Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Dragon Trials | IC
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Lupe || Hrafna (@/Eskria)

The soft laugh had been a tad infectious with Lupe smiling a bit brighter than his more generally friendly look, nodding along with her elaboration. For sure the people from his town would be curious about a traveler showing up to try and help their problems. Could have been because of said natural curiosity, or the fact that half the time he was already running around doing absurd things as-called-upon (or not) for them anyways.

He shrugged when Hrafna refused the eye drops, finally unclasping his bag to swing it over an arm. The bottle and extra bandages deposited inside. “Well if you feel like you have muck in your eyes in the future, then we have them at least.” Or for anyone for that matter. An obscure thing for sure, but seemed like having it may just end up saving someone’s bacon.

Especially with the reminder of what exactly they were all headed for. A gathered group. Apparently for what was The Dragon Trials.

Seemed appropriate considering their first contact with supposed ‘magic’. Second maybe if you counted the letter. Assuming either had actually been magic, but he wouldn’t discount anything just yet.

“Neither have I,” He was honest to her as his bag was put back in place. “From what I've seen though, I think you’re right. It doesn’t seem like there’s a common theme. Maybe that’s why though? If we’re so different then the group is more likely to have a more diverse skill set-- at least objectively speaking? The old man mentioned we’re heading for something called The Dragon Trials.” He couldn’t recall if she’d been around to hear that, but hadn’t she been late to the boat? “Maybe it’s something to do with that. Whatever that turns out to be.”

Lupe looked towards their exit, moving away from the cabinet slightly to vaguely gesture that direction with their head. “On another note, anything else we need? Or that you wanted to look for before we skedaddle?”

The soft laugh had been a tad infectious with Lupe smiling a bit brighter than his more generally friendly look, nodding along with her elaboration. For sure the people from his town would be curious about a traveler showing up to try and help their problems. Could have been because of said natural curiosity, or the fact that half the time he was already running around doing absurd things as-called-upon (or not) for them anyways.

He shrugged when Hrafna refused the eye drops, finally unclasping his bag to swing it over an arm. The bottle and extra bandages deposited inside. “Well if you feel like you have muck in your eyes in the future, then we have them at least.” Or for anyone for that matter. An obscure thing for sure, but seemed like having it may just end up saving someone’s bacon.

Especially with the reminder of what exactly they were all headed for. A gathered group. Apparently for what was The Dragon Trials.

Seemed appropriate considering their first contact with supposed ‘magic’. Second maybe if you counted the letter. Assuming either had actually been magic, but he wouldn’t discount anything just yet.

“Neither have I,” He was honest to her as his bag was put back in place. “From what I've seen though, I think you’re right. It doesn’t seem like there’s a common theme. Maybe that’s why though? If we’re so different then the group is more likely to have a more diverse skill set-- at least objectively speaking? The old man mentioned we’re heading for something called The Dragon Trials.” He couldn’t recall if she’d been around to hear that, but hadn’t she been late to the boat? “Maybe it’s something to do with that. Whatever that turns out to be.”

Lupe looked towards their exit, moving away from the cabinet slightly to vaguely gesture that direction with their head. “On another note, anything else we need? Or that you wanted to look for before we skedaddle?”
sgriffin-3398-58_8_13_6_3_10.png
Harfna (@/SuddenShimmer)

Harfna scrunched her face in thought when Lupe mentioned he had no clue as to the true reason they were all gathered up. What did the Dragon Trials even mean? Maybe this was just some lonely guy's way of getting them to play Dungeons and Dragons with him... no, that's stupid.

"We should bring this up with everyone else. Perhaps gather everyone at some point. Maybe when we eat our next meal?" Hrafna furrowed her brow. "When will we be getting our next meal... hm, it's a good thing I prepared some snacks." She muttered before continuing on.

"No, I think we'll be fine. Time to skedaddle skedoodle, yes? Besides, we shouldn't linger in a place like this for long. Say, did you ever find that blanket you were looking for? If not, I could always just lend you a coat to drape over yourself overnight. I always bring spare items with me if need be."
Harfna (@/SuddenShimmer)

Harfna scrunched her face in thought when Lupe mentioned he had no clue as to the true reason they were all gathered up. What did the Dragon Trials even mean? Maybe this was just some lonely guy's way of getting them to play Dungeons and Dragons with him... no, that's stupid.

