Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Less sexualized familiars
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Support. The reasons why have been detailed up thread by others.

(Though, to the people who are going THIS IS A TEEN RATED GAME STOP TREATING US LIKE BABIES. I just. Wow. lol. I can only imagine you sitting in at basketball games or synchronized swimming. "Uhg why is everyone dressed so modestly. We aren't babies! These are no sports for children!"

FR is teen rated, but it also isn't a game established around the idea of being a place where we vent our grown-up sexy feels. It isn't about people being babies, or games needing (for some reason) sex and violence to be "adult" in nature (or, is chess in your opinion a "baby" game because the queen is traditionally represented by a symbol that doesn't include DD sized breasts? How about poker? Or bridge?). There's an appropriate place and time for sexy things. It's incredibly immature to try and up the sexy-quotient of everything everywhere it make it clear how ~*grown up*~ you are. You come off like Beavis and Butthead instead of an actual adult.

I don't need pin-up centaurs or mermaids in my cute online dragon breeding game. There's plenty of other, much more appropriate, places to be an outlet for those kind of desires.)
Support. The reasons why have been detailed up thread by others.

(Though, to the people who are going THIS IS A TEEN RATED GAME STOP TREATING US LIKE BABIES. I just. Wow. lol. I can only imagine you sitting in at basketball games or synchronized swimming. "Uhg why is everyone dressed so modestly. We aren't babies! These are no sports for children!"

FR is teen rated, but it also isn't a game established around the idea of being a place where we vent our grown-up sexy feels. It isn't about people being babies, or games needing (for some reason) sex and violence to be "adult" in nature (or, is chess in your opinion a "baby" game because the queen is traditionally represented by a symbol that doesn't include DD sized breasts? How about poker? Or bridge?). There's an appropriate place and time for sexy things. It's incredibly immature to try and up the sexy-quotient of everything everywhere it make it clear how ~*grown up*~ you are. You come off like Beavis and Butthead instead of an actual adult.

I don't need pin-up centaurs or mermaids in my cute online dragon breeding game. There's plenty of other, much more appropriate, places to be an outlet for those kind of desires.)
Are you really saying that having a slightly curved shape in the armor is steamy highly sexualized adult fetish venting?

Again, you people are being bloody ridiculous, I am sorry, but you are. You can call opinion all you want, but the fact of the matter is that you are being so incredibly sensitive, it is rather appalling. Were you also offended by the little mermaid, because she was mostly naked? Or maybe princess Jasmine, because her clothes was a bit revealing, or perhaps most of modern fashion is sexist, since it does not completely obscure any anatomical traits?

Having a suggestion forum does not mean that you should suddenly go out and begin shouting "The world is sexist! Everything is wrong! Make it the way I like it!". And to top it all off with, there is that nifty little double standard which you, of course, either neglect to mention, or offhandedly dismiss.
Are you really saying that having a slightly curved shape in the armor is steamy highly sexualized adult fetish venting?

Again, you people are being bloody ridiculous, I am sorry, but you are. You can call opinion all you want, but the fact of the matter is that you are being so incredibly sensitive, it is rather appalling. Were you also offended by the little mermaid, because she was mostly naked? Or maybe princess Jasmine, because her clothes was a bit revealing, or perhaps most of modern fashion is sexist, since it does not completely obscure any anatomical traits?

Having a suggestion forum does not mean that you should suddenly go out and begin shouting "The world is sexist! Everything is wrong! Make it the way I like it!". And to top it all off with, there is that nifty little double standard which you, of course, either neglect to mention, or offhandedly dismiss.
@Trisdino

For me its not about this being sexist or not. Its about things looking very strange and unrealistic (even for a fantasy game) because someone wanted to.. what? Show that they have breasts? What is that cleft in the Centaur armour about? Real armour doesn't look that way and it won't work that way. The mock up in the first post is 'fantasy' enough to be unrealistic but good looking. The original is a bit ridiculous don't you think?

The same with the crotch in the maren female. What is that supposed to be? It looks like the wear a fishtail over legs. So are they maren or maybe just humans that want to play little mairmaid?

It is a suggestion to make these familiars (well more like future familiars) look a bit more real and less... like a strange mix of creatures and armour..

