Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | [NotN] Change egg rates back to 9%.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 20 21
Yes, so much support! The explanation given for the lowered rate does not quite make sense, imo. The number of chests would have gone up if we had significantly more loot or a higher appearance rate of enemies. But they don't seem to crop up any more frequently than last year. (at least not as far as I can tell) A new way to trade only changes the "when" not the "what/how many". So lowering the egg rate was not the right choice here. Also: [quote name="Xairathan" date="2022-12-20 04:34:12" ] [...] However, I think that if this change is to be made permanent, there needs to be a formal public disclosure of the modified rate in a way that is widely viewable and accessible by the FR user base. [...] [/quote] Undel should not have to explain the change in a random discussion thread, that stuff should be divulged on a larger scale, for instance in the news post for the event.
Yes, so much support!

The explanation given for the lowered rate does not quite make sense, imo. The number of chests would have gone up if we had significantly more loot or a higher appearance rate of enemies. But they don't seem to crop up any more frequently than last year. (at least not as far as I can tell)

A new way to trade only changes the "when" not the "what/how many". So lowering the egg rate was not the right choice here.

Also:
Xairathan wrote on 2022-12-20 04:34:12:
[...]
However, I think that if this change is to be made permanent, there needs to be a formal public disclosure of the modified rate in a way that is widely viewable and accessible by the FR user base.
[...]

Undel should not have to explain the change in a random discussion thread, that stuff should be divulged on a larger scale, for instance in the news post for the event.
9-F6-B0762-E746-471-B-9-A5-C-C2-D0-B32-B0-BB9.png
@Tazmir
Just an FYI - specific mimics drop specific items for the trades. If you're in one or two locations all the time, you'll end up unbalanced. Normal enemies drop all items with an even spread.
@Tazmir
Just an FYI - specific mimics drop specific items for the trades. If you're in one or two locations all the time, you'll end up unbalanced. Normal enemies drop all items with an even spread.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
It’s a very slight nerf. I don’t think it necessarily needs to be reverted. Of course everyone would like higher egg rates but considering that chests have become easier to get over time it makes sense to try to balance it out. A 1% decrease is negligible. Any more than that and I’d say ok, maybe it’s an issue. But for all those who are saying they’re noticing getting less eggs than last year, i really think it might just be bad luck for the most part. Those who get bad luck with eggs are far more likely to post about it, so it makes it look like things are worse than they are. Others are having average or even good luck, they just don’t feel the need to post about it as much. You can scan the forums and see for yourself. Threads like this pop up every holiday, you’ll see it during festivals often, people always think the chest rates have been nerfed when it’s just luck. But now that there has been a small nerf to eggs people are up in arms. If Undel hadn’t outright said the egg rates had been changed I don’t think most people would have noticed.

Of course I’m glad she did say so. But my point is things are really not that different.
It’s a very slight nerf. I don’t think it necessarily needs to be reverted. Of course everyone would like higher egg rates but considering that chests have become easier to get over time it makes sense to try to balance it out. A 1% decrease is negligible. Any more than that and I’d say ok, maybe it’s an issue. But for all those who are saying they’re noticing getting less eggs than last year, i really think it might just be bad luck for the most part. Those who get bad luck with eggs are far more likely to post about it, so it makes it look like things are worse than they are. Others are having average or even good luck, they just don’t feel the need to post about it as much. You can scan the forums and see for yourself. Threads like this pop up every holiday, you’ll see it during festivals often, people always think the chest rates have been nerfed when it’s just luck. But now that there has been a small nerf to eggs people are up in arms. If Undel hadn’t outright said the egg rates had been changed I don’t think most people would have noticed.

