Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Let dragons equip the same familiar type
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I'd LOVE this. There a couple familiars I'd collect if there was a way to actually see them outside my vault. Putting them on multiple dragons would be so much fun.
I think to make it least disruptive it should be an account toggle (like the feeding options) that turns on/allows equipping multiples (default off) and then an additional filter when it's turned on added to the page to attach familiars for equipped/unequipped so you can still easily tell if the familiar is on someone else too.

I've got a pair of twin hatchlings who I've put a lot of effort into perfecting and keeping identical, as it is I don't want to give them familiars at all. It's hard enough finding any that match their colors/aesthetics, but a familiar with a recolor that also matches is pretty much impossible. Giving them the same familiar would be much nicer and then I could define it as that they share one, without leaving one blank and the other with the fam and making their images unbalanced.

Edit: I suppose this could also be done as a perk of awakening, once a fam is awakened then you can attach multiples- that way you could easily tell which can have doubles from ones that still need to be bonded with.
Plus it would be nice to have some perks for awakening (besides the minimal treasure and no chests ever again) and still keeping that familiar attached to a dragon.
I'd LOVE this. There a couple familiars I'd collect if there was a way to actually see them outside my vault. Putting them on multiple dragons would be so much fun.
I think to make it least disruptive it should be an account toggle (like the feeding options) that turns on/allows equipping multiples (default off) and then an additional filter when it's turned on added to the page to attach familiars for equipped/unequipped so you can still easily tell if the familiar is on someone else too.

I've got a pair of twin hatchlings who I've put a lot of effort into perfecting and keeping identical, as it is I don't want to give them familiars at all. It's hard enough finding any that match their colors/aesthetics, but a familiar with a recolor that also matches is pretty much impossible. Giving them the same familiar would be much nicer and then I could define it as that they share one, without leaving one blank and the other with the fam and making their images unbalanced.

Edit: I suppose this could also be done as a perk of awakening, once a fam is awakened then you can attach multiples- that way you could easily tell which can have doubles from ones that still need to be bonded with.
Plus it would be nice to have some perks for awakening (besides the minimal treasure and no chests ever again) and still keeping that familiar attached to a dragon.
As long as there's some way to not accidentally equip the same familiar on more than one dragon, I don't particularly care. Having this option, though, with no indication of whether the familiar is already equipped elsewhere would make bonding with familiars an absolute nightmare.
As long as there's some way to not accidentally equip the same familiar on more than one dragon, I don't particularly care. Having this option, though, with no indication of whether the familiar is already equipped elsewhere would make bonding with familiars an absolute nightmare.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
Support! This would help drive the price of a lot of familiars off the floor too, given more than one per user is needed.
Though I wonder if it would effect bonding if one dragon equipped with a familiar was in the lair and the other dragon equipped with it was in the hibernal den.

Id specifically love to bond with a duplicate of a familiar that is already matched to a dragon in my den. Sometimes I have the perfect familiar for a dragon but put it in my lair to awaken it, and 3 months later it ends up in my vault instead of back on its intended dragon.
Support! This would help drive the price of a lot of familiars off the floor too, given more than one per user is needed.
Though I wonder if it would effect bonding if one dragon equipped with a familiar was in the lair and the other dragon equipped with it was in the hibernal den.

Id specifically love to bond with a duplicate of a familiar that is already matched to a dragon in my den. Sometimes I have the perfect familiar for a dragon but put it in my lair to awaken it, and 3 months later it ends up in my vault instead of back on its intended dragon.
button_97x95.png[ Please do not PM me. 1623960663678.png
DSfOOlg.png
68388386.png 1623960663678.png 68483984.png
Support. I'm running out of red familiars I want to use.
Support. I'm running out of red familiars I want to use.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
I definitely agree that if this were implemented, it should be made simple for people who DO want to make all their familiar choices unique- maybe as another option in one of the dropdowns on the 'change familiar' page? 'Currently bonding with another dragon in your lair' versus 'not bonded with any dragon in your lair' or the like. Something more concise than that, maybe :P We do know that the functionality for 'detecting' when a familiar is already attached to a dragon is there, since they don't appear as options when choosing one for another dragon, plus there's those indicators in your Bestiary when a familiar is attached to one of your dragons.
I definitely agree that if this were implemented, it should be made simple for people who DO want to make all their familiar choices unique- maybe as another option in one of the dropdowns on the 'change familiar' page? 'Currently bonding with another dragon in your lair' versus 'not bonded with any dragon in your lair' or the like. Something more concise than that, maybe :P We do know that the functionality for 'detecting' when a familiar is already attached to a dragon is there, since they don't appear as options when choosing one for another dragon, plus there's those indicators in your Bestiary when a familiar is attached to one of your dragons.
UJXttDL.png
A negative consequence I could see of this suggestion - and I don't think this really influences my opinion, I just want to throw it out there - is that this gives people an incentive to hoard rare familiars. In the same kind of way that having a lair full of g1 wildclaw primals is a flex, having a lair full of Light Sprites would be a flex. And unlike the g1 wildclaw primals, the site isn't really generating more Light Sprites.

