Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Raise fest skin amount
1 2 3 4 5 6
Massive support, especially since skins don't retire anymore, it's not unreasonable for even casual players to be able to get all of them. Honestly, it feels like the fest skin cap should've been raised years ago.

Honestly, what I'd like best would be having two skins for every breed, so we get a skin for every breed and every pose, too. Not sure how feasible that is, but as someone who is picky with breeds and generally only likes male poses, it's frustrating to see a bunch of skins I can never use every fest.
Massive support, especially since skins don't retire anymore, it's not unreasonable for even casual players to be able to get all of them. Honestly, it feels like the fest skin cap should've been raised years ago.

Honestly, what I'd like best would be having two skins for every breed, so we get a skin for every breed and every pose, too. Not sure how feasible that is, but as someone who is picky with breeds and generally only likes male poses, it's frustrating to see a bunch of skins I can never use every fest.
6ntc1cC.jpg
[quote name="pokemonbutch" date="2020-03-22 13:59:19" ] @/Severynn I wasn't trying to say I was representing in your post, I meant to say that I don't think more slots will automatically fix the problem - they might just start doubling existing breeds rather than making sure new ones are entering. My proposal is that, regardless of the number of slots, they make a guarantee that no breed will get two skins and/or accents per festival, so that even if we stay at the current 14, that is a guaranteed 14 different breeds [/quote] I do like that idea. Look at snappers for example, no skins since november. They're from earth. During earth fest, they only got one skin, while three other breeds got two skins Edit: Whoops I pinged myself
pokemonbutch wrote on 2020-03-22 13:59:19:
@/Severynn I wasn't trying to say I was representing in your post, I meant to say that I don't think more slots will automatically fix the problem - they might just start doubling existing breeds rather than making sure new ones are entering.

My proposal is that, regardless of the number of slots, they make a guarantee that no breed will get two skins and/or accents per festival, so that even if we stay at the current 14, that is a guaranteed 14 different breeds
I do like that idea. Look at snappers for example, no skins since november. They're from earth. During earth fest, they only got one skin, while three other breeds got two skins

Edit: Whoops I pinged myself

[quote name="pokemonbutch" date="2020-03-22 13:59:19" ] My proposal is that, regardless of the number of slots, they make a guarantee that no breed will get two skins and/or accents per festival, so that even if we stay at the current 14, that is a guaranteed 14 different breeds [/quote] This problem with this is if you have two good skins for one breed but no quality submissions for another we get a badly made skin simply to fill a quota, rather than two good ones because they doubled up on a breed. There's a LOT of skins submitted that aren't up to the level of art quality that the site should be holding to for fest skins. What you're proposing means abandoning art standards in favor of just checking boxes with whatever is available. I'd rather see breeds getting picked more than once if that's the way it works out that month, than ugly badly-made skins getting picked by default because they were the only one submitted for a breed.
pokemonbutch wrote on 2020-03-22 13:59:19:
My proposal is that, regardless of the number of slots, they make a guarantee that no breed will get two skins and/or accents per festival, so that even if we stay at the current 14, that is a guaranteed 14 different breeds

This problem with this is if you have two good skins for one breed but no quality submissions for another we get a badly made skin simply to fill a quota, rather than two good ones because they doubled up on a breed.

There's a LOT of skins submitted that aren't up to the level of art quality that the site should be holding to for fest skins. What you're proposing means abandoning art standards in favor of just checking boxes with whatever is available.
I'd rather see breeds getting picked more than once if that's the way it works out that month, than ugly badly-made skins getting picked by default because they were the only one submitted for a breed.
no, no god please no
no, no god please no
sBdLZtA.png
I always want more skins for festivals :D

I suggested it a while ago (like... a long time ago haha, and they did up it soon after) and the general consensus back then seemed to be "I don't want more skins because I can't afford them and if I can't afford them they should not be added" which I don't agree with. Some people being unable or unwilling to buy them all doesn't seem like a good reason to not add more, imo.

I always want more skins for festivals :D

I suggested it a while ago (like... a long time ago haha, and they did up it soon after) and the general consensus back then seemed to be "I don't want more skins because I can't afford them and if I can't afford them they should not be added" which I don't agree with. Some people being unable or unwilling to buy them all doesn't seem like a good reason to not add more, imo.

Honestly, support for just adding like... Two more. Not to match breed numbers over time, but just to have two more going forward.

