Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Please Fix Dominance
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2020-05-29 20:14:52" ] [quote name="@WhySoDelirious" date="2020-05-29 19:33:19" ] I know relatively very little about dom mechanics, but doesn’t flight size play a role in which flight gets dom? if that’s true, then I think at least that factor should be fixed or at least tweaked. I don’t know if “flight size” is based on all lairs in a flight, both active and non-active, or simply just all the active lairs (but then how would you decide whether a lair is active or not? what would be the criteria?), but doesn’t that algorithm make it hell for large flights like shadow to get on top vs how much easier it is for smaller flights like earth? if I’m completely wrong then please disregard lmao I haven’t done a lot of research [/quote] To my understanding, inactive lairs, ie lairs that haven't been logged into for 2 weeks I believe, are not counted towards the flight's dominance formula. Also, flights are 'weighted' according to size. Earth, being the smallest flight, or close to it, has their dragons weighted more than other flights. IE, For every dragon that Earth Exalts, shadow has to exalt say 5, water 2 and so on (these are just random numbers, not actual weighting). [/quote] [font=Courier]100% exactly what I was tryna get at. the weighted algorithm seems pretty unfair esp for flights that aren’t very dom-savvy in the first place, ie shadow. I feel like if anything, this part of dom should be changed.
Jemadar wrote on 2020-05-29 20:14:52:
@WhySoDelirious wrote on 2020-05-29 19:33:19:
I know relatively very little about dom mechanics, but doesn’t flight size play a role in which flight gets dom? if that’s true, then I think at least that factor should be fixed or at least tweaked. I don’t know if “flight size” is based on all lairs in a flight, both active and non-active, or simply just all the active lairs (but then how would you decide whether a lair is active or not? what would be the criteria?), but doesn’t that algorithm make it hell for large flights like shadow to get on top vs how much easier it is for smaller flights like earth? if I’m completely wrong then please disregard lmao I haven’t done a lot of research
To my understanding, inactive lairs, ie lairs that haven't been logged into for 2 weeks I believe, are not counted towards the flight's dominance formula.

Also, flights are 'weighted' according to size. Earth, being the smallest flight, or close to it, has their dragons weighted more than other flights.

IE, For every dragon that Earth Exalts, shadow has to exalt say 5, water 2 and so on (these are just random numbers, not actual weighting).

100% exactly what I was tryna get at. the weighted algorithm seems pretty unfair esp for flights that aren’t very dom-savvy in the first place, ie shadow. I feel like if anything, this part of dom should be changed.
ink2.png 17
bpd & adhd lol
ive lost my mind
fr+0
[quote name="WhySoDelirious" date="2020-05-29 23:08:16" ] [quote name="Jemadar" date="2020-05-29 20:14:52" ] [quote name="WhySoDelirious" date="2020-05-29 19:33:19" ] I know relatively very little about dom mechanics, but doesn’t flight size play a role in which flight gets dom? if that’s true, then I think at least that factor should be fixed or at least tweaked. I don’t know if “flight size” is based on all lairs in a flight, both active and non-active, or simply just all the active lairs (but then how would you decide whether a lair is active or not? what would be the criteria?), but doesn’t that algorithm make it hell for large flights like shadow to get on top vs how much easier it is for smaller flights like earth? if I’m completely wrong then please disregard lmao I haven’t done a lot of research [/quote] To my understanding, inactive lairs, ie lairs that haven't been logged into for 2 weeks I believe, are not counted towards the flight's dominance formula. Also, flights are 'weighted' according to size. Earth, being the smallest flight, or close to it, has their dragons weighted more than other flights. IE, For every dragon that Earth Exalts, shadow has to exalt say 5, water 2 and so on (these are just random numbers, not actual weighting). [/quote] [font=Courier]100% exactly what I was tryna get at. the weighted algorithm seems pretty unfair esp for flights that aren’t very dom-savvy in the first place, ie shadow. I feel like if anything, this part of dom should be changed. [/quote] It's not unfair at all. It's weighted that way because large flights have more people in them and therefore more resources to put towards Dom than a smaller flight does. Whether or not a flight is "Dom-Savvy" has no bearing here as that's completely player controlled and a flight that has a heavy Dom culture shouldn't be penalized for being good at it. Edit: My apologies for the ping, I didn't see the @ in the quote until it was too late.
WhySoDelirious wrote on 2020-05-29 23:08:16:
WhySoDelirious wrote on 2020-05-29 19:33:19:
I know relatively very little about dom mechanics, but doesn’t flight size play a role in which flight gets dom? if that’s true, then I think at least that factor should be fixed or at least tweaked. I don’t know if “flight size” is based on all lairs in a flight, both active and non-active, or simply just all the active lairs (but then how would you decide whether a lair is active or not? what would be the criteria?), but doesn’t that algorithm make it hell for large flights like shadow to get on top vs how much easier it is for smaller flights like earth? if I’m completely wrong then please disregard lmao I haven’t done a lot of research
To my understanding, inactive lairs, ie lairs that haven't been logged into for 2 weeks I believe, are not counted towards the flight's dominance formula.

