Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Coliseum Bounty Trading Post NPC
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 50 51
Yes, full support! The coli, at least for me, fails at intrinsic motivation and struggles with extrinsic motivation. The coli is just flat out boring, so I'm not motivated to go play in it just for the sake of playing. (And while slightly off topic, I don't think this will ever be fixed simply because the ways to make the coli more intresting would utterly ruin the current meta and make a lot of people angry as a result... Kinda rightfully so given how expensive elims are.)

But rewards are super slow as well! Leveling up takes forever. RNG makes getting the really good stuff you want random. The rewards come in so slowly that I struggle to motivate myself to play in order to get them unless they're something I really want/need.

So something extra to give more rewards is quite frankly needed, and I think this is a good way to do things! I personally think the number of enemies to defeat should be kept on the lower end - otherwise bad RNG may cause them to take too long - but this is more about the general idea than the exacts on how it should work so...

Anyways, I do support this and I hope it or something simmilar is implemented!
Yes, full support! The coli, at least for me, fails at intrinsic motivation and struggles with extrinsic motivation. The coli is just flat out boring, so I'm not motivated to go play in it just for the sake of playing. (And while slightly off topic, I don't think this will ever be fixed simply because the ways to make the coli more intresting would utterly ruin the current meta and make a lot of people angry as a result... Kinda rightfully so given how expensive elims are.)

But rewards are super slow as well! Leveling up takes forever. RNG makes getting the really good stuff you want random. The rewards come in so slowly that I struggle to motivate myself to play in order to get them unless they're something I really want/need.

So something extra to give more rewards is quite frankly needed, and I think this is a good way to do things! I personally think the number of enemies to defeat should be kept on the lower end - otherwise bad RNG may cause them to take too long - but this is more about the general idea than the exacts on how it should work so...

Anyways, I do support this and I hope it or something simmilar is implemented!
jPdGQf9.gifForum_sig.png
[quote name="Gryphire" date="2021-07-20 11:56:47" ] Why would I make a separate suggestion for the exact SAME thing as this but something that pulls from every area of the site, thus making it more consistent? [/quote] because [b]it is not the same thing[/b]. this is focused on COLISEUM, and making coli more enjoyable. i've made that clear many times already. [quote name="Gryphire" date="2021-07-20 11:56:47" ] Which, by the way, was already posted by someone else a few weeks ago. And I posted full support already. [/quote] not everyone is in the suggestions forum constantly. not everyone remembers a thread they might've seen "a few weeks ago". [quote name="Gryphire" date="2021-07-20 11:56:47" ] Why would I make a separate suggestion for the exact SAME thing as this but something that pulls from every area of the site, thus making it more consistent? [/quote] because it's a different suggestion, which therefore warrants a different thread. [quote name="Gryphire" date="2021-07-20 11:56:47" ] The Coli is the biggest consistent money maker on this site. Maybe not for you personally, but it is the one thing where you can keep grinding for hours and hours and keep getting rewards. There isn’t an end. That is plenty of an incentive. [/quote] that's not nearly as much as an incentive as you think it is. there's a reason why coli challenges are so popular, and it's because people like having tasks with end goals. it becomes boring otherwise. [quote name="Gryphire" date="2021-07-20 11:56:47" ] As for the argument that this a spruce up to the Coli, making it more exciting? Kind of? Maybe? Nothing in this suggestion is going to make it any less boring or tedious. This won’t change the core problem of people being stuck in the same venue again and again and losing motivation because they are tired of looking at them. [/quote] people aren't going to be stuck in the same venue because that's literally the entire point of the suggestion. bounties are intended to make coli grinding more varied. and more than enough people in this thread and offsite have already said they see this working for them, so if you personally don't think it benefits you, that's up to you. this isn't meant for people who think coli already has "plenty of incentive", it's meant to help those who [i]don't[/i] think that. it gives you short and achievable goals that let you break up your grinding into chunks. it gives you an actual end point. anyways i'm getting tired of having to explain the same point over and over again. i think it's best if you make a separate thread for your idea because it is fundamentally different from what i am suggesting and i don't have the energy to make that clear again.
Gryphire wrote on 2021-07-20 11:56:47:
Why would I make a separate suggestion for the exact SAME thing as this but something that pulls from every area of the site, thus making it more consistent?