Of course I’m glad she did say so. But my point is things are really not that different.
m87ieVe.png
No support, if anything I think a 1% change is probably a slight undercompensation for how many more places there are to get chests now. Not saying they should decrease it even more, but I think the change is negligible.
No support, if anything I think a 1% change is probably a slight undercompensation for how many more places there are to get chests now. Not saying they should decrease it even more, but I think the change is negligible.
> My tumblr
> My AO3
X
An angry-looking night elf woman with short green hair and a burn scar on her left cheek, looking to the viewer's right.A night elf woman with purple facial tattoos and purple hair, looking at the viewer with a confident smirk.
she/her | 18+ | FR+2 | brain full of night elves
>> Avatar
>> I love pings!
>> PixelZ, not PixelS!
xxxdont%20feed%20the%20ai.gif
I agree, or at the very least if they had to drop the % chance of eggs, MAKE MIMIC POWDER NOT A SCAM TO USE!
Seriously, this has been a request by many and wouldn't have been hard to do something about. Even if it's like 1 chest to trade 500 powder or something absurd like that.
I agree, or at the very least if they had to drop the % chance of eggs, MAKE MIMIC POWDER NOT A SCAM TO USE!
Seriously, this has been a request by many and wouldn't have been hard to do something about. Even if it's like 1 chest to trade 500 powder or something absurd like that.
natureshieldl.pngPlease PM if I missed your ping.natureshieldr.png
[quote name="DeathbyPixelz" date="2022-12-20 06:45:50" ] No support, if anything I think a 1% change is probably a slight undercompensation for how many more places there are to get chests now. Not saying they should decrease it even more, but I think the change is negligible. [/quote] Considering that a chest needs at least 20 of a specific item and there are a dozen different items, the "many more places" is not a valid point - perhaps I am just unlucky, but yesterday I needed only 6 items for one of the trades, and my bonding with ~30 familiars, crim, tomo, baldwin, arlo and exalting didn't get me those items I needed and only one or two chests. You are not at a 0 chests if you don't use coli but not using coli (grinding) is barely better and egg percentage affects both coli grinders and those that cannot. Besides that, I agree with Xairathan's point the most: important information shouldn't be buried somewhere in random threads. For example, I completely accidentally saw the information about the extra 15 gathering turns because I misclicked the "next staff post" arrow... and I had already gathered, so those extra points, technically meant for me specifically, would have been lost.
DeathbyPixelz wrote on 2022-12-20 06:45:50:

Considering that a chest needs at least 20 of a specific item and there are a dozen different items, the "many more places" is not a valid point - perhaps I am just unlucky, but yesterday I needed only 6 items for one of the trades, and my bonding with ~30 familiars, crim, tomo, baldwin, arlo and exalting didn't get me those items I needed and only one or two chests. You are not at a 0 chests if you don't use coli but not using coli (grinding) is barely better and egg percentage affects both coli grinders and those that cannot.

Besides that, I agree with Xairathan's point the most: important information shouldn't be buried somewhere in random threads. For example, I completely accidentally saw the information about the extra 15 gathering turns because I misclicked the "next staff post" arrow... and I had already gathered, so those extra points, technically meant for me specifically, would have been lost.
JQQ3Fjt.png
[quote name="Temora" date="2022-12-20 05:48:53" ] It’s a very slight nerf. I don’t think it necessarily needs to be reverted. Of course everyone would like higher egg rates but considering that chests have become easier to get over time it makes sense to try to balance it out. A 1% decrease is negligible. Any more than that and I’d say ok, maybe it’s an issue. But for all those who are saying they’re noticing getting less eggs than last year, i really think it might just be bad luck for the most part. Those who get bad luck with eggs are far more likely to post about it, so it makes it look like things are worse than they are. Others are having average or even good luck, they just don’t feel the need to post about it as much. You can scan the forums and see for yourself. Threads like this pop up every holiday, you’ll see it during festivals often, people always think the chest rates have been nerfed when it’s just luck. But now that there has been a small nerf to eggs people are up in arms. If Undel hadn’t outright said the egg rates had been changed I don’t think most people would have noticed. Of course I’m glad she did say so. But my point is things are really not that different. [/quote] Given that the change was immediately noticed within the playerbase and threads were made about it a few hours after the event started, I'd say that was pretty obvious that there IS a noticeable issue here. it is not luck or bad RNG. If that were the case, there wouldn't be nearly as many people complaining.
Temora wrote on 2022-12-20 05:48:53:

