Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Please Fix Dominance
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
@Kapow Shadow was able to beat Earth once in 2013, but I don't think we can say we were as active in dom back in the day as Earth is now. Looking at the dom statistics thread, we won 5 weeks of dom (including Trickmurk) in 2014. Compare that to Earth's stats from 2019, which is 15 weeks of dom (counting the fest).

Source: this thread
@Kapow Shadow was able to beat Earth once in 2013, but I don't think we can say we were as active in dom back in the day as Earth is now. Looking at the dom statistics thread, we won 5 weeks of dom (including Trickmurk) in 2014. Compare that to Earth's stats from 2019, which is 15 weeks of dom (counting the fest).

Source: this thread
jCVhFoZ.gif
@Kitava
Id say the flights were more active in regard to dom back then, in general.

It was definitely way more active than it is now.

The Shrouded shadow militia as a dom operation, for example, is Dissolved and no other organization groups have taken its place for shadow, since.
any attempts to revamp or create a new dom operation group in shadow seems to sort of fall off or go unnoticed.

A lot more players were interested* in Dom, then, than they are now.

Earth is almost exclusively "the dom flight" now.
@Kitava
Id say the flights were more active in regard to dom back then, in general.

It was definitely way more active than it is now.

The Shrouded shadow militia as a dom operation, for example, is Dissolved and no other organization groups have taken its place for shadow, since.
any attempts to revamp or create a new dom operation group in shadow seems to sort of fall off or go unnoticed.

A lot more players were interested* in Dom, then, than they are now.

Earth is almost exclusively "the dom flight" now.
A dragon dressed up as bubbles and fish that has a Bio full of lesser known tips and tricks to Flight Rising
I do think dom rewards should be upgraded in some aspects. An extra couple kt is literally nothing. It is pennies. The only thing that makes dom worth it at all is the discounts, but even they aren't that great and can easily be made up by simply hoardselling a few things.

But then, if you make dom rewards too good without fixing the current balancing issues, that could also be a disaster.

There's a reason no one, not even light or plague who are known for their dom efforts, wants to challenge Earth. There is just no possible way for any flight to beat Earth, if both flights gave it their all. I'm sure they work hard for their dom over there, but you can't deny that there is a huge balancing issue when one flight is passively getting top 3 every week of the entire year.

There's just not enough incentive anymore.
I do think dom rewards should be upgraded in some aspects. An extra couple kt is literally nothing. It is pennies. The only thing that makes dom worth it at all is the discounts, but even they aren't that great and can easily be made up by simply hoardselling a few things.

But then, if you make dom rewards too good without fixing the current balancing issues, that could also be a disaster.

There's a reason no one, not even light or plague who are known for their dom efforts, wants to challenge Earth. There is just no possible way for any flight to beat Earth, if both flights gave it their all. I'm sure they work hard for their dom over there, but you can't deny that there is a huge balancing issue when one flight is passively getting top 3 every week of the entire year.

There's just not enough incentive anymore.
tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif
> +3 FR
>She/Her
>Stuck in G1 Hell
@Dreamson You're seriously underestimating how profitable the MP discount is, since many items sell for more than their MP value on the AH if they aren't currently stocked.

The dom bonus is WHY heavy exalters might choose to congregate in one place. If you're gonna go through the effort of exalting 50 dragons a day, you might as well be in the flight that'll reward that.
@Dreamson You're seriously underestimating how profitable the MP discount is, since many items sell for more than their MP value on the AH if they aren't currently stocked.

The dom bonus is WHY heavy exalters might choose to congregate in one place. If you're gonna go through the effort of exalting 50 dragons a day, you might as well be in the flight that'll reward that.
Help I'm trapped in a signature!
@LordJeanliness
Yes, I know how good the mp discount can be if you resell (I do it myself), but that takes time, effort, and dedication. Most casual players are not interested in investing the time to open a dom shop or mass resell on the AH, and I think casual players play a large factor in the "fixing" of dom. To a less dom centered play style, it's not the great.
@LordJeanliness
Yes, I know how good the mp discount can be if you resell (I do it myself), but that takes time, effort, and dedication. Most casual players are not interested in investing the time to open a dom shop or mass resell on the AH, and I think casual players play a large factor in the "fixing" of dom. To a less dom centered play style, it's not the great.
tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif
> +3 FR
>She/Her
>Stuck in G1 Hell
[quote name="Naegiri" date="2020-05-29 16:24:07" ] I see! Would assume that'd have come up in my prior conversation as it was with a few dominance fans, and the fact that a ton of flightless/inactive accounts were automatically moved to Earth to help balance Dominance (I believe? I remember hearing about that). I'll assume World Map doesn't exclude inactive accounts, then (wish it would, just for the sake of Dominance). Thanks for letting me know. <3 [/quote] Clans that hadn’t chosen a flight were causing some backend issues with dominance so the admins asigned them into a flight. The initial batch were put in earth because it was the 1st flight And it was easier to send them all to one flight, they are now randomized. It was nothing about balancing dominance Just some bug fixing [quote] Earth Flight and the October registration window: After the October registration window there were so many Element-less Clans that it was harming the Dominance results. As the inactive, Flight-less accounts were causing problems with Dominance and its rewards, we had to move swiftly to ensure no further interruptions to the Dominance mechanic or the standings of the winning Flights. These accounts were assigned the first element, Earth. We know Earth is concerned about what this means for them, all of these inactive accounts - Dominance does not factor inactive accounts when tallying the results. Starting with the November window, we will be sure to spread Element-less Clans across all 11 Flights. -[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/1265996]Source[/url] [/quote]
Naegiri wrote on 2020-05-29 16:24:07:
I see! Would assume that'd have come up in my prior conversation as it was with a few dominance fans, and the fact that a ton of flightless/inactive accounts were automatically moved to Earth to help balance Dominance (I believe? I remember hearing about that). I'll assume World Map doesn't exclude inactive accounts, then (wish it would, just for the sake of Dominance).

