Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [Private] Beyond and Below
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Dryden peered over a piece of ruble at 3 guards running towards the museum. "Alright everyone, A bunch of guards are showing up, I think we should run." Dryden laughed as they flew away, he was enjoying this. "can you keep it down?" Said someone else in his area, not sure if it was Aurum or Questionable. "no, I actually cannot, maybe ill explain later." As they made their way over to the Springlodge. "Alight, when we were at the museum, I tried to make it grow a little taller, so your welcome questionable." It was true, the Springlodge was certainly taller than it was when they last left. Dryden went to bed, ready to get a good nights sleep.

He awoke early, and he went out into the main room to see
questionable, snoring on the floor. He crept outside, he wanted to get the news on what had happened. Dryden wandered the streets as an elf, walking through the streets of lower New Orein. He finally found a printer open at this hour, and asked for some information. The man behind the counter handed them a weird paper with a lot of text on it. "Can ya read" He asked Gruffly.
"oh yes, thank you sir," He walked out, A paper with the news on it, what an interesting idea. He walked back, it looked bleak. Somebody had spotted them flying away from the Museum. He made it back to Springlodge, and put down the paper. Something caught him out of the corner of his eye, the trunk he had put the stuff he cleared out of Aurums room in. He walked over, and opened it. Inside he pulled out a dusty book and opened it. It was full of note on the history of New and old Orein, and he kept reading. What a neat notetaker his old friend was. When he looked up, he realized questionable was watching him. 'Quick Dryden, play it stupid' he thought. " What's reading, I'm not doing it," Ok, maybe he overdid it a little. his reading was going to need some explanation, Dryden was sure.
Dryden peered over a piece of ruble at 3 guards running towards the museum. "Alright everyone, A bunch of guards are showing up, I think we should run." Dryden laughed as they flew away, he was enjoying this. "can you keep it down?" Said someone else in his area, not sure if it was Aurum or Questionable. "no, I actually cannot, maybe ill explain later." As they made their way over to the Springlodge. "Alight, when we were at the museum, I tried to make it grow a little taller, so your welcome questionable." It was true, the Springlodge was certainly taller than it was when they last left. Dryden went to bed, ready to get a good nights sleep.

