Skins and Accents
Share and sell your skin creations with other players.
TOPIC | _____G.A.S.P. v2.0_____
1 2 ... 85 86 87 88 89 ... 257 258
I have no issues with a change to "markings"
I have no issues with a change to "markings"
tumblr_p852eyEClW1vmmvqfo1_100.pngtumblr_p852eyEClW1vmmvqfo6_r2_400.pngtumblr_p852eyEClW1vmmvqfo2_100.png
tumblr_p852eyEClW1vmmvqfo3_100.pngtumblr_p852eyEClW1vmmvqfo7_r2_400.pngtumblr_p852eyEClW1vmmvqfo4_100.png
@Tiriea
Yes, patterns becoming markings is okay!
@Tiriea
Yes, patterns becoming markings is okay!
storybadge_by_unseenrangergal-dbmje1i.png
@Akaineko I understand your point. That's why we had the keyword for over a year. However we've noticed it caused confusion in many artists, rather than giving them 'freedom'. [b]Many artists feel quite insecure selecting a keyword they aren't 100% sure about because they'll be pinging literally hundreds of people. They don't know if they're pinging the type of 'pattern' the users intended[/b], resulting in them either not using the keyword at all, or great anxiety and a preemptive apology when they ping. That's no fun. If this were an art assignment, or people simply showing interest in a theme in particular by adding the keyword to their entry (like in GASP 1.0) I'd be 100% on board with you. However, we've noticed that this simply doesn't work with GASP 2.0. If you have another keyword that succinctly covers your other kind of patterns, we'd be happy to consider it. Though, I think realistically, if an artist puts the patterns you show on a dragon's skin they will also be considered either actual markings, or more likely tattoos. And not all tattoos will fall under either tribal or markings; think naval tattoos or the like. [img]https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/91wBCM8oA6L._SX425_.jpg[/img] And if an artist creates apparel they will use the apparel keyword. Whether the fabric is decorated or not is fairly moot for filtering at that point. If they want magic on the wings, we have a magic/runes keyword. GASP's keywords do not limit or mandate what artists can draw. It's simply about gathering names of people who may be interested (and filtering out those who won't be.) But if artists are uncomfortable using GASP because they aren't sure if they're picking the 'right' keywords and that they'll just annoy people, that's not helping *anyone.*
@Akaineko I understand your point. That's why we had the keyword for over a year. However we've noticed it caused confusion in many artists, rather than giving them 'freedom'. Many artists feel quite insecure selecting a keyword they aren't 100% sure about because they'll be pinging literally hundreds of people. They don't know if they're pinging the type of 'pattern' the users intended, resulting in them either not using the keyword at all, or great anxiety and a preemptive apology when they ping. That's no fun. If this were an art assignment, or people simply showing interest in a theme in particular by adding the keyword to their entry (like in GASP 1.0) I'd be 100% on board with you. However, we've noticed that this simply doesn't work with GASP 2.0. If you have another keyword that succinctly covers your other kind of patterns, we'd be happy to consider it. Though, I think realistically, if an artist puts the patterns you show on a dragon's skin they will also be considered either actual markings, or more likely tattoos. And not all tattoos will fall under either tribal or markings; think naval tattoos or the like. 91wBCM8oA6L._SX425_.jpg

And if an artist creates apparel they will use the apparel keyword. Whether the fabric is decorated or not is fairly moot for filtering at that point. If they want magic on the wings, we have a magic/runes keyword. GASP's keywords do not limit or mandate what artists can draw. It's simply about gathering names of people who may be interested (and filtering out those who won't be.) But if artists are uncomfortable using GASP because they aren't sure if they're picking the 'right' keywords and that they'll just annoy people, that's not helping *anyone.*
0SzlbCW.pngmYcpvjm.png
@chatoyant @Bekuno @UnseenRangerGal Thank you!
@chatoyant @Bekuno @UnseenRangerGal Thank you!
0SzlbCW.pngmYcpvjm.png
@Tiriea - I'm fine with 'patterns' changing. My meaning was more in 'markings' anyway; I like tattoos, stripes, etc., and that gets a more general meaning which seems better to me in 'markings.'
@Tiriea - I'm fine with 'patterns' changing. My meaning was more in 'markings' anyway; I like tattoos, stripes, etc., and that gets a more general meaning which seems better to me in 'markings.'
HzGpUHb.png
I'm perfectly okay with patterns being changed to markings!
I'm perfectly okay with patterns being changed to markings!
GPFBcBE.jpgvAMyyys.gifD3EnY5k.jpgAK9GL0e.gif
@PepperClove Thank you!

@Raptorgrrl You actually have patterns in your Do Not Pings. Would you like me to remove that and add 'markings' and 'tattoos' to your Do Pings?
@PepperClove Thank you!

@Raptorgrrl You actually have patterns in your Do Not Pings. Would you like me to remove that and add 'markings' and 'tattoos' to your Do Pings?
0SzlbCW.pngmYcpvjm.png
X) @Tiriea -Well, my explanation might be why, I suppose. Leave it to me to NOT remember things like that. I would love to be on those lists, thank you!
X) @Tiriea -Well, my explanation might be why, I suppose. Leave it to me to NOT remember things like that. I would love to be on those lists, thank you!
HzGpUHb.png
i wasn't mentioned in the individual pings, so i'm just gonna let people know that im still dropping by from time to time and would like to stay in the list !
i wasn't mentioned in the individual pings, so i'm just gonna let people know that im still dropping by from time to time and would like to stay in the list !
733EAYl.png
Heraldry -
Abomination -
Necromancy -
Tribals -

I'm good with all of the changes proposed for these keywords. However, I wanted to note that I had Abomination and Body Horror selected for things I DO want, just in case there was some confusion (though I'm aware some ppl use it to filter things they don't want, and you are probably just referring to that)

It has been a very long time since I made my entry, has the list changed significantly over time? should I update it? and if so, how should I go about doing that?
Heraldry -
Abomination -
Necromancy -
Tribals -

I'm good with all of the changes proposed for these keywords. However, I wanted to note that I had Abomination and Body Horror selected for things I DO want, just in case there was some confusion (though I'm aware some ppl use it to filter things they don't want, and you are probably just referring to that)

It has been a very long time since I made my entry, has the list changed significantly over time? should I update it? and if so, how should I go about doing that?
bird115702.gif Art Shops:
DNAger Adopts
Pixel Adopts
Accents

Visual Art
dbatlo8-f76069b5-a213-48ac-a09d-7699704c12a9.png Lore & Projects:
Lore Dragons Sales
Bio Writing Service
Shade's Witness
Scarwind Fae Colony
dbatlo8-f76069b5-a213-48ac-a09d-7699704c12a9.png Formerly @GennyWar
+3 FR Time
Hatchling Letters appreciated

Minstri not Ministri (careful with Pings)

1 2 ... 85 86 87 88 89 ... 257 258