Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Secondary Gene Suggestions
1 2 ... 56 57 58 59 60 ... 63 64
Spinner for gaolers will be nice
Spinner for gaolers will be nice
the mask quest
AbyssalRuins' Fancy Rocks and Shiny Things
Have a bred G1 you want to get rid of? Post here and I might buy.
Mosaic/Breakup and Ripple/Current for Veilspun, as well as Lionfish/Noxtide and Leopard/Clouded for Ancients, please. And Shell/Web for moderns, I'm begging you.
Mosaic/Breakup and Ripple/Current for Veilspun, as well as Lionfish/Noxtide and Leopard/Clouded for Ancients, please. And Shell/Web for moderns, I'm begging you.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
[quote name="Natron" date="2021-06-02 15:53:20" ] Mosaic/Breakup and Ripple/Current for Veilspun, as well as Lionfish/Noxtide and Leopard/Clouded for Ancients, please. And Shell/Web for moderns, I'm begging you. [/quote] Second!
Natron wrote on 2021-06-02 15:53:20:
Second!
  • Tender/Vulture
  • FR+3
  • She/They
  • Actual Turkey Vulture
XxqDwGq.png
SWAMP BIOME PLAGUE 4 LYFE, BABEY!!!
Something like a hybrid between breakup and bee. A translucent appearance like stained glass would be lovely!
Something like a hybrid between breakup and bee. A translucent appearance like stained glass would be lovely!
[quote name="Natron" date="2021-06-02 15:53:20" ] Mosaic/Breakup and Ripple/Current for Veilspun, as well as Lionfish/Noxtide and Leopard/Clouded for Ancients, please. And Shell/Web for moderns, I'm begging you. [/quote] Yes, especially Leopard/Clouded for Ancients! Gaolers are perfect cats, they need the genes!
Natron wrote on 2021-06-02 15:53:20:
Yes, especially Leopard/Clouded for Ancients! Gaolers are perfect cats, they need the genes!
WRW2rGw.png 4SzSxLW.png HouhGS9.png ACOZFAh.png 1vAtYxM.png pZJYyk4.png MUYNhfy.png cdqdRxL.png oaolHwW.png 0HBKL8H.png lSkSEUZ.png GW180jv.png
[quote name="JonSnOwO" date="2021-03-03 19:20:40" ] [quote name="SecrataryBird" date="2021-02-17 21:45:06" ] [quote name="SecrataryBird" date="2021-02-17 21:44:06" ] I was inspired by the thread about invisible genes. This gene accomplishes the semi-transparent shiny look of glass or jewels [img]https://i.imgur.com/vhfw9AA.png[/img] Heather/mist [img]https://i.imgur.com/O2jKNTK.png[/img] Red/vermillion I decided to do another mockup with one of the site's favorite breeds [img]https://i.imgur.com/nDFgMRN.png[/img] With grapefruit capsule [/quote] [/quote] I already supported this on the thread for it but I'mma do it again because I love these so much. [/quote] this is GORGEOUS... reminds me of candy... i'd love more semi-transparent genes
JonSnOwO wrote on 2021-03-03 19:20:40:
SecrataryBird wrote on 2021-02-17 21:45:06:
SecrataryBird wrote on 2021-02-17 21:44:06:
I was inspired by the thread about invisible genes. This gene accomplishes the semi-transparent shiny look of glass or jewels
vhfw9AA.png
Heather/mist

O2jKNTK.png
Red/vermillion
I decided to do another mockup with one of the site's favorite breeds
nDFgMRN.png
With grapefruit capsule

I already supported this on the thread for it but I'mma do it again because I love these so much.

this is GORGEOUS... reminds me of candy... i'd love more semi-transparent genes
SdIF9XK.gif..
raven
she/her • FR+0
» lore
» art shop
» adopts
It would be awesome Flair for all the ancient breeds!
It would be awesome Flair for all the ancient breeds!
Green Crystals Hatchery
Ghvar||24||Italy(FR+9)
I see a lot of people suggesting Ancient to Modern genes, or parallel Ancient to Ancient genes, and I want to say personally, I think Ancients should look as uniquely different from Modern breeds as possible--that's half of the point of them existing, in my opinion. After all, if these breeds can't interbreed with one another and Moderns aren't descended from Ancients (and Ancients aren't related to one another), then how the heck would they end up with nearly identical marking patterns?

Not to mention, Ancients were introduced to allow us to have more dragon breeds without the long wait in between releases because between re-drawing genes and apparel, it takes a long time--so why should the artists take more time to continuously redraw genes if it's not on a new breed that can actually wear clothes?