Also, flights are 'weighted' according to size. Earth, being the smallest flight, or close to it, has their dragons weighted more than other flights.

IE, For every dragon that Earth Exalts, shadow has to exalt say 5, water 2 and so on (these are just random numbers, not actual weighting).

100% exactly what I was tryna get at. the weighted algorithm seems pretty unfair esp for flights that aren’t very dom-savvy in the first place, ie shadow. I feel like if anything, this part of dom should be changed.

It's not unfair at all. It's weighted that way because large flights have more people in them and therefore more resources to put towards Dom than a smaller flight does.

Whether or not a flight is "Dom-Savvy" has no bearing here as that's completely player controlled and a flight that has a heavy Dom culture shouldn't be penalized for being good at it.

Edit: My apologies for the ping, I didn't see the @ in the quote until it was too late.
PeoMDYF.pngUxsWBSZ.png
[quote name="WhySoDelirious" date="2020-05-29 23:08:16" ] [quote name="Jemadar" date="2020-05-29 20:14:52" ] [quote name="@WhySoDelirious" date="2020-05-29 19:33:19" ] I know relatively very little about dom mechanics, but doesn’t flight size play a role in which flight gets dom? if that’s true, then I think at least that factor should be fixed or at least tweaked. I don’t know if “flight size” is based on all lairs in a flight, both active and non-active, or simply just all the active lairs (but then how would you decide whether a lair is active or not? what would be the criteria?), but doesn’t that algorithm make it hell for large flights like shadow to get on top vs how much easier it is for smaller flights like earth? if I’m completely wrong then please disregard lmao I haven’t done a lot of research [/quote] To my understanding, inactive lairs, ie lairs that haven't been logged into for 2 weeks I believe, are not counted towards the flight's dominance formula. Also, flights are 'weighted' according to size. Earth, being the smallest flight, or close to it, has their dragons weighted more than other flights. IE, For every dragon that Earth Exalts, shadow has to exalt say 5, water 2 and so on (these are just random numbers, not actual weighting). [/quote] [font=Courier]100% exactly what I was tryna get at. the weighted algorithm seems pretty unfair esp for flights that aren’t very dom-savvy in the first place, ie shadow. I feel like if anything, this part of dom should be changed. [/quote] The weighted algorithm is fair, however, it was made before flight changes were a thing - therefore if a lot of "into dom" people move to one flight (because there's no incentive to [i]not[/i] move), it appears to be unfair because it wasn't made for such situation. In a competition there always will be better and weaker teams but right now, as it is, it seems that it would require 10 teams (=flights) working against 1 to even the odds and that's not guaranteed even then... Hence why I personally believe that dom should be updated to have some sort of personal bonuses that do not depend on other people's efforts. If I can, for example, exalt 200 dragons a day in flight A and get treasure, but in flight B I could exalt the same 200, get treasure [i]and[/i] dom bonuses, it's obvious that moving would be better. If there was some sort of personal bonus, the urge to move to the "profitable" flight should be smaller and perhaps would even out the numbers of "into dom" people between the flights.
@WhySoDelirious wrote on 2020-05-29 19:33:19:

The weighted algorithm is fair, however, it was made before flight changes were a thing - therefore if a lot of "into dom" people move to one flight (because there's no incentive to not move), it appears to be unfair because it wasn't made for such situation. In a competition there always will be better and weaker teams but right now, as it is, it seems that it would require 10 teams (=flights) working against 1 to even the odds and that's not guaranteed even then...

