Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [Private] Beyond and Below
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17
Questionable let go a little bit, sensing the truth in the kid's words. "I'm really not from around here..." he began, but he stopped midsentence when he noticed the kid's eyes. Piercing yellow met piercing yellow as the two stared into each other's eyes, and with that, Questionable suddenly got off the kid, only grab his hand and run off with him trailing behind.
Questionable let go a little bit, sensing the truth in the kid's words. "I'm really not from around here..." he began, but he stopped midsentence when he noticed the kid's eyes. Piercing yellow met piercing yellow as the two stared into each other's eyes, and with that, Questionable suddenly got off the kid, only grab his hand and run off with him trailing behind.
52014.png
I U S
he/she | fr +3
Aurum let out a few quiet gasps, allowing himself to take in the air around him until he looked up into the strangers eyes. Yellow, Just as his own. He, froze, his mind already buzzing with thoughts. He then opened his mouth as if to remark on this odd fact. Though the stranger was faster, quickly grabbing his wrist and pulling him through the alleyway.

"Gah! What are you doing now?! I thought you were new here? Do you even know where we're going right now?!"

He yelled, quickly adjusting his hood as they ran in case they were headed towards a main street. Aurum looked around as they ran, though he found himself stumbling after the stranger at a pace that made his surroundings look like odd blurs.
Aurum let out a few quiet gasps, allowing himself to take in the air around him until he looked up into the strangers eyes. Yellow, Just as his own. He, froze, his mind already buzzing with thoughts. He then opened his mouth as if to remark on this odd fact. Though the stranger was faster, quickly grabbing his wrist and pulling him through the alleyway.

"Gah! What are you doing now?! I thought you were new here? Do you even know where we're going right now?!"

He yelled, quickly adjusting his hood as they ran in case they were headed towards a main street. Aurum looked around as they ran, though he found himself stumbling after the stranger at a pace that made his surroundings look like odd blurs.
Questionable pulled the stranger through the alleyways, not stopping for anything. After about five minutes, they reached a small doorway built into the wall. Questionable pulled out a key and opened it, slamming it behind them. The two were standing in a small room, with a only a threadbare rug and a small fireplace for decoration.

"You're not safe here," Questionable said, looking around nervously, "You think I don't know who you are? You're that crime lord's son. Anybody could tell that just from looking at your face. Your family's looking for you kid, it's probably a good idea to lay low, but no. You just wander around the city like it's nothing."
Questionable pulled the stranger through the alleyways, not stopping for anything. After about five minutes, they reached a small doorway built into the wall. Questionable pulled out a key and opened it, slamming it behind them. The two were standing in a small room, with a only a threadbare rug and a small fireplace for decoration.

"You're not safe here," Questionable said, looking around nervously, "You think I don't know who you are? You're that crime lord's son. Anybody could tell that just from looking at your face. Your family's looking for you kid, it's probably a good idea to lay low, but no. You just wander around the city like it's nothing."
52014.png
I U S
he/she | fr +3
"-Wow I'm really that famous?"
He would say to himself, not even realizing he had said it aloud before quickly turning towards the stranger at their next remark.

"I'm not wandering around the city either. I'm not stupid. Well- not that stupid. That's besides the point. I've been in hiding for the last month or so, but I got curious when I heard you crash landing into the city. Anyone would be by the ruckus you caused. What were you even doing? I saw cracks in the concrete where you fell. How could you fall from such a height and live?"

He would continue to ask questions, excited to talk with someone for the first time in weeks, even if he knew he sounded quite weird. Though he tried to keep a straight face, though it still just barely smothered his childish excitement from the stranger.
"-Wow I'm really that famous?"
He would say to himself, not even realizing he had said it aloud before quickly turning towards the stranger at their next remark.

"I'm not wandering around the city either. I'm not stupid. Well- not that stupid. That's besides the point. I've been in hiding for the last month or so, but I got curious when I heard you crash landing into the city. Anyone would be by the ruckus you caused. What were you even doing? I saw cracks in the concrete where you fell. How could you fall from such a height and live?"

He would continue to ask questions, excited to talk with someone for the first time in weeks, even if he knew he sounded quite weird. Though he tried to keep a straight face, though it still just barely smothered his childish excitement from the stranger.
Questionable turned towards the stranger sensing danger.

"I don't need to tell you who I am," he said, his teeth unintentionally sharpening to points, "And you clearly didn't see what you thought you did. No one could fall that far and live. No one."
Questionable turned towards the stranger sensing danger.

"I don't need to tell you who I am," he said, his teeth unintentionally sharpening to points, "And you clearly didn't see what you thought you did. No one could fall that far and live. No one."
52014.png
I U S
he/she | fr +3
"Sure.."
he would say slowly, eyeing the strangers teeth with slight suspiction. He knew what he saw, and the strangers odd remark only added to his certainty. Though he still know it would be better to change the subject rather than bug them about it.

"Anyways, how do you know about me? If your not from here you have to be from one of the upper cities. I thought the rich didn't care about lower city shinnanigans."

He would ask curiously, though he would still eye their teeth every few seconds with a wary expression upon his face
"Sure.."
he would say slowly, eyeing the strangers teeth with slight suspiction. He knew what he saw, and the strangers odd remark only added to his certainty. Though he still know it would be better to change the subject rather than bug them about it.

"Anyways, how do you know about me? If your not from here you have to be from one of the upper cities. I thought the rich didn't care about lower city shinnanigans."

He would ask curiously, though he would still eye their teeth every few seconds with a wary expression upon his face
Questionable turned around for a moment, trying to get his body back under control. He took a few deep breaths and turned around again, somewhat annoyed.

