Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Get rid of the MVP Vista
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
*chants* KARMA SYSTEM
*chants* KARMA SYSTEM
Bleh, just like DeviantArt, favourites will be chosen and the same people will be candidates multiple times, leaving other well-behaved players in the dark. For years. Like, honestly, on that site, there's awards to the same people constantly among millions of users. I KNOW this will definitely happen here. I don't believe an award should go to someone who is able to convey how they feel through words alone. Some people are just not good at that. And common sense shouldn't be awarded either, since its what we agreed to do when we joined.
Bleh, just like DeviantArt, favourites will be chosen and the same people will be candidates multiple times, leaving other well-behaved players in the dark. For years. Like, honestly, on that site, there's awards to the same people constantly among millions of users. I KNOW this will definitely happen here. I don't believe an award should go to someone who is able to convey how they feel through words alone. Some people are just not good at that. And common sense shouldn't be awarded either, since its what we agreed to do when we joined.
tumblr_mobg0cyIZE1sula9po1_400.gif
[quote name="JaySovereign" date="2015-02-05 16:19:19"]Bleh, just like DeviantArt, favourites will be chosen and the same people will be candidates multiple times, leaving other well-behaved players in the dark. For years. Like, honestly, on that site, there's awards to the same people constantly among millions of users. I KNOW this will definitely happen here. I don't believe an award should go to someone who is able to convey how they feel through words alone. Some people are just not good at that. And common sense shouldn't be awarded either, since its what we agreed to do when we joined.[/quote] I agree that favouritism is a risk - though we have yet to see that (as even the popular, well liked users have received suspensions for messing up) but don't forget you can only be awarded a vista once. There's no way the same people can constantly get it! So that should ease that worry? I think it is less a reward for following the rules as it is a reward for going beyond that and actively trying to help out people, making suggestions, and offer valid reasonings into discussions. Also, then why should an award go to someone who is able to write the funniest item captions, like the writer's vista? Some people can't convey wittiness into words alone, too. Same goes for the gala skins - some people just aren't good at art. The difference between this site and dA is that there are a variety of rewards for a variety of things! If you're not good at one thing, there's another way to get a cool vista, and not all of them are related to being super creative!
JaySovereign wrote on 2015-02-05 16:19:19:

I agree that favouritism is a risk - though we have yet to see that (as even the popular, well liked users have received suspensions for messing up) but don't forget you can only be awarded a vista once. There's no way the same people can constantly get it! So that should ease that worry?
I think it is less a reward for following the rules as it is a reward for going beyond that and actively trying to help out people, making suggestions, and offer valid reasonings into discussions.
Also, then why should an award go to someone who is able to write the funniest item captions, like the writer's vista? Some people can't convey wittiness into words alone, too. Same goes for the gala skins - some people just aren't good at art. The difference between this site and dA is that there are a variety of rewards for a variety of things! If you're not good at one thing, there's another way to get a cool vista, and not all of them are related to being super creative!
Calathea-elderflower.png
I support the removal of the MVP vista (I do fear it would cause drama, it seems like the logical conclusion to me, but I'm no sociologist) but I also support the addition of many minor vistas. We have a dropdown box as if there's possibility of a lot of vistas, I'd love to see users get more and have more options!

I'm not a fan of the idea of user-made vistas (at least not in the same way as user-made accents, though vistas made in contests are A-ok with me) but I could see it happening and wouldn't mind too terribly. I'd love to see some swipp trade vistas or somesuch. Or even just vistas awarded for good stuff (the art and writing vistas). I just feel like adding vistas for behaviour will actually make behaviour worse (or very phony) in efforts to get the vista. Again, I could be wrong, but if you make something hard to get, people will tend to call it a status symbol and want it. That's just how I understand this. Or worse, because of that idea (even if it's not true) people might attach a stigma to the Vista (though of course, then you can just turn it off, unless I vastly misunderstand how Vistas work).

Still, I'll be interested to see what happens. It's always possible I'll be very wrong. Should be fun to watch!
I support the removal of the MVP vista (I do fear it would cause drama, it seems like the logical conclusion to me, but I'm no sociologist) but I also support the addition of many minor vistas. We have a dropdown box as if there's possibility of a lot of vistas, I'd love to see users get more and have more options!

I'm not a fan of the idea of user-made vistas (at least not in the same way as user-made accents, though vistas made in contests are A-ok with me) but I could see it happening and wouldn't mind too terribly. I'd love to see some swipp trade vistas or somesuch. Or even just vistas awarded for good stuff (the art and writing vistas). I just feel like adding vistas for behaviour will actually make behaviour worse (or very phony) in efforts to get the vista. Again, I could be wrong, but if you make something hard to get, people will tend to call it a status symbol and want it. That's just how I understand this. Or worse, because of that idea (even if it's not true) people might attach a stigma to the Vista (though of course, then you can just turn it off, unless I vastly misunderstand how Vistas work).

Still, I'll be interested to see what happens. It's always possible I'll be very wrong. Should be fun to watch!
Returning after a long hiatus, a lot has changed!
Please be patient while I get used to things again :)
Yeah, I wish we could all get simple, easy-to-obtain vistas instead of things like this, where you have to win a contest or kickstart something or whatever...

Heck, I'd be happy if I just had a vista showing that I'm a Nature member.
Yeah, I wish we could all get simple, easy-to-obtain vistas instead of things like this, where you have to win a contest or kickstart something or whatever...

Heck, I'd be happy if I just had a vista showing that I'm a Nature member.
Vista given out as decided by staff or really anyone in a position of power = bad.

Vistas earned by players for hard work (eg achievements) or loyal forum participation = good.

If anything is given out by those in power it's going to breed negativity between the haves and have nots. Especially in a community like FR where a very large number of the members fit the criteria and deserve an "MVP" status.
Vista given out as decided by staff or really anyone in a position of power = bad.

Vistas earned by players for hard work (eg achievements) or loyal forum participation = good.

If anything is given out by those in power it's going to breed negativity between the haves and have nots. Especially in a community like FR where a very large number of the members fit the criteria and deserve an "MVP" status.
rIxOVnO.pngdQDtyBL.pngGaCoVKV.pngnJW9Vjy.png
Support - get rid of MVP it makes other players seem bad and the ones who are following the rules might not get noticed even
Support - get rid of MVP it makes other players seem bad and the ones who are following the rules might not get noticed even
vmVQNPh.gif
Personally I'd rather the MVP Vista just go to folks who have platinum forum stars as a reward for being so active in the community. Would some people spam to try to get it faster? Yes. But the way the MVP Vista looks it seems to really fit the rainbow/platinum star look itself already I think it would fit nicely instead of relying on getting noticed by the staff.
Personally I'd rather the MVP Vista just go to folks who have platinum forum stars as a reward for being so active in the community. Would some people spam to try to get it faster? Yes. But the way the MVP Vista looks it seems to really fit the rainbow/platinum star look itself already I think it would fit nicely instead of relying on getting noticed by the staff.
@KnuxGator I can get behind that idea replacing the MVP nonsense.
@KnuxGator I can get behind that idea replacing the MVP nonsense.
tumblr_nq0dlcmuyk1svbq5wo1_540.png
No support. I believe people should be rewarded for exemplary behavior. I don't see it as favoritism.

Edit: I also vaguely remember a mention that MVP could be revoked if some one abused their status. Not sure if that's accurate though.
No support. I believe people should be rewarded for exemplary behavior. I don't see it as favoritism.

Edit: I also vaguely remember a mention that MVP could be revoked if some one abused their status. Not sure if that's accurate though.
Accent Shop
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10