He awoke early, and he went out into the main room to see
questionable, snoring on the floor. He crept outside, he wanted to get the news on what had happened. Dryden wandered the streets as an elf, walking through the streets of lower New Orein. He finally found a printer open at this hour, and asked for some information. The man behind the counter handed them a weird paper with a lot of text on it. "Can ya read" He asked Gruffly.
"oh yes, thank you sir," He walked out, A paper with the news on it, what an interesting idea. He walked back, it looked bleak. Somebody had spotted them flying away from the Museum. He made it back to Springlodge, and put down the paper. Something caught him out of the corner of his eye, the trunk he had put the stuff he cleared out of Aurums room in. He walked over, and opened it. Inside he pulled out a dusty book and opened it. It was full of note on the history of New and old Orein, and he kept reading. What a neat notetaker his old friend was. When he looked up, he realized questionable was watching him. 'Quick Dryden, play it stupid' he thought. " What's reading, I'm not doing it," Ok, maybe he overdid it a little. his reading was going to need some explanation, Dryden was sure.
4Co921H.png
Questionable stared at Dryden. They locked eyes for a moment, before Questionable yanked the book out of Dryden's hands with inhuman strength and began to read. "What is this?," Questionable said, a little bit confused as to what he was reading, "Is this a history of the City? Seems interesting, but not interesting enough for you to try and hide it. What's on your mind? It's not like you're very good at hiding your emotions." Questionable continued reading, taking note of any interesting facts he found in the book. "Lemme guess," Questionable said, trying to figure out what had upset Dryden, "Someone saw us as we were flying away from the scene, although that's a little strange, seeing as I never let you on my back, and no one else here can fly, except Devour, who's currently missing. Hmmm..." When Questionable looked back at Dryden, the expression on his face was more than enough to confirm that his theory was true.
Questionable stared at Dryden. They locked eyes for a moment, before Questionable yanked the book out of Dryden's hands with inhuman strength and began to read. "What is this?," Questionable said, a little bit confused as to what he was reading, "Is this a history of the City? Seems interesting, but not interesting enough for you to try and hide it. What's on your mind? It's not like you're very good at hiding your emotions." Questionable continued reading, taking note of any interesting facts he found in the book. "Lemme guess," Questionable said, trying to figure out what had upset Dryden, "Someone saw us as we were flying away from the scene, although that's a little strange, seeing as I never let you on my back, and no one else here can fly, except Devour, who's currently missing. Hmmm..." When Questionable looked back at Dryden, the expression on his face was more than enough to confirm that his theory was true.
52014.png
I U S
he/she | fr +3
Dryden was relived, a change of topic. Yes, I went out earlier and heard all about it. I f you can read there is an overview on the table over there. Also I stole this sword from the museum, its very shiny." He heard a door creak open, and saw Aurum enter. He still could not shake the feeling that Questionable would bring this up later. He then also realized they had the scrap of cloth with the fish on it. The overview he bought said 2 items were missing, a sword and a cloth, and now people will have heard about the cloth, in detailed description. he felt his stomach sink deep. If whoever this new group of people (cult? crime organization?) heard about this, they would know someone was on there trail.
Dryden was relived, a change of topic. Yes, I went out earlier and heard all about it. I f you can read there is an overview on the table over there. Also I stole this sword from the museum, its very shiny." He heard a door creak open, and saw Aurum enter. He still could not shake the feeling that Questionable would bring this up later. He then also realized they had the scrap of cloth with the fish on it. The overview he bought said 2 items were missing, a sword and a cloth, and now people will have heard about the cloth, in detailed description. he felt his stomach sink deep. If whoever this new group of people (cult? crime organization?) heard about this, they would know someone was on there trail.
4Co921H.png
Aurum walked into the room with a loud yawn, rubbing his eyes before putting on his glasses to see that both Questionable and Dryden were awake, sitting next to a book he quickly recognized as his own. "Is that..my book?" He asked in a curious yet slightly cold voice. Though he had tried his best to forget about the events of the previous day;he preffered to just forget the crime he had commited as the guilt that had finally began to settle in was too painful for his brain, he was still upset that they had left Lilith. Though he still didn't want to kill anyone, he had come to realize in the last few days that he wouldn't be able to stick to that without dying himself. Lilith has and would continue to hurt people if something wasn't done about it. So the fact that they had allowed her to get away without even giving him the chance to kill her himself made him quite annoyed at the two people sitting in front of him. Aurum walked over, picking up the book and opening it up to reveal its pages. "Where did you find this?"
Aurum walked into the room with a loud yawn, rubbing his eyes before putting on his glasses to see that both Questionable and Dryden were awake, sitting next to a book he quickly recognized as his own. "Is that..my book?" He asked in a curious yet slightly cold voice. Though he had tried his best to forget about the events of the previous day;he preffered to just forget the crime he had commited as the guilt that had finally began to settle in was too painful for his brain, he was still upset that they had left Lilith. Though he still didn't want to kill anyone, he had come to realize in the last few days that he wouldn't be able to stick to that without dying himself. Lilith has and would continue to hurt people if something wasn't done about it. So the fact that they had allowed her to get away without even giving him the chance to kill her himself made him quite annoyed at the two people sitting in front of him. Aurum walked over, picking up the book and opening it up to reveal its pages. "Where did you find this?"
"Huh," Questionable said, genuinely surprised, "Didn't Dryden say his last guest had left it there? That doesn't make any sense, unless you two know each other somehow.." Questionable trailed off, worried about the implications. Perhaps the two did know each other, and something was going on in between them that Questionable didn't know about. "So Dryden, where did you actually get that book? Did you steal it from Aurum or something?" That probably wasn't what actually happened, but Questionable was too dazed to think of any more likely probabilities. Questionable turned towards Aurum, watching him read the small, inconspicuous looking book. "So, Aurum, what exactly is that book? I flipped through it a bit and it looked like a history of the city, but you are both making a big fuss about it, so I'm not entirely sure that that's the case. Is something hidden in it?"

