Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Coliseum Bounty Trading Post NPC
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 50 51
[quote name="Gryphire" date="2021-07-20 09:22:40" ] (Me being extremely confused as to why this has such a positive reception when the recent ‘missions’ suggestion did not and they are the same exact thing except this is Coli only…) Support? But I agree with Jemander. I want small quests/missions/tasks that encompasses a variety of the site’s features. Why choose to have this limited to only Coli? The fact that some people are unable to use Coli is a valid argument (It is not just the captchas). Locking people out of exclusive content is the issue. I fail to see how the extra fest currency they can earn now is supposed to even this out. I get very unmotivated myself for the Coli but that is largely because I can’t train fodder anywhere but Mire, the Ruins and Kelp beds. I am so unbelievably sick of looking at them, but it is not cost effective to go anywhere else. G&G of the Coli. I don’t think that this idea is really going to fix that issue. Like I said support, because I want the site to give us more optional tasks to do, I just think cutting every part of the site but Coli isn’t the way to go. Keep the Gaoler idea, it’s neat. LittleMoons’ idea of making it a bit like Fiona in different level of tasks sounds also sounds great. [/quote] this is limited to only the coli because it is intended to make coliseum battling a better experience - something that interacts with different site features is something else entirely. hell, if both were added, one such quest could be to do a bounty or two. but this is aimed at improving the coli experience first and foremost and tackling some of the current system's flaws. if you want a different quest system then by all means, suggest that! but this particular suggestion is focused on making coliseum actually enjoyable. also "locking people out of exclusive content" is an issue that is beyond the scope of this suggestion. last week saw a new coli-exclusive apparel set added. tons of things are coli-exclusive. at that point i think you're better off asking staff directly to fix that issue, but it's not a good reason why the coli should not get new features - especially not features meant to make the coliseum more accessible (so more people can use it) in the first place.
Gryphire wrote on 2021-07-20 09:22:40:
(Me being extremely confused as to why this has such a positive reception when the recent ‘missions’ suggestion did not and they are the same exact thing except this is Coli only…)

Support? But I agree with Jemander. I want small quests/missions/tasks that encompasses a variety of the site’s features. Why choose to have this limited to only Coli? The fact that some people are unable to use Coli is a valid argument (It is not just the captchas). Locking people out of exclusive content is the issue. I fail to see how the extra fest currency they can earn now is supposed to even this out.

I get very unmotivated myself for the Coli but that is largely because I can’t train fodder anywhere but Mire, the Ruins and Kelp beds. I am so unbelievably sick of looking at them, but it is not cost effective to go anywhere else. G&G of the Coli. I don’t think that this idea is really going to fix that issue.

Like I said support, because I want the site to give us more optional tasks to do, I just think cutting every part of the site but Coli isn’t the way to go. Keep the Gaoler idea, it’s neat. LittleMoons’ idea of making it a bit like Fiona in different level of tasks sounds also sounds great.

this is limited to only the coli because it is intended to make coliseum battling a better experience - something that interacts with different site features is something else entirely. hell, if both were added, one such quest could be to do a bounty or two. but this is aimed at improving the coli experience first and foremost and tackling some of the current system's flaws.

if you want a different quest system then by all means, suggest that! but this particular suggestion is focused on making coliseum actually enjoyable.

also "locking people out of exclusive content" is an issue that is beyond the scope of this suggestion. last week saw a new coli-exclusive apparel set added. tons of things are coli-exclusive. at that point i think you're better off asking staff directly to fix that issue, but it's not a good reason why the coli should not get new features - especially not features meant to make the coliseum more accessible (so more people can use it) in the first place.
bkxiiMw.png MlJMkHy.gif bkxiiMw.png bkxiiMw.png
hi! i'm meteor.
check out some of my projects? → or the coliseum bounty npc suggestion!

