Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Magni's Marvelous Metamorphosis
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12
@SCB man i knew there was one feedback i was forgetting to reply to smh. I'm neutral on removing nothing happens, mostly afraid that replacing it with something like "get basic gene/common eyes" might not lower the level of frustration (as it'll still be interpreted as a nothing happens at best, and give it a bigger chance of your dragon losing something at worse), while lowering the already diminute value of tampered sights and removal scrolls and stuff.

Energy bar filled to 100% or something simple like that could work better, if people feel like nothing happening is too punishing (for context, the fee would be something like 500t per day)
@SCB man i knew there was one feedback i was forgetting to reply to smh. I'm neutral on removing nothing happens, mostly afraid that replacing it with something like "get basic gene/common eyes" might not lower the level of frustration (as it'll still be interpreted as a nothing happens at best, and give it a bigger chance of your dragon losing something at worse), while lowering the already diminute value of tampered sights and removal scrolls and stuff.

Energy bar filled to 100% or something simple like that could work better, if people feel like nothing happening is too punishing (for context, the fee would be something like 500t per day)
21059.png Lemmy or Baku, but feel free to make up new nicknames for me.

Any pronouns | Japanese
Ping me when replying, I love to chat with people.
-- kMi3VrI.png
[quote name="SCB" date="2022-12-29 10:45:06" ] Best to remove "nothing happens" as its super frustrating. Have the lowest thing be "energy bar filled to 100%" It's not great, but it's something. [/quote] this and to expand to OP (bakugames): it's not that scattervials were the only way to get eye types were the problem, it was that they "failed" most of the time, the same as your suggestion, so yes, it's very apt to compare them both. Roundsey can be another similar comparison, you can buy and buy tickets and never get anything, which very fast makes you ask yourself why are you throwing money into it and drop participation to minimum. Psychologically all mechanics that always "do something", even if it's not what you wanted or very small, like feed or reroll wingspan value of one dragon, will always be better than metaphorically standing in one place with "yet again nothing happens" outcomes. Ironically, all of the below, combined with the most common result being "nothing happens" would be the chief reason to not waste time coding this mechanic: why should players throw treasure/gems/whatever into it more than once or twice, if they can get everything that matters with 100% guarantee in another way for possibly even cheaper? [quote name="bakugames" date="2022-12-29 10:37:22" ] The only thing that is exclusive to Magni is changing height and weight, stats that most people forget exist or just ignore. Want a breed eye, or gene change? MP, gem marketplace, baldwin, coli and the AH are all there. Want a new color? Tri color scatterscrolls. Want more levels? Go to coli or pay someone to level your dragon. Magni isn't the only avenue to finish your projects, like the scattervial was [/quote]
SCB wrote on 2022-12-29 10:45:06:
Best to remove "nothing happens" as its super frustrating. Have the lowest thing be "energy bar filled to 100%" It's not great, but it's something.

this and to expand to OP (bakugames): it's not that scattervials were the only way to get eye types were the problem, it was that they "failed" most of the time, the same as your suggestion, so yes, it's very apt to compare them both. Roundsey can be another similar comparison, you can buy and buy tickets and never get anything, which very fast makes you ask yourself why are you throwing money into it and drop participation to minimum. Psychologically all mechanics that always "do something", even if it's not what you wanted or very small, like feed or reroll wingspan value of one dragon, will always be better than metaphorically standing in one place with "yet again nothing happens" outcomes.

Ironically, all of the below, combined with the most common result being "nothing happens" would be the chief reason to not waste time coding this mechanic: why should players throw treasure/gems/whatever into it more than once or twice, if they can get everything that matters with 100% guarantee in another way for possibly even cheaper?
bakugames wrote on 2022-12-29 10:37:22:
The only thing that is exclusive to Magni is changing height and weight, stats that most people forget exist or just ignore. Want a breed eye, or gene change? MP, gem marketplace, baldwin, coli and the AH are all there. Want a new color? Tri color scatterscrolls. Want more levels? Go to coli or pay someone to level your dragon. Magni isn't the only avenue to finish your projects, like the scattervial was
JQQ3Fjt.png
I like it!
(Never done scatter projects in reason they are too expensive, but this could interest me!)

