Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | [New Breed] Bat inspired
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14
Me again! I drew up another of my breed ideas to put on the other post but thought they may be overlooked as the images will need to be linked.

So for my second breed may I present Bat Dragons!

Male:
https://24.media.tumblr.com/7424869896e3b31b5f6c3acfae118af9/tumblr_n0nuc3WmRk1s4uqego1_1280.png

Female:
https://31.media.tumblr.com/efd148512817af1cb0eea8bb85144834/tumblr_n0nuc3WmRk1s4uqego2_1280.png

I took inspiration from bats and a want for more furry dragons and created these!
I did struggle a bit and @amisguidedghost helped me toss a few ideas around. As a result I have a few different horn variations drawn at the bottom of the male's page. The third horns (from left-right) seems to be the favored at this point but I would love everyone's input.

I made the secondary color carry into the fur and nose area as well as wings and am also thinking about having it subtly accent the horns as well(though it's not shown).
Males exhibit small beards and a fuller mane while females have a set of four, instead of two, horns. Even though the wings and arms are connected I hope they are apart enough so that it won't affect apparel.

I hope you all will tell me your thoughts on these and which horns/features you like and how they may be tweaked or improved upon. thank you
Me again! I drew up another of my breed ideas to put on the other post but thought they may be overlooked as the images will need to be linked.

So for my second breed may I present Bat Dragons!

Male:
https://24.media.tumblr.com/7424869896e3b31b5f6c3acfae118af9/tumblr_n0nuc3WmRk1s4uqego1_1280.png

Female:
https://31.media.tumblr.com/efd148512817af1cb0eea8bb85144834/tumblr_n0nuc3WmRk1s4uqego2_1280.png

I took inspiration from bats and a want for more furry dragons and created these!
I did struggle a bit and @amisguidedghost helped me toss a few ideas around. As a result I have a few different horn variations drawn at the bottom of the male's page. The third horns (from left-right) seems to be the favored at this point but I would love everyone's input.

I made the secondary color carry into the fur and nose area as well as wings and am also thinking about having it subtly accent the horns as well(though it's not shown).
Males exhibit small beards and a fuller mane while females have a set of four, instead of two, horns. Even though the wings and arms are connected I hope they are apart enough so that it won't affect apparel.

I hope you all will tell me your thoughts on these and which horns/features you like and how they may be tweaked or improved upon. thank you
I love it! Bats are one of my favorite animals and I wold so hoard these babies if they ever came out.
I love it! Bats are one of my favorite animals and I wold so hoard these babies if they ever came out.
Wow, they are kind of bat/cat like,! ^^ Love it
Wow, they are kind of bat/cat like,! ^^ Love it
Wooo! I'm super excited. Glad to see one of them colored. I love these guys quite a bit.
Wooo! I'm super excited. Glad to see one of them colored. I love these guys quite a bit.
In search of Light Female Dragon- Cantaloupe/Mint/Banana!
Still think it could affect apparel. Like arm wraps or the steampunk wings.
Still think it could affect apparel. Like arm wraps or the steampunk wings.
Feel free to ping me. I love being part of a conversation.
LORE (feel free to use):

Wights/Draugr/Wraiths/Religions/Elements/Dragonkin

PzFNFIJ.png
Ithinkthereisalreadyabatdragonintheworks
This is super cute though @.@ It reminds me of Noivern, which has recently become my favorite pokemon (And I've never really had a favorite before x3))
Ithinkthereisalreadyabatdragonintheworks
This is super cute though @.@ It reminds me of Noivern, which has recently become my favorite pokemon (And I've never really had a favorite before x3))
TOW2n3q.png
@theLOAD, hmmm yeah I know it's a risky move...I can see how it may get in the way. Not sure how these guys would be without the arm wings though.

@Bowno, Oh boy I hope you're right I went to look at noivern and oops, didn't realize how close it was. But glad you like and I agree, noivern is a pretty sweet pokemon
@theLOAD, hmmm yeah I know it's a risky move...I can see how it may get in the way. Not sure how these guys would be without the arm wings though.

@Bowno, Oh boy I hope you're right I went to look at noivern and oops, didn't realize how close it was. But glad you like and I agree, noivern is a pretty sweet pokemon
I think a solution for the arm/wing wrap thing would be to just have the arm wraps stop more prematurely on the arm (fingers to mid-forearm) than the wing wraps (take those up to the shoulder from past the elbow?), and both equipped together could sorta "overlap" to be a continuous thing...

Lord knows the membranes apparently don't get in the way on other species' wings, so that isn't something you have to consider with the shared space, at least. Bah!

I like them a lot as a concept, A+ would hoard again.
I think a solution for the arm/wing wrap thing would be to just have the arm wraps stop more prematurely on the arm (fingers to mid-forearm) than the wing wraps (take those up to the shoulder from past the elbow?), and both equipped together could sorta "overlap" to be a continuous thing...

Lord knows the membranes apparently don't get in the way on other species' wings, so that isn't something you have to consider with the shared space, at least. Bah!

I like them a lot as a concept, A+ would hoard again.
So much support! ouo
So much support! ouo
c1xnUU3.png
JrZGMGx.pngwCOCqt3.pngbYt72YT.pngFObX7rS.pngWQA384m.pngdEo6ta2.png
These are awesome and I want them right now.
These are awesome and I want them right now.
Looking for a Male Forest/Sand/? Mirror, preferably 1st Gen with ice eyes!
Levin-Incarnate---Glamour-Signature---Created-by-Serinde_zps204eda15.png

tmXWTab.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14