Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Magni's Marvelous Metamorphosis
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
this is neat as heck, 100000000000000% support fr staff look at this immediately
this is neat as heck, 100000000000000% support fr staff look at this immediately
I'd have fun with a guinea pig dragon. As long as it's unable to be reverted and there's a notable disclaimer that changes cannot be reverted.

Maybe we could have an option to lock a trait or a set of traits? Say I want to lock the primary color, or I lock all three colors at once, or I lock a gem gene...
I'd have fun with a guinea pig dragon. As long as it's unable to be reverted and there's a notable disclaimer that changes cannot be reverted.

Maybe we could have an option to lock a trait or a set of traits? Say I want to lock the primary color, or I lock all three colors at once, or I lock a gem gene...
@Vely Why do you want the changes to not be reversible? Is it the additional server space? Or to avoid people using this for customization? What if there was a cooldown upon reverting that made it not worth using for customization?
@Vely Why do you want the changes to not be reversible? Is it the additional server space? Or to avoid people using this for customization? What if there was a cooldown upon reverting that made it not worth using for customization?
FObX7rS.png
q9EEy5M.png
o9yS1eq.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png

oR9L7e0.png(image-heavy)
Ooo fun idea

I also like the concept art, veilsupns my beloved
Ooo fun idea

I also like the concept art, veilsupns my beloved
9YmzAZz.png
6YtLZau.png
LRdLP2V.png
ACOZFAh.png
kE8PZoU.png
8732-DEFC-0882-405-A-A1-FC-A7-F406-FC25-B0.gifjt3PpxV.pngqo188r4.png
WKtl2lb.png
VjdktqS.png
FObX7rS.png
LardsEd.png
YMPbu9R.png
Support, just as is.
When you enter Roundsleys Raffle, the chances are, you won't get anything from it, and it means that it doesn't become too overpowered. Therefore, in order to make it a gamble, it SHOULD have a high chance of nothing.
Support, just as is.
When you enter Roundsleys Raffle, the chances are, you won't get anything from it, and it means that it doesn't become too overpowered. Therefore, in order to make it a gamble, it SHOULD have a high chance of nothing.
fyu120w.png
Head on over to Azmodeus's Cancer Hatchery and buy a Cancer Dragon!
[quote name="TagonDramer" date="2023-01-29 17:10:31" ] Vely Why do you want the changes to not be reversible? Is it the additional server space? Or to avoid people using this for customization? What if there was a cooldown upon reverting that made it not worth using for customization? [/quote] Not the person you're asking, but I think a fee to undo a change might be an option too, say 50,000-200,000t whatever seems fair, so people aren't just making changes and reversing them over and over to basically shop for a change they want. Most of the time it wouldn't be worth it to undo but if you got something you absolutely couldn't stand there would be a way to reverse it, assuming you had the money. Edit: Vely so sorry for the ping!! I thought I'd deleted it from the quote, but apparently not.
TagonDramer wrote on 2023-01-29 17:10:31:
Vely Why do you want the changes to not be reversible? Is it the additional server space? Or to avoid people using this for customization? What if there was a cooldown upon reverting that made it not worth using for customization?

Not the person you're asking, but I think a fee to undo a change might be an option too, say 50,000-200,000t whatever seems fair, so people aren't just making changes and reversing them over and over to basically shop for a change they want. Most of the time it wouldn't be worth it to undo but if you got something you absolutely couldn't stand there would be a way to reverse it, assuming you had the money.

Edit: Vely so sorry for the ping!! I thought I'd deleted it from the quote, but apparently not.
Ohh, this looks like it would be much more fun than my adventures scatterscrolling my random progen! I can easily imagine some fun challenges sprouting from this kind of feature, along the same vein as "scatterscrolling until xxx", but easier for newer users to participate in.

It would also have some neat lore potential. "Day 3 as a labrat: gained weight." "Day 25 as a labrat: my colours changed to bright orange and pink" "Day 257 as a labrat: I have turned into a Pearlcatcher, and already have complicated feelings about my pearl"
Ohh, this looks like it would be much more fun than my adventures scatterscrolling my random progen! I can easily imagine some fun challenges sprouting from this kind of feature, along the same vein as "scatterscrolling until xxx", but easier for newer users to participate in.

It would also have some neat lore potential. "Day 3 as a labrat: gained weight." "Day 25 as a labrat: my colours changed to bright orange and pink" "Day 257 as a labrat: I have turned into a Pearlcatcher, and already have complicated feelings about my pearl"
Don't forget to ping me @Aryllia to get my attention.
I honestly can't believe I never thought of this. Full support!

The Lab Ray was a big part of why I played Neopets constantly as a kid. I had a pet who had "lore" (such as it was, lol) about being cursed to ever-shift and change, and I used the Lab Ray as the tool to make it happen. I don't know if I'd go for the same idea here or what, but I think it has a lot of fun potential!

My notes are:

• As cool as it would be to have breed change to Imperial as an option, the possibility of legal trouble ain't worth it.
  • Similarly, as cool as it would be to have the option to change the dragon's element, I think that could cause some problems if they have element-specific battle stones equipped. It would be incredible if the code could ensure that any element-specific battle stones are swapped for their equivalents in the new element (ex: Rune Slash for Thunder Slash, Natural Acuity Fragment for Aquatic Acuity Fragment, etc.). That said, I'm no programmer, so if that's not possible, then I'd give this a soft pass.
  • While I love the prospect of a Modern changing into an Ancient or vice versa, I wonder if there would be any coding issues on gene changes? It sounds like each Ancient would need to get their own separate gene-change table compared to the Moderns, who would only ever need to share one. I imagine that's something to consider when it comes to the complexity of coding this, but again, I'm no programmer. If it's an issue, I'd still definitely roll the dice at Magni's if it ends up being a Moderns-only feature, so it's not a dealbreaker!
  • I guess I'm in the minority on this one, but I don't mind the "nothing happened" result even if it doesn't come with any refund for the spent treasure. If the treasure cost is as cheap as OP suggests, it's very easy to make that money back. Even if you don't exalt-level, hoardsell, etc., you can make a relatively quick 3kt from Tomo and 75kt from Glimmer & Gloom. It's not that bad? Like. C'mon, guys.

