Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Raise fest skin amount
1 2 3 4 5 6
I’d like to see more skins selected. Even there are plenty of repeat breeds, there’s a bigger chance there’ll be some that I like, plus it does give a better chance to the newer breeds, especially ancients since festival skins and accents are the only way to customize them outside of UMAs
I’d like to see more skins selected. Even there are plenty of repeat breeds, there’s a bigger chance there’ll be some that I like, plus it does give a better chance to the newer breeds, especially ancients since festival skins and accents are the only way to customize them outside of UMAs
vlHpjp8.png .
he/him

FR+3:00
. .
checked on swipp, baldwin, or arlo lately?
_ wizardry2.gif
i would really like to see an increase in fest skins. maybe even separate modern nd ancient skin submissions completely.
i would really like to see an increase in fest skins. maybe even separate modern nd ancient skin submissions completely.
SXqaLwu.png

she/her
FR + 8/9
x
x
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxart shop
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxg1 sales
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxprofile dragon

[quote name="Corviknight" date="2020-03-27 18:42:23" ] [quote] I want EFFECTIVE treasure sinks, not just any old treasure sink.[/quote] Limited-time sinks are more effective than permanent sinks, because there is always a sense of emergency - people are gonna spend more time on the site to make sure they get the item. If more lair expansions are added, I don't have an emergency to go and sink my money yet. It does not really boost my interest in the long run, and I don't play more than I usually do. However, if there are items cycling in, or retiring in two weeks from now, this will absolutely boost afluence on the site, meaning more ad revenue and more treasure being sunk. [/quote] Imma be honest here, you don’t understand what an effective treasure sink is. Effective sinks must be consistent drains. AH taxes, the MP, lair expansions, Roundsey. There’s no such thing as a treasure sink that at the same time demands a quick accruing of funds. Treasure gets mass produced in prep for festivals, for NotN, any big event is immediately preceded by people trying to gain as much treasure as they can to participate. Like you said, you don’t rush to accrue funds to pay the AH tax, you don’t rush to accrue treasure for the next lair expansion, you don’t completely negate the point of the sink when you start thinking about buying a gene scroll or some new apparel.
Corviknight wrote on 2020-03-27 18:42:23:
Quote:
I want EFFECTIVE treasure sinks, not just any old treasure sink.

Limited-time sinks are more effective than permanent sinks, because there is always a sense of emergency - people are gonna spend more time on the site to make sure they get the item.

If more lair expansions are added, I don't have an emergency to go and sink my money yet. It does not really boost my interest in the long run, and I don't play more than I usually do.

However, if there are items cycling in, or retiring in two weeks from now, this will absolutely boost afluence on the site, meaning more ad revenue and more treasure being sunk.

Imma be honest here, you don’t understand what an effective treasure sink is.

Effective sinks must be consistent drains. AH taxes, the MP, lair expansions, Roundsey. There’s no such thing as a treasure sink that at the same time demands a quick accruing of funds.

Treasure gets mass produced in prep for festivals, for NotN, any big event is immediately preceded by people trying to gain as much treasure as they can to participate.

Like you said, you don’t rush to accrue funds to pay the AH tax, you don’t rush to accrue treasure for the next lair expansion, you don’t completely negate the point of the sink when you start thinking about buying a gene scroll or some new apparel.
sBdLZtA.png
[quote]Like you said, you don’t rush to accrue funds to pay the AH tax, you don’t rush to accrue treasure for the next lair expansion, you don’t completely negate the point of the sink when you start thinking about buying a gene scroll or some new apparel.[/quote] I don't know that's true? When I get a lair expansion, it is a "rush to accrue treasure." I usually do it when I know my Flight will be dominant and I go out and exalt dragons and play fairgrounds specifically for the expansion. I don't think I'm alone in this. It's not like, "Oh, hey, look at that. I've happened to save up over a million treasure for that lair expansion I wanted." I (and I imagine a lot of people) have to have focused earning goals to get those big-ticket items. I'd blow all the treasure on apparel if I didn't. The only thing I don't go out and make treasure specifically for is the AH tax... But that's because it's in the cost of the item I'm buying, I guess? It's not my tax. And I don't price the things I sell on the AH to take the tax into account. I don't understand why you think treasure isn't mass produced for those other things. It's not all at the same time like in a festival, but I have serious doubts that a lot of the treasure that goes into expansions and genes isn't gathered quickly from the site via things like exalting and fairgrounds. By contrast, I save up for the festival over the course of the month with AH sales, familiar bonding chests, and some exalting. That approach might be fairly rare, though.
Quote:
Like you said, you don’t rush to accrue funds to pay the AH tax, you don’t rush to accrue treasure for the next lair expansion, you don’t completely negate the point of the sink when you start thinking about buying a gene scroll or some new apparel.
I don't know that's true? When I get a lair expansion, it is a "rush to accrue treasure." I usually do it when I know my Flight will be dominant and I go out and exalt dragons and play fairgrounds specifically for the expansion. I don't think I'm alone in this. It's not like, "Oh, hey, look at that. I've happened to save up over a million treasure for that lair expansion I wanted." I (and I imagine a lot of people) have to have focused earning goals to get those big-ticket items. I'd blow all the treasure on apparel if I didn't.

The only thing I don't go out and make treasure specifically for is the AH tax... But that's because it's in the cost of the item I'm buying, I guess? It's not my tax. And I don't price the things I sell on the AH to take the tax into account.

I don't understand why you think treasure isn't mass produced for those other things. It's not all at the same time like in a festival, but I have serious doubts that a lot of the treasure that goes into expansions and genes isn't gathered quickly from the site via things like exalting and fairgrounds.

By contrast, I save up for the festival over the course of the month with AH sales, familiar bonding chests, and some exalting. That approach might be fairly rare, though.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
Quote:

Do tell me what an effective treasure sink, because in my eyes, permanent ones aren't sinking enough anymore. Lair expansions are especially nowhere the sink they used to be since hibernal den was introduced.

We need temporary sinks that are more alluring, where you HAVE TO DO IT NOW. Like, a treasure equivalent to Wildclaw scrolls, or Nightsky silks - things people want, but will only be available for a week.

Skins would be perfect for that.
Quote:
I have serious doubts that a lot of the treasure that goes into expansions and genes isn't gathered quickly from the site via things like exalting and fairgrounds.

You are correct.
Quote:

Do tell me what an effective treasure sink, because in my eyes, permanent ones aren't sinking enough anymore. Lair expansions are especially nowhere the sink they used to be since hibernal den was introduced.

We need temporary sinks that are more alluring, where you HAVE TO DO IT NOW. Like, a treasure equivalent to Wildclaw scrolls, or Nightsky silks - things people want, but will only be available for a week.

Skins would be perfect for that.
Quote:
I have serious doubts that a lot of the treasure that goes into expansions and genes isn't gathered quickly from the site via things like exalting and fairgrounds.

You are correct.
1 2 3 4 5 6