"We should bring this up with everyone else. Perhaps gather everyone at some point. Maybe when we eat our next meal?" Hrafna furrowed her brow. "When will we be getting our next meal... hm, it's a good thing I prepared some snacks." She muttered before continuing on.

"No, I think we'll be fine. Time to skedaddle skedoodle, yes? Besides, we shouldn't linger in a place like this for long. Say, did you ever find that blanket you were looking for? If not, I could always just lend you a coat to drape over yourself overnight. I always bring spare items with me if need be."
3B15OeM.pngq9EEy5M.pngz9OsVtc.png
"Hmm," Matt hummed, tilting his head as a lopsided grin grew on his face. "Sure, why not? I think I'll have to stick with the show, though. I can't imagine being able to sit still long enough to finish a book." He actually hadn't read an actual book in...years, now, he guessed. He used to really love it but as his life changed he didn't find it all that appealing anymore. He could be making money or drinking or sleeping. Not the healthiest, but he did what he could with the hand life dealt him.

"Wouldn't that be a way to go?" Matt murmured now, more to himself than anything as he followed Lorelai's gaze and landed on Fritz. "Guess that's better than dyin' at the hands of someone you stole money from." No, he didn't really feel like elaborating on that front. Maybe because it had happened too many times to count, hence why he had to keep moving from place to place.

Ringleaders were persistent, he could say that much about them. They were like gnats that were heavily armed and just...p*ssed at the world.

He gave Fritz an expectant look before turning his head to the side to watch the others move around, ignoring the foreign feeling of the waves rocking the boat. Yeah...he had also never been on a boat before. So this was...weird, to say the least.
"Hmm," Matt hummed, tilting his head as a lopsided grin grew on his face. "Sure, why not? I think I'll have to stick with the show, though. I can't imagine being able to sit still long enough to finish a book." He actually hadn't read an actual book in...years, now, he guessed. He used to really love it but as his life changed he didn't find it all that appealing anymore. He could be making money or drinking or sleeping. Not the healthiest, but he did what he could with the hand life dealt him.

"Wouldn't that be a way to go?" Matt murmured now, more to himself than anything as he followed Lorelai's gaze and landed on Fritz. "Guess that's better than dyin' at the hands of someone you stole money from." No, he didn't really feel like elaborating on that front. Maybe because it had happened too many times to count, hence why he had to keep moving from place to place.

Ringleaders were persistent, he could say that much about them. They were like gnats that were heavily armed and just...p*ssed at the world.

He gave Fritz an expectant look before turning his head to the side to watch the others move around, ignoring the foreign feeling of the waves rocking the boat. Yeah...he had also never been on a boat before. So this was...weird, to say the least.
tumblr-66bae5dcc051242ddee184e33cc68d47-9a6e08ce-500.gif _
Xeno
_____
He/Him
_____
FR +2
__
Lorelai smiled at Fritz before her silver eyes turned back to Matt, "I'm sure you'll love the show. And if you do, I can always lend you the books... Or I could lend you other books..." Lorelai's expression grew dreamy for a moment. Her guest room had been converted into a library, of course, it still had a bed, but it was lined with shelves packed with her favorite books. And her room, too, had hundreds of books along the walls.

She brought herself back to the rainy present and once more shot a smile Matt's way. For an introverted girl that hated to talk and show emotion most of the time, she sure had a pretty smile.

Lorelai tucked a strand of raven black hair out of her face and behind her ear. Her nails were painted a dark maroon color, and here her natural, shorter nail. They weren't quite that short, though. But they weren't long either.

"I think the man knows what 'e's doing," Lorelai said. "The way he stands – He's an experienced sailor. And his hip is misaligned, probably from years sailing in bad waters. That's why he walks with a limp," she explained.
Lorelai smiled at Fritz before her silver eyes turned back to Matt, "I'm sure you'll love the show. And if you do, I can always lend you the books... Or I could lend you other books..." Lorelai's expression grew dreamy for a moment. Her guest room had been converted into a library, of course, it still had a bed, but it was lined with shelves packed with her favorite books. And her room, too, had hundreds of books along the walls.

