Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Dragon Trials | IC
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 21 22
Lorelai looked at Matt, a sparkle in her silver eyes, "Excuse me," she said with a playful smile, "But I did just earn the title of Black Widow when I saved everyone's a**es, thank you very much."

The sparkle turned into a mischievous gleam, "And I could bet money that you'd be the first one to be eaten. Reptile, giant lizard, dragon, or even a bear. You'd definitely be the first to go."

Lorelai was only teasing him. There was something about Matt... Maybe it was the way he acted, or how he spoke, that made her feel like she could just... talk to him.
Lorelai looked at Matt, a sparkle in her silver eyes, "Excuse me," she said with a playful smile, "But I did just earn the title of Black Widow when I saved everyone's a**es, thank you very much."

The sparkle turned into a mischievous gleam, "And I could bet money that you'd be the first one to be eaten. Reptile, giant lizard, dragon, or even a bear. You'd definitely be the first to go."

Lorelai was only teasing him. There was something about Matt... Maybe it was the way he acted, or how he spoke, that made her feel like she could just... talk to him.
5rECff0.png

FluffyPillows
Writer
Ask Me To Roleplay! ff

Profile Dragon
Phade (my day SUCKED our freaking car broke down and we were an hour from home my grandparents had to pick us up and it was so late scary)

Phade found a room that wasn't occupied and peered inside cautiously before entering. She was tired admittedly and wanted to rest but was to scared to fall asleep on a ship. Phade pulled her clothes out and quickly changed drying her white hair and pulling it into a pony tail. Phade sat down a moment and pulled her phone out of her bag and stared at it a while contemplating powering it on. She had no doubt her parents were worried and that she would have 50 messages. She also knew that if she wasn't home by tomorrow her parents would panic and literally throw thousands of dollars at people to find her. She powered it on and stared at the messages on her phone and the zero cell service. She put it away.

Phade walked up the stairs and sat down next to Ruben. She tried to hide the tiredness from her eyes but ended up yawning. "Why a boat?" She murmured before leaning on an elbow staring out at the water as the miles flew by. She hoped this wasn't a joke. She really hoped this wasn't a joke.

Bored Phade pulled a deck of cards out and began shuffling the deck before looking to Ruben. "Wanna play cards?" She asked. She didn't know how to play very many games but she knew the basic games. Who knows maybe someone would teach her how to play poker, she thought sarcastically. D@mn she was tired.
Phade (my day SUCKED our freaking car broke down and we were an hour from home my grandparents had to pick us up and it was so late scary)

Phade found a room that wasn't occupied and peered inside cautiously before entering. She was tired admittedly and wanted to rest but was to scared to fall asleep on a ship. Phade pulled her clothes out and quickly changed drying her white hair and pulling it into a pony tail. Phade sat down a moment and pulled her phone out of her bag and stared at it a while contemplating powering it on. She had no doubt her parents were worried and that she would have 50 messages. She also knew that if she wasn't home by tomorrow her parents would panic and literally throw thousands of dollars at people to find her. She powered it on and stared at the messages on her phone and the zero cell service. She put it away.

Phade walked up the stairs and sat down next to Ruben. She tried to hide the tiredness from her eyes but ended up yawning. "Why a boat?" She murmured before leaning on an elbow staring out at the water as the miles flew by. She hoped this wasn't a joke. She really hoped this wasn't a joke.

Bored Phade pulled a deck of cards out and began shuffling the deck before looking to Ruben. "Wanna play cards?" She asked. She didn't know how to play very many games but she knew the basic games. Who knows maybe someone would teach her how to play poker, she thought sarcastically. D@mn she was tired.
76423401.png 67682904.png 66967264.png
74428082_350.png
Lupe || Hrafna (@/Eskira)

Upon being asked to lead the way, Lupe once again offered a little nod as an answer and trotted ahead of her to fill out the request. Truthfully he didn’t have a for certain answer as to which way the captain quarters was, nor any sort of knowledge of how boats were laid out. Given where the others were sitting and cabins were situated though, it wasn’t too difficult for him to find where the duo should be going.

Just as they reached the door of their intended destination, or so he suspected, considering there were no others around he paused just before touching it. He looked at Hrafna, having rolled her words around in his head, “I mean, we could always ask the Captain himself.” Assuming they could even find the man, wherever he’d run off too after informing the group about the cabins. Assuming that he wanted to help them any amount beyond ‘keep them alive’. “If it would make you more comfortable,” he tacked on, not entirely sure how trusting of a person she was by nature. Despite the proposition, he tested to see if the door was locked and didn’t know whether to be relieved or more wary when it wasn’t.

Paranoid much?

A hand loosely rested on the hilt of his knife, giving the door a gentle push that had it opening just a sliver more. Lupe looked to Hrafna for confirmation that she was still on board with this plan (to which he’d slip into the room in front of her), or if she wanted to take the potential risk with the old man himself.