If you look at those mockups in the first post you'll also see that the OP isn't about vanishing any references to breasts. Just makeing them more realistic through taking away parts that are just there to... Feminize those creatures I guess? I still have no clue what the crotch and the cleft in the armour are about...
@Trisdino

For me its not about this being sexist or not. Its about things looking very strange and unrealistic (even for a fantasy game) because someone wanted to.. what? Show that they have breasts? What is that cleft in the Centaur armour about? Real armour doesn't look that way and it won't work that way. The mock up in the first post is 'fantasy' enough to be unrealistic but good looking. The original is a bit ridiculous don't you think?

The same with the crotch in the maren female. What is that supposed to be? It looks like the wear a fishtail over legs. So are they maren or maybe just humans that want to play little mairmaid?

It is a suggestion to make these familiars (well more like future familiars) look a bit more real and less... like a strange mix of creatures and armour..

If you look at those mockups in the first post you'll also see that the OP isn't about vanishing any references to breasts. Just makeing them more realistic through taking away parts that are just there to... Feminize those creatures I guess? I still have no clue what the crotch and the cleft in the armour are about...
Let me be clear here - I do not like the female Maren, in fact, I think her character design is quite terrible. It is inconsistent with her male counterpart, supposedly of the same species, makes very little sense design wise, and just looks pretty darn stupid.

So yeah, I would change it, just not for the reasons presented here.

The centaur on the other hand, I do not support changing. Real armor DOES look like that, just not chainmail and iron armor. As I have brought up in a thread in the lightning forums, archers tend to avoid wearing heavy metal armor, because it causes a huge disadvantage when what you want to be doing is move around and avoid direct enemy contact. Instead, they wear things such as leather armor, which is far more bendable and allows for more movement. Conversely, leather armor also tends to fit the body better, focusing not so much on strong protection as agility, while still adding some level of defense.

If her armor is leather, it is not unrealistic, if it is not leather, it is a fantasy game, and still not sexist.
Let me be clear here - I do not like the female Maren, in fact, I think her character design is quite terrible. It is inconsistent with her male counterpart, supposedly of the same species, makes very little sense design wise, and just looks pretty darn stupid.

So yeah, I would change it, just not for the reasons presented here.

The centaur on the other hand, I do not support changing. Real armor DOES look like that, just not chainmail and iron armor. As I have brought up in a thread in the lightning forums, archers tend to avoid wearing heavy metal armor, because it causes a huge disadvantage when what you want to be doing is move around and avoid direct enemy contact. Instead, they wear things such as leather armor, which is far more bendable and allows for more movement. Conversely, leather armor also tends to fit the body better, focusing not so much on strong protection as agility, while still adding some level of defense.

If her armor is leather, it is not unrealistic, if it is not leather, it is a fantasy game, and still not sexist.
@Trisdino

I've seen my share of leather armor. I'v never seen any that had a cleft. In fact it always is used to 'press' the breast closer to the body as big breasts tend to get in the way of the bowstring. I'm not sure about chainmail as this could only press down the breast with its weight. But then again that doesn't for such a cleft also.

I go with the suggestion because of the effect it wants to archieve - being more 'realistic' anatomically. Not because of a titel that says something about 'sexualised familiars' as the whole suggestion isn't about that as far as I can tell. The first people to bring up any sexual discussion into that thread were the people who had to work out what the OP meant without a real explanation and mockups it seems (or they just didn't read).

And fantasy or not. I prefer some anatomical correctness in my fantasy games. Mairmaids, vampires, werewolver? Sure! But a Werewolf with a head so big it wouldn't be able to walk? A mairmaid with a bonestukture of legs in her teil? No go for me. if others are OK with that because its fantasy its their thing. I'm happy we got these suggestion forums to ask for things such as this. So I will use them.
@Trisdino

I've seen my share of leather armor. I'v never seen any that had a cleft. In fact it always is used to 'press' the breast closer to the body as big breasts tend to get in the way of the bowstring. I'm not sure about chainmail as this could only press down the breast with its weight. But then again that doesn't for such a cleft also.

