Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Less sexualized familiars
1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 26 27
I am just going to say this is the first time I've seen mermaids with weird and out of place crotches. The centaur ladies would look pretty ******, if not for the eye rolling boob plates that are the bane to the fantasy genre. It wouldn't be so bad if 99% of the time females are wearing armor it is always boob plates.

So I am going to say I support this.
I am just going to say this is the first time I've seen mermaids with weird and out of place crotches. The centaur ladies would look pretty ******, if not for the eye rolling boob plates that are the bane to the fantasy genre. It wouldn't be so bad if 99% of the time females are wearing armor it is always boob plates.

So I am going to say I support this.
iceflight_by_kitsunka-d8l0oi6.png
@Mireu

Boob plate refers to metal plate armor. Her armor looks very much leather (the groves and layers on it, as well as how much it forms to her body) make it very very leather-like. Judging by that the little dip people seem to be complaining about is entirely for comfort, since it wouldn't hurt her anyway.

EDIT: And the fact that the belt and harness for the arrows is the same color as the armor, makes it a lot more obvious that it's leather.
@Mireu

Boob plate refers to metal plate armor. Her armor looks very much leather (the groves and layers on it, as well as how much it forms to her body) make it very very leather-like. Judging by that the little dip people seem to be complaining about is entirely for comfort, since it wouldn't hurt her anyway.

EDIT: And the fact that the belt and harness for the arrows is the same color as the armor, makes it a lot more obvious that it's leather.
[quote name="Kuhli" date="2014-10-14 11:53:25"][quote name="Trisdino" date="2014-10-14 11:47:09"]Also, let me just point out this double standard. Female centaur: Entire chest covered in armor, slight indent to accomodate breasts - Conclusion? [b]Sexist![/b] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/6336.png[/img] Male centaur: Completely bare chest, armor on one armor - Conclusion? Perfectly okay. [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/6338.png[/img] So really, all the complains about the female centaurs armor not being very protective... the male does not even [b]have [/b]armor, yet nobody cares! And you know what? They should not care, it is a blimmin' fantasy game, but they also should not care that the female centaur has even the slightest indication of breasts.[/quote][/quote]
Kuhli wrote on 2014-10-14 11:53:25:
Trisdino wrote on 2014-10-14 11:47:09:
Also, let me just point out this double standard.

Female centaur: Entire chest covered in armor, slight indent to accomodate breasts - Conclusion? Sexist!

6336.png

Male centaur: Completely bare chest, armor on one armor - Conclusion? Perfectly okay.

6338.png

So really, all the complains about the female centaurs armor not being very protective... the male does not even have armor, yet nobody cares! And you know what? They should not care, it is a blimmin' fantasy game, but they also should not care that the female centaur has even the slightest indication of breasts.
[quote name="Lindulcis" date="2014-10-14 18:14:44"][quote name="Kuhli" date="2014-10-14 11:53:25"][quote name="Trisdino" date="2014-10-14 11:47:09"]Also, let me just point out this double standard. Female centaur: Entire chest covered in armor, slight indent to accomodate breasts - Conclusion? [b]Sexist![/b] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/6336.png[/img] Male centaur: Completely bare chest, armor on one armor - Conclusion? Perfectly okay. [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/6338.png[/img] So really, all the complains about the female centaurs armor not being very protective... the male does not even [b]have [/b]armor, yet nobody cares! And you know what? They should not care, it is a blimmin' fantasy game, but they also should not care that the female centaur has even the slightest indication of breasts.[/quote][/quote][/quote] The problem most have with the females is not that its not protective, its that it actually can be severely damaging to the wearer. That sharp indent in the chest is a huge handicap in battle, considering one strike to the chest is bound to do severe damage to the ribcage, right near the vital organs its supposed to protect. My problem with "boob plates" has nothing to do with sexualization, but with the fact that theyre not only impractical, but that they would be completely counter to the purpose of armor in the first place. The meren, i dont feel is sexualized at all. Boobs exist, that's life. Women have them. It's not being sexualized just because theyre not covered entirely. And at least they aren't covered by metal armor waiting to impale them in battle.
Lindulcis wrote on 2014-10-14 18:14:44:

Female centaur: Entire chest covered in armor, slight indent to accomodate breasts - Conclusion? Sexist!

6336.png

Male centaur: Completely bare chest, armor on one armor - Conclusion? Perfectly okay.

6338.png

So really, all the complains about the female centaurs armor not being very protective... the male does not even have armor, yet nobody cares! And you know what? They should not care, it is a blimmin' fantasy game, but they also should not care that the female centaur has even the slightest indication of breasts.

The problem most have with the females is not that its not protective, its that it actually can be severely damaging to the wearer. That sharp indent in the chest is a huge handicap in battle, considering one strike to the chest is bound to do severe damage to the ribcage, right near the vital organs its supposed to protect. My problem with "boob plates" has nothing to do with sexualization, but with the fact that theyre not only impractical, but that they would be completely counter to the purpose of armor in the first place.

