Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | [NotN] Change egg rates back to 9%.
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 20 21
No support.

As many others have already stated 1% won't make that big of a difference, and in the end RNG is RNG. For example, I just opened two chests and got one egg each.

Having eggs be rare is fine and they should be exciting and fun when you finally get one. Also let's not forget that chests carry a lot more items than just eggs. Some of you make it sound like if there isn't an egg inside of a chest, than the chest was empty. You still get lots of other items ranging from genes, apparel, breed change scrolls, familiars, etc
No support.

As many others have already stated 1% won't make that big of a difference, and in the end RNG is RNG. For example, I just opened two chests and got one egg each.

Having eggs be rare is fine and they should be exciting and fun when you finally get one. Also let's not forget that chests carry a lot more items than just eggs. Some of you make it sound like if there isn't an egg inside of a chest, than the chest was empty. You still get lots of other items ranging from genes, apparel, breed change scrolls, familiars, etc
Vb1TA3f.png
the 1% is very small reduction, especially considering how much easier the chests are to obtain. what you lose in the rates can be made up with abundance in chests. while the chest availability changes does not necessarily affect as much on more hardcore players, it has easily doubled or quadrupled the chests more casual players get, and these are important to take in account to avoid driving egg values down too much. there has already been unhappiness among players about not getting desired profits with the egg value being low.

and especially: individual luck is definitely not something that should be grounds on changing the rates. individual players getting less than average is not a sign that the drop rates are too low. its just rng being rng.

the fact that yesterday i got 10 eggs from 80 chests does not mean that the rates need to be reduced, and the fact that i got 1 egg from 80 chests in tuesday does not mean that the rates should be increased (for the record these numbers are actual numbers. i have been keeping track how many chests i have opened and how many eggs i have got on each day since monday). it just means that my luck with rng does not match the average rates. after all its random number generator, not consistent number generator.
the 1% is very small reduction, especially considering how much easier the chests are to obtain. what you lose in the rates can be made up with abundance in chests. while the chest availability changes does not necessarily affect as much on more hardcore players, it has easily doubled or quadrupled the chests more casual players get, and these are important to take in account to avoid driving egg values down too much. there has already been unhappiness among players about not getting desired profits with the egg value being low.

and especially: individual luck is definitely not something that should be grounds on changing the rates. individual players getting less than average is not a sign that the drop rates are too low. its just rng being rng.

the fact that yesterday i got 10 eggs from 80 chests does not mean that the rates need to be reduced, and the fact that i got 1 egg from 80 chests in tuesday does not mean that the rates should be increased (for the record these numbers are actual numbers. i have been keeping track how many chests i have opened and how many eggs i have got on each day since monday). it just means that my luck with rng does not match the average rates. after all its random number generator, not consistent number generator.
horizontal banner that has blue space background, The Arcanist who glows pink, and light pink text that says Thanks Arcanist
Ledi | finland | 10+ fr time | adult | artist & game dev
identity button signifying that user identifies as gayidentity button signifying that user is transgender and uses he pronounsidentity button that signifies that user is autisticidentity button that signifies that user has adhd
no support,

The price of chests is considerably lower on the ah, so I disagree with the idea that the grand exchange isn't changing chest rates. I think a 1% drop is ok, for that trade off
no support,

The price of chests is considerably lower on the ah, so I disagree with the idea that the grand exchange isn't changing chest rates. I think a 1% drop is ok, for that trade off
No support. The rate of eggs dropping is perfectly fine.

I also want to point out that the 73/1040 that the OP gives is a little over 7%. Which feels perfectly within reason for an 8% chance at getting an egg. The 8% is a chance, not a guarantee. OP's gotten more than 7% two days in. That sounds like a percentage balancing out to me.
No support. The rate of eggs dropping is perfectly fine.