(I'm thinking Tuna should post next then Ferret then me so we can fix the order. For the future, I'd like it if we don't go out of order, as it does tend to mess things up.)
"Huh," Questionable said, genuinely surprised, "Didn't Dryden say his last guest had left it there? That doesn't make any sense, unless you two know each other somehow.." Questionable trailed off, worried about the implications. Perhaps the two did know each other, and something was going on in between them that Questionable didn't know about. "So Dryden, where did you actually get that book? Did you steal it from Aurum or something?" That probably wasn't what actually happened, but Questionable was too dazed to think of any more likely probabilities. Questionable turned towards Aurum, watching him read the small, inconspicuous looking book. "So, Aurum, what exactly is that book? I flipped through it a bit and it looked like a history of the city, but you are both making a big fuss about it, so I'm not entirely sure that that's the case. Is something hidden in it?"

(I'm thinking Tuna should post next then Ferret then me so we can fix the order. For the future, I'd like it if we don't go out of order, as it does tend to mess things up.)
52014.png
I U S
he/she | fr +3
"what?" How could this have been Aurums book, he was sure it was well, not Aurums for sure. He snatched the book out of Aurums ands and flipped to the first page, yup, it was Aurums. "Oh, I thought it was... nevermind. He would check the rest of the books later, why was Aurums book in there? Had they been going through that trunk? He would have to check later.
"what?" How could this have been Aurums book, he was sure it was well, not Aurums for sure. He snatched the book out of Aurums ands and flipped to the first page, yup, it was Aurums. "Oh, I thought it was... nevermind. He would check the rest of the books later, why was Aurums book in there? Had they been going through that trunk? He would have to check later.
4Co921H.png
"Nevermind-It doesn't matter now." Aurum said quickly, though he still pulled the book out of Drydens hands and put it in his bag. "Right now we have to deal with the other problem at hand. Whoever kidnapped your friend had definetly had a headstart by now and if we don't hurry it up..Well..-They won't have a very high chance of survival." He stopped again before continueing "Have any of you found anything else related to the symbol?"
"Nevermind-It doesn't matter now." Aurum said quickly, though he still pulled the book out of Drydens hands and put it in his bag. "Right now we have to deal with the other problem at hand. Whoever kidnapped your friend had definetly had a headstart by now and if we don't hurry it up..Well..-They won't have a very high chance of survival." He stopped again before continueing "Have any of you found anything else related to the symbol?"
"Nope, nothing," Questionable replied, feeling a little bit disheartened. First they had taken Dryden's "friend" (Although Questionable had a hard time feeling that Dryden actually had any friends), and then they had taken his brother (Whom Questionable didn't really care about, but still, Devour was Questionable's brother). Then a sudden thought struck Questionable. "Guys, I know this might sound, well, stupid, but the symbol is a fish, so maybe we should start our search near water? I don't know of any big bodies of water within the city, but the River Muck, right outside city limits seems like a good place to start, if you have no qualms about leaving New Oríen." This would likely be both Aurum and Dryden's first time in the wasteland outside the city, and even Questionable hadn't left New Oríen in almost twenty years. Still, no matter what happened beyond the city, it would be nice to finally be in a place where Questionable could stretch his wings freely once more, without being shot out of the sky.

