Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Let dragons equip the same familiar type
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Support.

It's already coded so that we can bond once per day per familiar type.
Support.

It's already coded so that we can bond once per day per familiar type.
As long as I could filter out equipped familiars in the equip page I don't see why not
As long as I could filter out equipped familiars in the equip page I don't see why not
wq9PoXA.png
support a million times ^_^
support a million times ^_^
[quote name="FliptheFrog" date="2021-01-28 20:40:53" ] As long as you can still only bond once per day, absolutely, this is a great idea. You can already filter familiars in the equip menu by "already bonded/not bonded" so it doesn't actually make finding a non-bonded familiar any harder, and there's no good reason why you shouldn't be able to equip every dragon with your favorite familiar if you want to. [/quote] Bonded doesn't mean equipped, I think. So a new filter for Not Equipped would have to bad added. Which could be annoying with the ways you can filter familiars now. It's just a list of filters rather than split by type of familiar (which is why the bestiary is kind of annoying: you can't find familiars you don't own right: I have awakened a Water Sprite so it's in Discovered, but I would have to literally scroll through the bestiary looking for familiars without the two icons to know that). So depending on how they decide to make the filter it could be real annoying...
FliptheFrog wrote on 2021-01-28 20:40:53:
As long as you can still only bond once per day, absolutely, this is a great idea. You can already filter familiars in the equip menu by "already bonded/not bonded" so it doesn't actually make finding a non-bonded familiar any harder, and there's no good reason why you shouldn't be able to equip every dragon with your favorite familiar if you want to.
Bonded doesn't mean equipped, I think. So a new filter for Not Equipped would have to bad added. Which could be annoying with the ways you can filter familiars now. It's just a list of filters rather than split by type of familiar (which is why the bestiary is kind of annoying: you can't find familiars you don't own right: I have awakened a Water Sprite so it's in Discovered, but I would have to literally scroll through the bestiary looking for familiars without the two icons to know that). So depending on how they decide to make the filter it could be real annoying...
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
[quote name="Almedha" date="2021-01-29 11:44:43" ] [quote name="FliptheFrog" date="2021-01-28 20:40:53" ] As long as you can still only bond once per day, absolutely, this is a great idea. You can already filter familiars in the equip menu by "already bonded/not bonded" so it doesn't actually make finding a non-bonded familiar any harder, and there's no good reason why you shouldn't be able to equip every dragon with your favorite familiar if you want to. [/quote] Bonded doesn't mean equipped, I think. So a new filter for Not Equipped would have to bad added. Which could be annoying with the ways you can filter familiars now. It's just a list of filters rather than split by type of familiar (which is why the bestiary is kind of annoying: you can't find familiars you don't own right: I have awakened a Water Sprite so it's in Discovered, but I would have to literally scroll through the bestiary looking for familiars without the two icons to know that). So depending on how they decide to make the filter it could be real annoying... [/quote] I'm aware of the difference between bonded and equipped. I was focusing on the users (such as myself) who generally only keep familiars on dragons when they have not been awakened. Not being able to tell if a familiar in the equip menu is already equipped to a different dragon (when we have the option to multi-equip) is less important to me than being able to tell which familiars are still able to give me money from bonding today. Implementing an "already equipped" filter would be trivial given that it's essentially how the equip menu works right now.
Almedha wrote on 2021-01-29 11:44:43:
As long as you can still only bond once per day, absolutely, this is a great idea. You can already filter familiars in the equip menu by "already bonded/not bonded" so it doesn't actually make finding a non-bonded familiar any harder, and there's no good reason why you shouldn't be able to equip every dragon with your favorite familiar if you want to.
Bonded doesn't mean equipped, I think. So a new filter for Not Equipped would have to bad added. Which could be annoying with the ways you can filter familiars now. It's just a list of filters rather than split by type of familiar (which is why the bestiary is kind of annoying: you can't find familiars you don't own right: I have awakened a Water Sprite so it's in Discovered, but I would have to literally scroll through the bestiary looking for familiars without the two icons to know that). So depending on how they decide to make the filter it could be real annoying...