I also want to point out that the 73/1040 that the OP gives is a little over 7%. Which feels perfectly within reason for an 8% chance at getting an egg. The 8% is a chance, not a guarantee. OP's gotten more than 7% two days in. That sounds like a percentage balancing out to me.
Feel free to ping me. I love being part of a conversation.
LORE (feel free to use):

Wights/Draugr/Wraiths/Religions/Elements/Dragonkin

PzFNFIJ.png
Ok, glad I found this, because I thought I was just doing spectacularly bad for some reason. I've opened about 200 chests and had 1 egg drop. That's, definitely not an 8% rate. This is the first year I've been able to grind in a while actually, and even last year, with only the gathering turns and a quick coli feeding run to provide chests. I managed to get about 12 eggs before the event was over.
Ok, glad I found this, because I thought I was just doing spectacularly bad for some reason. I've opened about 200 chests and had 1 egg drop. That's, definitely not an 8% rate. This is the first year I've been able to grind in a while actually, and even last year, with only the gathering turns and a quick coli feeding run to provide chests. I managed to get about 12 eggs before the event was over.
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
In theory, it should take 12-13 chests to get one egg. Last year was 11-12 chests. Both do end up as decimals, but I want to present cleaner numbers. Of course, RNG can say otherwise and give you less or more for that rate. It’s just random. I’m neutral on this suggestion because I don’t think it’s a big difference. But chests can add up, and so I can understand the frustration. I just hope the staff takes this suggestion into account for next year.
In theory, it should take 12-13 chests to get one egg. Last year was 11-12 chests. Both do end up as decimals, but I want to present cleaner numbers. Of course, RNG can say otherwise and give you less or more for that rate. It’s just random. I’m neutral on this suggestion because I don’t think it’s a big difference. But chests can add up, and so I can understand the frustration. I just hope the staff takes this suggestion into account for next year.
91423843p.png Avatar
Dragon
7691.png Selling G1s! 196.png Trading Notes for Notes!
Closed
[quote name="Amut" date="2022-12-23 11:20:52" ] Ok, glad I found this, because I thought I was just doing spectacularly bad for some reason. I've opened about 200 chests and had 1 egg drop. That's, definitely not an 8% rate. This is the first year I've been able to grind in a while actually, and even last year, with only the gathering turns and a quick coli feeding run to provide chests. I managed to get about 12 eggs before the event was over. [/quote] This is the thing about lowering the drop rate with FR's particularly streaky RNG: It hits the unluckiest 20x harder. Even a 1% drop nerf will absolutely kill the unluckiest players. Now, if the RNG were not so streaky, I would say fine, 8% is plenty. Because of the RNG we have, I say no way, change it back.
Amut wrote on 2022-12-23 11:20:52:

This is the thing about lowering the drop rate with FR's particularly streaky RNG: It hits the unluckiest 20x harder.

Even a 1% drop nerf will absolutely kill the unluckiest players.

Now, if the RNG were not so streaky, I would say fine, 8% is plenty.