» the bestiary outfit project
» cross-flight outfit project
» 100x100 bio icons
» accent shop
big support!! coli really needs a lot of improvements and i think this would help a lot. coli in its current mode feels so unrewarding and grindy, shorter missions like this would be really nice and work well for people like me who can't spend hours a day grinding!
big support!! coli really needs a lot of improvements and i think this would help a lot. coli in its current mode feels so unrewarding and grindy, shorter missions like this would be really nice and work well for people like me who can't spend hours a day grinding!
.......413ed94a7ed081423339dc9ad221e7783e66a715.png....
2c5d77634624e02aa8c1f95d43873fcbc89a7efd.png.....
A0CDXxc.png
yessssss this would be fun!
yessssss this would be fun!
Xlk1AUGw_o.png
the reason I dont feel the coliseum 'needs' more incentive/new features like this is simply because it is already a huge part of the site. I *like* that they are 'decentralizing' focus from the coliseum, and I feel this starts putting that focus back on the coliesum, which, in my opinion, doesnt' need it. Other mechanics need the focus just as much, if not more, than the coliseum.

as said there are already exclusive content available in the coliseum, so it doesn't really need more exclusive content.

As for why I don't want coliseum focused quest? why have two different quest systems that do the same thing, but one is focused on only the coliseum, while the other hits all other mechanics? why not just combine those two quest systems into one.
the reason I dont feel the coliseum 'needs' more incentive/new features like this is simply because it is already a huge part of the site. I *like* that they are 'decentralizing' focus from the coliseum, and I feel this starts putting that focus back on the coliesum, which, in my opinion, doesnt' need it. Other mechanics need the focus just as much, if not more, than the coliseum.

as said there are already exclusive content available in the coliseum, so it doesn't really need more exclusive content.

As for why I don't want coliseum focused quest? why have two different quest systems that do the same thing, but one is focused on only the coliseum, while the other hits all other mechanics? why not just combine those two quest systems into one.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/JNBoSVl.png[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/UEmamqv.png[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/DQN6nQh.png[/img][/center] some more examples~
JNBoSVl.pngUEmamqv.pngDQN6nQh.png

some more examples~
bkxiiMw.png MlJMkHy.gif bkxiiMw.png bkxiiMw.png
hi! i'm meteor.
check out some of my projects? → or the coliseum bounty npc suggestion!

» the bestiary outfit project
» cross-flight outfit project
» 100x100 bio icons
» accent shop
i really like this in concept - in execution, i'm curious how the site would be able to track the number of battles or specific monsters being fought (if that's something the coliseum as it exists now can easily support).

that said, strong support for the idea of multiple daily bounties paired with longer-term goals (fiona style, or maybe just rewards that come per number of bounties completed?). i'm deeply susceptible to Watch Numbers Go Up but i've been having a hard time self-motivating to work on my exalt count (the only coli-related make-number-go-up mechanic currently extant, afaik)
i really like this in concept - in execution, i'm curious how the site would be able to track the number of battles or specific monsters being fought (if that's something the coliseum as it exists now can easily support).

that said, strong support for the idea of multiple daily bounties paired with longer-term goals (fiona style, or maybe just rewards that come per number of bounties completed?). i'm deeply susceptible to Watch Numbers Go Up but i've been having a hard time self-motivating to work on my exalt count (the only coli-related make-number-go-up mechanic currently extant, afaik)
oYd3ccR.png xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
seeking XYZ (or any double!) g1 with
coral, clay, & gloom in any order

fr +0
he/him
It continually blows my mind that every time someone says "we should improve the coli experience somewhat" inevitably someone comes out of the woodwork to screech about how "unfair" it would be to add any incentives to the coli at all - the discourse around Python and Morph springs to mind, and I encountered much the same when I suggested secret/hidden venues abt a year ago

I love this idea, full support. The coliseum needs to grow and evolve just like any other part of this site, and should offer more engaging features over time, not less. If so-and-so doesn't enjoy the coli and never will, then that's a them problem
It continually blows my mind that every time someone says "we should improve the coli experience somewhat" inevitably someone comes out of the woodwork to screech about how "unfair" it would be to add any incentives to the coli at all - the discourse around Python and Morph springs to mind, and I encountered much the same when I suggested secret/hidden venues abt a year ago

I love this idea, full support. The coliseum needs to grow and evolve just like any other part of this site, and should offer more engaging features over time, not less. If so-and-so doesn't enjoy the coli and never will, then that's a them problem
tumblr_static_borrzsxt3s0gkc4w80c8ok4k0.pngtumblr_of3qldbjBv1rxsxifo1_r6_100.png
Talk of what parts do and do not need attention on the site are completely irrelevant to this topic. Other things that are off topic and do not belong in this thread is mentioning the fight for disability options and missions for other aspects of the site.

