Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Raise fest skin amount
1 2 3 4 5 6
Just a small suggestion. You know how there's 16 breeds, but 14 fest skins? Breeds are gonna keep coming, I think it'd be reasonable to keep the amount of fest skins equal to the amount of breeds. Or eventually it'll be harder and harder to get fest skins for your favorite breed :c

I'm not saying every breed should have one skin every fest, that's a bit restricting. Like what if there's multiple great imp skins like this time and no great mirror skins or something. I don't think that should be changed, just the amount to keep it equal to the amount of breeds :D
Just a small suggestion. You know how there's 16 breeds, but 14 fest skins? Breeds are gonna keep coming, I think it'd be reasonable to keep the amount of fest skins equal to the amount of breeds. Or eventually it'll be harder and harder to get fest skins for your favorite breed :c

I'm not saying every breed should have one skin every fest, that's a bit restricting. Like what if there's multiple great imp skins like this time and no great mirror skins or something. I don't think that should be changed, just the amount to keep it equal to the amount of breeds :D

I have to say no support.

At at least 29750 for about half the skins in a fest, soon that amount would be unfeasible for even the average player to obtain the skins they want. Right now, there are only three breeds I don't want skins for, so that means that likely any skin that comes out for the other 13 breeds, I am going to want (sometimes I just don't like it so I don't buy it).

Now imagine when we have 24 breeds. 24 skins, minus the two baldwin skins, half that because you can get some in the coliseum, would be 11 skins MP exclusive. Then if you are unlucky at getting chests through digging or the coliseum, that is even more you need to buy.

While I wouldn't be opposed to maybe having a few more baldwin only skins, I do not think the skin number has to keep up with the number of breeds, as I simply do not think that is feasible in the long run, especially if ancients are supposed to come out faster.

As sad as it is not to see your favorite breed/pose get a skin, that happens now, and will keep happening in the future, and I also don't want to run into a situation where they HAVE to have X amount of skins, but only have X minus Y good skins, so they have to take Y skins from potentially sub par skins. (or what happens if they don't have X amount of eligible skins? While it would be a while, it could be a possibility in the future when they need to pick a large amount of skins simply because we now have that many breeds)
I have to say no support.

At at least 29750 for about half the skins in a fest, soon that amount would be unfeasible for even the average player to obtain the skins they want. Right now, there are only three breeds I don't want skins for, so that means that likely any skin that comes out for the other 13 breeds, I am going to want (sometimes I just don't like it so I don't buy it).

Now imagine when we have 24 breeds. 24 skins, minus the two baldwin skins, half that because you can get some in the coliseum, would be 11 skins MP exclusive. Then if you are unlucky at getting chests through digging or the coliseum, that is even more you need to buy.

While I wouldn't be opposed to maybe having a few more baldwin only skins, I do not think the skin number has to keep up with the number of breeds, as I simply do not think that is feasible in the long run, especially if ancients are supposed to come out faster.

As sad as it is not to see your favorite breed/pose get a skin, that happens now, and will keep happening in the future, and I also don't want to run into a situation where they HAVE to have X amount of skins, but only have X minus Y good skins, so they have to take Y skins from potentially sub par skins. (or what happens if they don't have X amount of eligible skins? While it would be a while, it could be a possibility in the future when they need to pick a large amount of skins simply because we now have that many breeds)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I don't see why this would be a negative thing considering the festival skins are player-designed. Unless I'm missing something.

Increasing the number of entries that are allowed to win and wind up in the marketplace wouldn't put any strain at all on the art dev team, and create a bigger treasure sink.

Every year I for Riot of Rot see some awesome skin entries not win and it bums me out because I'd totally use them if they went up for sale. I'm always super happy when the player prints it anyway so I can snag one, but I'm also not going to pester someone to print a skin or accent they designed for the competition if they chose not to.

I don't see why this would be a negative thing considering the festival skins are player-designed. Unless I'm missing something.

Increasing the number of entries that are allowed to win and wind up in the marketplace wouldn't put any strain at all on the art dev team, and create a bigger treasure sink.