Upon being asked to lead the way, Lupe once again offered a little nod as an answer and trotted ahead of her to fill out the request. Truthfully he didn’t have a for certain answer as to which way the captain quarters was, nor any sort of knowledge of how boats were laid out. Given where the others were sitting and cabins were situated though, it wasn’t too difficult for him to find where the duo should be going.

Just as they reached the door of their intended destination, or so he suspected, considering there were no others around he paused just before touching it. He looked at Hrafna, having rolled her words around in his head, “I mean, we could always ask the Captain himself.” Assuming they could even find the man, wherever he’d run off too after informing the group about the cabins. Assuming that he wanted to help them any amount beyond ‘keep them alive’. “If it would make you more comfortable,” he tacked on, not entirely sure how trusting of a person she was by nature. Despite the proposition, he tested to see if the door was locked and didn’t know whether to be relieved or more wary when it wasn’t.

Paranoid much?

A hand loosely rested on the hilt of his knife, giving the door a gentle push that had it opening just a sliver more. Lupe looked to Hrafna for confirmation that she was still on board with this plan (to which he’d slip into the room in front of her), or if she wanted to take the potential risk with the old man himself.
sgriffin-3398-58_8_13_6_3_10.png
"That is true, that is true," Matt nodded, a thoughtful look on his face before he smirked. "But I also tackled the guy to the ground as well, so that has to amount to something."

He opened his mouth to spit out a few dinosaur facts before his voice was overtaken by a dramatic gasp. "Hey! I take great offense to that!" He flung his hands around in a flourish, feigning dramatics to get his point across. He was always good at humor, or he at least thought he was. "I'd like to think that being mauled by a giant lizard would be so cool, anyways." He crossed his arms with a haughty huff. "If you didn't bet money on it I would willingly throw myself at any animal near because they have no right being that cool."

After all, he was never one to lose a bet.

"I've survived worse, anyways," he waved off with a smile. "I doubt a giant lizard or a bear could kill me. I'll probably die to something stupid like pneumonia or something." He was never one to get too sick, though, so that thought didn't bother him too much.
"That is true, that is true," Matt nodded, a thoughtful look on his face before he smirked. "But I also tackled the guy to the ground as well, so that has to amount to something."

He opened his mouth to spit out a few dinosaur facts before his voice was overtaken by a dramatic gasp. "Hey! I take great offense to that!" He flung his hands around in a flourish, feigning dramatics to get his point across. He was always good at humor, or he at least thought he was. "I'd like to think that being mauled by a giant lizard would be so cool, anyways." He crossed his arms with a haughty huff. "If you didn't bet money on it I would willingly throw myself at any animal near because they have no right being that cool."

After all, he was never one to lose a bet.

"I've survived worse, anyways," he waved off with a smile. "I doubt a giant lizard or a bear could kill me. I'll probably die to something stupid like pneumonia or something." He was never one to get too sick, though, so that thought didn't bother him too much.
tumblr-66bae5dcc051242ddee184e33cc68d47-9a6e08ce-500.gif _
Xeno
_____
He/Him
_____
FR +2
__
Lorelai laughed her soft, sweet laugh. Matt was quite the comedian, thought Lorelai.

She looked over at him again, "And getting killed by a flying lizard would not be cool. Haven't you watched Game of Thrones?" She fixed him with a playful, fake stern look.

"And I wouldn't bet money on it because no one would bet against me." Said Lorelai, "But please don't take that as a green light to throw yourself at a dragon."

She looked back out at the foggy water. "I reckon it's aught to rain again..."
Lorelai laughed her soft, sweet laugh. Matt was quite the comedian, thought Lorelai.

She looked over at him again, "And getting killed by a flying lizard would not be cool. Haven't you watched Game of Thrones?" She fixed him with a playful, fake stern look.

"And I wouldn't bet money on it because no one would bet against me." Said Lorelai, "But please don't take that as a green light to throw yourself at a dragon."

She looked back out at the foggy water. "I reckon it's aught to rain again..."
5rECff0.png

FluffyPillows
Writer
Ask Me To Roleplay! ff

Profile Dragon
@GhostWolf522

Ruben had not noticed when Phade got up and walked below deck. The young university student was currently preoccupied with his own thoughts. His own parents thought that he was currently arriving at his school. He was expected to call them when he reached his destination safely. If he didn't well, his parents would be frantic.

All he asked for was for him to be able to contact his mothers to let them know he was alright. He was snapped out of his thoughts when Phade came back and offered him a game of cards. Ruben didn't often play cards but he never turned down a game. The young man smiled and nodded. "sure" the young man said.
@GhostWolf522

Ruben had not noticed when Phade got up and walked below deck. The young university student was currently preoccupied with his own thoughts. His own parents thought that he was currently arriving at his school. He was expected to call them when he reached his destination safely. If he didn't well, his parents would be frantic.

