why should the artists take more time to continuously redraw genes if it's not on a new breed that can actually wear clothes? TL;DR: I do not support genes that are for both Ancients and Moderns, or for multiple breeds of Ancients. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense lore-wise to me, nor does it make sense from a development standpoint. [/quote] I agree. Shared genes between different ancient breeds and moderns as a whole should be kept to a minimum.
foxshapedshadows wrote on 2021-10-12 16:14:13:
I see a lot of people suggesting Ancient to Modern genes, or parallel Ancient to Ancient genes, and I want to say personally, I think Ancients should look as uniquely different from Modern breeds as possible--that's half of the point of them existing, in my opinion. After all, if these breeds can't interbreed with one another and Moderns aren't descended from Ancients (and Ancients aren't related to one another), then how the heck would they end up with nearly identical marking patterns?

Not to mention, Ancients were introduced to allow us to have more dragon breeds without the long wait in between releases because between re-drawing genes and apparel, it takes a long time--so why should the artists take more time to continuously redraw genes if it's not on a new breed that can actually wear clothes?

TL;DR: I do not support genes that are for both Ancients and Moderns, or for multiple breeds of Ancients. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense lore-wise to me, nor does it make sense from a development standpoint.

I agree. Shared genes between different ancient breeds and moderns as a whole should be kept to a minimum.
rsz-lorwolf-banner.png
Iced' primary and 'glacial' secondary: genes that give a dragon's body, wings and mane an iridescent, frosted over quality with small iceflowers at the edges. Goes with 'Frosted' tertiary that gives a dragon a slightly iridescent, frosted over belly. Not too sparkly as we have the crystal genes, more 'mellow' looking like a shine if that makes sense.
Iced' primary and 'glacial' secondary: genes that give a dragon's body, wings and mane an iridescent, frosted over quality with small iceflowers at the edges. Goes with 'Frosted' tertiary that gives a dragon a slightly iridescent, frosted over belly. Not too sparkly as we have the crystal genes, more 'mellow' looking like a shine if that makes sense.
A small fix for skydancer noxtide would be nice! The gene looks so empty on them compared to other breeds, it barely covers the wings and sometimes it looks a bit odd when the feather part of the wings is slightly lighter and doesn't have anything going on besides like 3 noticable dots and that's talking about the wings.

The head feathers also don't have anything going on with noxtide??? idk this gene just isn't in it's full potential with skydancers as it is with other breeds which is sad because i really like noxtide.
A small fix for skydancer noxtide would be nice! The gene looks so empty on them compared to other breeds, it barely covers the wings and sometimes it looks a bit odd when the feather part of the wings is slightly lighter and doesn't have anything going on besides like 3 noticable dots and that's talking about the wings.

The head feathers also don't have anything going on with noxtide??? idk this gene just isn't in it's full potential with skydancers as it is with other breeds which is sad because i really like noxtide.
[quote name="Pesky" date="2021-12-09 12:05:41" ] I think secondary genes that make the wings "transparent" (ex: bee, sludge) are really cool and we should have more of those. In particular, something themed after fish fins, and maybe something more plain than the ones we have now so it's more universally applicable. [/quote] YES! We need fish fin genes! A primary gene that matches the secondary could be fish scales. I also think map genes would be neat. Like, a map pattern on the wings (and possibly a primary to match it) that could show Flight Rising's map areas or some real countries/continents. It could be stylized like an old map with monochromatic palette or multiple different colors. Examples: [img]https://i.pinimg.com/564x/fc/72/84/fc7284a57ad724093213196407b4c780.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.pinimg.com/564x/21/82/aa/2182aab331790ca91c25b12f83f41675.jpg[/img] I would prefer the gene(s) to be simplified like the first picture rather than have a ton of detail like the the second one. It would be a lot easier to look at.
Pesky wrote on 2021-12-09 12:05:41:
YES! We need fish fin genes! A primary gene that matches the secondary could be fish scales.

I also think map genes would be neat. Like, a map pattern on the wings (and possibly a primary to match it) that could show Flight Rising's map areas or some real countries/continents. It could be stylized like an old map with monochromatic palette or multiple different colors.
Examples:
fc7284a57ad724093213196407b4c780.jpg
2182aab331790ca91c25b12f83f41675.jpg
I would prefer the gene(s) to be simplified like the first picture rather than have a ton of detail like the the second one. It would be a lot easier to look at.
WRW2rGw.png 4SzSxLW.png HouhGS9.png ACOZFAh.png 1vAtYxM.png pZJYyk4.png MUYNhfy.png cdqdRxL.png oaolHwW.png 0HBKL8H.png lSkSEUZ.png GW180jv.png
Honey Gene

Super glossy golden liquid overlaying(staining) the base, gold highlights with golden honey dripping from points.

Edit: or just large sections of oozing golden honey.
Honey Gene

Super glossy golden liquid overlaying(staining) the base, gold highlights with golden honey dripping from points.

Edit: or just large sections of oozing golden honey.
Please, have a look at some of my favorite places!! Misty:She/Her
I'd love Cherub/Seraph for Veils. ^^ I think the feathery pattern for the secondary would look really cool with their double wings
I'd love Cherub/Seraph for Veils. ^^ I think the feathery pattern for the secondary would look really cool with their double wings
60F6OKB.png
///
» FAQ
» Skins
» Icon Dragon
1 2 ... 57 58 59 60 61 ... 63 64