"Listen. For starters, I'm not really from any district, and I know about you because let's just say I've met your parents before. Only once, but I've met them nonetheless. So stop asking questions and get with the program, okay kid?"

(I'm going to bed now, ttyl.)
Questionable turned around for a moment, trying to get his body back under control. He took a few deep breaths and turned around again, somewhat annoyed.

"Listen. For starters, I'm not really from any district, and I know about you because let's just say I've met your parents before. Only once, but I've met them nonetheless. So stop asking questions and get with the program, okay kid?"

(I'm going to bed now, ttyl.)
52014.png
I U S
he/she | fr +3
Aurum gave them another wary stare, all his previous friendliness towards the stranger draining away, being replaced by suspiction. Those who have met his father can't be trusted. He'd learned that the hard way when he tried going to and old friend for protection when he had first gone on the run. He couldn't be so quick to trust and this stranger proved it. Why were they trying to help him? No human could resist money in the end. Everyone in the city had turned on him once money was involved and this stranger couldn't be any different.
He glanced towards the exit calculating possible escape routes. Even if they weren't planning on turning him in, Aurum knew that it was safer to escape while he still could, just in case. He then turned to look down at his cloak. The stranger could easily overpower him as shown when they had nearly crushed him earlier, but if he was fast enough, he could quickly pull out his dagger. Maybe even kill them before they had time to move-no. He shuddered invoulentarily. He would not kill anyone. Not after killing that man. That innocent man, the blood-it was too much. He could take it out as a safety procaution-yes a safety procaution. But he wouldn't actually use it...right?
Aurum shuddered again, shaking his head slightly as if trying to shake away his thoughts

"I have a name you know. It's Aurum. Use it. And though you may know my father I doubt you knew my mother. She died when I was 3. Barely remember her myself. And if your new here you could never of met her.
He said in an oddly cold voice, slowly inching towards to exit as they spoke.

(Alr. I probably won't be able to check FR until around 12-14 FR time tomorrow, though it may end up being even later than that. We'll see. Alr I'm tired so I'm heading to bed as well. ttyl.)
Aurum gave them another wary stare, all his previous friendliness towards the stranger draining away, being replaced by suspiction. Those who have met his father can't be trusted. He'd learned that the hard way when he tried going to and old friend for protection when he had first gone on the run. He couldn't be so quick to trust and this stranger proved it. Why were they trying to help him? No human could resist money in the end. Everyone in the city had turned on him once money was involved and this stranger couldn't be any different.
He glanced towards the exit calculating possible escape routes. Even if they weren't planning on turning him in, Aurum knew that it was safer to escape while he still could, just in case. He then turned to look down at his cloak. The stranger could easily overpower him as shown when they had nearly crushed him earlier, but if he was fast enough, he could quickly pull out his dagger. Maybe even kill them before they had time to move-no. He shuddered invoulentarily. He would not kill anyone. Not after killing that man. That innocent man, the blood-it was too much. He could take it out as a safety procaution-yes a safety procaution. But he wouldn't actually use it...right?
Aurum shuddered again, shaking his head slightly as if trying to shake away his thoughts

"I have a name you know. It's Aurum. Use it. And though you may know my father I doubt you knew my mother. She died when I was 3. Barely remember her myself. And if your new here you could never of met her.
He said in an oddly cold voice, slowly inching towards to exit as they spoke.

(Alr. I probably won't be able to check FR until around 12-14 FR time tomorrow, though it may end up being even later than that. We'll see. Alr I'm tired so I'm heading to bed as well. ttyl.)
@Ferret333

Welcome! I recommend swapping to the OOC thread here
We also way end up just deleting all this now that you've joined, or we can start from here. Your decision.

Edit: Deleting this in a bit to make more room on the thread. Hopefully you've seen this by now? Probably. I'll wait just in case
@Ferret333

Welcome! I recommend swapping to the OOC thread here
We also way end up just deleting all this now that you've joined, or we can start from here. Your decision.

Edit: Deleting this in a bit to make more room on the thread. Hopefully you've seen this by now? Probably. I'll wait just in case
Questionable looked at Aurum, trying to determine if he should just kill him there. After an intense moment of eye contact, he calmed down. Aurum couldn't possibly be a threat now, and even if he turned out to be one, he could always kill him later. Instead, he grabbed Aurum's wrist and pulled the dagger out of his hand with much more force than seemed possible.

"Trust me. When I say parents, I mean both of your parents. I'll never forget their eyes, just like mine, only cold and hard. Also, you didn't see anything. And, I wouldn't advise leaving. Someone else probably heard me fall. I'd stay here for awhile. It's safe, at least if you don't decide to double cross me. I'll be back soon, but I swear, if you step one foot outside this room..." Questionable trailed off, not knowing what he would do if Aurum did step outside the room. As he pondered this question, he stepped outside the small room and into the alleyway. Taking a running start, wings unfurled from his back and he lept into the air.
Questionable looked at Aurum, trying to determine if he should just kill him there. After an intense moment of eye contact, he calmed down. Aurum couldn't possibly be a threat now, and even if he turned out to be one, he could always kill him later. Instead, he grabbed Aurum's wrist and pulled the dagger out of his hand with much more force than seemed possible.

"Trust me. When I say parents, I mean both of your parents. I'll never forget their eyes, just like mine, only cold and hard. Also, you didn't see anything. And, I wouldn't advise leaving. Someone else probably heard me fall. I'd stay here for awhile. It's safe, at least if you don't decide to double cross me. I'll be back soon, but I swear, if you step one foot outside this room..." Questionable trailed off, not knowing what he would do if Aurum did step outside the room. As he pondered this question, he stepped outside the small room and into the alleyway. Taking a running start, wings unfurled from his back and he lept into the air.
52014.png
I U S
he/she | fr +3
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17