Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Less sexualized familiars
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 26 27
Both the centaurs you pictured have clearly visible boobs, and of the same size. Yet you find one acceptable and one not. lol.
Both the centaurs you pictured have clearly visible boobs, and of the same size. Yet you find one acceptable and one not. lol.
zQ6DQTa.png
[quote name="Nenya" date="2014-10-10 22:10:35"]I'm confused as to how that last one is sexualized. I get clearer indication of gender from the dryads than I do from the Windcarve and Mesacliff harpies. Also, as someone who is attracted to males, I would absolutely lick the Maren Warrior like a chocolate bar. I agree the female Maren look a bit much like they have legs and crotches, but I think I'd rather see the male Maren stepped up to meet that level of sexualization than see the females toned down.[/quote] [color=green]Agreed on the Maren, I like the leggy look, and dislike how the tail on the males is so... plainly tubelike. Some sort of definition or musculature would be nice.
Nenya wrote on 2014-10-10 22:10:35:
I'm confused as to how that last one is sexualized. I get clearer indication of gender from the dryads than I do from the Windcarve and Mesacliff harpies.

Also, as someone who is attracted to males, I would absolutely lick the Maren Warrior like a chocolate bar. I agree the female Maren look a bit much like they have legs and crotches, but I think I'd rather see the male Maren stepped up to meet that level of sexualization than see the females toned down.

Agreed on the Maren, I like the leggy look, and dislike how the tail on the males is so... plainly tubelike. Some sort of definition or musculature would be nice.
Selling old UMAs/giveaway
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
progress-rainbow-rainbow-garter-blm.png
I don't like the crotch on that maren for fish bottom anatomy reasons, but really, these familiars have never stood out as sexualized to me ever, so, support for more gender neutral familiars, and more familiars in general, but no support in showing the gendered familiars in any way other than what they are now.
I don't like the crotch on that maren for fish bottom anatomy reasons, but really, these familiars have never stood out as sexualized to me ever, so, support for more gender neutral familiars, and more familiars in general, but no support in showing the gendered familiars in any way other than what they are now.
f2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.gif
[quote name="clockworkMoose" date="2014-10-10 22:18:53"]I don't like the crotch on that maren for fish bottom anatomy reasons, but really, these familiars have never stood out as sexualized to me ever, so, support for more gender neutral familiars, and more familiars in general, but no support in showing the gendered familiars in any way other than what they are now.[/quote]
clockworkMoose wrote on 2014-10-10 22:18:53:
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
[b]Edited Oct 12 to reword things[/b] Okay, I misworded things and shouldn't have brought up size. My apologies. I also removed the harpy because I think that's just confusing the issue. I'm [u]not[/u] opposed to humanoid familiars, nor am I opposed to breasts: I'm opposed to breasts that are emphasized and sexualized. Here, lets compare some naked familiars. [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/338.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/4351.png[/img] Both familiars have breasts. But when I rest my eyes and let them wander over the familiars, I have a very different experience. [list][*]In the luna mith, the first thing I notice is the neck ruff. Then the head, then the wings. The breasts are a darker color and blend into the body, so although I notice them, they don't pop out at me. My overall impression of the familiar is "female insect." [*]In the maren, the first thing I notice are the breasts. The color difference and shading creates a lot of contrast in that area. As my eyes flow up/down the body (following the natural flow of movement in the art), the next thing I notice is the hair (high contrast color) and crotch/leg area (high contrast shading). The combination of the breasts and crotch/leg area really jumps out at me as "naked lady torso," so whenever I look at the familiar again, I can't unsee it. Interestingly enough, when I edited out the crotch on the female maren, I ceased to have any issues. [/list] I realize not everyone will have the same experience when looking at the familiars - this is just what I noticed. Re: clothing The old dunhoofs are wearing shirts that fall naturally on their bodies. There are wrinkles in the cloth and the fabric stretches [u]across[/u] the breasts instead of hugging the contour of each individual breast. This is how clothing works RL. [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/635.png[/img] On the new centaur, the armor is closely molded to the breasts, to the point where it curves around the bottom and side of each breast, turning each one into a small globe. Personally, I think it looks uncomfortable. [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/6336.png[/img] If the material stretched more naturally across the breasts (more comfortable + less material needed + doesn't need to be custom fit to each centaur), then it would look closer to this: [img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/crazy_raccoon/ladycentaur.png[/img] (I realize my edit makes the breasts look smaller, that's just a side effect of the edit, not the intention. Yet again, I don't have a problem with breast size, I know it varies a lot RL.)
Edited Oct 12 to reword things