because it is not the same thing. this is focused on COLISEUM, and making coli more enjoyable. i've made that clear many times already.
Which, by the way, was already posted by someone else a few weeks ago. And I posted full support already.

not everyone is in the suggestions forum constantly. not everyone remembers a thread they might've seen "a few weeks ago".
Why would I make a separate suggestion for the exact SAME thing as this but something that pulls from every area of the site, thus making it more consistent?

because it's a different suggestion, which therefore warrants a different thread.
The Coli is the biggest consistent money maker on this site. Maybe not for you personally, but it is the one thing where you can keep grinding for hours and hours and keep getting rewards. There isn’t an end. That is plenty of an incentive.

that's not nearly as much as an incentive as you think it is. there's a reason why coli challenges are so popular, and it's because people like having tasks with end goals. it becomes boring otherwise.
As for the argument that this a spruce up to the Coli, making it more exciting? Kind of? Maybe? Nothing in this suggestion is going to make it any less boring or tedious. This won’t change the core problem of people being stuck in the same venue again and again and losing motivation because they are tired of looking at them.

people aren't going to be stuck in the same venue because that's literally the entire point of the suggestion. bounties are intended to make coli grinding more varied. and more than enough people in this thread and offsite have already said they see this working for them, so if you personally don't think it benefits you, that's up to you. this isn't meant for people who think coli already has "plenty of incentive", it's meant to help those who don't think that. it gives you short and achievable goals that let you break up your grinding into chunks. it gives you an actual end point.

anyways i'm getting tired of having to explain the same point over and over again. i think it's best if you make a separate thread for your idea because it is fundamentally different from what i am suggesting and i don't have the energy to make that clear again.
bkxiiMw.png MlJMkHy.gif bkxiiMw.png bkxiiMw.png
hi! i'm meteor.
check out some of my projects? → or the coliseum bounty npc suggestion!

» the bestiary outfit project
» cross-flight outfit project
» 100x100 bio icons
» accent shop
[quote name="Gryphire" date="2021-07-20 11:56:47" ] I’m not sure why there is a violent pushback[/quote] It is not violent. The idea is enough of a deviation from OPs idea that it deserves it's own thread. I'm sure many here would support you if you combined the ideas in a separate thread and linked back here as inspiration. If the idea already exists, go bump that thread. A mission system for other aspects of the site with NPCs dedicated to each is not a bad idea. This post is just specifically about a coliseum one, and should be kept as such as is OPs wish.
I’m not sure why there is a violent pushback
It is not violent. The idea is enough of a deviation from OPs idea that it deserves it's own thread. I'm sure many here would support you if you combined the ideas in a separate thread and linked back here as inspiration. If the idea already exists, go bump that thread.

A mission system for other aspects of the site with NPCs dedicated to each is not a bad idea. This post is just specifically about a coliseum one, and should be kept as such as is OPs wish.
15gb95M.gif
Any pronoun|FR +0|I like dragons
5qSZZX6.gif
my entire issue with this is that I do not want another mechanic focused only on the coliseum. Period. New venues? Great! New items to be found? even better!

An entire new mechanic devoted entirely to the coliseum? no.

To me this would be like putting up 'bounties' to play fairgrounds games. Each day a different 'fairground game' was targeted. I wouldn't want a mechanic focused entirely on that, nor on a mechanic that focuses entirely on baldwin or any other site mechanic.

It doesn't make sense to me to make entire new mechanics (and trading post NPCs) that only focus on a singular other mechanic. Even baldwin and swipp have more interaction with various other mechanics than this would.

Especially a mechanic that is already pretty heavily focused on already.

