Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Get rid of the MVP Vista
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
@yesdear Your name and your concerns seem contradictory :p
@yesdear Your name and your concerns seem contradictory :p
Selling old UMAs/giveaway
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
progress-rainbow-rainbow-garter-blm.png
@Rhea
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Wouldn't be the first time.
@Rhea
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Wouldn't be the first time.
tumblr_inline_njviz9jZLy1qg2i5p.png
i'm in support of removal of MVPs. i just really detest the concept. however, the vista already made is super gorgeous and if it were reused for something else i'd absolutely love that.

i like the idea of the vista being rewarded to players who have posted a LOT and been active on the forums for a while. like an even fancier shiny star i guess - it even kinda looks like the shiny star!

if MVPs aren't going to be removed, i'd much prefer they were replaced with a karma system.

though, as a whole, MVPs appear redundant to me. they basically are like Volunteer Moderators, just executed really poorly. i get that moderators have to.. well, moderate, and MVPs are just intended as trustworthy players, but couldn't that concept be better chosen by a karma system, high post count, or community voting? "admin's favourite" doesnt at all translate to "trustworthy player" to me, honestly. (not that MVPs are automatically not trustworthy! just that i don't see any correlation between these two ideas)

this post is a little messy 'cause i'm not the most awake of people, but i hope i was atleast clear.
i'm in support of removal of MVPs. i just really detest the concept. however, the vista already made is super gorgeous and if it were reused for something else i'd absolutely love that.

i like the idea of the vista being rewarded to players who have posted a LOT and been active on the forums for a while. like an even fancier shiny star i guess - it even kinda looks like the shiny star!

if MVPs aren't going to be removed, i'd much prefer they were replaced with a karma system.

though, as a whole, MVPs appear redundant to me. they basically are like Volunteer Moderators, just executed really poorly. i get that moderators have to.. well, moderate, and MVPs are just intended as trustworthy players, but couldn't that concept be better chosen by a karma system, high post count, or community voting? "admin's favourite" doesnt at all translate to "trustworthy player" to me, honestly. (not that MVPs are automatically not trustworthy! just that i don't see any correlation between these two ideas)

this post is a little messy 'cause i'm not the most awake of people, but i hope i was atleast clear.
z6T37Eh.png
DaaGADQ.png
bgYKZct.png
bYt72YT.png
rUoKR6y.png
-
Ouro : 24 : They/Xey/She
Lightning Dom Coordinator
I love pings! I don't bite~
- reactorfour_kalashnikov.pngreactorfour_ted2.png
[quote name="yesdear" date="2015-01-24 09:45:11"][s]Only semi-related, but I think it'd be totally hilarious for someone championing the removal of the MVP vista to end up with it.[/s][/quote] @yesdear if it happened it would either be hilarious irony or an intentional jab by staff to stop campaigning??? XD
yesdear wrote on 2015-01-24 09:45:11:
Only semi-related, but I think it'd be totally hilarious for someone championing the removal of the MVP vista to end up with it.

@yesdear if it happened it would either be hilarious irony or an intentional jab by staff to stop campaigning??? XD
iZBk3Io.png the pocchari yandere tumblr_inline_nyuu3pgFHF1s1m144_100.png
[quote name="Pokemon" date="2015-01-23 12:57:19"]Wait, what's the reason given? I personally would want it to be a "forum poster" type of vista -- reward users for participating in the forums, instead of being goody-two-shoes. It's good to get into heated debates.[/quote] ^^^^^
Pokemon wrote on 2015-01-23 12:57:19:
Wait, what's the reason given?

I personally would want it to be a "forum poster" type of vista -- reward users for participating in the forums, instead of being goody-two-shoes. It's good to get into heated debates.

^^^^^
895587_QQ7.pngEvGHIgA.png
x4sSJsw.png
I don't think it necessarily needs to be removed (I think the name should be changed tho) It would be a TOTALLY different story if it came with some sort of real benefits, but it's just a shiny. Not a big deal, especially since it seems like vistas are only going to get more common. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I don't think it necessarily needs to be removed (I think the name should be changed tho) It would be a TOTALLY different story if it came with some sort of real benefits, but it's just a shiny. Not a big deal, especially since it seems like vistas are only going to get more common. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Na5WGHa.png
While part of me likes the idea of the vista, another part of me just doesn't see it working out as intended.

