Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Secondary Gene Suggestions
1 2 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64
[img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=80675758&skin=16379&apparel=23144&xt=dressing.png[/img] I have this girl whose accent in combination with smirch created a beautiful nebula effect on her wing tips. I would love a gene that's similar to this. More natural than starmap, with some of the colour explosion of flair but kept subtle.
dragon?did=80675758&skin=16379&apparel=23144&xt=dressing.png

I have this girl whose accent in combination with smirch created a beautiful nebula effect on her wing tips. I would love a gene that's similar to this. More natural than starmap, with some of the colour explosion of flair but kept subtle.
I'd love to see a secondary gene for aethers that mimics the pattern of a luna moth's wing. [img]http://christineelder.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/moth-luna.jpeg[/img]
I'd love to see a secondary gene for aethers that mimics the pattern of a luna moth's wing.
moth-luna.jpeg
- G1s for sale
- LF any combo of abyss, copper, spruce and other dream g1s
Wasp/Bee for Aethers
Wasp/Bee for Aethers
PFU56VO.png
A secondary for Aethers that directly matches the Flutter tertiary! I just cant get past the non-matching enough to want to use flutter [emoji=aether sad size=1] My small attempt at an example [img]https://i.imgur.com/YdfRIpJ.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/qVRoV7h.png[/img] And I’m sure someone could come up with a nice matchy primary, make it a full set!
A secondary for Aethers that directly matches the Flutter tertiary!
I just cant get past the non-matching enough to want to use flutter

My small attempt at an example
YdfRIpJ.png
qVRoV7h.png

And I’m sure someone could come up with a nice matchy primary, make it a full set!
hKTQf3U.png Adopt Shop | +3 FR Time| Art Trades i3xklUl.png
9mjyPzr.png
Plz Buy My Dergs
A gene called 'cut work' that creates a series of cuts or holes along the edges of the wings using the same kind of transparency that bee does. The main body should have a subtle leathery texture to give the cuts the feeling of 'depth'. There could be a 'Battle worn' primary with scar like patterns and the same leather texture. It would need to be different from the 'scar' apparel items but I think different colour marks would make the primary distinct. Possibly it could be big plate like scales but with gaps where scales have been lost to damage and the gaps having the accent colours you get on genes like trail.

I originally thought of this as a tert but I'm not sure if it could work with layering, if it were possible as a tert I thought it would be cool if the different colour ranges produced different shapes rather than having a colour effect something like;

Pink range: Lacy with hearts
Red range: Tears like wounds or scars
Yellow: Stars
Green: Circles
Blue: Wavy ends
Purple: Triangular edges
Grey scale: Moons possibly a moon phase series along the edge of wing.

This would make it a good option for Dragons with awkward colour terts and when you don't want a third colour but don't want a 'basic' dragon.
A gene called 'cut work' that creates a series of cuts or holes along the edges of the wings using the same kind of transparency that bee does. The main body should have a subtle leathery texture to give the cuts the feeling of 'depth'. There could be a 'Battle worn' primary with scar like patterns and the same leather texture. It would need to be different from the 'scar' apparel items but I think different colour marks would make the primary distinct. Possibly it could be big plate like scales but with gaps where scales have been lost to damage and the gaps having the accent colours you get on genes like trail.

I originally thought of this as a tert but I'm not sure if it could work with layering, if it were possible as a tert I thought it would be cool if the different colour ranges produced different shapes rather than having a colour effect something like;

Pink range: Lacy with hearts
Red range: Tears like wounds or scars
Yellow: Stars
Green: Circles
Blue: Wavy ends
Purple: Triangular edges
Grey scale: Moons possibly a moon phase series along the edge of wing.

This would make it a good option for Dragons with awkward colour terts and when you don't want a third colour but don't want a 'basic' dragon.
tp1ZjdA.png
A while ago I had a dream that a new secondary was added called "Aquarium" that made the wings of a dragon have a school of fish pattern on it of which the color variant caused the fish to have different colors. It functioned similarly to Phar/Sarc where the main part was always blue or some shade of blue since the gene was meant to look like, as you can imagine, fish underwater. I doubt it'll happen, but I've never stopped thinking about it and thought it would be really cool so I figured I'd mention it here.

If it had a primary to match, I would imagine the equivalent would be some sort of coral reef equivalent tbh.
A while ago I had a dream that a new secondary was added called "Aquarium" that made the wings of a dragon have a school of fish pattern on it of which the color variant caused the fish to have different colors. It functioned similarly to Phar/Sarc where the main part was always blue or some shade of blue since the gene was meant to look like, as you can imagine, fish underwater. I doubt it'll happen, but I've never stopped thinking about it and thought it would be really cool so I figured I'd mention it here.

If it had a primary to match, I would imagine the equivalent would be some sort of coral reef equivalent tbh.
Art shop! - Hatchery - Fandragons
e84edb279472c7ab49e97ec276d4ffda.gif
A gene idea that I thought would be pretty and could work well with all species is a gene that's based on stained glass windows! Almost like a mix between bee and mosaic, being formed up of patterns like stained glass windows but with see-through sections or colors backlit by sunlight.

And possibly if there were a matching gene it could be based on blown glass and the vibrant colors and patterns that you can find in ornaments, vases, figurines and so on made with blown glass.

I think the only lineart editing that would be needed possibly would be to the inner parts of the wing, so the wing shape is still intact!
A gene idea that I thought would be pretty and could work well with all species is a gene that's based on stained glass windows! Almost like a mix between bee and mosaic, being formed up of patterns like stained glass windows but with see-through sections or colors backlit by sunlight.

And possibly if there were a matching gene it could be based on blown glass and the vibrant colors and patterns that you can find in ornaments, vases, figurines and so on made with blown glass.

I think the only lineart editing that would be needed possibly would be to the inner parts of the wing, so the wing shape is still intact!
VAnf2q2.png
MUYNhfy.png
HxcMlGn.png
uPOLOvt.png
5hF3FGk.png
12ilQ62.png
t6zNkmJ.png
frOhg1.pngjBvav1.pngsbRGR1.pngPJJ0U1.pngfQzrV1.png2Jh2p1.pngO5wrd1.png
For a modern secondary, can we get one that will affect the appearance of a Pearlcatcher’s pearl? We have Boulder as a primary that affects it, and Glimmer, Stained, and Flecks as tertiaries that affect it, but no secondary! I think it would be really cool to have all three genes able to affect the pearl, and I think PCs with all three pearl-changing genes would become popular.
For a modern secondary, can we get one that will affect the appearance of a Pearlcatcher’s pearl? We have Boulder as a primary that affects it, and Glimmer, Stained, and Flecks as tertiaries that affect it, but no secondary! I think it would be really cool to have all three genes able to affect the pearl, and I think PCs with all three pearl-changing genes would become popular.
9-BF420-CA-86-E1-4-F59-85-CA-C3-BC6-F2-B7-B26.png
A counterpart to Ribbons, please! Think of all the Pride Flags we would make! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/74300854][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/743009/74300854_350.png[/img][/url] Look at him! He needs it!
A counterpart to Ribbons, please!

Think of all the Pride Flags we would make!

74300854_350.png

Look at him! He needs it!
1116657.pnga7ary6T.pngmy XYY & XYXY progens!KY9ywbZ.gifqWCWD5R.png
@Seejey
The secondary that matches with Ribbon is Eel
@Seejey
The secondary that matches with Ribbon is Eel

In your heart and your spirit
Let the breezes surround you
Lift up your voice then and
Sing with the wind
________________ V8Rzx4h.png