Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | [New Breed] Bat inspired
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14
@Motleymuses

Supporting this~ I'm tired of the standard four legs blah dragons, we need a few wyverns.
Much love for bats.
@Motleymuses

Supporting this~ I'm tired of the standard four legs blah dragons, we need a few wyverns.
Much love for bats.
Fossil_%28Identified%29_NL_Icon.png
Art Shop
Blue_Feather_NL_Icon.png
Twitter
Wow! Thank you everyone for your thoughts and support!
It means a lot
Wow! Thank you everyone for your thoughts and support!
It means a lot
I like it, but the apparel and loreish issues. Needs a second set of wings. Arm wraps aren't such a big deal because they Spirals, so it can be done. AND their hands are manipulators like most of the other dragons (if not all, some of them are tricky to see if they have thumbs or not, and some of them you go "that's kinda useless.")

Maybe tuck their wings up close to their arms and you can get a cool overlapping effect. Add size and strength...maybe they walk with both their arm wings, legs, and wing wings?
I like it, but the apparel and loreish issues. Needs a second set of wings. Arm wraps aren't such a big deal because they Spirals, so it can be done. AND their hands are manipulators like most of the other dragons (if not all, some of them are tricky to see if they have thumbs or not, and some of them you go "that's kinda useless.")

Maybe tuck their wings up close to their arms and you can get a cool overlapping effect. Add size and strength...maybe they walk with both their arm wings, legs, and wing wings?
Haha I did a bat-type dragon doodle ages ago, which was quite different looking to your design, after some digging around my FR tumblr I found it again.

https://24.media.tumblr.com/9c3c24577d6a63756dda4e2c79b17c00/tumblr_mv5x995QAe1sc74hso10_1280.jpg

I like your design quite a bit, but like the others have said I'm not sure if the arm wings would be ok with the rules that have been set down for the breeds. Hard to say.
Haha I did a bat-type dragon doodle ages ago, which was quite different looking to your design, after some digging around my FR tumblr I found it again.

https://24.media.tumblr.com/9c3c24577d6a63756dda4e2c79b17c00/tumblr_mv5x995QAe1sc74hso10_1280.jpg

I like your design quite a bit, but like the others have said I'm not sure if the arm wings would be ok with the rules that have been set down for the breeds. Hard to say.
GIMME 20 OF THEM.
GIMME 20 OF THEM.
@kiwifeathers, Wow your design is cool! I especially like the wing connecting to the tail.

I can see the worries about the wing arms but at the same time I still feel like they could work? a lot of apparel still works without regards to membranes/hair i.e. wing wraps. I purposefully made the hand and wrist elongated so it seems more of a normal arm than a normal wing so it could accommodate both arm and wing apparel. I hope I'm making sense, explaining in words isn't my strong suit...

If it absolutely couldn't work I wonder how t might look withe the limbs separated...?
@kiwifeathers, Wow your design is cool! I especially like the wing connecting to the tail.

I can see the worries about the wing arms but at the same time I still feel like they could work? a lot of apparel still works without regards to membranes/hair i.e. wing wraps. I purposefully made the hand and wrist elongated so it seems more of a normal arm than a normal wing so it could accommodate both arm and wing apparel. I hope I'm making sense, explaining in words isn't my strong suit...

If it absolutely couldn't work I wonder how t might look withe the limbs separated...?
Yes. So perfect! I especially love the wings.
Yes. So perfect! I especially love the wings.
618dee02b003e5c7339ee8bf419e42c3.png
Auughghgghhh love these. Great designs :)
Auughghgghhh love these. Great designs :)
4mPQpJQ.png
@motleymuses
Here's a suggestion in re: apparel problem: You could potentially give them a small pair of vestigial arms, as though they were originally quadrupedal like most dragons? Think t-rex arms lmao
Still, very interesting.
@motleymuses
Here's a suggestion in re: apparel problem: You could potentially give them a small pair of vestigial arms, as though they were originally quadrupedal like most dragons? Think t-rex arms lmao
Still, very interesting.
shadow_them.png fz98ib.gif shadow_them.png
I LOVE these.
I LOVE these.
PorcelainMini3_zpsb8a9807d.pngPorcelainMini4_zpsb9322c8d.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14