Hence why I personally believe that dom should be updated to have some sort of personal bonuses that do not depend on other people's efforts. If I can, for example, exalt 200 dragons a day in flight A and get treasure, but in flight B I could exalt the same 200, get treasure and dom bonuses, it's obvious that moving would be better. If there was some sort of personal bonus, the urge to move to the "profitable" flight should be smaller and perhaps would even out the numbers of "into dom" people between the flights.
JQQ3Fjt.png
[quote name="@/Eridan" date="2020-05-29 07:11:57" ] [quote name="AlphaSobek" date="2020-05-25 16:22:04" ] It might also be worth mentioning that the site is going through a complete revamp [/quote] oh? i havent seen anything about this, can you give me a source or is it just an observational thing (not a "prove it" request here btw just like genuine curiosity from someone who returned a few months ago and hasnt kept up with this kind of stuff) also yes to dom revamp. i literally do not pay attention to dom. i didnt even realise ice was dominating until like an hour before dom reset because the rewards were so unnoticeable and minor. [/quote] Apologize for the delay - haven't been checking FR much. I'm also at work atm so can't really go full research to find the sources but the staff mention it occasionally - or when a part of the site is actively revamped. For example, they mentioned it when the bestiary was revamped: [quote] As we continue to work on revamping the old code of Flight Rising, we're happy to report that the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2763435/1#post_2763435]Bestiary Revamp[/url] is now complete! [/quote] You might have also noticed that certain pages on the site have a slightly different URL. Some pages are www. and some are www1. (I THINK) the www1. pages are the ones that have currently been revamped (since the bestiary is currently using a www1. url. As for more mentions from staff - in the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2556860#post_2556860]Lair Revamp announcement[/url] they not only revamped the lair pages and added the Hibernal Den but also disabled achievements, saying: [quote]As we continue our march through rewriting the underlying code of Flight Rising, we will eventually find ourselves ready to tackle the achievements system. Because this system touches so many portions of the game, we have to hold off on developing it until we’re closer to completing the rewrite in order to avoid duplicating work.[/quote] All-in-All I can't find the main announcement thread or dev thread but they mention it on occasion. I do think they put out something official but I think they started the revamp a WHILE ago and it's just buried in all the subsequent dev update threads 'n such. [b]Edit:[/b] Also, pff, scrolled down one more post and saw someone already linked to a mention of it, ha. Well, it's more info I guess. Couldn't hurt. If I can track down any sort of 'original' announcement I'll toss it in here
@/Eridan wrote on 2020-05-29 07:11:57:
AlphaSobek wrote on 2020-05-25 16:22:04:
It might also be worth mentioning that the site is going through a complete revamp

oh? i havent seen anything about this, can you give me a source or is it just an observational thing (not a "prove it" request here btw just like genuine curiosity from someone who returned a few months ago and hasnt kept up with this kind of stuff)

also yes to dom revamp. i literally do not pay attention to dom. i didnt even realise ice was dominating until like an hour before dom reset because the rewards were so unnoticeable and minor.

Apologize for the delay - haven't been checking FR much.

I'm also at work atm so can't really go full research to find the sources but the staff mention it occasionally - or when a part of the site is actively revamped.

For example, they mentioned it when the bestiary was revamped:
Quote:
As we continue to work on revamping the old code of Flight Rising, we're happy to report that the Bestiary Revamp is now complete!

You might have also noticed that certain pages on the site have a slightly different URL. Some pages are www. and some are www1. (I THINK) the www1. pages are the ones that have currently been revamped (since the bestiary is currently using a www1. url.

As for more mentions from staff - in the Lair Revamp announcement they not only revamped the lair pages and added the Hibernal Den but also disabled achievements, saying:
Quote:
As we continue our march through rewriting the underlying code of Flight Rising, we will eventually find ourselves ready to tackle the achievements system. Because this system touches so many portions of the game, we have to hold off on developing it until we’re closer to completing the rewrite in order to avoid duplicating work.