I go with the suggestion because of the effect it wants to archieve - being more 'realistic' anatomically. Not because of a titel that says something about 'sexualised familiars' as the whole suggestion isn't about that as far as I can tell. The first people to bring up any sexual discussion into that thread were the people who had to work out what the OP meant without a real explanation and mockups it seems (or they just didn't read).

And fantasy or not. I prefer some anatomical correctness in my fantasy games. Mairmaids, vampires, werewolver? Sure! But a Werewolf with a head so big it wouldn't be able to walk? A mairmaid with a bonestukture of legs in her teil? No go for me. if others are OK with that because its fantasy its their thing. I'm happy we got these suggestion forums to ask for things such as this. So I will use them.
Clothes does not count as anatomical correctness...

Again, I dislike the Maren because it is an ugly design, but clothes? In a fantasy universe, clothes is one of the most open and variable things, and you should not try to constrict them by such things, at least not to this extent.

And again, if you want to go there, complain about the male being completely naked except for some armor on one of his arms, because THAT would genuinely not be protective, no matter what universe you are in. This comes back to the double standard.

I am not trying to be offensive in saying this, but in a game with a most female playerbase, I cannot help but think that perhaps a will to see tons of mostly naked, muscular men, yet simultaneously fully cover up all the women, may not totally stem from a sense of equality, as much as the fact that the people in question just are not attracted to women, so they do not want to see them looking in any way "sexy", but are attracted to men, and as such, have no quarrel with them being what they themselves would define as sexualized.

Because of this, I really cannot take the people proposing this seriously, at least not until they address these points.
Clothes does not count as anatomical correctness...

Again, I dislike the Maren because it is an ugly design, but clothes? In a fantasy universe, clothes is one of the most open and variable things, and you should not try to constrict them by such things, at least not to this extent.

And again, if you want to go there, complain about the male being completely naked except for some armor on one of his arms, because THAT would genuinely not be protective, no matter what universe you are in. This comes back to the double standard.

I am not trying to be offensive in saying this, but in a game with a most female playerbase, I cannot help but think that perhaps a will to see tons of mostly naked, muscular men, yet simultaneously fully cover up all the women, may not totally stem from a sense of equality, as much as the fact that the people in question just are not attracted to women, so they do not want to see them looking in any way "sexy", but are attracted to men, and as such, have no quarrel with them being what they themselves would define as sexualized.

Because of this, I really cannot take the people proposing this seriously, at least not until they address these points.
@Trisdino

Well the arm armour is probably one of the most useful when handling a pike or lance.
Of course he needs some protection for his chest and belly area too. I'm just happy no one wanted to give him a shield. I've seen THAT much too often.

The thing that bothers me with the cenaur male is that it has a loincloth for the area between his front legs. Anatomically there should be something covering the area between its hindlegs.

And yes it is a matter of anatomy too if clothing and armour suggest stuff that isn't possible or wise. Back to the cleft? The only reason for that funny feature would be 'boobs of steel' that are not able to be compressed in any way. So.. no nice soft breast. Very ..sexy... indeed. But that is just my imagination running wih what is suggested in the pictures. Other people are probably used to such stuff over the whole WOW universe and the riculouse bodyfroms and armour I've seen there.
@Trisdino

Well the arm armour is probably one of the most useful when handling a pike or lance.
Of course he needs some protection for his chest and belly area too. I'm just happy no one wanted to give him a shield. I've seen THAT much too often.

The thing that bothers me with the cenaur male is that it has a loincloth for the area between his front legs. Anatomically there should be something covering the area between its hindlegs.

And yes it is a matter of anatomy too if clothing and armour suggest stuff that isn't possible or wise. Back to the cleft? The only reason for that funny feature would be 'boobs of steel' that are not able to be compressed in any way. So.. no nice soft breast. Very ..sexy... indeed. But that is just my imagination running wih what is suggested in the pictures. Other people are probably used to such stuff over the whole WOW universe and the riculouse bodyfroms and armour I've seen there.
Hey, are you a scholar on centaur anatomy? I am not, and I certainly do not intend to become one, but really, in a creature that is half horse, half human, would it be that much or a stretch to suggest that certain other features are also slightly different?

It is a very silly and nit-picky discussion, as it honestly makes no sense. Not to mention, if it is leather armor, as it seems to be, then it is fully possible like that.