There are the obvious "favoritism" claims that people might throw around. While I personally don't think the staff play favorites (or I would certainly hope not)- it may give members the wrong impression.

Second, there are many really good and kind players out there that would be deserving of this vista. That's a problem- because not all of the people deserving of it are likely to be noticed by the staff which may be disheartening for people who are genuinely trying to help the community.

I would be more in favor of the vista if the decision wasn't based on the staff alone. Perhaps what we need is a page on the site or something on our profiles where people can nominate and endorse people for receiving the vista. After a certain amount of nominations, the staff could be alerted to said person and do whatever research into that user's background. Yes, it would still be a popularity contest- something that I detest, but it would at least help some of the really awesome people out there noticed.

I like the idea of the vista, just not how it works right now.
While part of me likes the idea of the vista, another part of me just doesn't see it working out as intended.

There are the obvious "favoritism" claims that people might throw around. While I personally don't think the staff play favorites (or I would certainly hope not)- it may give members the wrong impression.

Second, there are many really good and kind players out there that would be deserving of this vista. That's a problem- because not all of the people deserving of it are likely to be noticed by the staff which may be disheartening for people who are genuinely trying to help the community.

I would be more in favor of the vista if the decision wasn't based on the staff alone. Perhaps what we need is a page on the site or something on our profiles where people can nominate and endorse people for receiving the vista. After a certain amount of nominations, the staff could be alerted to said person and do whatever research into that user's background. Yes, it would still be a popularity contest- something that I detest, but it would at least help some of the really awesome people out there noticed.

I like the idea of the vista, just not how it works right now.
?????? its not even out yet ??????
?????? its not even out yet ??????
omfgdogs.gif
Hmm...the problems I see more or less boil down to this:

1)People have to follow the rules to get it. On most sites, that wouldn't be a problem. On FR, it is. Mostly because of that whole 'adding new rules that weren't announced' thing. The ban on discussing hypothetical account action doesn't help either.

2)Granted, sarcasm and patronizing are not exactly nice. However, that does not mean that the sarcasm and patronizing tone is mutually exclusive with constructive criticism.

2a) "Aww...da widdle baby clearly needs to read Perspective 101. Nice try for the ickle that they are , though" is rather condescending. It still tells someone that they have to work on perspective.

3)There's that whole thing with "Style over substance." Tone policing is not exclusively a SJW-thing. Like, the whole 'disappointed' in us over off-site things.

So...the timing is horrible. And that's the best-case scenario.
Hmm...the problems I see more or less boil down to this:

1)People have to follow the rules to get it. On most sites, that wouldn't be a problem. On FR, it is. Mostly because of that whole 'adding new rules that weren't announced' thing. The ban on discussing hypothetical account action doesn't help either.

2)Granted, sarcasm and patronizing are not exactly nice. However, that does not mean that the sarcasm and patronizing tone is mutually exclusive with constructive criticism.

2a) "Aww...da widdle baby clearly needs to read Perspective 101. Nice try for the ickle that they are , though" is rather condescending. It still tells someone that they have to work on perspective.

3)There's that whole thing with "Style over substance." Tone policing is not exclusively a SJW-thing. Like, the whole 'disappointed' in us over off-site things.

So...the timing is horrible. And that's the best-case scenario.
I'm EIGHT/8/Eight hours ahead of FR Time.
I don't like the fact that it could turn into a reward for always agreeing with the admins, supporting them, etc. As long as it isn't something that signifies admin favoritism, I guess it might be okay.

But honestly, that's a lot of risk, so, actually, nah, don't like the MVP thing.

I would like the vista to be used for something else, though!
I don't like the fact that it could turn into a reward for always agreeing with the admins, supporting them, etc. As long as it isn't something that signifies admin favoritism, I guess it might be okay.

But honestly, that's a lot of risk, so, actually, nah, don't like the MVP thing.

I would like the vista to be used for something else, though!
1009gIL.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10