Although I think players who centered on G1s could complain that this could ruin their market.
I like it!
(Never done scatter projects in reason they are too expensive, but this could interest me!)

Although I think players who centered on G1s could complain that this could ruin their market.

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
[quote name="bakugames" date="2022-12-29 10:37:22" ]I don't agree with the second point, because the whole point is that it's a gamble. You could argue to remove other results like colors (excludes your XXXs just because they're XXXs) or genes (exclude your gened dragons just because they're gened, because basic is also a possible result you can get) with the same logic.[/quote] This is just my opinion but I don't see it as equal because I didn't spend hours at coli making that dragon XXX. I might use an XXX and I lost nothing because I have hundreds of them. It costs me no more to make an XXX than it does to make an XYZ. To me, an XXX is free. (I got to that point of them being free with effort, but now that they are free, no more work is invested.) But every single 25 has been the recipient of individual work on someone's part. How it works out is, realistically you're not going to zap a 25. And where it ruins the spirit of that gamble is, a 25 can't gain levels. He can only lose. I do think I have an objective point about booting out an eliminate though. That needs to not happen.
I don't agree with the second point, because the whole point is that it's a gamble. You could argue to remove other results like colors (excludes your XXXs just because they're XXXs) or genes (exclude your gened dragons just because they're gened, because basic is also a possible result you can get) with the same logic.

This is just my opinion but I don't see it as equal because I didn't spend hours at coli making that dragon XXX. I might use an XXX and I lost nothing because I have hundreds of them. It costs me no more to make an XXX than it does to make an XYZ. To me, an XXX is free. (I got to that point of them being free with effort, but now that they are free, no more work is invested.)

But every single 25 has been the recipient of individual work on someone's part.

How it works out is, realistically you're not going to zap a 25.

And where it ruins the spirit of that gamble is, a 25 can't gain levels. He can only lose.

I do think I have an objective point about booting out an eliminate though. That needs to not happen.
86cgLtF.png
[quote name="@RedWillia" date="2022-12-29 11:01:53" ] [quote name="SCB" date="2022-12-29 10:45:06" ] Best to remove "nothing happens" as its super frustrating. Have the lowest thing be "energy bar filled to 100%" It's not great, but it's something. [/quote] this and to expand to OP (bakugames): it's not that scattervials were the only way to get eye types were the problem, it was that they "failed" most of the time, the same as your suggestion, so yes, it's very apt to compare them both. Roundsey can be another similar comparison, you can buy and buy tickets and never get anything, which very fast makes you ask yourself why are you throwing money into it and drop participation to minimum. Psychologically all mechanics that always "do something", even if it's not what you wanted or very small, like feed or reroll wingspan value of one dragon, will always be better than metaphorically standing in one place with "yet again nothing happens" outcomes. Ironically, all of the below, combined with the most common result being "nothing happens" would be the chief reason to not waste time coding this mechanic: why should players throw treasure/gems/whatever into it more than once or twice, if they can get everything that matters with 100% guarantee in another way for possibly even cheaper? [quote name="bakugames" date="2022-12-29 10:37:22" ] The only thing that is exclusive to Magni is changing height and weight, stats that most people forget exist or just ignore. Want a breed eye, or gene change? MP, gem marketplace, baldwin, coli and the AH are all there. Want a new color? Tri color scatterscrolls. Want more levels? Go to coli or pay someone to level your dragon. Magni isn't the only avenue to finish your projects, like the scattervial was [/quote] [/quote] because its fun :D! it's not meant to be optimal, a project finisher, its meant to be a fun gamble. A bit of luck and you can save a bad g1, get something you might not have the money to buy rn, or just have fun with a dragon made for magni to see what happens. It's ok if you don't find more gambling aspects of the site fun. I know some people don't like roundsey, and wouldn't use this. But others would, they like creating challenges or seeing what happens or trying to hit a jackpot. I don't think it'd be a waste of time or coding (no feature of the site is, imo!). [quote name="Aliandrin" date="2022-12-29 11:07:16" ] [quote name="bakugames" date="2022-12-29 10:37:22" ]I don't agree with the second point, because the whole point is that it's a gamble. You could argue to remove other results like colors (excludes your XXXs just because they're XXXs) or genes (exclude your gened dragons just because they're gened, because basic is also a possible result you can get) with the same logic.[/quote] This is just my opinion but I don't see it as equal because I didn't spend hours at coli making that dragon XXX. I might use an XXX and I lost nothing because I have hundreds of them. It costs me no more to make an XXX than it does to make an XYZ. To me, an XXX is free. (I got to that point of them being free with effort, but now that they are free, no more work is invested.) But every single 25 has been the recipient of individual work on someone's part. How it works out is, realistically you're not going to zap a 25. And where it ruins the spirit of that gamble is, a 25 can't gain levels. He can only lose. I do think I have an objective point about booting out an eliminate though. That needs to not happen. [/quote] XXXs, while swamping the market, can still take a lot of work or not be replaceable. G1s, birthday dragons, IDs, etc. And the XXX was just an example, realistically any dragon with colors you like could be excluded from your magni options because you don't want to risk it, because they realistically could only "lose" if they had a color (or more) swapped. I think the risk is part of the fun. Either accepting the risk or getting a dragon just for magni. Maybe it's just me though lol. Also imo the failsafe would just grey out the stones instead of destroying them, so if you get your dragon back to lv 11, you could get to use your eliminate again
@RedWillia wrote on 2022-12-29 11:01:53:
SCB wrote on 2022-12-29 10:45:06:
Best to remove "nothing happens" as its super frustrating. Have the lowest thing be "energy bar filled to 100%" It's not great, but it's something.

