Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Bring back two-letter names.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
I support this--and anything else to make naming less restrictive. If it's a problem with the search function, then change the search function instead. Make it so you can only search 3+ letters. As it stands now, you can search for any number of letters, so I don't see what that has to do with dragons' names. They're completely unconnected.
I support this--and anything else to make naming less restrictive. If it's a problem with the search function, then change the search function instead. Make it so you can only search 3+ letters. As it stands now, you can search for any number of letters, so I don't see what that has to do with dragons' names. They're completely unconnected.
There's a part of my brain that has fallen victim to dragon capitalism and wants to go no, let my two-lettered dragons become ultra-special and worth a ton. Then the rational part of my brain kicks in and reminds me that I never want to sell any of those dragons, and tbh I'd much rather be able to still give two-letter names than have my dragons be 'special'. Full support!
There's a part of my brain that has fallen victim to dragon capitalism and wants to go no, let my two-lettered dragons become ultra-special and worth a ton. Then the rational part of my brain kicks in and reminds me that I never want to sell any of those dragons, and tbh I'd much rather be able to still give two-letter names than have my dragons be 'special'. Full support!
Lore
Hatchery
Dream Dragons
bepadepadept line long line short boop bepepepep
VPsWmjb.gif
People who bought a limited 2 letter name dragon can still have an OG limited "From before the names were changed" so in a sense the original 2 letter names would still be kind of unique
People who bought a limited 2 letter name dragon can still have an OG limited "From before the names were changed" so in a sense the original 2 letter names would still be kind of unique
pancatcher.png bzzZrFR.jpg
[quote name="Stormvale" date="2020-02-21 18:34:25" ] I support 2 letter names, but I also highly desire significantly reduced restrictions of dragon names. 1 letter names, spaces and numbers would be very good. [/quote] Absolutely agree. I have one dragon who'd be much better as 'An' for lore purposes, who has to go by his full 'Anarchy' in my lair. I need spaces for my Bee Movie project too. It might irritate me if they implement spaces and the first section of the script is LikeThis, and the rest is normal words, but eh, it'd be worth it. Also, special characters. I use Czech words a lot for my dragons' names, and Czech has more accented and funky letters than you can imagine. It irritates me like nothing else when I go to name a dragon something like Mo?ál and have to simplify it down to Mocal. Some people might argue accented letters would allow for loopholes in the restricted word stuff and difficulties in searching for names with them. But isn't there something you can do in the code that'd let you say Á and  are just different appearances/versions of A, and all should be treated as if they're the same letter? That way, searching wouldn't be affected, and they wouldn't have to go through every blacklisted word they have and redo each one with every different version of the letters. If not, at the very least, there has to be something like alternate letters. So like they could go in and change their blacklisted words to [i][b]([/b]h[b]) ([/b]È/è/É/é/Ê/ê/Ë/ë[b]) ([/b]c[b]) ([/b]k[b])[/b] = bad[/i]
Stormvale wrote on 2020-02-21 18:34:25:
I support 2 letter names, but I also highly desire significantly reduced restrictions of dragon names. 1 letter names, spaces and numbers would be very good.

Absolutely agree. I have one dragon who'd be much better as 'An' for lore purposes, who has to go by his full 'Anarchy' in my lair. I need spaces for my Bee Movie project too. It might irritate me if they implement spaces and the first section of the script is LikeThis, and the rest is normal words, but eh, it'd be worth it.

Also, special characters. I use Czech words a lot for my dragons' names, and Czech has more accented and funky letters than you can imagine. It irritates me like nothing else when I go to name a dragon something like Mo?ál and have to simplify it down to Mocal.