She brought herself back to the rainy present and once more shot a smile Matt's way. For an introverted girl that hated to talk and show emotion most of the time, she sure had a pretty smile.

Lorelai tucked a strand of raven black hair out of her face and behind her ear. Her nails were painted a dark maroon color, and here her natural, shorter nail. They weren't quite that short, though. But they weren't long either.

"I think the man knows what 'e's doing," Lorelai said. "The way he stands – He's an experienced sailor. And his hip is misaligned, probably from years sailing in bad waters. That's why he walks with a limp," she explained.
5rECff0.png

FluffyPillows
Writer
Ask Me To Roleplay! ff

Profile Dragon

Stifling their amusement at the quiet self-mention about snacks, Lupe again nodded along with the given idea once again. Assuming of course said plan had a time to be enacted, seeing as how currently everything remained unpredictable. Along with when they’d get to eat next, unless they went ahead and jumped to it upon returning to the others?

Regardless, they weren’t going to jinx anything by voicing said thoughts.

This time a bent finger came up to his mouth, failing to completely cover the light hearted joy at the playing along. The mention of his previous goal had him shifting back to a more neutral façade, a short head shake following. “I’m alright. I was mainly looking for the others.” In the long run maybe it had just been an excuse to busy himself with something, though this little adventure had come out much more worth-while. “Thank you for offering though,” words that were a tad quieter, not letting any hint of inquisition seep through despite the questions that bit at the back of their mind. For the time being it would go ignored, Hrafna having been nothing but nice and him being determined not to step on that.

Lupe moved past her and approached the door, clicking it open and peeking out cautiously to make sure no one was coming. Clear in every direction, he made a little ‘come on’ motion to his companion and slipped out of the room. He went in the direction back towards the rest of their little group, but only once sure Hrafna was tagging along.

Stifling their amusement at the quiet self-mention about snacks, Lupe again nodded along with the given idea once again. Assuming of course said plan had a time to be enacted, seeing as how currently everything remained unpredictable. Along with when they’d get to eat next, unless they went ahead and jumped to it upon returning to the others?

Regardless, they weren’t going to jinx anything by voicing said thoughts.

This time a bent finger came up to his mouth, failing to completely cover the light hearted joy at the playing along. The mention of his previous goal had him shifting back to a more neutral façade, a short head shake following. “I’m alright. I was mainly looking for the others.” In the long run maybe it had just been an excuse to busy himself with something, though this little adventure had come out much more worth-while. “Thank you for offering though,” words that were a tad quieter, not letting any hint of inquisition seep through despite the questions that bit at the back of their mind. For the time being it would go ignored, Hrafna having been nothing but nice and him being determined not to step on that.

Lupe moved past her and approached the door, clicking it open and peeking out cautiously to make sure no one was coming. Clear in every direction, he made a little ‘come on’ motion to his companion and slipped out of the room. He went in the direction back towards the rest of their little group, but only once sure Hrafna was tagging along.
sgriffin-3398-58_8_13_6_3_10.png
Hrafna (@/SuddenShimmer)

Hrafna followed closely behind Lupe, letting him lead the way. "Of course, it is good to see that someone else in our group is looking out for others. Speaking of, if anyone mentions allergies or any sort of distaste towards foods, drinks, or medicines, let me know. I'll be sure to write it down, I wouldn't want to make anyone uncomfortable whilst we're already in a tense predicament."

Internally mapping the area as they walked, Hrafna was surprised to find that this place was smaller than she originally thought it would be. At least, from what she could tell after walking around. Perhaps there were hidden areas.
Hrafna (@/SuddenShimmer)

Hrafna followed closely behind Lupe, letting him lead the way. "Of course, it is good to see that someone else in our group is looking out for others. Speaking of, if anyone mentions allergies or any sort of distaste towards foods, drinks, or medicines, let me know. I'll be sure to write it down, I wouldn't want to make anyone uncomfortable whilst we're already in a tense predicament."