This is why I have supported other suggestions that were for all mechanics, or made the same statements like I have here, because I do not want a non-coli mechanic that is focused entirely on the coli.

I understand that some people need short term goals that help them focus on the little picture rather than the big, but that is the same for all other mechanics as well, so why should the coliseum be 'special' in getting a mechanic focused solely on it, when other mechanics are either left out entirely or have to 'share' a single mechanic?

Something like this could still be used for that, but it could also help players get into other mechanics that they don't touch now, or can't find the motivation to do. Exact same reasons for having this works for it being multi-mechanic rather than single mechanic.
my entire issue with this is that I do not want another mechanic focused only on the coliseum. Period. New venues? Great! New items to be found? even better!

To me this would be like putting up 'bounties' to play fairgrounds games. Each day a different 'fairground game' was targeted. I wouldn't want a mechanic focused entirely on that, nor on a mechanic that focuses entirely on baldwin or any other site mechanic.

It doesn't make sense to me to make entire new mechanics (and trading post NPCs) that only focus on a singular other mechanic. Even baldwin and swipp have more interaction with various other mechanics than this would.

This is why I have supported other suggestions that were for all mechanics, or made the same statements like I have here, because I do not want a non-coli mechanic that is focused entirely on the coli.

I understand that some people need short term goals that help them focus on the little picture rather than the big, but that is the same for all other mechanics as well, so why should the coliseum be 'special' in getting a mechanic focused solely on it, when other mechanics are either left out entirely or have to 'share' a single mechanic?

Something like this could still be used for that, but it could also help players get into other mechanics that they don't touch now, or can't find the motivation to do. Exact same reasons for having this works for it being multi-mechanic rather than single mechanic.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2021-07-20 12:20:47" ] my entire issue with this is that I do not want another mechanic focused only on the coliseum. Period. New venues? Great! New items to be found? even better! An entire new mechanic devoted entirely to the coliseum? no. To me this would be like putting up 'bounties' to play fairgrounds games. Each day a different 'fairground game' was targeted. I wouldn't want a mechanic focused entirely on that, nor on a mechanic that focuses entirely on baldwin or any other site mechanic. It doesn't make sense to me to make entire new mechanics (and trading post NPCs) that only focus on a singular other mechanic. Even baldwin and swipp have more interaction with various other mechanics than this would. Especially a mechanic that is already pretty heavily focused on already. This is why I have supported other suggestions that were for all mechanics, or made the same statements like I have here, because I do not want a non-coli mechanic that is focused entirely on the coli. I understand that some people need short term goals that help them focus on the little picture rather than the big, but that is the same for all other mechanics as well, so why should the coliseum be 'special' in getting a mechanic focused solely on it, when other mechanics are either left out entirely or have to 'share' a single mechanic? Something like this could still be used for that, but it could also help players get into other mechanics that they don't touch now, or can't find the motivation to do. Exact same reasons for having this works for it being multi-mechanic rather than single mechanic. [/quote] i do not have the energy anymore to write a lengthy reply or argue about this since it clearly seems you just don't want this personally because you don't like coli and therefore think no one should have this, but i just want to point out that fiona exists and is focused entirely on familiar bonding. coli would not be special in that regard.
Jemadar wrote on 2021-07-20 12:20:47:

i do not have the energy anymore to write a lengthy reply or argue about this since it clearly seems you just don't want this personally because you don't like coli and therefore think no one should have this, but i just want to point out that fiona exists and is focused entirely on familiar bonding. coli would not be special in that regard.
bkxiiMw.png MlJMkHy.gif bkxiiMw.png bkxiiMw.png
hi! i'm meteor.
check out some of my projects? → or the coliseum bounty npc suggestion!

