Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [Private] Beyond and Below
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16 17
When they landed outside the Keep, Questionable turned back into human form. "Listen," Questionable said, looking very distracted, "Have you ever heard of the Beast? Probably not, as this was before you were born. Either way, you should learn about them. Here, read these." Questionable pulled out a folded newspaper article from his pocket. It was dated from about 20 years ago. [quote name= TheBeastStrikesAgain] Today, the infamous serial killer known only as the Beast claims their 13th victim. While many serial killers have a certain type of victim they like to go after, the Beast has no noticeable patterns in their killings, leading some to believe they are a monster. However, the police think this is unlikely. "The murders are too well planned, the bodies too well hidden," says Phoenix Winston, the detective in charge of the case. More details soon to come. [/quote] Questionable looked very nervous. This was the first time Aurum had seen him look even remotely unsettled. He took a deep breath, and walked towards the doors of the Keep.
When they landed outside the Keep, Questionable turned back into human form. "Listen," Questionable said, looking very distracted, "Have you ever heard of the Beast? Probably not, as this was before you were born. Either way, you should learn about them. Here, read these." Questionable pulled out a folded newspaper article from his pocket. It was dated from about 20 years ago.
TheBeastStrikesAgain wrote:
Today, the infamous serial killer known only as the Beast claims their 13th victim. While many serial killers have a certain type of victim they like to go after, the Beast has no noticeable patterns in their killings, leading some to believe they are a monster. However, the police think this is unlikely. "The murders are too well planned, the bodies too well hidden," says Phoenix Winston, the detective in charge of the case. More details soon to come.

Questionable looked very nervous. This was the first time Aurum had seen him look even remotely unsettled. He took a deep breath, and walked towards the doors of the Keep.
52014.png
I U S
he/she | fr +3
Aurum looked at the article with distaste. Their plan was to let out a serial killer. How would this solve anything? All it would do is make things worse. He was just about to protest, ask Questionable what in the world they thought they were doing, before hesitating at Questionable's nervous look. He realized that though he hadn't known them long, he had never seen anything even near fear upon their face. If they looked like that..."This must be the only option" He muttered to themself. Aurum then took off his cloak, flipping it inside-out as to try hiding the markings that almost seemed to scream, I'm a criminal! Come capture me! Putting it back on, he pulled up the hood and with a bit of reluctance, pulled out his dagger, ready for the worst.
Aurum looked at the article with distaste. Their plan was to let out a serial killer. How would this solve anything? All it would do is make things worse. He was just about to protest, ask Questionable what in the world they thought they were doing, before hesitating at Questionable's nervous look. He realized that though he hadn't known them long, he had never seen anything even near fear upon their face. If they looked like that..."This must be the only option" He muttered to themself. Aurum then took off his cloak, flipping it inside-out as to try hiding the markings that almost seemed to scream, I'm a criminal! Come capture me! Putting it back on, he pulled up the hood and with a bit of reluctance, pulled out his dagger, ready for the worst.
He sniffed the air, it smelled familiar. like... Aurum and questionable. They added a cell just for him, and it required no guard, but here was a ticket out. He put his ear to the floor, and he heard footsteps getting closer and closer. He was to tire to use an illusion. He looked down at the ring, he could effortlessly grow a plant, so that's what he did, he made a path of plants to his cell, and hoped for the best.
He sniffed the air, it smelled familiar. like... Aurum and questionable. They added a cell just for him, and it required no guard, but here was a ticket out. He put his ear to the floor, and he heard footsteps getting closer and closer. He was to tire to use an illusion. He looked down at the ring, he could effortlessly grow a plant, so that's what he did, he made a path of plants to his cell, and hoped for the best.
4Co921H.png
After checking in to the Keep, they were allowed to go see the Beast, although only if they left all their weapons behind. Questionable wasn't worried. He didn't need any weapons for what he was about to do. They were given directions to the cell; it was on the bottommost floor. Questionable and Aurum walked in silence, not saying a word to each other. When they arrived, they saw a single man sitting in a chair, staring at them. While he couldn't have been older than thirty, his brown hair was already greying at the ends. His pale yellow eyes watched them with almost a sort of detached amusement, like he didn't take their presence seriously. The most intriguing feature about the man was the mess of scars that was the right side of his face. However, perhaps the most thing feature about him was his striking resemblance to Questionable. Sure, he looked older, and in the undamaged parts of his face, maybe a bit more handsome, but it was there, no doubt about it. Questionable looked at him, a sort of distant sadness in his gaze. He opened his mouth to speak, his words heavy, like they carried a great burden. "Hello brother."