Every year I for Riot of Rot see some awesome skin entries not win and it bums me out because I'd totally use them if they went up for sale. I'm always super happy when the player prints it anyway so I can snag one, but I'm also not going to pester someone to print a skin or accent they designed for the competition if they chose not to.

nZzzLxJ.png Horror aesthetic/lore lair
Weird goblin hermit
She/Her
.......................... Massive Horror fan
Gamer
Writer
zwGyDvx.png
At some point we're going to need more fest skins. We don't have to buy all the fest skins every festival. There are people who will want to and that's fine; we shouldn't make decisions based on the wallets of the people who choose to buy every festival's skins.

Skins don't retire anymore.

We got two new breeds (especially breeds for whom skins and accents is the only method of customization) and have another modern on the way. Maybe next fest cycle we'll have most slots for fest skins.
At some point we're going to need more fest skins. We don't have to buy all the fest skins every festival. There are people who will want to and that's fine; we shouldn't make decisions based on the wallets of the people who choose to buy every festival's skins.

Skins don't retire anymore.

We got two new breeds (especially breeds for whom skins and accents is the only method of customization) and have another modern on the way. Maybe next fest cycle we'll have most slots for fest skins.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
I realize that they might want to raise the skin amount, but I don't agree with it keeping up with the number of breeds, and I feel that there should be a hard limit to the number of skins.

The main reason? beyond the money issue, it is because right now, the festivals are low stress, at least for me. It is pretty easy to obtain everything I want in one weeks time. Raising the skin limit would mean that the stress level gets higher, because I don't want to have to gamble on a what is it? buying an 80K chest, and getting a pretty low RNG chance to obtain a skin, and then having an extremely low chance of it being the skin I want? Nor do I want to rely on other players after the festival to obtain the skins I want. and that is just me, I only like having one copy of a skin, because I don't often want to put copies on multiple dragons.

Even with raising the skin cap doesn't mean that those gorgeous skins that aren't chosen will suddenly be chosen. It has pretty much been confirmed (not by the developers but by simply observing what wins and what doesn't) that the best skins in the threads are often ones that AREN'T chosen, so there is no guarantee that having 30 skins per fest would mean that those skins are chosen. It might mean that sub par skins are chosen over those. Thus the stress level of trying to obtain the stuff you want from the festival in one week will be added to, but there is no guarantee that any of the problems that have been mentioned (some breeds getting very few skins, gorgeous skins not being chosen, etc...) will have been solved.

I wouldn't mind a few more baldwin skins as those tend to be cheaper and don't take that long, but more MP/coli skins? no thank you. I like that FR festivals are low stress about obtaining the items you want (without having to worry about whether the items retire or not) and don't want that to change.
I realize that they might want to raise the skin amount, but I don't agree with it keeping up with the number of breeds, and I feel that there should be a hard limit to the number of skins.

The main reason? beyond the money issue, it is because right now, the festivals are low stress, at least for me. It is pretty easy to obtain everything I want in one weeks time. Raising the skin limit would mean that the stress level gets higher, because I don't want to have to gamble on a what is it? buying an 80K chest, and getting a pretty low RNG chance to obtain a skin, and then having an extremely low chance of it being the skin I want? Nor do I want to rely on other players after the festival to obtain the skins I want. and that is just me, I only like having one copy of a skin, because I don't often want to put copies on multiple dragons.

Even with raising the skin cap doesn't mean that those gorgeous skins that aren't chosen will suddenly be chosen. It has pretty much been confirmed (not by the developers but by simply observing what wins and what doesn't) that the best skins in the threads are often ones that AREN'T chosen, so there is no guarantee that having 30 skins per fest would mean that those skins are chosen. It might mean that sub par skins are chosen over those. Thus the stress level of trying to obtain the stuff you want from the festival in one week will be added to, but there is no guarantee that any of the problems that have been mentioned (some breeds getting very few skins, gorgeous skins not being chosen, etc...) will have been solved.