Given that the change was immediately noticed within the playerbase and threads were made about it a few hours after the event started, I'd say that was pretty obvious that there IS a noticeable issue here. it is not luck or bad RNG. If that were the case, there wouldn't be nearly as many people complaining.
[quote name="Coop7011" date="2022-12-20 06:47:57" ] I agree, or at the very least if they had to drop the % chance of eggs, MAKE MIMIC POWDER NOT A SCAM TO USE! Seriously, this has been a request by many and wouldn't have been hard to do something about. Even if it's like 1 chest to trade 500 powder or something absurd like that. [/quote] Agree + please for the love of god, i have a billion mimic powders sitting in my hoard and my only plan is to hoardsell all of them when the event ends At least let us turn them into Night of the Nocturne familiars or something, they're [i]mimic powder[/i] after all!
Coop7011 wrote on 2022-12-20 06:47:57:

Agree + please for the love of god, i have a billion mimic powders sitting in my hoard and my only plan is to hoardsell all of them when the event ends

At least let us turn them into Night of the Nocturne familiars or something, they're mimic powder after all!
beastclantop.png
Support because it won't really effect my gameplay, so I mean why not?

However, I'm really confused by everyone talking about how much worse their egg drop rates are. Mine seem pretty standard. Haven't really been opening many since I'm a seller, but I've gotten probably 10 or so eggs so far. Probably only have opened like 30-40 chests max since I've sold the rest of em. I splurged and opened 10 at a time instead of selling because I was bored and got 2 eggs.

Maybe I'm just really lucky, but I can't help but think part of the backlash is just personal bias in all honesty. If devs hadn't announced there was a 1% drop, no one would have said anything. Sometimes rng favors you and sometimes it doesn't.
Support because it won't really effect my gameplay, so I mean why not?

However, I'm really confused by everyone talking about how much worse their egg drop rates are. Mine seem pretty standard. Haven't really been opening many since I'm a seller, but I've gotten probably 10 or so eggs so far. Probably only have opened like 30-40 chests max since I've sold the rest of em. I splurged and opened 10 at a time instead of selling because I was bored and got 2 eggs.

Maybe I'm just really lucky, but I can't help but think part of the backlash is just personal bias in all honesty. If devs hadn't announced there was a 1% drop, no one would have said anything. Sometimes rng favors you and sometimes it doesn't.
tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif
> +3 FR
>She/Her
>Stuck in G1 Hell
Not going to say much, but here it goes:
I support this. I have only 1 nocturne egg from scavenging and opening chests. Also, for the newbies who are experiencing their first NOTN, they probably saw you can get eggs, and they get NOTHING. No eggs. It’s just a bit unfair to the new players that want to get some G1s during a holiday that gives out eggs for free.
I was hoping to get 10-15 eggs since it my first NOTN, and I got 1 and I was super excited, hoping to get a few more, and I haven’t gotten anymore. I don’t know how any of this works since it’s my first time. But I’d love for the percentage to go up.
It’s the developers choice if they want to change it or keep it.
I support this.
But, I don’t want to cause an argument, so I’ll be leaving, bye :)
Not going to say much, but here it goes:
I support this. I have only 1 nocturne egg from scavenging and opening chests. Also, for the newbies who are experiencing their first NOTN, they probably saw you can get eggs, and they get NOTHING. No eggs. It’s just a bit unfair to the new players that want to get some G1s during a holiday that gives out eggs for free.
I was hoping to get 10-15 eggs since it my first NOTN, and I got 1 and I was super excited, hoping to get a few more, and I haven’t gotten anymore. I don’t know how any of this works since it’s my first time. But I’d love for the percentage to go up.
It’s the developers choice if they want to change it or keep it.
I support this.
But, I don’t want to cause an argument, so I’ll be leaving, bye :)
take care of yourself, you rock! >:D
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 20 21