Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Coliseum Bounty Trading Post NPC
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 50 51
support 200
support 200
~Check out my profile for trades!~
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2021-07-20 06:40:49" ] I have to say no support to any coliseum only/specific mission/bounty system. The coliseum is already the most lucrative part of the site, it doesn't need to be encouraged any more, and there are people who literally cannot do it (not just do not like it, but cannot do it) and being locked out of more money making mechanics due to that wouldn't be fair. I would much rather have just plain 'mission/bounties' that utilize all existing and future site mechanics, such as Hunt (gather meat) 5 times in earth territory Transmute (reduce) five items at baldwins Trade with swipp five times and so on, so that there is something for everyone. Having it be related to all mechanics would also make it more accessible to all players, including new players, because new players don't always have a team ready, and since the coliseum bounty should pull from all existing venues, it could pull from the higher level venues, which newer players might not have a team ready to go to those specficially. Perhaps there is a point system, where you can earn points towards getting from a shop, or perhaps the reward is tangible, ie hunt five times in earth: get some high point food items. However, no 'progressive' quests, IE, if I don't want to/can't do one quest in a day, I am not penalized for it, I just don't get the reward for it. But again, no support for a coliseum only bounty system. [/quote] the post actually addresses the money-making aspect and the accessibility for newbies, fyi this is aimed at making coliseum itself more varied and enjoyable - it might be lucrative but that doesn't mean a thing if people feel discouraged from doing coliseum because it's too boring and repetitive. this isn't a new money-making method; it's a way to make an existing one more accessible to more people & a newbie with only level 1 dragons would simply only get training fields bounties. the reward is less valuable than from higher bounties so newbies are encouraged to level their dragons and progress, but the system should work in such a way that anyone can do bounties.
Jemadar wrote on 2021-07-20 06:40:49:
I have to say no support to any coliseum only/specific mission/bounty system.

The coliseum is already the most lucrative part of the site, it doesn't need to be encouraged any more, and there are people who literally cannot do it (not just do not like it, but cannot do it) and being locked out of more money making mechanics due to that wouldn't be fair.

I would much rather have just plain 'mission/bounties' that utilize all existing and future site mechanics, such as

Hunt (gather meat) 5 times in earth territory
Transmute (reduce) five items at baldwins
Trade with swipp five times

and so on, so that there is something for everyone.

Having it be related to all mechanics would also make it more accessible to all players, including new players, because new players don't always have a team ready, and since the coliseum bounty should pull from all existing venues, it could pull from the higher level venues, which newer players might not have a team ready to go to those specficially.

Perhaps there is a point system, where you can earn points towards getting from a shop, or perhaps the reward is tangible, ie hunt five times in earth: get some high point food items.

However, no 'progressive' quests, IE, if I don't want to/can't do one quest in a day, I am not penalized for it, I just don't get the reward for it.

But again, no support for a coliseum only bounty system.
the post actually addresses the money-making aspect and the accessibility for newbies, fyi

this is aimed at making coliseum itself more varied and enjoyable - it might be lucrative but that doesn't mean a thing if people feel discouraged from doing coliseum because it's too boring and repetitive. this isn't a new money-making method; it's a way to make an existing one more accessible to more people

& a newbie with only level 1 dragons would simply only get training fields bounties. the reward is less valuable than from higher bounties so newbies are encouraged to level their dragons and progress, but the system should work in such a way that anyone can do bounties.
bkxiiMw.png MlJMkHy.gif bkxiiMw.png bkxiiMw.png
hi! i'm meteor.
check out some of my projects? → or the coliseum bounty npc suggestion!

» the bestiary outfit project
» cross-flight outfit project
» 100x100 bio icons
» accent shop
[quote name="LittleMoons" date="2021-07-20 06:47:09" ] I really like this idea! You mentioned unique rewards AND generic chests as potential options for rewards-- maybe like Fiona, this could be split? One tab that produces daily quests for coli loot, and another that sets long term goals for special loot? Either way this sounds like a lot of fun!! :00 [/quote] could work! i was thinking the unique rewards would drop from spoils alongside the generic loot so it's random, but it could also be a joxar-esque system where you get guaranteed currency and can spend that on special rewards once you have enough of it
LittleMoons wrote on 2021-07-20 06:47:09:
I really like this idea!

You mentioned unique rewards AND generic chests as potential options for rewards-- maybe like Fiona, this could be split? One tab that produces daily quests for coli loot, and another that sets long term goals for special loot?

Either way this sounds like a lot of fun!! :00
could work! i was thinking the unique rewards would drop from spoils alongside the generic loot so it's random, but it could also be a joxar-esque system where you get guaranteed currency and can spend that on special rewards once you have enough of it
hi! i'm meteor.

» 100x100 bio icons
» accent shop
If they get 'rewards' for completing the bounty, even if it is items from the coliseum itself, that it still more money making opportunitys. If those rewards are exclusive then that is even more things that people who can do the coli get that those who literally (and again, this isn't just don't like the coliseum, but literally cannot do captchas or cannot get the coliseum to load) cannot do the coliseum are locked out of earning themselves.

I still do not want to see a coliseum only bounty system. I personally want missions to make me want to do other aspects of the site. I often forget about baldwin, unless I need specific materials, I never do swipp. Tomo and Crim might as well not exist.

A mission system that can pull from any mechanic would not only give players like me incentive to do other mechanics besides the ones I already do, but it would also encourage new players to explore the site more fully and do things they might normally skip. It also could be expanded easily for new mechanics as well.
If they get 'rewards' for completing the bounty, even if it is items from the coliseum itself, that it still more money making opportunitys. If those rewards are exclusive then that is even more things that people who can do the coli get that those who literally (and again, this isn't just don't like the coliseum, but literally cannot do captchas or cannot get the coliseum to load) cannot do the coliseum are locked out of earning themselves.