Also, the question that nobody thought to bring up, which I am only mentioning because somebody in the lightning forum made me realize it, is why there is no armor on the horse half. I mean, are there no organs in there? You would think that such a huge and obvious target would need some protection, and definitely more than the relatively thin and slender human half.
Hey, are you a scholar on centaur anatomy? I am not, and I certainly do not intend to become one, but really, in a creature that is half horse, half human, would it be that much or a stretch to suggest that certain other features are also slightly different?

It is a very silly and nit-picky discussion, as it honestly makes no sense. Not to mention, if it is leather armor, as it seems to be, then it is fully possible like that.

Also, the question that nobody thought to bring up, which I am only mentioning because somebody in the lightning forum made me realize it, is why there is no armor on the horse half. I mean, are there no organs in there? You would think that such a huge and obvious target would need some protection, and definitely more than the relatively thin and slender human half.
@Trisdino

It's not like no one brought it up. I think I saw a suggestion that was shot down on the first page because 'come on.. its fantasy!' Sure.. As if a fantasy creature that obviously eats doesn't need protective gear...

Oh well. I guess the fantasy card will always be played as soon as someone suggests changes. I have to live with that.

I'm not a scolar of cryptozoology. But I like things to make sense. Like leatherarmour on female archers that actually does help with drawing a bow (through constricting the breast a bit).
Also that centaurs are most likely to have their parts under their belly between the hindlegs cause they are much better protected there. How easily they would get kicked if they were in the front and how difficuld mating would be that way I'm most likely not allowed to explain here.

I still support any suggestion that makes sense. (And some that don't but add nice features and are not completely off sensewise)
Remember the discussion about food? How a 5m long and 700kg heavy animal is supposed to leve of moths ans bugs is still beyond me. So the only logicall explanations would be huge food animals or an extremely low metabloism. Probably both.

If you think that discussion is silly feel that way. I like discussing details that turn out to be major logic flaws (or at least look the way) even if people think this nitpicky. Well... I guess one gets used to being nitpicky when handling dangerous chemicals in their sidejobs. One mistake and you might find yourself in the hospital.. or nothing happens at all. Still being nitpicky about which chemicals go together and which not seems to be improtant. And I can't just lay that 'nitpickyness' down with other things - even if it tis only mythical beings on a fantasy dragon site.
@Trisdino

It's not like no one brought it up. I think I saw a suggestion that was shot down on the first page because 'come on.. its fantasy!' Sure.. As if a fantasy creature that obviously eats doesn't need protective gear...

Oh well. I guess the fantasy card will always be played as soon as someone suggests changes. I have to live with that.

I'm not a scolar of cryptozoology. But I like things to make sense. Like leatherarmour on female archers that actually does help with drawing a bow (through constricting the breast a bit).
Also that centaurs are most likely to have their parts under their belly between the hindlegs cause they are much better protected there. How easily they would get kicked if they were in the front and how difficuld mating would be that way I'm most likely not allowed to explain here.

I still support any suggestion that makes sense. (And some that don't but add nice features and are not completely off sensewise)
Remember the discussion about food? How a 5m long and 700kg heavy animal is supposed to leve of moths ans bugs is still beyond me. So the only logicall explanations would be huge food animals or an extremely low metabloism. Probably both.

If you think that discussion is silly feel that way. I like discussing details that turn out to be major logic flaws (or at least look the way) even if people think this nitpicky. Well... I guess one gets used to being nitpicky when handling dangerous chemicals in their sidejobs. One mistake and you might find yourself in the hospital.. or nothing happens at all. Still being nitpicky about which chemicals go together and which not seems to be improtant. And I can't just lay that 'nitpickyness' down with other things - even if it tis only mythical beings on a fantasy dragon site.
The centaurs don't bother me, but the difference in anatomy between the maren has bugged me from day one because it's just so pointless. So, support - males and females should have matching anatomy.
The centaurs don't bother me, but the difference in anatomy between the maren has bugged me from day one because it's just so pointless. So, support - males and females should have matching anatomy.
"I truly am a thing! Them be bushes, those are also things. I'm currently standing on the ground which, believe it or not, is also a thing. And behind me is the sky...oh yeah, that's a thing, too!" -Raocow
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27