After checking in to the Keep, they were allowed to go see the Beast, although only if they left all their weapons behind. Questionable wasn't worried. He didn't need any weapons for what he was about to do. They were given directions to the cell; it was on the bottommost floor. Questionable and Aurum walked in silence, not saying a word to each other. When they arrived, they saw a single man sitting in a chair, staring at them. While he couldn't have been older than thirty, his brown hair was already greying at the ends. His pale yellow eyes watched them with almost a sort of detached amusement, like he didn't take their presence seriously. The most intriguing feature about the man was the mess of scars that was the right side of his face. However, perhaps the most thing feature about him was his striking resemblance to Questionable. Sure, he looked older, and in the undamaged parts of his face, maybe a bit more handsome, but it was there, no doubt about it. Questionable looked at him, a sort of distant sadness in his gaze. He opened his mouth to speak, his words heavy, like they carried a great burden. "Hello brother."
52014.png
I U S
he/she | fr +3
Aurum stood their, for once- in absolute silence. He felt as if he was intruding on something, making him instantly want to leave the room. He instead decided to focus on the things around him, instantly noticing the absence of chains. Wasn’t this supposed to be a high security cell? And if so, why did it seem to be the easiest to escape from? Sure, the plexiglass did look impressive, though it could be broken easily with magic, or sheer force, so why hadn’t he broken out? If he was Questionables brother he could change back into a monster and easily break it. Was something wrong with them? Aurum stood there, having no idea in the slightest what to do, or say.
Aurum stood their, for once- in absolute silence. He felt as if he was intruding on something, making him instantly want to leave the room. He instead decided to focus on the things around him, instantly noticing the absence of chains. Wasn’t this supposed to be a high security cell? And if so, why did it seem to be the easiest to escape from? Sure, the plexiglass did look impressive, though it could be broken easily with magic, or sheer force, so why hadn’t he broken out? If he was Questionables brother he could change back into a monster and easily break it. Was something wrong with them? Aurum stood there, having no idea in the slightest what to do, or say.
they did not notice. He slumped, time to take it up a notch. he focused on Aurum, sending a vine up his leg that tugged gently in towards his cell.
they did not notice. He slumped, time to take it up a notch. he focused on Aurum, sending a vine up his leg that tugged gently in towards his cell.
4Co921H.png
Questionable stared at the monster his older brother had become. He didn't look like himself. While he hadn't seen him since he was arrested almost twenty years ago, he looked almost the same as during their fight, when... no. He wasn't going to think about that. That memory still hurt too much. "Why haven't you escaped yet?" Questionable said, looking around at the lack of chains. "There's an alarm that triggers if I get too close to the wall, he responded. Also, they're giving me a drug in my food that prevents me from shifting. I've tried to starve myself to get rid of it, but you know me." Questionable looked at the glass surrounding his brother's cell. "Fine." Questionable said, suddenly beginning to transform into his true form. He stabbed his tail barb into the glass, ignoring the alarm that started to blare. The acid-like venom began to eat away at the glass. Then, using one of his powerful hind legs, ripped the entire segment of plexiglass off the wall. Hearing heavy footsteps from all directions, he grabbed his brother, pulling him out of the cell. He began to fight the guards that surrounded them, trying not to kill any of them. After only a few minutes, though it felt like hours, they had made it all the way to the exit.
Questionable stared at the monster his older brother had become. He didn't look like himself. While he hadn't seen him since he was arrested almost twenty years ago, he looked almost the same as during their fight, when... no. He wasn't going to think about that. That memory still hurt too much. "Why haven't you escaped yet?" Questionable said, looking around at the lack of chains. "There's an alarm that triggers if I get too close to the wall, he responded. Also, they're giving me a drug in my food that prevents me from shifting. I've tried to starve myself to get rid of it, but you know me." Questionable looked at the glass surrounding his brother's cell. "Fine." Questionable said, suddenly beginning to transform into his true form. He stabbed his tail barb into the glass, ignoring the alarm that started to blare. The acid-like venom began to eat away at the glass. Then, using one of his powerful hind legs, ripped the entire segment of plexiglass off the wall. Hearing heavy footsteps from all directions, he grabbed his brother, pulling him out of the cell. He began to fight the guards that surrounded them, trying not to kill any of them. After only a few minutes, though it felt like hours, they had made it all the way to the exit.