I wouldn't mind a few more baldwin skins as those tend to be cheaper and don't take that long, but more MP/coli skins? no thank you. I like that FR festivals are low stress about obtaining the items you want (without having to worry about whether the items retire or not) and don't want that to change.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Support. The skin cap should have been raised years ago, when Bogsneaks were introduced.

Skins no longer retire, so if people cannot get them all from the MP, it's no longer a problem.
Support. The skin cap should have been raised years ago, when Bogsneaks were introduced.

Skins no longer retire, so if people cannot get them all from the MP, it's no longer a problem.
Support. Fest skins are the only source for skins for the new Ancient breeds that aren't the much much much more expensive UMAs, I'd like to see the pool of options expand at a decent rate. Especially since Ancients can't wear apparel, having reasonable priced customization options helps make Ancients appealing to players used to the options of modern breeds.

If cost is actually an issue, they can start lowering the individual skin price by a bit so the overall price doesn't rise too much.
Support. Fest skins are the only source for skins for the new Ancient breeds that aren't the much much much more expensive UMAs, I'd like to see the pool of options expand at a decent rate. Especially since Ancients can't wear apparel, having reasonable priced customization options helps make Ancients appealing to players used to the options of modern breeds.

If cost is actually an issue, they can start lowering the individual skin price by a bit so the overall price doesn't rise too much.
I don't think we necessarily need one of each breed each fest, especially because then what about genders? What if 75% of a fest is f-pose and someone who prefers m-poses is disappointed in what they get to use.

I feel like we need to simply limit a certain breed showing up more than once. I know sometjmes there are multiple REALLY good ones for a certain breed but I remember from the Gala seeing not two, but THREE Banescale accents/skins I was a little disappointed I didn't get some more variety.

I'd like staff to favour breeds that haven't gotten many fest skins recently - or simply haven't been around to get them - but I don't think we need every breed every fest.
I don't think we necessarily need one of each breed each fest, especially because then what about genders? What if 75% of a fest is f-pose and someone who prefers m-poses is disappointed in what they get to use.

I feel like we need to simply limit a certain breed showing up more than once. I know sometjmes there are multiple REALLY good ones for a certain breed but I remember from the Gala seeing not two, but THREE Banescale accents/skins I was a little disappointed I didn't get some more variety.

I'd like staff to favour breeds that haven't gotten many fest skins recently - or simply haven't been around to get them - but I don't think we need every breed every fest.
3GUlHXT.png he/him ep2efT3.png
[quote name="@pokemonbutch" date="2020-03-22 13:50:01" ] I don't think we necessarily need one of each breed each fest, especially because then what about genders? What if 75% of a fest is f-pose and someone who prefers m-poses is disappointed in what they get to use. I feel like we need to simply limit a certain breed showing up more than once. I know sometjmes there are multiple REALLY good ones for a certain breed but I remember from the Gala seeing not two, but THREE Banescale accents/skins I was a little disappointed I didn't get some more variety. I'd like staff to favour breeds that haven't gotten many fest skins recently - or simply haven't been around to get them - but I don't think we need every breed every fest. [/quote] Yes, I agree with you ^^ That's also not what I said, though. Just a few more skin slots is what I meant
@pokemonbutch wrote on 2020-03-22 13:50:01:

Yes, I agree with you ^^ That's also not what I said, though. Just a few more skin slots is what I meant

@Severynn I wasn't trying to say I was representing in your post, I meant to say that I don't think more slots will automatically fix the problem - they might just start doubling existing breeds rather than making sure new ones are entering.

My proposal is that, regardless of the number of slots, they make a guarantee that no breed will get two skins and/or accents per festival, so that even if we stay at the current 14, that is a guaranteed 14 different breeds
@Severynn I wasn't trying to say I was representing in your post, I meant to say that I don't think more slots will automatically fix the problem - they might just start doubling existing breeds rather than making sure new ones are entering.

My proposal is that, regardless of the number of slots, they make a guarantee that no breed will get two skins and/or accents per festival, so that even if we stay at the current 14, that is a guaranteed 14 different breeds
3GUlHXT.png he/him ep2efT3.png
1 2 3 4 5 6