This could be a problem with the accessibility of sprites/downtime/KS familiars, as there's a limited number of these around and it's best that they be spread around as many users as possible. Currently they can't be hoarded for any other purpose than to sell later. Giving players who are already really rich an incentive to buy out the market wouldn't be a good thing for everyone still looking to obtain one.

I really don't think that's worth nixing the suggestion over, but it is something to consider.
A negative consequence I could see of this suggestion - and I don't think this really influences my opinion, I just want to throw it out there - is that this gives people an incentive to hoard rare familiars. In the same kind of way that having a lair full of g1 wildclaw primals is a flex, having a lair full of Light Sprites would be a flex. And unlike the g1 wildclaw primals, the site isn't really generating more Light Sprites.

This could be a problem with the accessibility of sprites/downtime/KS familiars, as there's a limited number of these around and it's best that they be spread around as many users as possible. Currently they can't be hoarded for any other purpose than to sell later. Giving players who are already really rich an incentive to buy out the market wouldn't be a good thing for everyone still looking to obtain one.

I really don't think that's worth nixing the suggestion over, but it is something to consider.
tumblr_inline_omxl63fueX1s9ucgw_500.gif
XPDxt22.png
[quote name="Almedha" date="2021-01-24 14:42:27" ] As long as there's some way to not accidentally equip the same familiar on more than one dragon, I don't particularly care. Having this option, though, with no indication of whether the familiar is already equipped elsewhere would make bonding with familiars an absolute nightmare. [/quote] If you can bond with familiars once a day then the first time you find that familiar on any dragon should solve that issue. Even if a dragon has a familiar shared in the hibden, since there is no penalty for switching familiars on hibden dragons it should be just like if you took it off and put it back. This is essentially just like Fiona, if you interact with a dragon from her, you can't do it again directly on your dragon. So there is already coding somewhat in place to support this sort of thing. Just instead of sharing multiple familiars between one dragon and an npc you're doing it between multiple dragons.
Almedha wrote on 2021-01-24 14:42:27:

If you can bond with familiars once a day then the first time you find that familiar on any dragon should solve that issue. Even if a dragon has a familiar shared in the hibden, since there is no penalty for switching familiars on hibden dragons it should be just like if you took it off and put it back.

This is essentially just like Fiona, if you interact with a dragon from her, you can't do it again directly on your dragon. So there is already coding somewhat in place to support this sort of thing. Just instead of sharing multiple familiars between one dragon and an npc you're doing it between multiple dragons.
As someone who does own all the retired familiars... I don't really feel like shelling out another 150kg+ for a second bone fiend or skycat, as much as I love them lol. There are way better uses of that money, and tbh if someone does decide wanting a bunch of extra retired familiars is their FR life's calling, let 'em. They're gonna do it anyway if they really like them and have the money to spend and users who don't own them already don't have any more right to own them than someone who does have them. If they did, there'd be a hard cap of 1 of x valuable familiar per person enforced by the game itself.

Hoarding is just another playstyle and it's just as valid as any other. I think the amount of people buying up multiple light sprites and KS familiars to have multiple on their dragons is gonna be very very few because they're just so expensive to begin with. Saving up for just one copy of them is hellish enough. If someone's determined enough to spend years saving for multiple skycats, I think they more than deserve to use them.
As someone who does own all the retired familiars... I don't really feel like shelling out another 150kg+ for a second bone fiend or skycat, as much as I love them lol. There are way better uses of that money, and tbh if someone does decide wanting a bunch of extra retired familiars is their FR life's calling, let 'em. They're gonna do it anyway if they really like them and have the money to spend and users who don't own them already don't have any more right to own them than someone who does have them. If they did, there'd be a hard cap of 1 of x valuable familiar per person enforced by the game itself.