All-in-All I can't find the main announcement thread or dev thread but they mention it on occasion. I do think they put out something official but I think they started the revamp a WHILE ago and it's just buried in all the subsequent dev update threads 'n such.

Edit: Also, pff, scrolled down one more post and saw someone already linked to a mention of it, ha. Well, it's more info I guess. Couldn't hurt. If I can track down any sort of 'original' announcement I'll toss it in here
IT7iTv8.png
[quote name="WhySoDelirious" date="2020-05-29 23:08:16" ] [quote name="Jemadar" date="2020-05-29 20:14:52" ] [quote name="WhySoDelirious" date="2020-05-29 19:33:19" ] I know relatively very little about dom mechanics, but doesn’t flight size play a role in which flight gets dom? if that’s true, then I think at least that factor should be fixed or at least tweaked. I don’t know if “flight size” is based on all lairs in a flight, both active and non-active, or simply just all the active lairs (but then how would you decide whether a lair is active or not? what would be the criteria?), but doesn’t that algorithm make it hell for large flights like shadow to get on top vs how much easier it is for smaller flights like earth? if I’m completely wrong then please disregard lmao I haven’t done a lot of research [/quote] To my understanding, inactive lairs, ie lairs that haven't been logged into for 2 weeks I believe, are not counted towards the flight's dominance formula. Also, flights are 'weighted' according to size. Earth, being the smallest flight, or close to it, has their dragons weighted more than other flights. IE, For every dragon that Earth Exalts, shadow has to exalt say 5, water 2 and so on (these are just random numbers, not actual weighting). [/quote] [font=Courier]100% exactly what I was tryna get at. the weighted algorithm seems pretty unfair esp for flights that aren’t very dom-savvy in the first place, ie shadow. I feel like if anything, this part of dom should be changed. [/quote] What is 'Dom-savvy'? (this is a rhetorical question) The point is, it would be very difficult to figure out 'dom-savvy' and create a formula that accounts for it. I don't exalt, because it just doens't have the right rewards for me. However, that doesn't mean I am not dom-savvy. It also doesn't mean that if the formula were changed so that I don't 'weigh' against waterflight, due to my decision to not exalt, it would be any better, because what if I decided to just one day get rid of all my fodder dragons? Would they change the formula? Would they count for much more than they should, because the formula thinks there are fewer active players and can't take into account my sudden decision to exalt? What about the opposite. You have a flight that has a handful of dedicated exalters, but also a lot of casual exalters. The formula is calculated to take this into account, and suddenly two of those heavy exalters don't log in again for a month (illness, no interet, anything else). Suddenly that formula is wrong, because those exalters aren't exalting any dragons, yet the formula was calculated with the idea that they would be. this would also mean either a straight up 1:1 ratio (ie shadow dragons count for the exact same as earth dragons) or it would have to be a formula that can change 'on the fly' to account for whims of players, which is impossible. As for the 1:1 ratio, the problem with that is that smaller flights would never obtain dom again unless it was given to them. Shadow is one of the largest flights, while earth is one of the smallest. This means that if Earth has 50 heavy exalters that can exalt 200 dragons each, it would only take 5000 casual exalters, who only exalt two dragons a week, to match them. While that seems like a huge amount, look at it this way. According to the World map, Earth has a population of 15,677. Shadow, on the other hand has a population of 76,346. Earth has only 20% of the population of shadow. This would mean that, were the ratio 1:1, Earth would have to have most of their population be heavy exalters in order to counteract the effect of shadows casual exalters, because even in non-dom oriented flights, there are players that still exalt dragons, whether for profit or lore, they just don't organize with the rest of the flight to do so. That is why the ratio is formulated the way it is, but as said above, it was created before flight changes were a thing, and before Out of FLight support became so big as well. Unfortunately, those are also two things that can't really be accounted for in a formula. Trying to account for flight changes would end up punishing players who change flights because they like travelling, realized they were in the wrong flight, or just wanted to try out a different aesthetic, and trying to account for out of flight participation would probably end up hurting all flights because what is out of flight participation? buying dragons directly from other people? Holding raffles and fodder buy threads? How do you account for that?
WhySoDelirious wrote on 2020-05-29 19:33:19:

What is 'Dom-savvy'? (this is a rhetorical question)

The point is, it would be very difficult to figure out 'dom-savvy' and create a formula that accounts for it.