TL;DR: I do not support genes that are for both Ancients and Moderns, or for multiple breeds of Ancients. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense lore-wise to me, nor does it make sense from a development standpoint.
I see a lot of people suggesting Ancient to Modern genes, or parallel Ancient to Ancient genes, and I want to say personally, I think Ancients should look as uniquely different from Modern breeds as possible--that's half of the point of them existing, in my opinion. After all, if these breeds can't interbreed with one another and Moderns aren't descended from Ancients (and Ancients aren't related to one another), then how the heck would they end up with nearly identical marking patterns?

Not to mention, Ancients were introduced to allow us to have more dragon breeds without the long wait in between releases because between re-drawing genes and apparel, it takes a long time--so why should the artists take more time to continuously redraw genes if it's not on a new breed that can actually wear clothes?

TL;DR: I do not support genes that are for both Ancients and Moderns, or for multiple breeds of Ancients. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense lore-wise to me, nor does it make sense from a development standpoint.
80757570p.png 77134736p.png
[quote name="foxshapedshadows" date="2021-10-12 16:14:13" ] I see a lot of people suggesting Ancient to Modern genes, or parallel Ancient to Ancient genes, and I want to say personally, I think Ancients should look as uniquely different from Modern breeds as possible--that's half of the point of them existing, in my opinion. After all, if these breeds can't interbreed with one another and Moderns aren't descended from Ancients (and Ancients aren't related to one another), then how the heck would they end up with nearly identical marking patterns? Not to mention, Ancients were introduced to allow us to have more dragon breeds without the long wait in between releases because between re-drawing genes and apparel, it takes a long time--so why should the artists take more time to continuously redraw genes if it's not on a new breed that can actually wear clothes? TL;DR: I do not support genes that are for both Ancients and Moderns, or for multiple breeds of Ancients. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense lore-wise to me, nor does it make sense from a development standpoint. [/quote] Not speaking to the “making Ancients and Moderns feel different,” which I can get behind, but I think it makes more sense, developmentally, to create modern genes for ancients than this post does. This only goes in the direction of Modern to Ancient and not Ancient to Modern. Unlike Modern genes, Ancient genes can be and often ARE released piecemeal - you can’t release a Modern gene without having all the art for every modern breed, but you CAN release an Ancient gene by itself for just one breed, whether you will add it to other Ancients later or not. If said gene is an Ancient version of a Modern gene, then that’s also that much less work in the concept stage. And in THEORY I like the idea of more differentiation between Ancient and Modern genes, but in practice I want some specific ones, like Ripple for Veilspins to make the wood sprites with Branches people have thought of, or gosh dang Banescales really have a good shape and amount of wing space for Flair don’t they :P
foxshapedshadows wrote on 2021-10-12 16:14:13:

Not speaking to the “making Ancients and Moderns feel different,” which I can get behind, but I think it makes more sense, developmentally, to create modern genes for ancients than this post does.

This only goes in the direction of Modern to Ancient and not Ancient to Modern. Unlike Modern genes, Ancient genes can be and often ARE released piecemeal - you can’t release a Modern gene without having all the art for every modern breed, but you CAN release an Ancient gene by itself for just one breed, whether you will add it to other Ancients later or not. If said gene is an Ancient version of a Modern gene, then that’s also that much less work in the concept stage.

And in THEORY I like the idea of more differentiation between Ancient and Modern genes, but in practice I want some specific ones, like Ripple for Veilspins to make the wood sprites with Branches people have thought of, or gosh dang Banescales really have a good shape and amount of wing space for Flair don’t they :P
"Deep Sea" gene!
Gives a dragon a soft sheen a bit like iridescent scales, but with phosphorizing spots along their body, head and legs.

I'd be so pretty and it'd work fantastically with a secondary called "Phosphorize" that does the same to a dragon's wings.

A matching tert could be a glowing belly - instead of glistening like glimmer it could have a soft, scale-like quality with small glowing spots.
"Deep Sea" gene!
Gives a dragon a soft sheen a bit like iridescent scales, but with phosphorizing spots along their body, head and legs.

I'd be so pretty and it'd work fantastically with a secondary called "Phosphorize" that does the same to a dragon's wings.

A matching tert could be a glowing belly - instead of glistening like glimmer it could have a soft, scale-like quality with small glowing spots.
1 2 ... 56 57 58 59 60 ... 63 64