Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Please Fix Dominance
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[quote name="ImpossibleJedi4" date="2020-05-26 20:23:51" ] Please, Earth is winning without even trying and that's a good sign it's busted [/quote] Are you in Earth? How do you know we're not trying?
ImpossibleJedi4 wrote on 2020-05-26 20:23:51:
Please, Earth is winning without even trying and that's a good sign it's busted
Are you in Earth? How do you know we're not trying?
[quote name="ImpossibleJedi4" date="2020-05-26 20:23:51" ] Please, Earth is winning without even trying and that's a good sign it's busted [/quote] How do you define "really trying"? Many of us define it as organizing a conquest push. Even a profit push can be viewed as "trying". No flight has an organized push this week. So far this year, Earth has placed first 5 times. One of those weeks, Earth was conquest pushing. Only one other week had another flight pushing (Arcane, and it was only a profit push, which is typically more about making money than getting first). The other 3 weeks, there was no organized push. The problem isn't that Earth doesn't put in the effort... it's that some weeks NO flight "really tries" and every week has to have a winner, so the flight with the strongest exalting culture comes out on top.
ImpossibleJedi4 wrote on 2020-05-26 20:23:51:
Please, Earth is winning without even trying and that's a good sign it's busted
How do you define "really trying"?
Many of us define it as organizing a conquest push. Even a profit push can be viewed as "trying".

No flight has an organized push this week.

So far this year, Earth has placed first 5 times. One of those weeks, Earth was conquest pushing. Only one other week had another flight pushing (Arcane, and it was only a profit push, which is typically more about making money than getting first). The other 3 weeks, there was no organized push.

The problem isn't that Earth doesn't put in the effort... it's that some weeks NO flight "really tries" and every week has to have a winner, so the flight with the strongest exalting culture comes out on top.
ZQGfAQY.png
Yeah the reason why earth constantly wins is that nobody pushes (due to the aforementioned reasons, expensive, crappy rewards, etc). Revamping dom will not push Earth out of being a powerhouse, it would incentivize pushes to happen more frequently like they did in the early days of this site (and incentivize players to exalt more in general, such as through dom shops), which might mean more flights would be winning dom more often.
Yeah the reason why earth constantly wins is that nobody pushes (due to the aforementioned reasons, expensive, crappy rewards, etc). Revamping dom will not push Earth out of being a powerhouse, it would incentivize pushes to happen more frequently like they did in the early days of this site (and incentivize players to exalt more in general, such as through dom shops), which might mean more flights would be winning dom more often.
jCVhFoZ.gif
[quote name="reliquiaen" date="2020-05-27 04:45:07" ] i'm in favour of a second dom overhaul. the last one was sorely needed and it has definitely stagnated in recent years again, [/quote] Finally, someone mentions that Dom was already redone once. (This was at the time of the beastclans release.) The thing a lot of people don't know is that the site recode has been going on since 2014 or maybe earlier, so there's a few things that were redone first like Dom that we might have to wait for a second redo until everything has been revamped once. That said, it might be nice to get something else for exalting. I have thought that there should be larger bonuses for Dom, and that exalting points shop would at least be interesting.
reliquiaen wrote on 2020-05-27 04:45:07:
i'm in favour of a second dom overhaul. the last one was sorely needed and it has definitely stagnated in recent years again,

Finally, someone mentions that Dom was already redone once. (This was at the time of the beastclans release.)

The thing a lot of people don't know is that the site recode has been going on since 2014 or maybe earlier, so there's a few things that were redone first like Dom that we might have to wait for a second redo until everything has been revamped once.

That said, it might be nice to get something else for exalting. I have thought that there should be larger bonuses for Dom, and that exalting points shop would at least be interesting.
Professional Grump

I live for memes
Yeah, the system should def be overhauled. I agree with a points shop people have brought up, and bigger rewards (Maybe increase primal eye chance for dominating flights... THAT, I think, would definitely get people exalting for those pretty, pretty arcane eyes.)
Yeah, the system should def be overhauled. I agree with a points shop people have brought up, and bigger rewards (Maybe increase primal eye chance for dominating flights... THAT, I think, would definitely get people exalting for those pretty, pretty arcane eyes.)
Since this is recent, and I think puts Earth culture into perspective, we had 40 or so Earth members put in almost 20% (last I checked) of the levels sent to Nature in their last push. That's almost 64,000 levels, or about 1,800 levels average per person who participated. We love dominance and exalting for profit!