Take your ideas and make your own thread. I am very much so talking to you Jemadar.

Anyways, excellent idea. I also enjoy the fiona-style addition someone else mentioned. Your mock-up is also very nice.
Talk of what parts do and do not need attention on the site are completely irrelevant to this topic. Other things that are off topic and do not belong in this thread is mentioning the fight for disability options and missions for other aspects of the site.

Take your ideas and make your own thread. I am very much so talking to you Jemadar.

Anyways, excellent idea. I also enjoy the fiona-style addition someone else mentioned. Your mock-up is also very nice.
15gb95M.gif
Any pronoun|FR +0|I like dragons
5qSZZX6.gif
I think this is an awesome idea! Coli has the potential to be cool and fun instead of soul sucking and grindy, and this is a great idea to add some life to it! It also would bring coli more in line with other aspects of the site's activities!
I think this is an awesome idea! Coli has the potential to be cool and fun instead of soul sucking and grindy, and this is a great idea to add some life to it! It also would bring coli more in line with other aspects of the site's activities!
Ljw7JvQ.png AT3eNmS.png
SKeDIUd.png fdUVIfW.png
YSzj7vC.png rUxTdhn.png
J7D1quC.png YMPbu9R.png
Big support! My main goal in the coliseum is to get all of the familiars (which I've achieved, barring one of the recent Delta and one GW boss) and coli-unique drops (also got), and to level all of my permies to 25 (also achieved, barring my newest acquisitions). Otherwise, I only ever sit in the highest level venues training fodder.

Having something like this, which encourages me to play around in multiple venues, would be a great incentive for me to sit somewhere that isn't Mire or Golem Workshop. The Hibernal Den did this as well, which was great, but obviously once I got the stuff I just moved on to the next venue with no reason to return again, so it still didn't provide a long-term encouragement to battle in the other venues, especially the mid-level ones (during festivals/events I go to the lowest venues for the fastest battles).

This would provide an ongoing motivation to battle in all venues with (for someone like me with all level 25s) even odds regarding which venue I'm sent to each time. I do agree it needs to be balanced towards what level dragons people have - if there's no feasible way to auto-calculate based directly on a lair, perhaps there could be a manual selection upon arriving at the NPC to select the highest level you're happy to potentially face?

The coliseum is just one aspect of the site, that's true, but like all the aspects I feel it deserves upgrades and new ways of interacting with it. Hopefully one day we will have other major features on par with it for site importance (I, for one, am still eagerly awaiting the day we finally get Adventure Mode!), and I am delighted with the Festival/Effort updates giving unique drops from all major aspects of the site (which got me to touch things like Crim for the first time in years) instead of being heavily skewed towards coliseum grinding, but as an addition/improvement to the coliseum experience, I am in full support of this idea.
Big support! My main goal in the coliseum is to get all of the familiars (which I've achieved, barring one of the recent Delta and one GW boss) and coli-unique drops (also got), and to level all of my permies to 25 (also achieved, barring my newest acquisitions). Otherwise, I only ever sit in the highest level venues training fodder.

Having something like this, which encourages me to play around in multiple venues, would be a great incentive for me to sit somewhere that isn't Mire or Golem Workshop. The Hibernal Den did this as well, which was great, but obviously once I got the stuff I just moved on to the next venue with no reason to return again, so it still didn't provide a long-term encouragement to battle in the other venues, especially the mid-level ones (during festivals/events I go to the lowest venues for the fastest battles).

This would provide an ongoing motivation to battle in all venues with (for someone like me with all level 25s) even odds regarding which venue I'm sent to each time. I do agree it needs to be balanced towards what level dragons people have - if there's no feasible way to auto-calculate based directly on a lair, perhaps there could be a manual selection upon arriving at the NPC to select the highest level you're happy to potentially face?

The coliseum is just one aspect of the site, that's true, but like all the aspects I feel it deserves upgrades and new ways of interacting with it. Hopefully one day we will have other major features on par with it for site importance (I, for one, am still eagerly awaiting the day we finally get Adventure Mode!), and I am delighted with the Festival/Effort updates giving unique drops from all major aspects of the site (which got me to touch things like Crim for the first time in years) instead of being heavily skewed towards coliseum grinding, but as an addition/improvement to the coliseum experience, I am in full support of this idea.
Tsari; she/her; FR+8
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 50 51