(Once again, I would like to ask Noccy to respond before Ferret so we can get our order back on track, because right now it's a mess.)
"Nope, nothing," Questionable replied, feeling a little bit disheartened. First they had taken Dryden's "friend" (Although Questionable had a hard time feeling that Dryden actually had any friends), and then they had taken his brother (Whom Questionable didn't really care about, but still, Devour was Questionable's brother). Then a sudden thought struck Questionable. "Guys, I know this might sound, well, stupid, but the symbol is a fish, so maybe we should start our search near water? I don't know of any big bodies of water within the city, but the River Muck, right outside city limits seems like a good place to start, if you have no qualms about leaving New Oríen." This would likely be both Aurum and Dryden's first time in the wasteland outside the city, and even Questionable hadn't left New Oríen in almost twenty years. Still, no matter what happened beyond the city, it would be nice to finally be in a place where Questionable could stretch his wings freely once more, without being shot out of the sky.

(Once again, I would like to ask Noccy to respond before Ferret so we can get our order back on track, because right now it's a mess.)
52014.png
I U S
he/she | fr +3
Aurum felt oldd excitement rush back into to him at the idea of leaving the city. It would be dangerous of course, though the idea of being in a place that was both new and in his mind, a safezone- from his father at least, kept him intrigued. And saving Drydens friend was an added bonus. "I think your right, this could be the answer. Seeing as there are no patrols outside the city walls, it wouldn't be a surprise if the organization was meeting outside of the city, and using tunnels or something to get in the city!" His anger quickly left him for the excitment Questionable's idea now brought him. The idea that they had finally found the missing peice of the puzzle filled him with new determination. "Right. The quicker we leave the better so it would be for the best if we left today. The only problem we have is the fact that there are most likely guardds statiooned attop the wall surrounding the city.."

(Alright this should fix the order. Also, please ignore my garbage writing skills. Once we get some action going I should get a bit better. Oh yeah one mmore thing, my keyboard is broken so it took an annoyingly long time just to tyype this out. So until I fix it I may havve weird errors likee thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis that I justt didnn't noticed or forgot to fix. I'm sorry for alllll these inconvinences.)
Aurum felt oldd excitement rush back into to him at the idea of leaving the city. It would be dangerous of course, though the idea of being in a place that was both new and in his mind, a safezone- from his father at least, kept him intrigued. And saving Drydens friend was an added bonus. "I think your right, this could be the answer. Seeing as there are no patrols outside the city walls, it wouldn't be a surprise if the organization was meeting outside of the city, and using tunnels or something to get in the city!" His anger quickly left him for the excitment Questionable's idea now brought him. The idea that they had finally found the missing peice of the puzzle filled him with new determination. "Right. The quicker we leave the better so it would be for the best if we left today. The only problem we have is the fact that there are most likely guardds statiooned attop the wall surrounding the city.."

(Alright this should fix the order. Also, please ignore my garbage writing skills. Once we get some action going I should get a bit better. Oh yeah one mmore thing, my keyboard is broken so it took an annoyingly long time just to tyype this out. So until I fix it I may havve weird errors likee thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis that I justt didnn't noticed or forgot to fix. I'm sorry for alllll these inconvinences.)
Dryden froze. "Out... outside? It very dangerous out there, there are monsters, real monsters, not humans that can turn into one! (Dryden thinks questionable is actually a human, for reference) but... I have no better ideas this time, so to the possibly very deadly outside we go."' also, Silver is not my friend, it... it's complicated." So that's how Dryden was packing up for a venture outside of the city of new Orien, into the ruins of the old city, or maybe even beyond. "Out of all the bad chooses have made in my life, I hop this is not the last one" Dryden muttered to himself as he, Aurum and Questionable ventured out of the Springlodge.
Dryden froze. "Out... outside? It very dangerous out there, there are monsters, real monsters, not humans that can turn into one! (Dryden thinks questionable is actually a human, for reference) but... I have no better ideas this time, so to the possibly very deadly outside we go."' also, Silver is not my friend, it... it's complicated." So that's how Dryden was packing up for a venture outside of the city of new Orien, into the ruins of the old city, or maybe even beyond. "Out of all the bad chooses have made in my life, I hop this is not the last one" Dryden muttered to himself as he, Aurum and Questionable ventured out of the Springlodge.
4Co921H.png
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17