I do agree the reward for dominance should be adjusted, or there should be another reward for exalting. Maybe something like the Festive Favors shop for the dominant flight, or something like the Feats from Fiona for exalting so many levels, bonuses, or dragons from an element as examples. I don't think the actual formula needs adjustment.

However, if bonus is given to the dominating flight, any sort of shop or feats unlocked, etc. Earth might still get dominance fairly often, so it needs to be an incentive that actually gets more people exalting. Otherwise people will be even more irritated with Earth flight as we already find the current exalt payout very profitable.
Since this is recent, and I think puts Earth culture into perspective, we had 40 or so Earth members put in almost 20% (last I checked) of the levels sent to Nature in their last push. That's almost 64,000 levels, or about 1,800 levels average per person who participated. We love dominance and exalting for profit!

I do agree the reward for dominance should be adjusted, or there should be another reward for exalting. Maybe something like the Festive Favors shop for the dominant flight, or something like the Feats from Fiona for exalting so many levels, bonuses, or dragons from an element as examples. I don't think the actual formula needs adjustment.

However, if bonus is given to the dominating flight, any sort of shop or feats unlocked, etc. Earth might still get dominance fairly often, so it needs to be an incentive that actually gets more people exalting. Otherwise people will be even more irritated with Earth flight as we already find the current exalt payout very profitable.
E2amngG.png04n5rQx.png8th6mfc.pngtPW2xgo.pngarOGchX.png
I like the idea of consumable items in an exalt shop. Consumables that give players more personal control over their dragons would be highly desirable and greatly encourage exalting dragons yourself, over sending them to a public buy. (massive potential drama aside) Imagine if you could buy clanbound, [item=vial of scattersight] only with the points you got from exalting your own dragons. If you really wanted a primal, the average for getting one runs over 100 vials (based on data from the release). All the dragons would be launched.
I like the idea of consumable items in an exalt shop.
Consumables that give players more personal control over their dragons would be highly desirable and greatly encourage exalting dragons yourself, over sending them to a public buy.

(massive potential drama aside)
Imagine if you could buy clanbound,
Vial of Scattersight
only with the points you got from exalting your own dragons.

If you really wanted a primal, the average for getting one runs over 100 vials (based on data from the release). All the dragons would be launched.
YgOQ2oY.pngRfSBvPi.pngRtSbM78.pngiezVfl0.pngiWjBTCn.png

[quote name="AlphaSobek" date="2020-05-25 16:22:04" ] It might also be worth mentioning that the site is going through a complete revamp [/quote] oh? i havent seen anything about this, can you give me a source or is it just an observational thing (not a "prove it" request here btw just like genuine curiosity from someone who returned a few months ago and hasnt kept up with this kind of stuff) also yes to dom revamp. i literally do not pay attention to dom. i didnt even realise ice was dominating until like an hour before dom reset because the rewards were so unnoticeable and minor.
AlphaSobek wrote on 2020-05-25 16:22:04:
It might also be worth mentioning that the site is going through a complete revamp

oh? i havent seen anything about this, can you give me a source or is it just an observational thing (not a "prove it" request here btw just like genuine curiosity from someone who returned a few months ago and hasnt kept up with this kind of stuff)

also yes to dom revamp. i literally do not pay attention to dom. i didnt even realise ice was dominating until like an hour before dom reset because the rewards were so unnoticeable and minor.
iceshieldr.png___