I'm aware of the difference between bonded and equipped. I was focusing on the users (such as myself) who generally only keep familiars on dragons when they have not been awakened. Not being able to tell if a familiar in the equip menu is already equipped to a different dragon (when we have the option to multi-equip) is less important to me than being able to tell which familiars are still able to give me money from bonding today. Implementing an "already equipped" filter would be trivial given that it's essentially how the equip menu works right now.
An Ice emblem on a background made of ice and lava. It briefly shimmers.An Ice Flight banner. The Ice emblem briefly grows icicles, which fall to the ground.An Ice emblem on a background of ice shaped like a Christmas ornament. It briefly shimmers.An Ice Flight banner. The Ice emblem briefly grows icicles, which fall to the ground."An
Support.

Found out this was a thing the other day when I wanted to put a fam on one of my dragons.
Support.

Found out this was a thing the other day when I wanted to put a fam on one of my dragons.
91741235.png77876607.png
I find it rather interesting that a lot of people have to tack on the disclaimer of "only if you can bond with one of the familiar per day."

They... already do that. And accidentally trying to double-click bond in, say, Fiona's gives you an error that the familiar has already been bonded with. I highly doubt the staff would implement something like this, and then leave a glaring flaw like that to exploit (though, god knows, people will find a way if given half a chance).

THAT ASIDE I support this. I have so many dragons that have potential to use the raven/crow familiars and I have to pick-and-choose who is more important cus I can't slap the same familiar on some of them :(

((Though I do have to wonder if the only reason the staff haven't implemented this is the new familiar naming? Even after taking a familiar off a dragon, it retains the name you gave it, even when putting it on a new dragon. So they'd have to find a way to code it so each individual familiar has it's own ID of sorts so the names don't clash. Which sounds like a headache and a half.))
I find it rather interesting that a lot of people have to tack on the disclaimer of "only if you can bond with one of the familiar per day."

They... already do that. And accidentally trying to double-click bond in, say, Fiona's gives you an error that the familiar has already been bonded with. I highly doubt the staff would implement something like this, and then leave a glaring flaw like that to exploit (though, god knows, people will find a way if given half a chance).

THAT ASIDE I support this. I have so many dragons that have potential to use the raven/crow familiars and I have to pick-and-choose who is more important cus I can't slap the same familiar on some of them :(

((Though I do have to wonder if the only reason the staff haven't implemented this is the new familiar naming? Even after taking a familiar off a dragon, it retains the name you gave it, even when putting it on a new dragon. So they'd have to find a way to code it so each individual familiar has it's own ID of sorts so the names don't clash. Which sounds like a headache and a half.))
N i c k
"Fear not the night."
→ he/him
dd9d37c13149d4412f933c2662309cbb42245e81.png
[quote name="FliptheFrog" date="2021-01-30 12:27:24" ] [quote name="Almedha" date="2021-01-29 11:44:43" ] [quote name="FliptheFrog" date="2021-01-28 20:40:53" ] As long as you can still only bond once per day, absolutely, this is a great idea. You can already filter familiars in the equip menu by "already bonded/not bonded" so it doesn't actually make finding a non-bonded familiar any harder, and there's no good reason why you shouldn't be able to equip every dragon with your favorite familiar if you want to. [/quote] Bonded doesn't mean equipped, I think. So a new filter for Not Equipped would have to bad added. Which could be annoying with the ways you can filter familiars now. It's just a list of filters rather than split by type of familiar (which is why the bestiary is kind of annoying: you can't find familiars you don't own right: I have awakened a Water Sprite so it's in Discovered, but I would have to literally scroll through the bestiary looking for familiars without the two icons to know that). So depending on how they decide to make the filter it could be real annoying... [/quote] I'm aware of the difference between bonded and equipped. I was focusing on the users (such as myself) who generally only keep familiars on dragons when they have not been awakened. Not being able to tell if a familiar in the equip menu is already equipped to a different dragon (when we have the option to multi-equip) is less important to me than being able to tell which familiars are still able to give me money from bonding today. Implementing an "already equipped" filter would be trivial given that it's essentially how the equip menu works right now. [/quote] Yeah, I agree it would probably be trivial but given that we still don't have that necessary filter in the bestiary I mentioned... perhaps not so trivial. Things for us remain insurmountable until the staff decides to actually do them, is the problem.
FliptheFrog wrote on 2021-01-30 12:27:24:

