Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Less sexualized familiars
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Can't remember if I posted in this thread already, but no support.

Nothing is overly sexualized, and everything else boils down to a difference of opinion regarding style. We are not individually entitled to like every piece of artwork on this website or have it tailored to our personal taste, after all.

Someone wants to draw a mermaid with a crotch, or a centaur wearing a (honestly pretty subtle) boob plate, so be it. It's their sandbox, we're just being allowed to play in it.
Can't remember if I posted in this thread already, but no support.

Nothing is overly sexualized, and everything else boils down to a difference of opinion regarding style. We are not individually entitled to like every piece of artwork on this website or have it tailored to our personal taste, after all.

Someone wants to draw a mermaid with a crotch, or a centaur wearing a (honestly pretty subtle) boob plate, so be it. It's their sandbox, we're just being allowed to play in it.
No support.

I'm already going to the kelp beds for at least an hour every day to train up exalt fodder, I may as well have a reason to enjoy it slightly more.

Also I agree with everyone about the double standards because those abs make me *mods glaring in the distance* ...want to join Water flight. ...For the maren.
No support.

I'm already going to the kelp beds for at least an hour every day to train up exalt fodder, I may as well have a reason to enjoy it slightly more.

Also I agree with everyone about the double standards because those abs make me *mods glaring in the distance* ...want to join Water flight. ...For the maren.
@Pheonyx At the risk of getting a [s]well deserved[/s] bricking, I've fixed the maren to match. Everyone wins! But this was made just for you~ [s]And tossed in an extra highlight to tease your imaginings.[/s] [img]http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/288/1/4/4353_by_paintedcricket-d82xx2t.png[/img] And while I am not a part of the Water flight, I invite you to dive right in~!
@Pheonyx
At the risk of getting a well deserved bricking, I've fixed the maren to match. Everyone wins! But this was made just for you~ And tossed in an extra highlight to tease your imaginings.
4353_by_paintedcricket-d82xx2t.png
And while I am not a part of the Water flight, I invite you to dive right in~!
tumblr_inline_nkv3lxj0hb1qg2i5p.png CALL
1-800
Crystalbelly
NOW!!!

#AllTheRainbows
#ClickHereForMore
I'm not going to get into the whole sexualisation debate, but I would like to say that the leg outlines on the Maren just look really silly, more like an actress at Disney World in an Ariel costume than an actual mermaid.
I'm not going to get into the whole sexualisation debate, but I would like to say that the leg outlines on the Maren just look really silly, more like an actress at Disney World in an Ariel costume than an actual mermaid.
ZSHaQMJ.gif
vDmNeIH.png
Support for the centaurs. Not because it's sexualized but because female armor isn't supposed to have that dip in the middle. [img]http://amazingstoriesmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/MDJackson_WomenArmor_1.jpg[/img] It's supposed to just look like armor. Also the maren tails are weird and look like they're wearing a fake tail.
Support for the centaurs. Not because it's sexualized but because female armor isn't supposed to have that dip in the middle.

MDJackson_WomenArmor_1.jpg

It's supposed to just look like armor.

Also the maren tails are weird and look like they're wearing a fake tail.
Feel free to ping me. I love being part of a conversation.
LORE (feel free to use):

Wights/Draugr/Wraiths/Religions/Elements/Dragonkin

PzFNFIJ.png
@FRiv

Thank you for that. I guess anyone saying they are not bothered by the female maren would be ok with having this male maren.
(Which looks horrible.. legs...'fishlegs'... -.-)
@FRiv

Thank you for that. I guess anyone saying they are not bothered by the female maren would be ok with having this male maren.
(Which looks horrible.. legs...'fishlegs'... -.-)
Stay tuned people, research has been done in the lightning flight forums, and conclusions have been drawn. I will make a detailed post with the results in not too long.

One hint though: all these discussions of how the armour would work - irrelevant.
Stay tuned people, research has been done in the lightning flight forums, and conclusions have been drawn. I will make a detailed post with the results in not too long.

One hint though: all these discussions of how the armour would work - irrelevant.
[quote name="FRiv" date="2014-10-15 13:20:39"]@Pheonyx At the risk of getting a [s]well deserved[/s] bricking, I've fixed the maren to match. Everyone wins! But this was made just for you~ [s]And tossed in an extra highlight to tease your imaginings.[/s] [img]http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/288/1/4/4353_by_paintedcricket-d82xx2t.png[/img] And while I am not a part of the Water flight, I invite you to dive right in~![/quote] Is it weird I like this better than the original??? I just find it more interesting to look at, not in a 'sexy' way, just aesthetically.
FRiv wrote on 2014-10-15 13:20:39:
@Pheonyx
At the risk of getting a well deserved bricking, I've fixed the maren to match. Everyone wins! But this was made just for you~ And tossed in an extra highlight to tease your imaginings.
4353_by_paintedcricket-d82xx2t.png
And while I am not a part of the Water flight, I invite you to dive right in~!

Is it weird I like this better than the original??? I just find it more interesting to look at, not in a 'sexy' way, just aesthetically.
halfbanner2_zps706d0aaa.jpg
I don't find either gender familiar more sexualized than the other. Whether they're seen that way at all depends entirely on if a person views bare chests, breast shapes, and hip slopes as sexual.

The breastplate indentation may not be practical, but I figure it's a design choice to help you identify the creature as a female. Seeing how there were a handful of people who insisted the female Naga were male, right up until the recent update when actual males were added, I don't blame artists for trying to stylize more gender identification to separate the two.
I don't find either gender familiar more sexualized than the other. Whether they're seen that way at all depends entirely on if a person views bare chests, breast shapes, and hip slopes as sexual.

The breastplate indentation may not be practical, but I figure it's a design choice to help you identify the creature as a female. Seeing how there were a handful of people who insisted the female Naga were male, right up until the recent update when actual males were added, I don't blame artists for trying to stylize more gender identification to separate the two.
ccDyspX.png
@Trisdino

Not really irrelevant. It may not be important to you, but it's a design choice to me that just looks lazy and overdone. I don't really care if they're overly sexualized or not, but armor that looks like actual armor would just look nicer to me.
@Trisdino

Not really irrelevant. It may not be important to you, but it's a design choice to me that just looks lazy and overdone. I don't really care if they're overly sexualized or not, but armor that looks like actual armor would just look nicer to me.
Feel free to ping me. I love being part of a conversation.
LORE (feel free to use):

Wights/Draugr/Wraiths/Religions/Elements/Dragonkin

PzFNFIJ.png
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27