ERIDAN h03-icon-twinkle.gif HE/HIM h03-icon-twinkle.gif FR +8
if i remain lost & die on a cross
at least i wasn't born in a manger
[quote name="Eridan" date="2020-05-29 07:11:57" ] [quote name="AlphaSobek" date="2020-05-25 16:22:04" ] It might also be worth mentioning that the site is going through a complete revamp [/quote] oh? i havent seen anything about this, can you give me a source or is it just an observational thing (not a "prove it" request here btw just like genuine curiosity from someone who returned a few months ago and hasnt kept up with this kind of stuff) also yes to dom revamp. i literally do not pay attention to dom. i didnt even realise ice was dominating until like an hour before dom reset because the rewards were so unnoticeable and minor. [/quote] I'm not the person you quoted, however I was curious about this as well, so I dug around to see what I can find. I looked through many developer announcements and some Ask the Team posts, and the most I can find is a brief mention of a total site revamp [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2839026]in the March 2020 Community Update[/url]. Ctrl+F "dark theme" to get to that mention quickly. Bit off-topic for here, so I'll add a bit more to the discussion: remember Earth is the smallest flight. The system is fair to flights of all size, so the smaller flights don't get completely steamrolled by the larger flights. When you put a decent portion of Dominance fans in one small flight, then you'll see that they win pretty often. It's similar to putting all the pro soccer players in PE on one small team and have them play the rest of the class. I remember talking with some people a while back on potential updates to Dominance, and we brought up the idea of changing battle weariness and/or what counts as an "active" account — for this latter idea, accounts that never exalted a dragon wouldn't count as "active" in terms of Dominance, or if they haven't played for X hours in the last X amount of time, they wouldn't count, etc. It's a small change, but maybe it's a start somewhere?
Eridan wrote on 2020-05-29 07:11:57:
AlphaSobek wrote on 2020-05-25 16:22:04:
It might also be worth mentioning that the site is going through a complete revamp

oh? i havent seen anything about this, can you give me a source or is it just an observational thing (not a "prove it" request here btw just like genuine curiosity from someone who returned a few months ago and hasnt kept up with this kind of stuff)

also yes to dom revamp. i literally do not pay attention to dom. i didnt even realise ice was dominating until like an hour before dom reset because the rewards were so unnoticeable and minor.
I'm not the person you quoted, however I was curious about this as well, so I dug around to see what I can find. I looked through many developer announcements and some Ask the Team posts, and the most I can find is a brief mention of a total site revamp in the March 2020 Community Update. Ctrl+F "dark theme" to get to that mention quickly.

Bit off-topic for here, so I'll add a bit more to the discussion: remember Earth is the smallest flight. The system is fair to flights of all size, so the smaller flights don't get completely steamrolled by the larger flights. When you put a decent portion of Dominance fans in one small flight, then you'll see that they win pretty often. It's similar to putting all the pro soccer players in PE on one small team and have them play the rest of the class.

I remember talking with some people a while back on potential updates to Dominance, and we brought up the idea of changing battle weariness and/or what counts as an "active" account — for this latter idea, accounts that never exalted a dragon wouldn't count as "active" in terms of Dominance, or if they haven't played for X hours in the last X amount of time, they wouldn't count, etc. It's a small change, but maybe it's a start somewhere?
fo11Vhp.png
[quote]I remember talking with some people a while back on potential updates to Dominance, and we brought up the idea of changing battle weariness and/or what counts as an "active" account — for this latter idea, accounts that never exalted a dragon wouldn't count as "active" in terms of Dominance, or if they haven't played for X hours in the last X amount of time, they wouldn't count, etc. It's a small change, but maybe it's a start somewhere?[/quote] This will discourage players from joining in dom activities if they haven't frequently, and will incentivize ALL dragons being sold to one or two players in-flight rather than being exalted by more members of the flight.
Quote:
I remember talking with some people a while back on potential updates to Dominance, and we brought up the idea of changing battle weariness and/or what counts as an "active" account — for this latter idea, accounts that never exalted a dragon wouldn't count as "active" in terms of Dominance, or if they haven't played for X hours in the last X amount of time, they wouldn't count, etc. It's a small change, but maybe it's a start somewhere?

This will discourage players from joining in dom activities if they haven't frequently, and will incentivize ALL dragons being sold to one or two players in-flight rather than being exalted by more members of the flight.
Help I'm trapped in a signature!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10