Because of the RNG we have, I say no way, change it back.
86cgLtF.png
[quote name="Volinolona" date="2022-12-22 21:17:05" ] Alright. Y'all frustrating me a little. Let's crunch some numbers, shall we? Let's do... Chests = 9% | 8% 100 = 9 | 8 200 = 18 | 16 300 = 27 | 24 400 = 36 | 32 500 = 45 | 40 600 = 54 | 48 700 = 63 | 56 800 = 72 | 64 900 = 81 | 72 1000 = 90 | 80 BOOP 1100 = 99 | 88 1200 = 108 | 96 1300 = 117 | 104 1400 = 126 | 112 1500 = 135 | 120 1600 = 144 | 128 1700 = 153 | 136 1800 = 162 | 144 1900 = 171 | 152 2000 = 180 | 160 BOOP 2100 = 189 | 168 2200 = 198 | 176 2300 = 207 | 184 2400 = 216 | 192 2500 = 225 | 200 2600 = 234 | 208 2700 = 243 | 216 2800 = 252 | 224 2900 = 261 | 232 3000 = 270 | 240 BOOP 3100 = 379 | 248 3200 = 288 | 256 3300 = 297 | 264 3400 = 306 | 272 3500 = 315 | 280 3600 = 324 | 288 3700 = 333 | 296 3800 = 342 | 304 3900 = 351 | 312 4000 = 360 | 320 To start, it is, quite simply, not possible for the change in drop rate to be 'noticeable' until you're hitting 3000-5000 chests. Any users who have opened under 2500 chests claiming they 'noticed' the difference are just having bad RNG luck. That is all. 2500+, I can accept you maybe noticed it was a bit off, but even then, you're getting into such large numbers that missing 40 eggs at four THOUSAND chests is still something that could be attributed to bad RNG. Honestly, the fact that you lose 100 eggs at TEN THOUSAND CHESTS and you still walk away with 800 eggs is insane to me. Most users are not opening 10k chests. Most users are opening in the low hundreds at most. This change isn't going to impact their egg gathering. It isn't meant to - it's meant to reduce the eggs brought into the site as a whole. If you are bringing in a significant egg numbers by yourself, to the point that your egg haul makes up a noticeable percentage of all the site's earned eggs, yeah, it hurts, but you're still going to contribute 5% of the entire site's count of Unhatched Nocturne Eggs whether the drop rate is 9% or 8%. If you are opening enough chests to actually be noticing the change, you are still walking away with HUNDREDS of eggs. The more you open, the closer you'll get to exactly 8% of the chests dropping the eggs - the higher you go, the closer you are to negating both bad and good RNG. Again, you are still walking away with hundreds of eggs - hundreds of eggs that should be made more valuable, since there will be fewer in circulation. And, to consider, this conversation with my mother, who has been listening to me mutter about this since I checked on this thread again: Me: Mum. I hand you 20000 chests. You open the first 10000 to find 900 eggs. You open the second 10000 to find 800 eggs. Are you butthurt over not getting 100 eggs? Mum: *with zero hesitation* No. I repeat that the change is valid, I stand by my no support. [/quote] @Volinolona Sorry for the ping but I just had to say bless you for doing the math. All the players saying they were "for sure experiencing the decrease" were driving me bananas. Gonna quote you onto this page in the hopes that other players will see this because please people please...please. You're not experiencing a 1% decrease. It is bad RNG. That's it. [quote name="Aliandrin" date="2022-12-23 12:36:54" ] [quote name="Amut" date="2022-12-23 11:20:52" ] Ok, glad I found this, because I thought I was just doing spectacularly bad for some reason. I've opened about 200 chests and had 1 egg drop. That's, definitely not an 8% rate. This is the first year I've been able to grind in a while actually, and even last year, with only the gathering turns and a quick coli feeding run to provide chests. I managed to get about 12 eggs before the event was over. [/quote] This is the thing about lowering the drop rate with FR's particularly streaky RNG: It hits the unluckiest 20x harder. Even a 1% drop nerf will absolutely kill the unluckiest players. Now, if the RNG were not so streaky, I would say fine, 8% is plenty. Because of the RNG we have, I say no way, change it back. [/quote] This isn't how RNG works. There is no "unluckiest" in RNG. It doesn't care. Unless FR's RNG is somehow weighted to give certain players worse odds the more they roll and other players better odds the more they roll, [i]it does not work like that[/i]. What you actually want is a "pity" system in which any player that gets say, "10 unlucky rolls of some kind" gets a pity roll/prize and by all means, please go make a suggestion for that. But it has nothing to do with FR's RNG and it has nothing to do with this decrease. Please. Learn. The Math.
Volinolona wrote on 2022-12-22 21:17:05:
Alright. Y'all frustrating me a little. Let's crunch some numbers, shall we?

Let's do...

Chests = 9% | 8%

100 = 9 | 8
200 = 18 | 16
300 = 27 | 24
400 = 36 | 32
500 = 45 | 40
600 = 54 | 48
700 = 63 | 56
800 = 72 | 64
900 = 81 | 72
1000 = 90 | 80

BOOP

1100 = 99 | 88
1200 = 108 | 96
1300 = 117 | 104
1400 = 126 | 112
1500 = 135 | 120
1600 = 144 | 128
1700 = 153 | 136
1800 = 162 | 144
1900 = 171 | 152
2000 = 180 | 160

BOOP

2100 = 189 | 168
2200 = 198 | 176
2300 = 207 | 184
2400 = 216 | 192
2500 = 225 | 200
2600 = 234 | 208
2700 = 243 | 216
2800 = 252 | 224
2900 = 261 | 232
3000 = 270 | 240

BOOP

3100 = 379 | 248
3200 = 288 | 256
3300 = 297 | 264
3400 = 306 | 272
3500 = 315 | 280
3600 = 324 | 288
3700 = 333 | 296
3800 = 342 | 304
3900 = 351 | 312
4000 = 360 | 320

To start, it is, quite simply, not possible for the change in drop rate to be 'noticeable' until you're hitting 3000-5000 chests. Any users who have opened under 2500 chests claiming they 'noticed' the difference are just having bad RNG luck. That is all. 2500+, I can accept you maybe noticed it was a bit off, but even then, you're getting into such large numbers that missing 40 eggs at four THOUSAND chests is still something that could be attributed to bad RNG. Honestly, the fact that you lose 100 eggs at TEN THOUSAND CHESTS and you still walk away with 800 eggs is insane to me.