Hoarding is just another playstyle and it's just as valid as any other. I think the amount of people buying up multiple light sprites and KS familiars to have multiple on their dragons is gonna be very very few because they're just so expensive to begin with. Saving up for just one copy of them is hellish enough. If someone's determined enough to spend years saving for multiple skycats, I think they more than deserve to use them.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
[quote name="Laluzi" date="2021-01-24 14:57:00" ] A negative consequence I could see of this suggestion - and I don't think this really influences my opinion, I just want to throw it out there - is that this gives people an incentive to hoard rare familiars. In the same kind of way that having a lair full of g1 wildclaw primals is a flex, having a lair full of Light Sprites would be a flex. And unlike the g1 wildclaw primals, the site isn't really generating more Light Sprites. This could be a problem with the accessibility of sprites/downtime/KS familiars, as there's a limited number of these around and it's best that they be spread around as many users as possible. Currently they can't be hoarded for any other purpose than to sell later. Giving players who are already really rich an incentive to buy out the market wouldn't be a good thing for everyone still looking to obtain one. I really don't think that's worth nixing the suggestion over, but it is something to consider. [/quote] The thing is people [i]can[/i] hoard rare familiars now, if they're the type to want something just to deny others having it, and show off with over priced AH listings or screenshots. And frankly, the number of those familiars that are available will almost certainly continue to dwindle regardless -Roundsey really doesn't add enough to matter- as people get them and either hold on to them forever or get them and eventually leave FR with their items sitting in an abandoned account. More people are constantly joining the site and wanting those items with a willingness to pay for them which steadily drives demand up, and supply is pretty much stagnant, I doubt the ones added to the pool since even begin to balance out the ones that will never go on the market again. I'd rather have a feature that lets players enjoy more of all the other familiars, than not have it because some people are lousy and might be encouraged to stockpile the ultra-rare familiars 99% of players will NEVER be able to own anyway because there aren't enough in existence to begin with.
Laluzi wrote on 2021-01-24 14:57:00:

The thing is people can hoard rare familiars now,
if they're the type to want something just to deny others having it, and show off with over priced AH listings or screenshots.
And frankly, the number of those familiars that are available will almost certainly continue to dwindle regardless -Roundsey really doesn't add enough to matter- as people get them and either hold on to them forever or get them and eventually leave FR with their items sitting in an abandoned account. More people are constantly joining the site and wanting those items with a willingness to pay for them which steadily drives demand up, and supply is pretty much stagnant, I doubt the ones added to the pool since even begin to balance out the ones that will never go on the market again.

I'd rather have a feature that lets players enjoy more of all the other familiars, than not have it because some people are lousy and might be encouraged to stockpile the ultra-rare familiars 99% of players will NEVER be able to own anyway because there aren't enough in existence to begin with.
[quote name="Tserin" date="2021-01-24 15:02:08" ] As someone who does own all the retired familiars... I don't really feel like shelling out another 150kg+ for a second bone fiend or skycat, as much as I love them lol. There are way better uses of that money, and tbh if someone does decide wanting a bunch of extra retired familiars is their FR life's calling, let 'em. They're gonna do it anyway if they really like them and have the money to spend and users who don't own them already don't have any more right to own them than someone who does have them. If they did, there'd be a hard cap of 1 of x valuable familiar per person enforced by the game itself. Hoarding is just another playstyle and it's just as valid as any other. [/quote] I suppose you're right. Drama in and of itself isn't a reason not to do something, and you raise a fair point that the people who want to hoard familiars can and are already doing that, so they might as well be able to show off their efforts. (Mad props to your collection, it must be said. That's FR goals right there.) Anyway. I do like the raised idea that being able to equip multiple of the same familiar could be a perk of awakening. Granted, I like the idea of there being actual benefits to awakening a familiar, and having that familiar 'unlocked' so that all of your dragons can cuddle with one simultaneously is a fun one, but it'd also prevent issues where you're browsing all of your unawakened familiars and you slap three of the same one onto different dragons while blindly setting up the next batch. It somewhat takes care of the issue of confusion on its own - at least, it avoids confusion for when you're picking familiars with the goal of bonding them, and not for aesthetics.
Tserin wrote on 2021-01-24 15:02:08:

Hoarding is just another playstyle and it's just as valid as any other.
I suppose you're right. Drama in and of itself isn't a reason not to do something, and you raise a fair point that the people who want to hoard familiars can and are already doing that, so they might as well be able to show off their efforts.

(Mad props to your collection, it must be said. That's FR goals right there.)

Anyway. I do like the raised idea that being able to equip multiple of the same familiar could be a perk of awakening. Granted, I like the idea of there being actual benefits to awakening a familiar, and having that familiar 'unlocked' so that all of your dragons can cuddle with one simultaneously is a fun one, but it'd also prevent issues where you're browsing all of your unawakened familiars and you slap three of the same one onto different dragons while blindly setting up the next batch. It somewhat takes care of the issue of confusion on its own - at least, it avoids confusion for when you're picking familiars with the goal of bonding them, and not for aesthetics.
tumblr_inline_omxl63fueX1s9ucgw_500.gif
XPDxt22.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7