I don't exalt, because it just doens't have the right rewards for me. However, that doesn't mean I am not dom-savvy. It also doesn't mean that if the formula were changed so that I don't 'weigh' against waterflight, due to my decision to not exalt, it would be any better, because what if I decided to just one day get rid of all my fodder dragons? Would they change the formula? Would they count for much more than they should, because the formula thinks there are fewer active players and can't take into account my sudden decision to exalt?

What about the opposite. You have a flight that has a handful of dedicated exalters, but also a lot of casual exalters. The formula is calculated to take this into account, and suddenly two of those heavy exalters don't log in again for a month (illness, no interet, anything else). Suddenly that formula is wrong, because those exalters aren't exalting any dragons, yet the formula was calculated with the idea that they would be.

this would also mean either a straight up 1:1 ratio (ie shadow dragons count for the exact same as earth dragons) or it would have to be a formula that can change 'on the fly' to account for whims of players, which is impossible.

As for the 1:1 ratio, the problem with that is that smaller flights would never obtain dom again unless it was given to them. Shadow is one of the largest flights, while earth is one of the smallest. This means that if Earth has 50 heavy exalters that can exalt 200 dragons each, it would only take 5000 casual exalters, who only exalt two dragons a week, to match them.

While that seems like a huge amount, look at it this way. According to the World map, Earth has a population of 15,677. Shadow, on the other hand has a population of 76,346. Earth has only 20% of the population of shadow. This would mean that, were the ratio 1:1, Earth would have to have most of their population be heavy exalters in order to counteract the effect of shadows casual exalters, because even in non-dom oriented flights, there are players that still exalt dragons, whether for profit or lore, they just don't organize with the rest of the flight to do so.

That is why the ratio is formulated the way it is, but as said above, it was created before flight changes were a thing, and before Out of FLight support became so big as well.

Unfortunately, those are also two things that can't really be accounted for in a formula. Trying to account for flight changes would end up punishing players who change flights because they like travelling, realized they were in the wrong flight, or just wanted to try out a different aesthetic, and trying to account for out of flight participation would probably end up hurting all flights because what is out of flight participation? buying dragons directly from other people? Holding raffles and fodder buy threads? How do you account for that?

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Yes, please fix dom. Even when an entire flight, many hundreds of people are fighting, earth can win with ease and it's unfair. I'm not saying they don't try, they do so don't @ me about that, but they have a clear and obvious advantage with the current system. It drains any fun out of fighting when you know you'll lose no matter what. I remember we challenged earth, I saw the statistics. We had so many users exalting thousands of dragons a day. I exalted hundreds, I spent so many hours a day. the board hardly flipped and we were easily crushed, it was so disheartening and it's actually kind of ruined dom for me...no matter how hard you try, you'll fail.

Again, so nobody gets angry and pings me over this (seriously, don't ping me at all, I'm not here for an irritating argument). I am not saying earth doesn't push hard, because it's full of lovely users who try just as hard as we do. But it's nearly impossible to win no matter how much effort you put in and extremely disheartening because of the way things are set up. Things are simply not even close to fair.
Yes, please fix dom. Even when an entire flight, many hundreds of people are fighting, earth can win with ease and it's unfair. I'm not saying they don't try, they do so don't @ me about that, but they have a clear and obvious advantage with the current system. It drains any fun out of fighting when you know you'll lose no matter what. I remember we challenged earth, I saw the statistics. We had so many users exalting thousands of dragons a day. I exalted hundreds, I spent so many hours a day. the board hardly flipped and we were easily crushed, it was so disheartening and it's actually kind of ruined dom for me...no matter how hard you try, you'll fail.