Most users are not opening 10k chests. Most users are opening in the low hundreds at most. This change isn't going to impact their egg gathering. It isn't meant to - it's meant to reduce the eggs brought into the site as a whole. If you are bringing in a significant egg numbers by yourself, to the point that your egg haul makes up a noticeable percentage of all the site's earned eggs, yeah, it hurts, but you're still going to contribute 5% of the entire site's count of Unhatched Nocturne Eggs whether the drop rate is 9% or 8%.

If you are opening enough chests to actually be noticing the change, you are still walking away with HUNDREDS of eggs. The more you open, the closer you'll get to exactly 8% of the chests dropping the eggs - the higher you go, the closer you are to negating both bad and good RNG. Again, you are still walking away with hundreds of eggs - hundreds of eggs that should be made more valuable, since there will be fewer in circulation.

And, to consider, this conversation with my mother, who has been listening to me mutter about this since I checked on this thread again:

Me: Mum. I hand you 20000 chests. You open the first 10000 to find 900 eggs. You open the second 10000 to find 800 eggs. Are you butthurt over not getting 100 eggs?

Mum: *with zero hesitation* No.

I repeat that the change is valid, I stand by my no support.

@Volinolona Sorry for the ping but I just had to say bless you for doing the math. All the players saying they were "for sure experiencing the decrease" were driving me bananas.

Gonna quote you onto this page in the hopes that other players will see this because please people please...please. You're not experiencing a 1% decrease. It is bad RNG. That's it.
Aliandrin wrote on 2022-12-23 12:36:54:
Amut wrote on 2022-12-23 11:20:52:

This is the thing about lowering the drop rate with FR's particularly streaky RNG: It hits the unluckiest 20x harder.

Even a 1% drop nerf will absolutely kill the unluckiest players.

Now, if the RNG were not so streaky, I would say fine, 8% is plenty.

Because of the RNG we have, I say no way, change it back.

This isn't how RNG works. There is no "unluckiest" in RNG. It doesn't care.

Unless FR's RNG is somehow weighted to give certain players worse odds the more they roll and other players better odds the more they roll, it does not work like that.

What you actually want is a "pity" system in which any player that gets say, "10 unlucky rolls of some kind" gets a pity roll/prize and by all means, please go make a suggestion for that.

But it has nothing to do with FR's RNG and it has nothing to do with this decrease.

Please. Learn. The Math.
PeoMDYF.pngUxsWBSZ.png
No support. Egg prices drop drastically for the entire year when you can get more chests, since there are more eggs.

You are getting more chests, as somebody who has done six NotNs, not having to rely on swipp has DEFINITELY increased the number of chests I can get, not to mention familiars and such giving off many many more chests than years prior to 2021.

If you are getting more chests, you can get more eggs (assuming you're opening the same proportion, if you open 100 last year and sell the rest, and you open 100 this year and sell the rest, your numbers will be more different). More chests = more eggs. The change in egg rate specifically is to correct this balance. To keep it at 9% would increase the number of eggs dropped overall, and across the entire site that is a lot of eggs.

You are getting MORE chests, so you have the chance of getting MORE eggs, so they reduced the egg drop. To everybody complaining about the number of eggs they're getting being less, it should only be less if you are not bonding with your fams, or grinding less than last year, or not using the Higgins trade. Otherwise it should not be a drastic difference, what staff has told us should not cause a drastic difference. Unless you believe the devs are outright lying to us, there is no reason for a drastic difference.
No support. Egg prices drop drastically for the entire year when you can get more chests, since there are more eggs.

You are getting more chests, as somebody who has done six NotNs, not having to rely on swipp has DEFINITELY increased the number of chests I can get, not to mention familiars and such giving off many many more chests than years prior to 2021.

If you are getting more chests, you can get more eggs (assuming you're opening the same proportion, if you open 100 last year and sell the rest, and you open 100 this year and sell the rest, your numbers will be more different). More chests = more eggs. The change in egg rate specifically is to correct this balance. To keep it at 9% would increase the number of eggs dropped overall, and across the entire site that is a lot of eggs.