The meren, i dont feel is sexualized at all. Boobs exist, that's life. Women have them. It's not being sexualized just because theyre not covered entirely. And at least they aren't covered by metal armor waiting to impale them in battle.
rotyou_zpsdd94a7ce.jpg
I see absolutely nothing sexual about those familiars. No support.
I see absolutely nothing sexual about those familiars. No support.
vwiNjXp.pngOPMV6wv.png
rioovTK.png
[[[["@elventin
i think this whole thing has been blow out of context like i see nothing wrong with the art i feel for people who took time draw that stuff for us and i think that it is disrespectful to artist to complain about their art work when half of probably can't draw and other half can and you all are over thinking this making it something bigger then it is and needs to stop all this fight like no need for it.

can't we just enjoy the art for what it is not how it look too sexy
or whatever rest of think it is."]]]]

BRAVO!
This is a "game" people and a lot of work of all kinds - went into putting it together for you to PLAY - if you are thinking about sex, in any way shape or form, you are in the wrong place - if it offends you - turn it off and find another game!!! SERIOUSLY!!???
[[[["@elventin
i think this whole thing has been blow out of context like i see nothing wrong with the art i feel for people who took time draw that stuff for us and i think that it is disrespectful to artist to complain about their art work when half of probably can't draw and other half can and you all are over thinking this making it something bigger then it is and needs to stop all this fight like no need for it.

can't we just enjoy the art for what it is not how it look too sexy
or whatever rest of think it is."]]]]

BRAVO!
This is a "game" people and a lot of work of all kinds - went into putting it together for you to PLAY - if you are thinking about sex, in any way shape or form, you are in the wrong place - if it offends you - turn it off and find another game!!! SERIOUSLY!!???
[quote name="inklizard" date="2014-10-10 22:01:21"][quote name="Nerd" date="2014-10-10 21:50:33"]what[/quote][/quote]
inklizard wrote on 2014-10-10 22:01:21:
Nerd wrote on 2014-10-10 21:50:33:
what
tumblr_paeahswwr21r45983o7_100.pngtumblr_paeahswwr21r45983o7_100.png
There's a difference because it's earlier styles from the artists who draw for the site compared to their improvement.

No support, the artists for the site have improved in their skill, nothing is sexualized or offensive.
There's a difference because it's earlier styles from the artists who draw for the site compared to their improvement.

No support, the artists for the site have improved in their skill, nothing is sexualized or offensive.
ehwsgz.jpg
[quote name="EnchantingCurse" date="2014-10-14 20:10:39"][quote name="Lindulcis" date="2014-10-14 18:14:44"][quote name="Kuhli" date="2014-10-14 11:53:25"][quote name="Trisdino" date="2014-10-14 11:47:09"]Also, let me just point out this double standard. Female centaur: Entire chest covered in armor, slight indent to accomodate breasts - Conclusion? [b]Sexist![/b] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/6336.png[/img] Male centaur: Completely bare chest, armor on one armor - Conclusion? Perfectly okay. [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/6338.png[/img] So really, all the complains about the female centaurs armor not being very protective... the male does not even [b]have [/b]armor, yet nobody cares! And you know what? They should not care, it is a blimmin' fantasy game, but they also should not care that the female centaur has even the slightest indication of breasts.[/quote][/quote][/quote] The problem most have with the females is not that its not protective, its that it actually can be severely damaging to the wearer. That sharp indent in the chest is a huge handicap in battle, considering one strike to the chest is bound to do severe damage to the ribcage, right near the vital organs its supposed to protect. My problem with "boob plates" has nothing to do with sexualization, but with the fact that theyre not only impractical, but that they would be completely counter to the purpose of armor in the first place. The meren, i dont feel is sexualized at all. Boobs exist, that's life. Women have them. It's not being sexualized just because theyre not covered entirely. And at least they aren't covered by metal armor waiting to impale them in battle.[/quote] I'll also point out... the definition and coloration is the same in both familiars... neither looks to be wearing armor, both look PG bare chested... go back to tumblr.
EnchantingCurse wrote on 2014-10-14 20:10:39:
Lindulcis wrote on 2014-10-14 18:14:44:

6336.png

6338.png

The problem most have with the females is not that its not protective, its that it actually can be severely damaging to the wearer. That sharp indent in the chest is a huge handicap in battle, considering one strike to the chest is bound to do severe damage to the ribcage, right near the vital organs its supposed to protect. My problem with "boob plates" has nothing to do with sexualization, but with the fact that theyre not only impractical, but that they would be completely counter to the purpose of armor in the first place.

The meren, i dont feel is sexualized at all. Boobs exist, that's life. Women have them. It's not being sexualized just because theyre not covered entirely. And at least they aren't covered by metal armor waiting to impale them in battle.

I'll also point out... the definition and coloration is the same in both familiars... neither looks to be wearing armor, both look PG bare chested... go back to tumblr.
ehwsgz.jpg
Hello everyone,

I would like to remind you all to avoid personal attacks and always be mindful of the Forum Guidelines and Terms of Use.
Disagreeing with one another is perfectly fine; insulting each other is not.
Thanks!
Hello everyone,

I would like to remind you all to avoid personal attacks and always be mindful of the Forum Guidelines and Terms of Use.
Disagreeing with one another is perfectly fine; insulting each other is not.
Thanks!
Volunteer Moderator

If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to submit a Support Request. These submissions are viewed solely by the Admin and staff of Flight Rising, not the volunteer moderator group.
1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 26 27