52014.png
I U S
he/she | fr +3
Aurum felt the vine tug at his leg, looking down to stare at it with a startled look, he noticed that It looked almost identical to the one Grin had created earlier. How did they get here? If they were sending this to him, they either were trying to get his attention, or they were in trouble. Aurum quickly started to follow the vine, finally leading to a cell, with Devils Grin on the other side.
He was about to speak when he heard the alarms go off, Questionable had acted. He reached into his bag, trying to get his dagger out before the guards got here, before realizing that he had been forced to leave it behind earlier. He swore, before turning to face Devils Grin, asking in a fake causal voice, “Any idea as to how I’m supposed to open this thing?”
Aurum felt the vine tug at his leg, looking down to stare at it with a startled look, he noticed that It looked almost identical to the one Grin had created earlier. How did they get here? If they were sending this to him, they either were trying to get his attention, or they were in trouble. Aurum quickly started to follow the vine, finally leading to a cell, with Devils Grin on the other side.
He was about to speak when he heard the alarms go off, Questionable had acted. He reached into his bag, trying to get his dagger out before the guards got here, before realizing that he had been forced to leave it behind earlier. He swore, before turning to face Devils Grin, asking in a fake causal voice, “Any idea as to how I’m supposed to open this thing?”
He looked up, it had worked. "I have no clue, do you have your dagger?" He frowned when Aurum said no. He was tiered, to tired to use the ring even. That's it, the ring, but, he could not use it. Grin knew it was risky, but he had to trust Aurum, for both their sakes. He took of the ring, and handed it reluctantly to Aurum. "use this."
He looked up, it had worked. "I have no clue, do you have your dagger?" He frowned when Aurum said no. He was tiered, to tired to use the ring even. That's it, the ring, but, he could not use it. Grin knew it was risky, but he had to trust Aurum, for both their sakes. He took of the ring, and handed it reluctantly to Aurum. "use this."
4Co921H.png
Questionable stared at his brother. The two had taken shelter in another one of Questionable's hiding spots. "For the past twenty years," Questionable said, looking almost angry, "I've wanted nothing to do with you, Devour." "And yet," came the reply, "In your time of need, look who it is you turn to." Questionable didn't know how to respond to that. For the past twenty minutes, Questionable's brother, Devour, had said almost nothing to him. Perhaps he was still mad after- Questionable silenced that thought. Suddenly, he thought he heard the door creak open, he stood up, ready to kill whoever set foot in the small room, but it was Temptation who opened the door. When he saw Devour, he gasped. "I- I thought you wouldn't go through with it. This can't be real." "Well it is," Devour replied, no hint of emotion in his voice.

For the first time since that day, for the first time in twenty years, we're all together. Questionable thought to himself. I never thought I'd live to see this day. All of a sudden, he heard a commotion outside, and flung open the door. The first things he noticed were vines, a lot of vines.
Questionable stared at his brother. The two had taken shelter in another one of Questionable's hiding spots. "For the past twenty years," Questionable said, looking almost angry, "I've wanted nothing to do with you, Devour." "And yet," came the reply, "In your time of need, look who it is you turn to." Questionable didn't know how to respond to that. For the past twenty minutes, Questionable's brother, Devour, had said almost nothing to him. Perhaps he was still mad after- Questionable silenced that thought. Suddenly, he thought he heard the door creak open, he stood up, ready to kill whoever set foot in the small room, but it was Temptation who opened the door. When he saw Devour, he gasped. "I- I thought you wouldn't go through with it. This can't be real." "Well it is," Devour replied, no hint of emotion in his voice.

For the first time since that day, for the first time in twenty years, we're all together. Questionable thought to himself. I never thought I'd live to see this day. All of a sudden, he heard a commotion outside, and flung open the door. The first things he noticed were vines, a lot of vines.
52014.png
I U S
he/she | fr +3
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16 17