Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Gene variants
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 29 30
support
I love this idea! I always like the idea of mutations w/ games like this
but i can't see it ever being implemented (at least not any time soon)

support
I love this idea! I always like the idea of mutations w/ games like this
but i can't see it ever being implemented (at least not any time soon)

I collect birds! All birds! Any birds! Birds!!!!W1Dayps.png
I defo support!

Ideas for variants
Underbelly:Tiger
Underbelly: Clown
Underbelly: Daub
Etc for all genes which doesnt effect the belly area

Continues the pattern on the belly .. tiger should also come in Underbelly: opposite tiger. The Stripes goes the other way

I would draw this if I had any skill
I defo support!

Ideas for variants
Underbelly:Tiger
Underbelly: Clown
Underbelly: Daub
Etc for all genes which doesnt effect the belly area

Continues the pattern on the belly .. tiger should also come in Underbelly: opposite tiger. The Stripes goes the other way

I would draw this if I had any skill
NO LONGER ACTIVE.

I LEFT FR AND GIVEN AWAY MY STUFF.
Supporting again and suggesting the edits made by CloudedViews for the new genes pharoh and sarcophagus (prolly misspelled, dont mind me), a fade to a secondary color which makes it absolutely gorgeous. [quote name="CloudedViews" date="2022-01-18 18:32:40" ] I think they're pretty cool, I love how they look with brighter colours. I'm just a little sad that they're gem genes, and that they missed the opportunity to give these genes secondary colours. Cannot stop thinking about how much better and more distinct some colours would be if they had a fade into their secondary. [center][img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/777233562909802511/933186476462702682/unknown.png[/img][img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/777233562909802511/933186986393612418/unknown.png[/img][/center] [/quote]
Supporting again and suggesting the edits made by CloudedViews for the new genes pharoh and sarcophagus (prolly misspelled, dont mind me), a fade to a secondary color which makes it absolutely gorgeous.
CloudedViews wrote on 2022-01-18 18:32:40:
I think they're pretty cool, I love how they look with brighter colours.

I'm just a little sad that they're gem genes, and that they missed the opportunity to give these genes secondary colours. Cannot stop thinking about how much better and more distinct some colours would be if they had a fade into their secondary.
unknown.pngunknown.png
#UnnamedIsValid
Unnamed dragons need love too! There is no shame in having unnamed permas, having dragons with unnamed parents and/or offspring, or exalting unnamed dragons! Leaving dragons unnamed is a perfectly valid playstyle!

she/her or they/them
Oh my gosh yes.
100% support
Oh my gosh yes.
100% support
feraligatr.gifjolt_a_by_gabby_bean-dcxy9v1.gif
Support, this would be perfect for creating a dream dragon!
Support, this would be perfect for creating a dream dragon!
CYGhyrI.png
Support! I just think it would be neat
Support! I just think it would be neat
nTa2yPT.png
I love this idea. Super versatile and I love all these variants.
I love this idea. Super versatile and I love all these variants.
4xd1oW3.png
Supporting, all of this. So many outdated or otherwise meh genes could be given new life and actually become a desirable and relevant part of the game rather than just "that gene fodder sometimes has."
Supporting, all of this. So many outdated or otherwise meh genes could be given new life and actually become a desirable and relevant part of the game rather than just "that gene fodder sometimes has."
5LqH0sj.png
While I do support this overall, I also worry that this would lead to players making a lot of demands and winding up asking for 10 different variants of one gene just so they could have it to their exact taste and are never ever satisfied with what they have.

I know this would be relatively easy to ignore and dismiss this, but I'm worried it would make for a very demanding and pushy attitude from some players who might not understand that the variant they want is far more work than they think it is.
While I do support this overall, I also worry that this would lead to players making a lot of demands and winding up asking for 10 different variants of one gene just so they could have it to their exact taste and are never ever satisfied with what they have.

I know this would be relatively easy to ignore and dismiss this, but I'm worried it would make for a very demanding and pushy attitude from some players who might not understand that the variant they want is far more work than they think it is.

Rein
She/Her
FR+1
secret message! secret message! in the signature!
secret, secret, secret, secret message!
right_ghosty.gif
80247290.png
"One day you will be old enough to
start reading fairytales again."
[quote name="Aserein" date="2022-01-31 09:58:46" ] While I do support this overall, I also worry that this would lead to players making a lot of demands and winding up asking for 10 different variants of one gene just so they could have it to their exact taste and are never ever satisfied with what they have. I know this would be relatively easy to ignore and dismiss this, but I'm worried it would make for a very demanding and pushy attitude from some players who might not understand that the variant they want is far more work than they think it is. [/quote] I think that's a potential issue, but honestly I think that the increased satisfaction with gene releases being able to appeal to a wider base AND the fact that right now when we get a particular gene we don't get anything closely similar, so once a gene comes out it takes the place of all other possible interpretations is the balancing upside to a system like this. Currently those who don't like a gene can be unhappy both about the gene itself and the lost opportunity it represents to get a similar gene that they [i]would[/i] like. Variants would take some of the pressure off genes to be everything to everyone -they shouldn't have to be but that's how a lot of people react. And I think that overall that would really help balance the negative expectations this could foster. And I think making the release announcement very clear about the way variants will be handled and the limits on what staff are willing to do, would help. People are pretty good about pointing out where a suggestion is overstepping what staff have said they're willing to do (like apparel for Ancients) having a quote-able and easy to reference policy on what is in consideration for a variant (no more than 3% new art, must maintain x amount of main color when recoloring, whatever they feel is appropriate) would help counter people making unreasonable demands. And I really do think this has the potential to allow a lot more customization going forward with a much lighter workload for staff than anything else in a similar vein. Especially with how long breeds take to create this could be a good way to continue to add refreshed content with less burden that would hinder development of new-new material at the same time.
Aserein wrote on 2022-01-31 09:58:46:

I think that's a potential issue, but honestly I think that the increased satisfaction with gene releases being able to appeal to a wider base AND the fact that right now when we get a particular gene we don't get anything closely similar, so once a gene comes out it takes the place of all other possible interpretations is the balancing upside to a system like this. Currently those who don't like a gene can be unhappy both about the gene itself and the lost opportunity it represents to get a similar gene that they would like. Variants would take some of the pressure off genes to be everything to everyone -they shouldn't have to be but that's how a lot of people react. And I think that overall that would really help balance the negative expectations this could foster.

And I think making the release announcement very clear about the way variants will be handled and the limits on what staff are willing to do, would help. People are pretty good about pointing out where a suggestion is overstepping what staff have said they're willing to do (like apparel for Ancients) having a quote-able and easy to reference policy on what is in consideration for a variant (no more than 3% new art, must maintain x amount of main color when recoloring, whatever they feel is appropriate) would help counter people making unreasonable demands.

And I really do think this has the potential to allow a lot more customization going forward with a much lighter workload for staff than anything else in a similar vein. Especially with how long breeds take to create this could be a good way to continue to add refreshed content with less burden that would hinder development of new-new material at the same time.
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 29 30