I'm aware of the difference between bonded and equipped. I was focusing on the users (such as myself) who generally only keep familiars on dragons when they have not been awakened. Not being able to tell if a familiar in the equip menu is already equipped to a different dragon (when we have the option to multi-equip) is less important to me than being able to tell which familiars are still able to give me money from bonding today. Implementing an "already equipped" filter would be trivial given that it's essentially how the equip menu works right now.
Yeah, I agree it would probably be trivial but given that we still don't have that necessary filter in the bestiary I mentioned... perhaps not so trivial. Things for us remain insurmountable until the staff decides to actually do them, is the problem.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
[quote name="Almedha" date="2021-01-31 14:03:41" ] [quote name="FliptheFrog" date="2021-01-30 12:27:24" ] [quote name="Almedha" date="2021-01-29 11:44:43" ] [quote name="FliptheFrog" date="2021-01-28 20:40:53" ] As long as you can still only bond once per day, absolutely, this is a great idea. You can already filter familiars in the equip menu by "already bonded/not bonded" so it doesn't actually make finding a non-bonded familiar any harder, and there's no good reason why you shouldn't be able to equip every dragon with your favorite familiar if you want to. [/quote] Bonded doesn't mean equipped, I think. So a new filter for Not Equipped would have to bad added. Which could be annoying with the ways you can filter familiars now. It's just a list of filters rather than split by type of familiar (which is why the bestiary is kind of annoying: you can't find familiars you don't own right: I have awakened a Water Sprite so it's in Discovered, but I would have to literally scroll through the bestiary looking for familiars without the two icons to know that). So depending on how they decide to make the filter it could be real annoying... [/quote] I'm aware of the difference between bonded and equipped. I was focusing on the users (such as myself) who generally only keep familiars on dragons when they have not been awakened. Not being able to tell if a familiar in the equip menu is already equipped to a different dragon (when we have the option to multi-equip) is less important to me than being able to tell which familiars are still able to give me money from bonding today. Implementing an "already equipped" filter would be trivial given that it's essentially how the equip menu works right now. [/quote] Yeah, I agree it would probably be trivial but given that we still don't have that necessary filter in the bestiary I mentioned... perhaps not so trivial. [b]Things for us remain insurmountable until the staff decides to actually do them, is the problem.[/b] [/quote] This is the reason I don't support certain things, even with toggles, because, unfortunately, sometimes it takes a long time to get a toggle, and then, as with some other features, we don't get the toggles/features the way players have wanted them to be. As for this, I support as long as we get an 'already equipped' filter, because I don't want to equip the same familiar twice. I already keep all my duplicate familiars in my vault, but sometimes I do want to bring some out to toss at baldwin, so I would hate to see the same familiar 20 times, because I have 19 copies I want to melt down.
Almedha wrote on 2021-01-31 14:03:41:
FliptheFrog wrote on 2021-01-30 12:27:24:

Yeah, I agree it would probably be trivial but given that we still don't have that necessary filter in the bestiary I mentioned... perhaps not so trivial. Things for us remain insurmountable until the staff decides to actually do them, is the problem.
This is the reason I don't support certain things, even with toggles, because, unfortunately, sometimes it takes a long time to get a toggle, and then, as with some other features, we don't get the toggles/features the way players have wanted them to be.

As for this, I support as long as we get an 'already equipped' filter, because I don't want to equip the same familiar twice. I already keep all my duplicate familiars in my vault, but sometimes I do want to bring some out to toss at baldwin, so I would hate to see the same familiar 20 times, because I have 19 copies I want to melt down.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Support with the option of the already-equipped filter! [quote name="Rytlocks" date="2021-01-31 09:39:36" ] ((Though I do have to wonder if the only reason the staff haven't implemented this is the new familiar naming? Even after taking a familiar off a dragon, it retains the name you gave it, even when putting it on a new dragon. So they'd have to find a way to code it so each individual familiar has it's own ID of sorts so the names don't clash. Which sounds like a headache and a half.)) [/quote] When I first took a named familiar off a dragon, I noted the name in the dragon's bio because I assumed that removing the familiar reset the name too. Maybe if names were linked to dragon, instead of to familiar?
Support with the option of the already-equipped filter!
Rytlocks wrote on 2021-01-31 09:39:36:
When I first took a named familiar off a dragon, I noted the name in the dragon's bio because I assumed that removing the familiar reset the name too. Maybe if names were linked to dragon, instead of to familiar?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7