Internally mapping the area as they walked, Hrafna was surprised to find that this place was smaller than she originally thought it would be. At least, from what she could tell after walking around. Perhaps there were hidden areas.
3B15OeM.pngq9EEy5M.pngz9OsVtc.png
@Nmrdragon

While Ruben waited for Phade to deal out the cards the young man turned to Sammy and waved her over.
Then he pulled his backpack onto his lap and unzipped it. It took him a bit but he managed to find the medicine he was looking for. He had taken the medicine out of habit rather than need. He sure was glad he took it now seeing as Sammy was having some trouble.
@Nmrdragon

While Ruben waited for Phade to deal out the cards the young man turned to Sammy and waved her over.
Then he pulled his backpack onto his lap and unzipped it. It took him a bit but he managed to find the medicine he was looking for. He had taken the medicine out of habit rather than need. He sure was glad he took it now seeing as Sammy was having some trouble.
uDNAbBS.png
"Oh my god, your a life-"Sammy tried to finished her sentence but tossed her cookies. She groaned, rolling sideways over to Ruben. "I can get really motion sick, thanks" Sammy took the medicine tablet and rolled to her backpack, fishing out a water bottle and rolling to Ruben, putting the tablet under her tounge and swallowing water with it.
"Oh my god, your a life-"Sammy tried to finished her sentence but tossed her cookies. She groaned, rolling sideways over to Ruben. "I can get really motion sick, thanks" Sammy took the medicine tablet and rolled to her backpack, fishing out a water bottle and rolling to Ruben, putting the tablet under her tounge and swallowing water with it.
NzIvRCm.gif NzIvRCm.gif iWG9EFl.gifNzIvRCm.gif NzIvRCm.gif
Lupa sat up with a groan. Her head hurt. She must have angled the jump wrong and smashed her head on the dock. She realized that the ground was gently rocking underneath her. She muttered a curse under her breath. It seemed, that in between the time she'd lost consciousness, and the present time, she'd ended up on a boat somehow.

Coming back to herself completely, Lupa could now make out the noise as voices. Immediately, her hand jumped to her face. She sighed in relief when she found that her mask was still intact. Patting herself down, she was relieved to discover that she still had her dagger, even though her bag had been left behind. She slowly opened her eyes. She had avoided doing so, because she knew what would happen. Immediately, her head exploded with pain, and she felt dizzy. She pressed her hands to the sides of her head with a pained groan.
Lupa sat up with a groan. Her head hurt. She must have angled the jump wrong and smashed her head on the dock. She realized that the ground was gently rocking underneath her. She muttered a curse under her breath. It seemed, that in between the time she'd lost consciousness, and the present time, she'd ended up on a boat somehow.

Coming back to herself completely, Lupa could now make out the noise as voices. Immediately, her hand jumped to her face. She sighed in relief when she found that her mask was still intact. Patting herself down, she was relieved to discover that she still had her dagger, even though her bag had been left behind. She slowly opened her eyes. She had avoided doing so, because she knew what would happen. Immediately, her head exploded with pain, and she felt dizzy. She pressed her hands to the sides of her head with a pained groan.
y1ib5Xu.pngH2R3hOD.pngSDESNQe.pngl7zLBky.pngxppmNpa.png
@Nmrdragon

Ruben smiled shyly. The young man was just happy to help. He was just lucky that he had taken the medicine in the first place. He very nearly left it back home. Ruben perked up when Sammy rolled a bottle of water toward him. The polite young lad thanked Sammy quietly and picked up the water bottle.

He opened it and took a swig out of it. He was getting kinda thirsty and his own canteen was running out of water.
@Nmrdragon

Ruben smiled shyly. The young man was just happy to help. He was just lucky that he had taken the medicine in the first place. He very nearly left it back home. Ruben perked up when Sammy rolled a bottle of water toward him. The polite young lad thanked Sammy quietly and picked up the water bottle.

He opened it and took a swig out of it. He was getting kinda thirsty and his own canteen was running out of water.
uDNAbBS.png
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22