» the bestiary outfit project
» cross-flight outfit project
» 100x100 bio icons
» accent shop
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2021-07-20 12:20:47" ] my entire issue with this is that I do not want another mechanic focused only on the coliseum. Period. New venues? Great! New items to be found? even better! An entire new mechanic devoted entirely to the coliseum? no.[/quote] So you oppose this because you don't like the coliseum getting things. If you do not like the coli that's fine, but your preferences are not an argument point. [quote]To me this would be like putting up 'bounties' to play fairgrounds games. Each day a different 'fairground game' was targeted. I wouldn't want a mechanic focused entirely on that, nor on a mechanic that focuses entirely on baldwin or any other site mechanic.[/quote] Not comparable. Why did you bring this up? Actually, don't answer that. A suggestion for a mechanic has no bearing on when and what other changes to non-coli systems will or will not be added. It is not an argument point. Your energy is better spent bumping and supporting non-coli mechanics and ignoring coli ones. You come off as someone arguing in bad faith and haven't really brought anything valuable to this conversation.
Jemadar wrote on 2021-07-20 12:20:47:

So you oppose this because you don't like the coliseum getting things. If you do not like the coli that's fine, but your preferences are not an argument point.
Quote:
Not comparable. Why did you bring this up? Actually, don't answer that.

A suggestion for a mechanic has no bearing on when and what other changes to non-coli systems will or will not be added. It is not an argument point. Your energy is better spent bumping and supporting non-coli mechanics and ignoring coli ones. You come off as someone arguing in bad faith and haven't really brought anything valuable to this conversation.
15gb95M.gif
Any pronoun|FR +0|I like dragons
5qSZZX6.gif
full support!!! I dont coli too often, only doing so when I need items for brewing that my cringe dragons with their fail stats can get, but this is a neat idea and I'm sure many others would also love this!!
full support!!! I dont coli too often, only doing so when I need items for brewing that my cringe dragons with their fail stats can get, but this is a neat idea and I'm sure many others would also love this!!
Support. I liked this idea on tumblr and I like it here. I am a big fan of creative ways to make the coli engaging without the additional work of a whole new coli mode. I don’t think we need adventure mode to liven it up, and ideas like this one show that there’s plenty of potential to invigorate the coli using existing site mechanisms. Challenges are fun, but sooooo much work to keep track of manually and I would love it if it were integrated to the site. It would also be neat if this npc kept stats for each individual coli dragon, and perhaps had a leaderboard of some sort.
Support. I liked this idea on tumblr and I like it here. I am a big fan of creative ways to make the coli engaging without the additional work of a whole new coli mode. I don’t think we need adventure mode to liven it up, and ideas like this one show that there’s plenty of potential to invigorate the coli using existing site mechanisms. Challenges are fun, but sooooo much work to keep track of manually and I would love it if it were integrated to the site. It would also be neat if this npc kept stats for each individual coli dragon, and perhaps had a leaderboard of some sort.
I cannot do tasks if I don’t have a specific end goal/purpose. The money making potential of the coli is not enough of a “purpose” for me. It simply isn’t accessible to me. This would give me a specific goal and therefore make it so I can actually use the coliseum. Huge support.
I cannot do tasks if I don’t have a specific end goal/purpose. The money making potential of the coli is not enough of a “purpose” for me. It simply isn’t accessible to me. This would give me a specific goal and therefore make it so I can actually use the coliseum. Huge support.
92280712.png90501452.png82942286.png83686183.png89796725.png
fully support this! i would absolutely love to have little coli goals to hit each day/week/month/whatever!

and a gaoler npc would be awesome! a great way to bring the gaoler lore into gameplay :D
fully support this! i would absolutely love to have little coli goals to hit each day/week/month/whatever!

and a gaoler npc would be awesome! a great way to bring the gaoler lore into gameplay :D
ctYHVNq.png

almost always looking for g1 banescales OwO

gened g1 banescale count: 96
(last updated 12/8/22 11:50pm est)
nt1bp.gif

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=drs&id=1315342
mxWs6gv.gif

3DBOIBO.gif

oie-v-C7-Pp-Yu-F6gz-H.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 50 51