You are getting MORE chests, so you have the chance of getting MORE eggs, so they reduced the egg drop. To everybody complaining about the number of eggs they're getting being less, it should only be less if you are not bonding with your fams, or grinding less than last year, or not using the Higgins trade. Otherwise it should not be a drastic difference, what staff has told us should not cause a drastic difference. Unless you believe the devs are outright lying to us, there is no reason for a drastic difference.

Rein
She/Her
FR+1
secret message! secret message! in the signature!
secret, secret, secret, secret message!
right_ghosty.gif
80247290.png
"One day you will be old enough to
start reading fairytales again."
This is the time of the year where I do heavy grinding in the Coli. I'm not seeing chests drop at a good rate in the coli. I'm seeing lower chest percentages from my runs of 1000 kills in an area.

Scorched forest gave me 15 chests in 1001 kills.
Mire has more enemies but the risk is it's a slower grind and higher dodge chances AND 2 strong boss mobs. Mire gave me 24 chests in 1003 kills, but it took me longer to get to 1000 kills because of the pace.

And no, I don't buy chests from the store because the amount of mats required. I save my mats in case I need them for other store items or if Baldwin needs them for stuff.

So in order to get eggs with other peoples math posts people need to get a high amount of chests. And people say the prices are cheep on the AH. That price adds up quickly. Stacks of chests last time I checked, were expensive.

The most chests I've gotten that wasn't coli was bonding with familiars where I get roughly 80 to 100 chests.

But hardly any from coli.

People should be able to enjoy playing this event how THEY want. I should be able to grind the coli if I want and not have to spend hours bonding with familiars.

It's not fun anymore.

Opened 190 chests so far. Just frustrating.

Chests have a lower rate of dropping in the coli. Each chest is an 8% chance to get an egg. It's not really rng. It's every time you open 1 chest you have 8% chance of getting an egg.

Normally you get a small amount of gold and 1 item per chest opening. Sometimes 2 or more. The most I've seen for my single openings was 2 items and some gold.

The loot table for the chests you have better percents for stuff that isn't an egg. Probably something like:
Familiars (higher percentage)
Apparel (higher percentage)
Genes (probably 9-10%)
Nocturne scroll (probably 9-10%)
Egg (8%)

So each "opening" it is just picking from the list in the loot table. The chest is a gamble, but to even get a chest you either have to buy it or farm it. I would rather farm my chests.

(13 eggs / 190 chests) * 100 = 6.8%

Below the 8%, but that's not even factoring trying to get chests to drop from my coli farming.
This is the time of the year where I do heavy grinding in the Coli. I'm not seeing chests drop at a good rate in the coli. I'm seeing lower chest percentages from my runs of 1000 kills in an area.

Scorched forest gave me 15 chests in 1001 kills.
Mire has more enemies but the risk is it's a slower grind and higher dodge chances AND 2 strong boss mobs. Mire gave me 24 chests in 1003 kills, but it took me longer to get to 1000 kills because of the pace.

And no, I don't buy chests from the store because the amount of mats required. I save my mats in case I need them for other store items or if Baldwin needs them for stuff.

So in order to get eggs with other peoples math posts people need to get a high amount of chests. And people say the prices are cheep on the AH. That price adds up quickly. Stacks of chests last time I checked, were expensive.

The most chests I've gotten that wasn't coli was bonding with familiars where I get roughly 80 to 100 chests.

But hardly any from coli.

People should be able to enjoy playing this event how THEY want. I should be able to grind the coli if I want and not have to spend hours bonding with familiars.

It's not fun anymore.

Opened 190 chests so far. Just frustrating.

Chests have a lower rate of dropping in the coli. Each chest is an 8% chance to get an egg. It's not really rng. It's every time you open 1 chest you have 8% chance of getting an egg.

Normally you get a small amount of gold and 1 item per chest opening. Sometimes 2 or more. The most I've seen for my single openings was 2 items and some gold.

The loot table for the chests you have better percents for stuff that isn't an egg. Probably something like:
Familiars (higher percentage)
Apparel (higher percentage)
Genes (probably 9-10%)
Nocturne scroll (probably 9-10%)
Egg (8%)

So each "opening" it is just picking from the list in the loot table. The chest is a gamble, but to even get a chest you either have to buy it or farm it. I would rather farm my chests.

(13 eggs / 190 chests) * 100 = 6.8%

Below the 8%, but that's not even factoring trying to get chests to drop from my coli farming.
FObX7rS.png
89Dad3a.png
ld1Fjwz.png
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 20 21