I do have a small question regarding changes that normally would cost gems (genes, breeds, silhouettes, permababies, etc.) -- do you believe they should be possible if super rare? Or should they be left out of the table?

Personally, I'm mixed on that prospect. On one hand, I think it would be the highlight of my week if my guinea pig willing test subject got, say, magicked an Iridescent primary after rocking Basic. On the other hand, it may disincentivize some people from buying gems. (I don't see it being the biggest issue because it still may not be The Gem Gene or The Gem Breed a person wants, and there are plenty who wouldn't want to gamble colors for a slim shot at a gem change, but I feel it's enough of a concern to note.)
I honestly can't believe I never thought of this. Full support!

The Lab Ray was a big part of why I played Neopets constantly as a kid. I had a pet who had "lore" (such as it was, lol) about being cursed to ever-shift and change, and I used the Lab Ray as the tool to make it happen. I don't know if I'd go for the same idea here or what, but I think it has a lot of fun potential!

My notes are:

• As cool as it would be to have breed change to Imperial as an option, the possibility of legal trouble ain't worth it.
  • Similarly, as cool as it would be to have the option to change the dragon's element, I think that could cause some problems if they have element-specific battle stones equipped. It would be incredible if the code could ensure that any element-specific battle stones are swapped for their equivalents in the new element (ex: Rune Slash for Thunder Slash, Natural Acuity Fragment for Aquatic Acuity Fragment, etc.). That said, I'm no programmer, so if that's not possible, then I'd give this a soft pass.
  • While I love the prospect of a Modern changing into an Ancient or vice versa, I wonder if there would be any coding issues on gene changes? It sounds like each Ancient would need to get their own separate gene-change table compared to the Moderns, who would only ever need to share one. I imagine that's something to consider when it comes to the complexity of coding this, but again, I'm no programmer. If it's an issue, I'd still definitely roll the dice at Magni's if it ends up being a Moderns-only feature, so it's not a dealbreaker!
  • I guess I'm in the minority on this one, but I don't mind the "nothing happened" result even if it doesn't come with any refund for the spent treasure. If the treasure cost is as cheap as OP suggests, it's very easy to make that money back. Even if you don't exalt-level, hoardsell, etc., you can make a relatively quick 3kt from Tomo and 75kt from Glimmer & Gloom. It's not that bad? Like. C'mon, guys.

I do have a small question regarding changes that normally would cost gems (genes, breeds, silhouettes, permababies, etc.) -- do you believe they should be possible if super rare? Or should they be left out of the table?

Personally, I'm mixed on that prospect. On one hand, I think it would be the highlight of my week if my guinea pig willing test subject got, say, magicked an Iridescent primary after rocking Basic. On the other hand, it may disincentivize some people from buying gems. (I don't see it being the biggest issue because it still may not be The Gem Gene or The Gem Breed a person wants, and there are plenty who wouldn't want to gamble colors for a slim shot at a gem change, but I feel it's enough of a concern to note.)
I like the idea generally.

Regarding charms:
I'd lean towards making items or spending extra treasure to lock certain categories rather than increasing chance of a certain result. E.g. spend an extra 500-5000t (same as the base randomization fee?) to lock each slot while randomizing the rest. E.g. lock in 2/3 of your colors and run the chances on randomizing the last one. Not sure what values the treasures should be, but it would scale up the cost with the degree of customization a person is aiming for.
I wouldn't want it to make a fully customized dragon cheaper than fully geneing a dragon unless you get real lucky. Particularly because I'd like it to randomize colors too. I could see running G1s through it to try for doubles or triples as a fun treasure sink with a chance to recoup costs.

Regarding genes and breed changes:
I'd say gem genes and modern breeds (except imperial) should have a chance scaled to how likely they are to show up when bred against a basic gene or common breed.
I like the idea generally.

Regarding charms:
I'd lean towards making items or spending extra treasure to lock certain categories rather than increasing chance of a certain result. E.g. spend an extra 500-5000t (same as the base randomization fee?) to lock each slot while randomizing the rest. E.g. lock in 2/3 of your colors and run the chances on randomizing the last one. Not sure what values the treasures should be, but it would scale up the cost with the degree of customization a person is aiming for.
I wouldn't want it to make a fully customized dragon cheaper than fully geneing a dragon unless you get real lucky. Particularly because I'd like it to randomize colors too. I could see running G1s through it to try for doubles or triples as a fun treasure sink with a chance to recoup costs.

Regarding genes and breed changes:
I'd say gem genes and modern breeds (except imperial) should have a chance scaled to how likely they are to show up when bred against a basic gene or common breed.
I love this idea! I was always a fan of the secret lab on Neopets, and I could imagine having a lot of fun just chucking fodder gen1s into this thing to see what happens.
I love this idea! I was always a fan of the secret lab on Neopets, and I could imagine having a lot of fun just chucking fodder gen1s into this thing to see what happens.
VOIPBvS.png
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12