Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Less sexualized familiars
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
I do not believe that supporting this is what you are after if you just want more consistent anatomy, though somebody should probably make a separate thread for that.
I do not believe that supporting this is what you are after if you just want more consistent anatomy, though somebody should probably make a separate thread for that.
Hello everyone,

I would just like to remind everyone to keep discussions on-topic, civil, and in accordance with the Terms of Use and site Rules and Guidelines. It is okay to disagree with one another, but please keep the arguments respectful and constructive.

This thread has been warned before, If it cannot get back on track, it will have to be locked.

Thank you!
Hello everyone,

I would just like to remind everyone to keep discussions on-topic, civil, and in accordance with the Terms of Use and site Rules and Guidelines. It is okay to disagree with one another, but please keep the arguments respectful and constructive.

This thread has been warned before, If it cannot get back on track, it will have to be locked.

Thank you!
I didn't bring it up in my original post because I don't have the stomach for intense debates but yes, I do want to support reduced sexualization.

I still am not bothered by the centaurs - on the contrary, the ladies have refreshingly muscular arms fit for a warrior! I love their muscley arms so much. More muscley female warriors, please. Please? Please!

But the maren, like...the male maren get "normal" merperson anatomy, with the bottom half covered in fishy scales, while the females get silly crotch accentuation and a smooth tail. I wouldn't even mind if it was only that male tail was scaley and the female tail was smooth, it's the crotch accentuation that gets me. Why? It's unnecessary, it's inaccurate, it's inconsistent and yes, reeks of sexualization.

I won't be back, but I thought I should clarify. I support this suggestion.
I didn't bring it up in my original post because I don't have the stomach for intense debates but yes, I do want to support reduced sexualization.

I still am not bothered by the centaurs - on the contrary, the ladies have refreshingly muscular arms fit for a warrior! I love their muscley arms so much. More muscley female warriors, please. Please? Please!

But the maren, like...the male maren get "normal" merperson anatomy, with the bottom half covered in fishy scales, while the females get silly crotch accentuation and a smooth tail. I wouldn't even mind if it was only that male tail was scaley and the female tail was smooth, it's the crotch accentuation that gets me. Why? It's unnecessary, it's inaccurate, it's inconsistent and yes, reeks of sexualization.

I won't be back, but I thought I should clarify. I support this suggestion.
"I truly am a thing! Them be bushes, those are also things. I'm currently standing on the ground which, believe it or not, is also a thing. And behind me is the sky...oh yeah, that's a thing, too!" -Raocow
It reeks of sexualization... towards whom? By whom?

Ah yes, it was part of the ingenious ploy by a women to draw sexualized women to cater towards the audience in a game played mostly be women.

Wait what?

Ah yes, it was part of the ingenious ploy by a women to draw sexualized women to cater towards the audience in a game played mostly be women.

Wait what?
No support. I'm one of those people who cringes at blatant sexualization/fanservice in other games (like League of Legends... *shudder*), but none of the new art threw up any red flags for me. On the contrary, I thought it was quite tasteful, not to mention pretty and with a cheerful color palette. I realize opinions differ, of course, but I personally see nothing wrong with these.

Also,
Quote:

Wait what?

^ Made me laugh IRL.
No support. I'm one of those people who cringes at blatant sexualization/fanservice in other games (like League of Legends... *shudder*), but none of the new art threw up any red flags for me. On the contrary, I thought it was quite tasteful, not to mention pretty and with a cheerful color palette. I realize opinions differ, of course, but I personally see nothing wrong with these.

Also,
Quote:

Wait what?

^ Made me laugh IRL.
Header.png
[quote name="Trisdino" date="2014-10-15 06:41:39"]It reeks of sexualization... towards whom? By whom? Ah yes, it was part of the ingenious ploy by a women to draw sexualized women to cater towards the audience in a game played mostly be women. Wait what?[/quote]
Trisdino wrote on 2014-10-15 06:41:39:

Wait what?
I don't see a problem with this. Granted, I'm not particularly sensitive, but I did not find anything really sexualized about any familiars, new or otherwise. However, I'll agree that the female Maren crotch is a little bizarre and kind of unnecessary (ie it really doesn't make sense on a fish). As a whole, though, this is a really minor, menial thing that really isn't important. Everyone needs to calm down, have a milkshake, and go their separate ways.
I don't see a problem with this. Granted, I'm not particularly sensitive, but I did not find anything really sexualized about any familiars, new or otherwise. However, I'll agree that the female Maren crotch is a little bizarre and kind of unnecessary (ie it really doesn't make sense on a fish). As a whole, though, this is a really minor, menial thing that really isn't important. Everyone needs to calm down, have a milkshake, and go their separate ways.
Buy my dragons... please
+3 hours FR time
[quote name="Trisdino" date="2014-10-15 06:41:39"]It reeks of sexualization... towards whom? By whom? Ah yes, it was part of the ingenious ploy by a women to draw sexualized women to cater towards the audience in a game played mostly be women. Wait what?[/quote]
Trisdino wrote on 2014-10-15 06:41:39:

Wait what?
*whispers* Guys, I'm gaaaaaaay. I promise this isn't about wanting more sexy males and no sexy females. It's exactly what it says on the first post, nothing more. @ mods: Thank you! Edit: I humbly suggest everyone (both sides) take a deep breath, look at this kitten gif, and step away from the computer for a bit before coming back, refreshed, and think about what you have to say about the [i]ideas[/i] in this thread. Support, don't support - it's okay, really! But try not to be rude about it and try to avoid making too many assumptions about other people. [img]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdp11xqyi71qbc3qpo1_500.gif[/img]
*whispers* Guys, I'm gaaaaaaay. I promise this isn't about wanting more sexy males and no sexy females. It's exactly what it says on the first post, nothing more.

@ mods: Thank you!

Edit: I humbly suggest everyone (both sides) take a deep breath, look at this kitten gif, and step away from the computer for a bit before coming back, refreshed, and think about what you have to say about the ideas in this thread. Support, don't support - it's okay, really! But try not to be rude about it and try to avoid making too many assumptions about other people.
tumblr_mdp11xqyi71qbc3qpo1_500.gif
“blaireau’s
No support.
Their genitals are covered, nor are they posing in lewd fashions, or have hyper-genitals.

Its just a humanoid body wearing clothing.

BUT PLEASE FIX THAT LOPSIDED BOOB CENTAUR.
THAT bothers me to no end
No support.
Their genitals are covered, nor are they posing in lewd fashions, or have hyper-genitals.

Its just a humanoid body wearing clothing.

BUT PLEASE FIX THAT LOPSIDED BOOB CENTAUR.
THAT bothers me to no end
tumblr_inline_n6kdvbu87Y1qlye38.giftumblr_n69vu8VRkE1t0ibwro5_250.giftumblr_inline_n6kdvbu87Y1qlye38.gif
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27