Thanks for letting me know. <3
Clans that hadn’t chosen a flight were causing some backend issues with dominance so the admins asigned them into a flight. The initial batch were put in earth because it was the 1st flight And it was easier to send them all to one flight, they are now randomized. It was nothing about balancing dominance Just some bug fixing
Quote:
Earth Flight and the October registration window:
After the October registration window there were so many Element-less Clans that it was harming the Dominance results. As the inactive, Flight-less accounts were causing problems with Dominance and its rewards, we had to move swiftly to ensure no further interruptions to the Dominance mechanic or the standings of the winning Flights. These accounts were assigned the first element, Earth. We know Earth is concerned about what this means for them, all of these inactive accounts - Dominance does not factor inactive accounts when tallying the results. Starting with the November window, we will be sure to spread Element-less Clans across all 11 Flights.

-Source
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
@Kapow The Shrouded Militia is still running! Granted it's less active than it was before the reboot, I agree with you on that, but if you look in the shadow dom forums the sticky is there and people still participate!
@Kapow The Shrouded Militia is still running! Granted it's less active than it was before the reboot, I agree with you on that, but if you look in the shadow dom forums the sticky is there and people still participate!
jCVhFoZ.gif
@Kitava Ah heck i didnt even realize it! I thought it fell off for good. Didnt even realize there was a reboot of specifically tsm itself! I should observe the shadow forums more closely [emoji=nocturne star size=1]
@Kitava
Ah heck
i didnt even realize it! I thought it fell off for good.
Didnt even realize there was a reboot of specifically tsm itself!

I should observe the shadow forums more closely
A dragon dressed up as bubbles and fish that has a Bio full of lesser known tips and tricks to Flight Rising
I know relatively very little about dom mechanics, but doesn’t flight size play a role in which flight gets dom? if that’s true, then I think at least that factor should be fixed or at least tweaked. I don’t know if “flight size” is based on all lairs in a flight, both active and non-active, or simply just all the active lairs (but then how would you decide whether a lair is active or not? what would be the criteria?), but doesn’t that algorithm make it hell for large flights like shadow to get on top vs how much easier it is for smaller flights like earth? if I’m completely wrong then please disregard lmao I haven’t done a lot of research
I know relatively very little about dom mechanics, but doesn’t flight size play a role in which flight gets dom? if that’s true, then I think at least that factor should be fixed or at least tweaked. I don’t know if “flight size” is based on all lairs in a flight, both active and non-active, or simply just all the active lairs (but then how would you decide whether a lair is active or not? what would be the criteria?), but doesn’t that algorithm make it hell for large flights like shadow to get on top vs how much easier it is for smaller flights like earth? if I’m completely wrong then please disregard lmao I haven’t done a lot of research
ink2.png 17
bpd & adhd lol
ive lost my mind
fr+0
[quote name="@WhySoDelirious" date="2020-05-29 19:33:19" ] I know relatively very little about dom mechanics, but doesn’t flight size play a role in which flight gets dom? if that’s true, then I think at least that factor should be fixed or at least tweaked. I don’t know if “flight size” is based on all lairs in a flight, both active and non-active, or simply just all the active lairs (but then how would you decide whether a lair is active or not? what would be the criteria?), but doesn’t that algorithm make it hell for large flights like shadow to get on top vs how much easier it is for smaller flights like earth? if I’m completely wrong then please disregard lmao I haven’t done a lot of research [/quote] To my understanding, inactive lairs, ie lairs that haven't been logged into for 2 weeks I believe, are not counted towards the flight's dominance formula. Also, flights are 'weighted' according to size. Earth, being the smallest flight, or close to it, has their dragons weighted more than other flights. IE, For every dragon that Earth Exalts, shadow has to exalt say 5, water 2 and so on (these are just random numbers, not actual weighting).
@WhySoDelirious wrote on 2020-05-29 19:33:19:
To my understanding, inactive lairs, ie lairs that haven't been logged into for 2 weeks I believe, are not counted towards the flight's dominance formula.

Also, flights are 'weighted' according to size. Earth, being the smallest flight, or close to it, has their dragons weighted more than other flights.

IE, For every dragon that Earth Exalts, shadow has to exalt say 5, water 2 and so on (these are just random numbers, not actual weighting).

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10