Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Individual Color Changing Scrolls
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
No support. As others have said, this would take a huge chunk of challenge out of the game and would completely crash a large portion of the dragon market ([i]ESPECIALLY[/i] the G1 market) [quote name="LaAstaria" date=2017-05-13 23:42:37] And while people say it will make the game easier, you would NEVER get those two colors again along with the only new color you needed to change. It's honestly just a waste of money. [/quote] Not really- if you really want that combo you wouldn't really care how much it'd cost (and this is really contradictory considering a scroll like this would probably be insanely expensive). As for the "you'll never get those two colors again"- ??? It's entirely possible to do this, people do it all the time. It's called a breeding project. Colors aren't special or exclusive things that will only ever happen once, there are hundreds upon thousands of active dragons- there's no doubt that there is at least one dragon you can breed with yours to get a specific combo or the same two colors and one new color. Bottom line- it's possible to get any color combo you want with some effort- things like this sound like just wanting to be lazy and not wanting to actually work toward a goal (taking the faster, more expensive way out). I could make an exception towards progens as long as you can't pick what color it chooses, but that's it. G1 collectors know what they're getting into and (most of the time) know how to deal with bad colors. That's the way the game goes.
No support. As others have said, this would take a huge chunk of challenge out of the game and would completely crash a large portion of the dragon market (ESPECIALLY the G1 market)

LaAstaria wrote on 2017-05-13:
And while people say it will make the game easier, you would NEVER get those two colors again along with the only new color you needed to change. It's honestly just a waste of money.

Not really- if you really want that combo you wouldn't really care how much it'd cost (and this is really contradictory considering a scroll like this would probably be insanely expensive).
As for the "you'll never get those two colors again"- ??? It's entirely possible to do this, people do it all the time. It's called a breeding project. Colors aren't special or exclusive things that will only ever happen once, there are hundreds upon thousands of active dragons- there's no doubt that there is at least one dragon you can breed with yours to get a specific combo or the same two colors and one new color.

Bottom line- it's possible to get any color combo you want with some effort- things like this sound like just wanting to be lazy and not wanting to actually work toward a goal (taking the faster, more expensive way out). I could make an exception towards progens as long as you can't pick what color it chooses, but that's it. G1 collectors know what they're getting into and (most of the time) know how to deal with bad colors. That's the way the game goes.
giphy.gifp74ovv7.gifmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

G1 sales

p74ovv7.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
I hate to necro this thread but honestly I would appreciate this if it were purely for tertiary (read "optional") gene colors. I know a lot of people up in here are like "but breeding projects tho" and that's a fair argument to make, but for individuals with purely sentimental reasons for keeping their dragons I would appreciate the option to help some of them with their rather unfortunate tertiary troubles.

As for arguments about pricing; a solution may be that they are an extremely rare item dropped during the FR anniversary or NotN rather than something that would be available in the marketplace, coli, or brewing year-round.
I hate to necro this thread but honestly I would appreciate this if it were purely for tertiary (read "optional") gene colors. I know a lot of people up in here are like "but breeding projects tho" and that's a fair argument to make, but for individuals with purely sentimental reasons for keeping their dragons I would appreciate the option to help some of them with their rather unfortunate tertiary troubles.

As for arguments about pricing; a solution may be that they are an extremely rare item dropped during the FR anniversary or NotN rather than something that would be available in the marketplace, coli, or brewing year-round.

“Denizens of the Volt-Lands”
She/They/He | FR Time +0
[quote name="Illiobillium" date="2018-03-10 09:10:13" ] I hate to necro this thread but honestly I would appreciate this if it were purely for tertiary (read "optional") gene colors. I know a lot of people up in here are like "but breeding projects tho" and that's a fair argument to make, but for individuals with purely sentimental reasons for keeping their dragons I would appreciate the option to help some of them with their rather unfortunate tertiary troubles. As for arguments about pricing; a solution may be that they are an extremely rare item dropped during the FR anniversary or NotN rather than something that would be available in the marketplace, coli, or brewing year-round. [/quote] Same, honestly. I've been playing since 2013 and many of my older dragons are perfect the way that they are, with the exception of their terts. Lots have greens/blues/purples that would really subtract from their primary and secondary colors. Seeing as many other tertiary genes have been released since I started playing, it is unfortunate that I do not have a way to "reroll" those tert colors. If there were more tert genes released that mixed in unexpected color combos (i.e. opal) I could see this being a solution. I would not mind having to shell out gems/treasure for this opportunity.
Illiobillium wrote on 2018-03-10 09:10:13:

Same, honestly. I've been playing since 2013 and many of my older dragons are perfect the way that they are, with the exception of their terts. Lots have greens/blues/purples that would really subtract from their primary and secondary colors. Seeing as many other tertiary genes have been released since I started playing, it is unfortunate that I do not have a way to "reroll" those tert colors. If there were more tert genes released that mixed in unexpected color combos (i.e. opal) I could see this being a solution. I would not mind having to shell out gems/treasure for this opportunity.
light_banner.pngfR0MgwK.giflight_banner.png
Hmm... on one hand, this would be very useful - thus I'd support it

On the other hand I'm a little torn cause I too feel like it'd make things a bit too easy?
I can see the appeal of both sides ; _ ; )
Especially when it comes to terrible terts which so far can only be solved by adding spines (which look pretty neat in almost all cases?) - or simply not having a tert-gene equipped.
...but that's very bad for breeding, obviously.
Stained also hides it - but it's an expensive Gem Gene which changes the entire dragon's hues....

Hmm... on one hand, this would be very useful - thus I'd support it

On the other hand I'm a little torn cause I too feel like it'd make things a bit too easy?
I can see the appeal of both sides ; _ ; )
Especially when it comes to terrible terts which so far can only be solved by adding spines (which look pretty neat in almost all cases?) - or simply not having a tert-gene equipped.
...but that's very bad for breeding, obviously.
Stained also hides it - but it's an expensive Gem Gene which changes the entire dragon's hues....

fr_hatchery_button_small_by_naahva-dch05rf.png
[ Yoshi ]
[ +9h FR time ]
[ ger | eng | jpn ]
[ he / him ]
[ Language Learning Hub ]
naturef1.png
I still support this I am in the same boat of having various sentimental dragons that I'm very happy with but would LOVE if I could just change one of their colors. to name such an example. My dragon Lucius, my progens had a 1 egg nest and he is what popped out of that egg and on top of that he hatched xyx. Nice except his secondary just DOES NOT WORK with his prim/tert, which are sand, his secondary? Magenta and it's been an utter pain to try and make that work, sure I can always wait for a set of genes that could make it work but it'd be so much nicer if I could just use something and have a chance to turn that magenta into a color I can actually work with.

I still support this I am in the same boat of having various sentimental dragons that I'm very happy with but would LOVE if I could just change one of their colors. to name such an example. My dragon Lucius, my progens had a 1 egg nest and he is what popped out of that egg and on top of that he hatched xyx. Nice except his secondary just DOES NOT WORK with his prim/tert, which are sand, his secondary? Magenta and it's been an utter pain to try and make that work, sure I can always wait for a set of genes that could make it work but it'd be so much nicer if I could just use something and have a chance to turn that magenta into a color I can actually work with.

DVcXRyP.png
No support. Sure if be nice if my progens' terts didn't clash horribly with their other colours, but I'd rather that then crash major site markets.
No support. Sure if be nice if my progens' terts didn't clash horribly with their other colours, but I'd rather that then crash major site markets.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
I've been thinking about this a lot lately, especially after I scattered my progens into a reasonable range and I wish I had an item like this to finally get my male a good secondary color. I've always hated the fact that my two favorite dragons can't be made into a pair of decent imps. When I started this game I was under the impression that our first dragons would be something more than a pair of throwaway uglies, so I was quite disappointed when my dragons' terts were so random (not only that, but that my second progen was completely random). It has taken me years to get something I'm reasonably happy with, but I desperately want to change one color on one dragon and not screw up their entire range. So I support this. I don't particularly care if it's for progens only or not. I would only ever use it on G1s, namely my progen imps. It wouldn't kill the site economy at all, either. Every color combination possible already exists on this site. It's not that difficult to obtain a "dream dragon" or a desired breeding pair and slap some genes on them. A single scatter would be a welcome addition in my book.
I've been thinking about this a lot lately, especially after I scattered my progens into a reasonable range and I wish I had an item like this to finally get my male a good secondary color. I've always hated the fact that my two favorite dragons can't be made into a pair of decent imps. When I started this game I was under the impression that our first dragons would be something more than a pair of throwaway uglies, so I was quite disappointed when my dragons' terts were so random (not only that, but that my second progen was completely random). It has taken me years to get something I'm reasonably happy with, but I desperately want to change one color on one dragon and not screw up their entire range. So I support this. I don't particularly care if it's for progens only or not. I would only ever use it on G1s, namely my progen imps. It wouldn't kill the site economy at all, either. Every color combination possible already exists on this site. It's not that difficult to obtain a "dream dragon" or a desired breeding pair and slap some genes on them. A single scatter would be a welcome addition in my book.
Please ping me so I get your message. :3
(If you have a dragon that is descended from one of my progens then I would love to see!)
It’s not a popular opinion, but... Sure, why not? At least for terts, anyway.