this and to expand to OP (bakugames): it's not that scattervials were the only way to get eye types were the problem, it was that they "failed" most of the time, the same as your suggestion, so yes, it's very apt to compare them both. Roundsey can be another similar comparison, you can buy and buy tickets and never get anything, which very fast makes you ask yourself why are you throwing money into it and drop participation to minimum. Psychologically all mechanics that always "do something", even if it's not what you wanted or very small, like feed or reroll wingspan value of one dragon, will always be better than metaphorically standing in one place with "yet again nothing happens" outcomes.

Ironically, all of the below, combined with the most common result being "nothing happens" would be the chief reason to not waste time coding this mechanic: why should players throw treasure/gems/whatever into it more than once or twice, if they can get everything that matters with 100% guarantee in another way for possibly even cheaper?
The only thing that is exclusive to Magni is changing height and weight, stats that most people forget exist or just ignore. Want a breed eye, or gene change? MP, gem marketplace, baldwin, coli and the AH are all there. Want a new color? Tri color scatterscrolls. Want more levels? Go to coli or pay someone to level your dragon. Magni isn't the only avenue to finish your projects, like the scattervial was

because its fun :D! it's not meant to be optimal, a project finisher, its meant to be a fun gamble. A bit of luck and you can save a bad g1, get something you might not have the money to buy rn, or just have fun with a dragon made for magni to see what happens.

It's ok if you don't find more gambling aspects of the site fun. I know some people don't like roundsey, and wouldn't use this. But others would, they like creating challenges or seeing what happens or trying to hit a jackpot. I don't think it'd be a waste of time or coding (no feature of the site is, imo!).
Aliandrin wrote on 2022-12-29 11:07:16:
I don't agree with the second point, because the whole point is that it's a gamble. You could argue to remove other results like colors (excludes your XXXs just because they're XXXs) or genes (exclude your gened dragons just because they're gened, because basic is also a possible result you can get) with the same logic.

This is just my opinion but I don't see it as equal because I didn't spend hours at coli making that dragon XXX. I might use an XXX and I lost nothing because I have hundreds of them. It costs me no more to make an XXX than it does to make an XYZ. To me, an XXX is free. (I got to that point of them being free with effort, but now that they are free, no more work is invested.)

But every single 25 has been the recipient of individual work on someone's part.

How it works out is, realistically you're not going to zap a 25.

And where it ruins the spirit of that gamble is, a 25 can't gain levels. He can only lose.

I do think I have an objective point about booting out an eliminate though. That needs to not happen.

XXXs, while swamping the market, can still take a lot of work or not be replaceable. G1s, birthday dragons, IDs, etc. And the XXX was just an example, realistically any dragon with colors you like could be excluded from your magni options because you don't want to risk it, because they realistically could only "lose" if they had a color (or more) swapped.