Okay, I misworded things and shouldn't have brought up size. My apologies. I also removed the harpy because I think that's just confusing the issue.

I'm not opposed to humanoid familiars, nor am I opposed to breasts: I'm opposed to breasts that are emphasized and sexualized. Here, lets compare some naked familiars.
338.png 4351.png
Both familiars have breasts. But when I rest my eyes and let them wander over the familiars, I have a very different experience.
  • In the luna mith, the first thing I notice is the neck ruff. Then the head, then the wings. The breasts are a darker color and blend into the body, so although I notice them, they don't pop out at me. My overall impression of the familiar is "female insect."
  • In the maren, the first thing I notice are the breasts. The color difference and shading creates a lot of contrast in that area. As my eyes flow up/down the body (following the natural flow of movement in the art), the next thing I notice is the hair (high contrast color) and crotch/leg area (high contrast shading). The combination of the breasts and crotch/leg area really jumps out at me as "naked lady torso," so whenever I look at the familiar again, I can't unsee it. Interestingly enough, when I edited out the crotch on the female maren, I ceased to have any issues.
I realize not everyone will have the same experience when looking at the familiars - this is just what I noticed.

Re: clothing
The old dunhoofs are wearing shirts that fall naturally on their bodies. There are wrinkles in the cloth and the fabric stretches across the breasts instead of hugging the contour of each individual breast. This is how clothing works RL.
635.png
On the new centaur, the armor is closely molded to the breasts, to the point where it curves around the bottom and side of each breast, turning each one into a small globe. Personally, I think it looks uncomfortable.
6336.png
If the material stretched more naturally across the breasts (more comfortable + less material needed + doesn't need to be custom fit to each centaur), then it would look closer to this:
ladycentaur.png
(I realize my edit makes the breasts look smaller, that's just a side effect of the edit, not the intention. Yet again, I don't have a problem with breast size, I know it varies a lot RL.)
“blaireau’s
Support! I would also like females that actually have muscles. Can we not with the sexy females like the Maren whose legs make NO sense.
Support! I would also like females that actually have muscles. Can we not with the sexy females like the Maren whose legs make NO sense.
1qad2pq.jpg
@TaffertianTales I am so down for buff ladies. Not mages, either, but fighters. Like the harpies, I suppose. :)
@TaffertianTales I am so down for buff ladies. Not mages, either, but fighters. Like the harpies, I suppose. :)
“blaireau’s
Yesh. Also I'd recommend adding your post up there to the OP. It might prevent confusion.
Yesh. Also I'd recommend adding your post up there to the OP. It might prevent confusion.
1qad2pq.jpg
@TaffertianTales Good idea! Hopefully it'll make the original post a bit clearer.
@TaffertianTales Good idea! Hopefully it'll make the original post a bit clearer.
“blaireau’s
Oh, you might want to link to this as well: http://eschergirls.tumblr.com/post/40518947801/why-do-you-hate-the-shape-of-breasts-in-plate-armor-so

Just by tripping they'd be dead with that armor.
Oh, you might want to link to this as well: http://eschergirls.tumblr.com/post/40518947801/why-do-you-hate-the-shape-of-breasts-in-plate-armor-so

Just by tripping they'd be dead with that armor.
1qad2pq.jpg
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 26 27