I can’t imagine that it would cause the economy to go down in flames and make all breeding projects obsolete, especially if it was either a semi-expensive Gem MP item (as it’s less risky that a Tri-colour Scatterscroll), expensive Baldwin item, or a rare Coli drop.

After all, what’s cheaper/more efficient: Spending thousands of Gems on single-colour scatters and hoping to make an Obsidian/Crimson/Avocado or Black/Green/White dragon into an Obsidian/Crimson/White, or just breeding an Obsidian/Crimson/White yourself? You still only have a 1/177 chance of getting a specific colour. Breeding projects are far more sensible and reliable than gambling indefinitely to try to scatter to a specific colour combo. Breeding projects and single-colour scatters can (and would) coexist!

People could theoretically make XXX G1s, but... those would still be expensive to try for. Attempting to make a Banana/Brown/Cobalt dragon into an XXX White would be a Sisyphean task unless you had billions of Gems to burn. Even trying to make a White/White/Violet dragon into an XXX White would be risky. You have a 1/177 chance to roll White on every scatter, and you can still reroll the same colours. You could go from White/White/Violet to White/White/Coral and back to Violet again. There’s a 1/176 chance of failure— that’s not a reliable way to turn a profit, especially if the scrolls were costly.

This would mostly be used by people with sentimental dragons and progens that can’t be re-bred with better colours. My first-ever Nocturne (and first permababy) is Coral/Rose/Storm. Her primary and secondary are so cute, but I really hate Storm and don’t like how it looks in any gene. I’ve scried her with all of them, and the only one that’s tolerable is Opal, but it’s still not great. I don’t like Spines in general, Stained obscures her pinks, and Firefly still makes that ugly blue-purple too visible. :(

While I am aware that there’s nothing wrong with Basic (I have some Basics that I love!), I would still like to give her a tert gene, so a single-colour scatter to try to get her tert to be less ugly would be nice. :’D
It’s not a popular opinion, but... Sure, why not? At least for terts, anyway.

I can’t imagine that it would cause the economy to go down in flames and make all breeding projects obsolete, especially if it was either a semi-expensive Gem MP item (as it’s less risky that a Tri-colour Scatterscroll), expensive Baldwin item, or a rare Coli drop.

After all, what’s cheaper/more efficient: Spending thousands of Gems on single-colour scatters and hoping to make an Obsidian/Crimson/Avocado or Black/Green/White dragon into an Obsidian/Crimson/White, or just breeding an Obsidian/Crimson/White yourself? You still only have a 1/177 chance of getting a specific colour. Breeding projects are far more sensible and reliable than gambling indefinitely to try to scatter to a specific colour combo. Breeding projects and single-colour scatters can (and would) coexist!

People could theoretically make XXX G1s, but... those would still be expensive to try for. Attempting to make a Banana/Brown/Cobalt dragon into an XXX White would be a Sisyphean task unless you had billions of Gems to burn. Even trying to make a White/White/Violet dragon into an XXX White would be risky. You have a 1/177 chance to roll White on every scatter, and you can still reroll the same colours. You could go from White/White/Violet to White/White/Coral and back to Violet again. There’s a 1/176 chance of failure— that’s not a reliable way to turn a profit, especially if the scrolls were costly.

This would mostly be used by people with sentimental dragons and progens that can’t be re-bred with better colours. My first-ever Nocturne (and first permababy) is Coral/Rose/Storm. Her primary and secondary are so cute, but I really hate Storm and don’t like how it looks in any gene. I’ve scried her with all of them, and the only one that’s tolerable is Opal, but it’s still not great. I don’t like Spines in general, Stained obscures her pinks, and Firefly still makes that ugly blue-purple too visible. :(

While I am aware that there’s nothing wrong with Basic (I have some Basics that I love!), I would still like to give her a tert gene, so a single-colour scatter to try to get her tert to be less ugly would be nice. :’D
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
Just support for progens
Just support for progens
I only support this for progen tertiaries as long as it remains random. I, even as a G1 and oldie collector, cannot bring myself to support the ability to change even just tertiaries for anything unrelated to your progens. Personally, I'd even go as far to say only allow it on your custom. Your 'random' is your random for a reason much like your 'custom' is custom. They ought to remain true to their names.

I'd explain further, but my thoughts have been stated countless times over in this thread.
I only support this for progen tertiaries as long as it remains random. I, even as a G1 and oldie collector, cannot bring myself to support the ability to change even just tertiaries for anything unrelated to your progens. Personally, I'd even go as far to say only allow it on your custom. Your 'random' is your random for a reason much like your 'custom' is custom. They ought to remain true to their names.

I'd explain further, but my thoughts have been stated countless times over in this thread.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7