I think the risk is part of the fun. Either accepting the risk or getting a dragon just for magni. Maybe it's just me though lol.

Also imo the failsafe would just grey out the stones instead of destroying them, so if you get your dragon back to lv 11, you could get to use your eliminate again
21059.png Lemmy or Baku, but feel free to make up new nicknames for me.

Any pronouns | Japanese
Ping me when replying, I love to chat with people.
-- kMi3VrI.png
I really like this idea ! I've always been bummed than most options to play with RNG are not that easy to get here. Scatterscrolls are A LOT of fun, and one of my favourite feature, but they're a bit expensive. And while Eggs are also fun, users have made them high in deman and thus also expensive, when they could fill the 'pop one open, get a brand new random dragon' thrill I sometimes crave.

This is a nice alternative, a way to play with RNG and get something fun in return. I see no real downside to this - if you have a dragon you'd rather not risk mess up with this feature, you could just not use them.
I really like this idea ! I've always been bummed than most options to play with RNG are not that easy to get here. Scatterscrolls are A LOT of fun, and one of my favourite feature, but they're a bit expensive. And while Eggs are also fun, users have made them high in deman and thus also expensive, when they could fill the 'pop one open, get a brand new random dragon' thrill I sometimes crave.

This is a nice alternative, a way to play with RNG and get something fun in return. I see no real downside to this - if you have a dragon you'd rather not risk mess up with this feature, you could just not use them.
tumblr_inline_pawby3qPs91rbjkvp_540.png
I quite like this! Played neopets years ago, never got to the lab ray, but I've heard stories.

A feature like that on FR would be really neat!
I quite like this! Played neopets years ago, never got to the lab ray, but I've heard stories.

A feature like that on FR would be really neat!
IMZbI9C.png
Support!

I think this is definately something you'd have to be careful with, both to impliment and to use. But it'd be super fun!

It'd be really neat picking up a non matchy G1 and putting them through Magi and only Magi until you get a result you like
Support!

I think this is definately something you'd have to be careful with, both to impliment and to use. But it'd be super fun!

It'd be really neat picking up a non matchy G1 and putting them through Magi and only Magi until you get a result you like
cd49yeB.png

SOAPY | THEY/THEM | +8 FR TIME
uBrBqTm.png
[quote name="bakugames" date="2022-12-29 11:17:15" ]I think the risk is part of the fun. Either accepting the risk or getting a dragon just for magni. Maybe it's just me though lol. Also imo the failsafe would just grey out the stones instead of destroying them, so if you get your dragon back to lv 11, you could get to use your eliminate again [/quote] No it's not just you and I absolutely would get one just for Magni. It's just too bad about losing levels. It means I would only zap a low-level dragon to avoid that sort of a gamble, especially if I'm paying to use the ray.
bakugames wrote on 2022-12-29 11:17:15:
I think the risk is part of the fun. Either accepting the risk or getting a dragon just for magni. Maybe it's just me though lol.

Also imo the failsafe would just grey out the stones instead of destroying them, so if you get your dragon back to lv 11, you could get to use your eliminate again

No it's not just you and I absolutely would get one just for Magni. It's just too bad about losing levels. It means I would only zap a low-level dragon to avoid that sort of a gamble, especially if I'm paying to use the ray.
86cgLtF.png
I think a caveat should maybe be that only modern breeds can be randomly changed into, it would suck for someone to put a fully gened spiral dragon in there and have all their genes set back to basic just because they got changed into a gaoler or something . Additionally for dragons that are already ancient breeds, maybe changing into another breed isn't an option at all.. idk!

But who knows, maybe the fun of it is this risk of having all the genes erased. I just think people would be more willing to use it on some of their more prized dragons if this caveat existed

(Also as a whole this idea seems really fun, i like it a lot !)
I think a caveat should maybe be that only modern breeds can be randomly changed into, it would suck for someone to put a fully gened spiral dragon in there and have all their genes set back to basic just because they got changed into a gaoler or something . Additionally for dragons that are already ancient breeds, maybe changing into another breed isn't an option at all.. idk!

But who knows, maybe the fun of it is this risk of having all the genes erased. I just think people would be more willing to use it on some of their more prized dragons if this caveat existed

(Also as a whole this idea seems really fun, i like it a lot !)

bannerart_2021.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12