Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Individual Color Changing Scrolls
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
No support, for the reasons others have already given.
No support, for the reasons others have already given.
lightvs1.pngplaguevs1.pnglightvs1.png
@CyberFae
Support, but only if the individual scroll was random.
(Of course, with a chance that it'll pick the color that's trying to be changed)
@CyberFae
Support, but only if the individual scroll was random.
(Of course, with a chance that it'll pick the color that's trying to be changed)
Support for a random primary/secondary or tertiary scatterscroll! Especially with the expanded colourwheel coming, I think this would be great!
Support for a random primary/secondary or tertiary scatterscroll! Especially with the expanded colourwheel coming, I think this would be great!
I support this! But - in the keeping of preserving the whole 'SERIOUSLY?!?' factor, and preventing over easiness, I think they should either cost the same as a Gem Primary scroll (obscenely exspensive) OR my personal preference, have them as a rare Night of Nocturne item. Like the Nocturne Eggs and Breed Change Scrolls. That way, there'd be a limited amount per year!
@Platypusquack
I support this! But - in the keeping of preserving the whole 'SERIOUSLY?!?' factor, and preventing over easiness, I think they should either cost the same as a Gem Primary scroll (obscenely exspensive) OR my personal preference, have them as a rare Night of Nocturne item. Like the Nocturne Eggs and Breed Change Scrolls. That way, there'd be a limited amount per year!
@Platypusquack
jdDV4Lt.png
[quote name="CyberFae" date=2014-10-26 20:57:26] [quote name="DragonSage" date="2014-10-26 06:49:11"]No support as it removes a lot of the challenge from the game.It would be too easy to get a desirable result. Instead of breeding for it players could just scatter that one color and not worry about messing up the other colors. The tri-scatter scroll is a gamble, it may make things better or worse. A single-color scatter scroll is unlikely to make things worse but more likely to make things better.[/quote] I think Flight Rising is challenging enough as it is. Even if it had that it would STILL be a challenging game. Honestly I think FR is more difficult than it should be. [/quote] How so? You can search up for any colour/dragon/gene combination in the auction house, breed those two dragons together and get anything you want. It's not difficult, it's called a challenge. Something every game needs to keep people interested and coming back for more.
CyberFae wrote on 2014-10-26:
DragonSage wrote on 2014-10-26 06:49:11:
No support as it removes a lot of the challenge from the game.It would be too easy to get a desirable result. Instead of breeding for it players could just scatter that one color and not worry about messing up the other colors. The tri-scatter scroll is a gamble, it may make things better or worse. A single-color scatter scroll is unlikely to make things worse but more likely to make things better.

I think Flight Rising is challenging enough as it is. Even if it had that it would STILL be a challenging game. Honestly I think FR is more difficult than it should be.

How so?

You can search up for any colour/dragon/gene combination in the auction house, breed those two dragons together and get anything you want.

It's not difficult, it's called a challenge. Something every game needs to keep people interested and coming back for more.
support

I never understood the whole "it takes the challenge out of the game" argument, like it doesn't affect you in the slightest? Are the admins going to force you to use it? No, you don't HAVE to use it, specially not if it's a gem item. Let people play how they wanna play, don't force your play style on other people
support

I never understood the whole "it takes the challenge out of the game" argument, like it doesn't affect you in the slightest? Are the admins going to force you to use it? No, you don't HAVE to use it, specially not if it's a gem item. Let people play how they wanna play, don't force your play style on other people
DVcXRyP.png
Quote:
Quote:
Will there ever be separate scatter scrolls? Say, a tertiary only, primary only etc?

We have no plans to release an item like this.

SOURCE

This is what the Administration has to say about this.

Sorry no support.
Quote:
Quote:
Will there ever be separate scatter scrolls? Say, a tertiary only, primary only etc?

We have no plans to release an item like this.

SOURCE

This is what the Administration has to say about this.

Sorry no support.
I would only support this if it were for your custom progen, and only for the tert, and only if it's a gem item.

EDIT: and if only it was the original colour wheel.
I would only support this if it were for your custom progen, and only for the tert, and only if it's a gem item.

EDIT: and if only it was the original colour wheel.
edf798ca937fac49e30f192b32dd1f8300063ecf.png
@Apocalyptichorse

In a multiplayer game, there is actually very little that one person does with their account that doesn't affect others. For the most part, on FR, most of it has very small effects on other players, but it is still there. Since players can buy and sell dragons, anything that puts more dragons into the economy (ie opening avenues to breeding that aren't there now) or changes how those dragons look that do come in (and yes, some of the changes can be good) does affect other users, as I said before, sometimes in good ways, sometimes not. So, yes, how others play the game CAN affect me, just as how I play the game CAN affect you.

For this particular instance, since color is used to determine what offspring looks like, it could mean the difference between a dragon pair having horrible ranges to a dragon pair having a much better range and thus having much more desirable offspring, which could cut into someone's else hatchery profits, especially if it were a rarer combination. (and yes a triple scatter scroll could have the same effect, but it is much more unlikely)

Even putting aside the economic effects it could have, if it were truly as expensive as it many people want it, I really doubt that it would be worth it for FR to code it into the site as few people would be willing to use it. There is, to me, just not enough risk, unless of course the slot that it changed was random as well (ie it could randomly change the primary, secondary or tertiary).
@Apocalyptichorse

In a multiplayer game, there is actually very little that one person does with their account that doesn't affect others. For the most part, on FR, most of it has very small effects on other players, but it is still there. Since players can buy and sell dragons, anything that puts more dragons into the economy (ie opening avenues to breeding that aren't there now) or changes how those dragons look that do come in (and yes, some of the changes can be good) does affect other users, as I said before, sometimes in good ways, sometimes not. So, yes, how others play the game CAN affect me, just as how I play the game CAN affect you.

For this particular instance, since color is used to determine what offspring looks like, it could mean the difference between a dragon pair having horrible ranges to a dragon pair having a much better range and thus having much more desirable offspring, which could cut into someone's else hatchery profits, especially if it were a rarer combination. (and yes a triple scatter scroll could have the same effect, but it is much more unlikely)

Even putting aside the economic effects it could have, if it were truly as expensive as it many people want it, I really doubt that it would be worth it for FR to code it into the site as few people would be willing to use it. There is, to me, just not enough risk, unless of course the slot that it changed was random as well (ie it could randomly change the primary, secondary or tertiary).

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
@Jemadar
The concept of it being a random slot is actually a pretty interesting one! That could be as challenging to work with as tri-colour scatterscroll.
Much more support for that
@Jemadar
The concept of it being a random slot is actually a pretty interesting one! That could be as challenging to work with as tri-colour scatterscroll.
Much more support for that
edf798ca937fac49e30f192b32dd1f8300063ecf.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7