I still do not want to see a coliseum only bounty system. I personally want missions to make me want to do other aspects of the site. I often forget about baldwin, unless I need specific materials, I never do swipp. Tomo and Crim might as well not exist.

A mission system that can pull from any mechanic would not only give players like me incentive to do other mechanics besides the ones I already do, but it would also encourage new players to explore the site more fully and do things they might normally skip. It also could be expanded easily for new mechanics as well.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2021-07-20 07:05:04" ] If they get 'rewards' for completing the bounty, even if it is items from the coliseum itself, that it still more money making opportunitys. If those rewards are exclusive then that is even more things that people who can do the coli get that those who literally (and again, this isn't just don't like the coliseum, but literally cannot do captchas or cannot get the coliseum to load) cannot do the coliseum are locked out of earning themselves. I still do not want to see a coliseum only bounty system. I personally want missions to make me want to do other aspects of the site. I often forget about baldwin, unless I need specific materials, I never do swipp. Tomo and Crim might as well not exist. A mission system that can pull from any mechanic would not only give players like me incentive to do other mechanics besides the ones I already do, but it would also encourage new players to explore the site more fully and do things they might normally skip. It also could be expanded easily for new mechanics as well. [/quote] the rewards are a direct incentive for people to use the system & are mostly because you're doing coli in a less profitable way since you're not targeting venues with good fest currency drop rates or with swipp/baldwin item drops also i'm pretty sure the recent changes to fest currency/microholidays already cover what you're describing, combined with the which way stone? i certainly never touched tomo or crim before they added special drops to them. either way it sounds worthwhile to make a separate thread for your idea; i think it's a good idea but it's also different from what I'm trying to achieve with this one i also think bringing up "people who literally can't do the coliseum" just isn't a good argument. i agree captchas should be changed but in that case I'd honestly recommend just supporting the suggestions to change those instead.
Jemadar wrote on 2021-07-20 07:05:04:

the rewards are a direct incentive for people to use the system & are mostly because you're doing coli in a less profitable way since you're not targeting venues with good fest currency drop rates or with swipp/baldwin item drops

also i'm pretty sure the recent changes to fest currency/microholidays already cover what you're describing, combined with the which way stone? i certainly never touched tomo or crim before they added special drops to them. either way it sounds worthwhile to make a separate thread for your idea; i think it's a good idea but it's also different from what I'm trying to achieve with this one

i also think bringing up "people who literally can't do the coliseum" just isn't a good argument. i agree captchas should be changed but in that case I'd honestly recommend just supporting the suggestions to change those instead.
hi! i'm meteor.

» 100x100 bio icons
» accent shop
huge support!! I really don't use coli as much as I should and I think something like this would encourage me to use it more often
huge support!! I really don't use coli as much as I should and I think something like this would encourage me to use it more often
77830948p.png - GREMLIN/CASS
» he/it
» certified tundra lover
» chronically fatigued
» FR +3

---
----
» fr tumblr
» doodle adopt shop
» general adopt shop
» wishlist

----
spectre%20man.png
Huge support! I adore this idea, goodness knows it’d make using the coli seem nicer!
Huge support! I adore this idea, goodness knows it’d make using the coli seem nicer!
lL0TUQg.png
[quote name="LittleMoons" date="2021-07-20 06:47:09" ] I really like this idea! You mentioned unique rewards AND generic chests as potential options for rewards-- maybe like Fiona, this could be split? One tab that produces daily quests for coli loot, and another that sets long term goals for special loot? Either way this sounds like a lot of fun!! :00 [/quote] This idea is amazing
LittleMoons wrote on 2021-07-20 06:47:09:
I really like this idea!

You mentioned unique rewards AND generic chests as potential options for rewards-- maybe like Fiona, this could be split? One tab that produces daily quests for coli loot, and another that sets long term goals for special loot?

Either way this sounds like a lot of fun!! :00
This idea is amazing
66.png
Support x 1000!

As of lately, I've been purely leveling permas in Mire and it's come to a full stop because it doesn't feel as motivating anymore. But having tasks to do would be so much more rewarding!

Already with the implementation of getting extra items during events from doing general tasks has made these far more enjoyable to engage with. So this would honestly be fantastic in my opinion ^^

And from what I think, I don't think these rewards would be exclusively beneficial to coli grinders only. With more users playing, a lot of coli items would lower in value, hence being more accesible/affordable to people who can't play in the coli (like hibden items). I remember stacks of food going for much higher on the AH, and it seems with the hype of people wanting to make treasure, the values of all types food have been decreasing. It might benefit people who coli grind a lot with making treasure, but that would also ripple to benefit casual users to find what they want on the AH cheaper since more are being listed. ^^
Support x 1000!

As of lately, I've been purely leveling permas in Mire and it's come to a full stop because it doesn't feel as motivating anymore. But having tasks to do would be so much more rewarding!

Already with the implementation of getting extra items during events from doing general tasks has made these far more enjoyable to engage with. So this would honestly be fantastic in my opinion ^^

And from what I think, I don't think these rewards would be exclusively beneficial to coli grinders only. With more users playing, a lot of coli items would lower in value, hence being more accesible/affordable to people who can't play in the coli (like hibden items). I remember stacks of food going for much higher on the AH, and it seems with the hype of people wanting to make treasure, the values of all types food have been decreasing. It might benefit people who coli grind a lot with making treasure, but that would also ripple to benefit casual users to find what they want on the AH cheaper since more are being listed. ^^
SgaIQc3.png
Huge support for this!
Huge support for this!
8XWXOvB.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 50 51