Some people might argue accented letters would allow for loopholes in the restricted word stuff and difficulties in searching for names with them. But isn't there something you can do in the code that'd let you say Á and  are just different appearances/versions of A, and all should be treated as if they're the same letter? That way, searching wouldn't be affected, and they wouldn't have to go through every blacklisted word they have and redo each one with every different version of the letters. If not, at the very least, there has to be something like alternate letters. So like they could go in and change their blacklisted words to
(h) (È/è/É/é/Ê/ê/Ë/ë) (c) (k) = bad
~

tumblr_inline_ojq6kzsCn91r2ao8y_540.png
~
He/Him ~
18 ~
FR+2 ~
Semi-active ~
~ ~
export202312061716059087.png
~ 5305175-tumblr-tumblr-logo-icon.png
~
5335781-camera-instagram-social-media-instagram-logo-icon.png
~
406091-art-deviant-deviantart-gallery-icon.png
~ art-shop-icon.png ~ nature.png
Full support.

Don't much care about the people who have current two-letter dragon names and the resulting tanking of prices.

Practically everything else has gone some way to removing value, making things available, I don't see why this should be an exception.

Two letter names are useful. How much trouble could people cause with two letters?
Full support.

Don't much care about the people who have current two-letter dragon names and the resulting tanking of prices.

Practically everything else has gone some way to removing value, making things available, I don't see why this should be an exception.

Two letter names are useful. How much trouble could people cause with two letters?
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
Okay, on one hand:

If you bought a limited dragon, it still has it's age in play to show that it's still a limited edition thing!

On the other-

heck if I bought a limited dragon for a lot of gems I'd be pretty darn mad if they weren't limited anymore

But yes, 2-letter names would be useful.

This isn't my full support, as I do see the draw-backs, but I support.
Okay, on one hand:

If you bought a limited dragon, it still has it's age in play to show that it's still a limited edition thing!

On the other-

heck if I bought a limited dragon for a lot of gems I'd be pretty darn mad if they weren't limited anymore

But yes, 2-letter names would be useful.

This isn't my full support, as I do see the draw-backs, but I support.
d4f3ac42-8f31-11ea-b8d0-573a4fd70b1b.gif
@colorpointed

I fully support this, but I should point out that you can re-name old dragons...
@colorpointed

I fully support this, but I should point out that you can re-name old dragons...
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
@Greyjoy

ah-

yes-

forgot about that-

that's a fair point. Now that's a problem and I'm definitely losing support-

It's just I don't want to be the person who spent so many gems on rare and limited edition dragons just to have them become pretty average prices-
@Greyjoy

ah-

yes-

forgot about that-

that's a fair point. Now that's a problem and I'm definitely losing support-

It's just I don't want to be the person who spent so many gems on rare and limited edition dragons just to have them become pretty average prices-
d4f3ac42-8f31-11ea-b8d0-573a4fd70b1b.gif
Full support - if it is an issue with the Search engine, it makes much more sense to me to actually work on that issue rather than adapting the naming function to the issue.
As for the market, of course it would suck for those that planned on making some sweet dragon coin with their nowadays limited two-letter dragons, but it's normal for markets to fluctuate and for things to lose - or gain - worth at times, so I don't think that should be a reason to not bring back the possiblity to use two-letter names.
Full support - if it is an issue with the Search engine, it makes much more sense to me to actually work on that issue rather than adapting the naming function to the issue.
As for the market, of course it would suck for those that planned on making some sweet dragon coin with their nowadays limited two-letter dragons, but it's normal for markets to fluctuate and for things to lose - or gain - worth at times, so I don't think that should be a reason to not bring back the possiblity to use two-letter names.
Full support!
Never understood why it we couldn't have them in the first place and the fix had gone on for so long I forgot that they weren't supposed to be a thing in the first place. I also would really like to be able to have spaces and numbers, one of my fodder pairs is black hole themed and Nasa sure does love their numbers when it comes to names. Give me more freedom in my names.
Full support!
Never understood why it we couldn't have them in the first place and the fix had gone on for so long I forgot that they weren't supposed to be a thing in the first place. I also would really like to be able to have spaces and numbers, one of my fodder pairs is black hole themed and Nasa sure does love their numbers when it comes to names. Give me more freedom in my names.
615i00.png
Fr blog | Adopts | Skins
Fr + 0
oru7s0.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15