So it's not because we're getting more breeds, necessarily, but because of Ancients. The two extra skins wouldn't have to be for Ancients, necessarily, but I feel like it'd make it more fair to have the spots available, considering Ancients can't have apparel and are going to more frequently be the "new breed," leading to people creating more skins for them. So there'll be more room to accommodate for this bias people will have without unfairly snubbing modern breeds.
Honestly, support for just adding like... Two more. Not to match breed numbers over time, but just to have two more going forward.

So it's not because we're getting more breeds, necessarily, but because of Ancients. The two extra skins wouldn't have to be for Ancients, necessarily, but I feel like it'd make it more fair to have the spots available, considering Ancients can't have apparel and are going to more frequently be the "new breed," leading to people creating more skins for them. So there'll be more room to accommodate for this bias people will have without unfairly snubbing modern breeds.
9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
x78oEKd.png f9a32de21f619685c021adafe3a356066a54ad09.png
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif
2rTMEfu.png
Check out my adopts at
Infernal Beasts,
my lore-based
Scatterquest,
or my skin shop,
Dracopunk!
Support, with more breeds coming out and a larger player base with open reg, there's so many artists that want that spotlight and I would love to see more artists work shown off. It would also give even more of a treasure sink and that's always useful. Perhaps maybe 2 or 3 more slots? 1 more Baldwins and 2 or 1 more mp?
Support, with more breeds coming out and a larger player base with open reg, there's so many artists that want that spotlight and I would love to see more artists work shown off. It would also give even more of a treasure sink and that's always useful. Perhaps maybe 2 or 3 more slots? 1 more Baldwins and 2 or 1 more mp?
615i00.png
Fr blog | Adopts | Skins
Fr + 0
oru7s0.png
Full support. Nobody is forced to get every single skin each festival, so I don't see a problem with raising the amount of skins.
Full support. Nobody is forced to get every single skin each festival, so I don't see a problem with raising the amount of skins.
Noooo. Please, no. At least not keeping up with the number of breeds we have. It's already so tiresome trying to get hold of all the skins. No, nobody is forced to do it, but a solid number of people enjoy doing so--and when you can't get gem skins, fest skins are what you have to work with. And the thought of making everyone spend EVEN MORE time in the Coli... don't y'all usually fight against that? Ergh. No. Two at the most.
Noooo. Please, no. At least not keeping up with the number of breeds we have. It's already so tiresome trying to get hold of all the skins. No, nobody is forced to do it, but a solid number of people enjoy doing so--and when you can't get gem skins, fest skins are what you have to work with. And the thought of making everyone spend EVEN MORE time in the Coli... don't y'all usually fight against that? Ergh. No. Two at the most.
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
[quote name="Snek" date="2020-03-23 07:57:55" ] Noooo. Please, no. At least not keeping up with the number of breeds we have. It's already so tiresome trying to get hold of all the skins. No, nobody is forced to do it, but a solid number of people enjoy doing so--and when you can't get gem skins, fest skins are what you have to work with. And the thought of making everyone spend EVEN MORE time in the Coli... don't y'all usually fight against that? Ergh. No. Two at the most. [/quote] This is why I only support baldwin skins. Those are usually cheaper than the others, and the materials required usually come from digging, which most players are doing at this time anyway (at least I change to digging to try to get chests) or scavenging. It is also why, while I can see the skin limit being raised somewhat, I definitely do not support it 'keeping up with the number of breeds' we have. For the ancient problem, that could easily be solved by utilizing the unused gem and treasure MP skin area. Hold an ancient skin contest and put the winning skins/accents in those two MP areas, some for treasure, some for gems. Just keep adding more skins as time goes by and rotate out older skins as needed.
Snek wrote on 2020-03-23 07:57:55:
This is why I only support baldwin skins. Those are usually cheaper than the others, and the materials required usually come from digging, which most players are doing at this time anyway (at least I change to digging to try to get chests) or scavenging.

It is also why, while I can see the skin limit being raised somewhat, I definitely do not support it 'keeping up with the number of breeds' we have.

For the ancient problem, that could easily be solved by utilizing the unused gem and treasure MP skin area. Hold an ancient skin contest and put the winning skins/accents in those two MP areas, some for treasure, some for gems. Just keep adding more skins as time goes by and rotate out older skins as needed.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
1 2 3 4 5 6