Again, so nobody gets angry and pings me over this (seriously, don't ping me at all, I'm not here for an irritating argument). I am not saying earth doesn't push hard, because it's full of lovely users who try just as hard as we do. But it's nearly impossible to win no matter how much effort you put in and extremely disheartening because of the way things are set up. Things are simply not even close to fair.
t00QRwj.png rOVa8hM.png 6260.png
Wishlist
Clan lore
** They/them
+3 FR time
Adopt shop zAddafE.gifGI49w5A.gif
+3 FR time
[quote]but they have a clear and obvious advantage with the current system. [/quote] We have a clear disadvantage as well - we have less potential exalters, because we're three times as small as your flight is. Meaning that the manpower that we do have, we need to use efficiently, and we learned to do so, because Earth had ALWAYS been the smallest flight. Even though we have less people available to be exalters, trainers, attendants than other flights, less people to go and contribute to the dom bank, we're thriving, because we decided to go and overcome the disadvantage we had by being way less numerous than other flights.
Quote:
but they have a clear and obvious advantage with the current system.

We have a clear disadvantage as well - we have less potential exalters, because we're three times as small as your flight is.

Meaning that the manpower that we do have, we need to use efficiently, and we learned to do so, because Earth had ALWAYS been the smallest flight.

Even though we have less people available to be exalters, trainers, attendants than other flights, less people to go and contribute to the dom bank, we're thriving, because we decided to go and overcome the disadvantage we had by being way less numerous than other flights.
[quote name="Corviknight" date="2020-05-30 12:56:37" ] We have a clear disadvantage as well - we have less potential exalters, because we're three times as small as your flight is. [/quote] Except not with the previously agreed-upon advantage of exalters flocking together to ensure their exalting results in reward. If you want to exalt and money's not enough for you (and based solely on the number of people I've seen moving to Earth to exalt, that's not a small number), then you go to Earth. That's an advantage. More potential exalters is not an advantage, it's just more potential to have an advantage. If there were interesting individual rewards, I wonder if people in general might exalt more...
Corviknight wrote on 2020-05-30 12:56:37:
We have a clear disadvantage as well - we have less potential exalters, because we're three times as small as your flight is.
Except not with the previously agreed-upon advantage of exalters flocking together to ensure their exalting results in reward. If you want to exalt and money's not enough for you (and based solely on the number of people I've seen moving to Earth to exalt, that's not a small number), then you go to Earth. That's an advantage.

More potential exalters is not an advantage, it's just more potential to have an advantage.

If there were interesting individual rewards, I wonder if people in general might exalt more...
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
[quote name="Almedha" date="2020-05-30 13:16:28" ] [quote name="Corviknight" date="2020-05-30 12:56:37" ] We have a clear disadvantage as well - we have less potential exalters, because we're three times as small as your flight is. [/quote] Except not with the previously agreed-upon advantage of exalters flocking together to ensure their exalting results in reward. If you want to exalt and money's not enough for you (and based solely on the number of people I've seen moving to Earth to exalt, that's not a small number), then you go to Earth. That's an advantage. More potential exalters is not an advantage, it's just more potential to have an advantage.[/quote] Except that's not an advantage. That's individual players deciding they value Dom culture over eye color, flight aesthetics, what have you. Which ANY player is capable of doing and has the right to do. Players who are heavily invested in Dom will go to Dom-heavy flights because they want the best return on their work and because they want to be in a flight with people who play the same way they do. We've seen this with other Dom powerhouses like Light and Ice. But that's not Earth's fault nor any kind of "advantage" Earth is being given (by the site) over the other flights because ANY flight with a Dom-heavy culture could interest those players. And Earth as a flight isn't even doing anything to convince, snipe, or otherwise coerce players to join their flight. Besides, this so-called "advantage" could vanish just as quickly as it's emerged without any Dev interference: If a significant amount of players join Earth because they decide they don't care about eye color or flight aesthetics and just want a "free-ride" on Dom perks, that will inflate Earth's numbers as well as add some "weight" in terms of active lairs that aren't actually exalting at normal "Earth" numbers. Additionally, any number of Earth's numerous heavy exalters could just...not log in anymore or stop exalting at the numbers they used to for literally any reason (time, energy, computer access, etc.). Either of these scenarios could conceivably happen without any fanfare or warning at all and both of them would impact Earth's so-called "advantage". And by contrast, a huge influx of Dom-interested players could join say, Wind, and create a Dom-heavy culture that interests more Dom-heavy players. Suddenly Wind is winning right and left and people are angry at Wind for winning all the time and how "unfair" it is because Wind is huge and nobody has a prayer against the flight that huge. Because it's not about size. It's about the players, the flight culture and the number of dragons they're collectively exalting. Earth still has to work together as a flight and exalt at push level numbers to win Dom the way they do. [quote name="Almedha" date="2020-05-30 13:16:28" ]If there were interesting individual rewards, I wonder if people in general might exalt more... [/quote] That said I am heavily in support of individual rewards either through a shop, points, what have you as a way to encourage more exalting and potentially "shake up" Dom numbers.
Almedha wrote on 2020-05-30 13:16:28:
Corviknight wrote on 2020-05-30 12:56:37:
Except not with the previously agreed-upon advantage of exalters flocking together to ensure their exalting results in reward. If you want to exalt and money's not enough for you (and based solely on the number of people I've seen moving to Earth to exalt, that's not a small number), then you go to Earth. That's an advantage.

More potential exalters is not an advantage, it's just more potential to have an advantage.

Except that's not an advantage.

That's individual players deciding they value Dom culture over eye color, flight aesthetics, what have you. Which ANY player is capable of doing and has the right to do.

Players who are heavily invested in Dom will go to Dom-heavy flights because they want the best return on their work and because they want to be in a flight with people who play the same way they do. We've seen this with other Dom powerhouses like Light and Ice.

But that's not Earth's fault nor any kind of "advantage" Earth is being given (by the site) over the other flights because ANY flight with a Dom-heavy culture could interest those players. And Earth as a flight isn't even doing anything to convince, snipe, or otherwise coerce players to join their flight.

Besides, this so-called "advantage" could vanish just as quickly as it's emerged without any Dev interference:

If a significant amount of players join Earth because they decide they don't care about eye color or flight aesthetics and just want a "free-ride" on Dom perks, that will inflate Earth's numbers as well as add some "weight" in terms of active lairs that aren't actually exalting at normal "Earth" numbers.

Additionally, any number of Earth's numerous heavy exalters could just...not log in anymore or stop exalting at the numbers they used to for literally any reason (time, energy, computer access, etc.).

Either of these scenarios could conceivably happen without any fanfare or warning at all and both of them would impact Earth's so-called "advantage".

And by contrast, a huge influx of Dom-interested players could join say, Wind, and create a Dom-heavy culture that interests more Dom-heavy players. Suddenly Wind is winning right and left and people are angry at Wind for winning all the time and how "unfair" it is because Wind is huge and nobody has a prayer against the flight that huge.

Because it's not about size. It's about the players, the flight culture and the number of dragons they're collectively exalting.

Earth still has to work together as a flight and exalt at push level numbers to win Dom the way they do.
Almedha wrote on 2020-05-30 13:16:28:
If there were interesting individual rewards, I wonder if people in general might exalt more...

That said I am heavily in support of individual rewards either through a shop, points, what have you as a way to encourage more exalting and potentially "shake up" Dom numbers.
PeoMDYF.pngUxsWBSZ.png
I'm a huge fan of the dominance currency. Prices could be anything between apparel, familiars or even exclusive gene and eye type. Question is though that would each Flight also have their own unique items, only accessible by that flight?

But there needs to be more prizes for winning, what it is now doesn't feel much a worth to fight for. I don't know what could be added, but I take almost anything at this point.
I'm a huge fan of the dominance currency. Prices could be anything between apparel, familiars or even exclusive gene and eye type. Question is though that would each Flight also have their own unique items, only accessible by that flight?

But there needs to be more prizes for winning, what it is now doesn't feel much a worth to fight for. I don't know what could be added, but I take almost anything at this point.
c1xnUU3.png
JrZGMGx.pngwCOCqt3.pngbYt72YT.pngFObX7rS.pngWQA384m.pngdEo6ta2.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10