All he asked for was for him to be able to contact his mothers to let them know he was alright. He was snapped out of his thoughts when Phade came back and offered him a game of cards. Ruben didn't often play cards but he never turned down a game. The young man smiled and nodded. "sure" the young man said.
uDNAbBS.png
Hrafna (@/SuddenShimmer)

"We're already here, so we might as well. I can take the blame if the Captain comes wondering in, it is no big deal." Hrafna began her search, not wanting to waste any time. "Leave the blankets and medication that look like they are used by him very often, we will only take what he doesn't need."

'Bingo' Hrafna thought victoriously as she opened up one of the cabinets to find a few various painkillers, bloodthinners, and more. "Say, where are you from anyway? I figure our little group should at least get to know each other, as I have a feeling that we are going to be together for a long while. Best not to travel as strangers, yes?"
Hrafna (@/SuddenShimmer)

"We're already here, so we might as well. I can take the blame if the Captain comes wondering in, it is no big deal." Hrafna began her search, not wanting to waste any time. "Leave the blankets and medication that look like they are used by him very often, we will only take what he doesn't need."

'Bingo' Hrafna thought victoriously as she opened up one of the cabinets to find a few various painkillers, bloodthinners, and more. "Say, where are you from anyway? I figure our little group should at least get to know each other, as I have a feeling that we are going to be together for a long while. Best not to travel as strangers, yes?"
3B15OeM.pngq9EEy5M.pngz9OsVtc.png
@Phoenixgirl111
Holly
Screeching to a halt in front of one of the cabins she dropped Dawson’s wrist and opened the door into the dark room.
“Oooh!”
Running inside she leaped onto one of the beds feeling her long red hair sprawl everywhere while giggling.
“I haven’t been on a bed this soft in a while.”
@Phoenixgirl111
Holly
Screeching to a halt in front of one of the cabins she dropped Dawson’s wrist and opened the door into the dark room.
“Oooh!”
Running inside she leaped onto one of the beds feeling her long red hair sprawl everywhere while giggling.
“I haven’t been on a bed this soft in a while.”
LEpJMnn.png zNcyhot.png RDt6LqI.png J7D1quC.png qIT33wL.png

WI7lnRZ.png em6G0U2.png SV9CXSe.pngYMPbu9R.png
"Game of what now?" Matt asked, brows furrowing as he searched his memory for the title but coming back with nothing. "But it so would! How many people can claim that they got killed by a literal dragon?" He laughed. "Well, I don't think anyone can because they would be dead but...whatever."

"Oh! I would so bet against you," he grinned, raising his hands to the back of his head as he leaned back, lounging and trying his best to ignore the expanse of ocean around them. "I'm not one to turn down a bet." Maybe that was his compulsive gambling past talking but he didn't dwell. He might not have too much money but he knew how to use it. Well...kinda.

Turning his gaze up to the sky he heaved a sigh. "Can't the weather clear up just a little? Like, mate, we're on the ocean. Storms in water never go well. At least not in the movies." Albeit, he hadn't seen too many movies, but that sounded like something that would happen. And, to be fair, he was a tiny bit afraid of the ocean. "Do you like rain?"
"Game of what now?" Matt asked, brows furrowing as he searched his memory for the title but coming back with nothing. "But it so would! How many people can claim that they got killed by a literal dragon?" He laughed. "Well, I don't think anyone can because they would be dead but...whatever."

"Oh! I would so bet against you," he grinned, raising his hands to the back of his head as he leaned back, lounging and trying his best to ignore the expanse of ocean around them. "I'm not one to turn down a bet." Maybe that was his compulsive gambling past talking but he didn't dwell. He might not have too much money but he knew how to use it. Well...kinda.

Turning his gaze up to the sky he heaved a sigh. "Can't the weather clear up just a little? Like, mate, we're on the ocean. Storms in water never go well. At least not in the movies." Albeit, he hadn't seen too many movies, but that sounded like something that would happen. And, to be fair, he was a tiny bit afraid of the ocean. "Do you like rain?"
tumblr-66bae5dcc051242ddee184e33cc68d47-9a6e08ce-500.gif _
Xeno
_____
He/Him
_____
FR +2
__

Lupe slipped to the side of the room opposite of Hrafna as the searching began, carefully peeking through the drawers and cabinets. “We’re both here, if it’s a problem then we’re both at fault,” He responded to her offer, “I’m not throwing you to the wolves.”

’Nothing’. Where he’d been poking through was empty of anything they’d been searching for. The question shot his direction made him look back to where she’d been triumphant, fingers drumming against the top of the cabinet door. If there was one thing Hrafna had seemed to be good at so far, it was making true statements that were hard to argue against, yet another nod given at her sentiment when he briefly looked back. Self reflection wise, it probably wasn’t great that a simple answer didn’t immediately come to mind huh? ‘Don’t overthink it’, or maybe ‘stop overthinking it’ was a better thing to tell himself, as he pulled a container forward to pinch one of the many plastic bags it was housing.

“I lived-- live-- in a little town inland. Mostly farms and a main street that’s considered ‘in town’. The kind of place that doesn’t really exist for most people unless you have family there. Or it’s late into the current leg of your cross country drive, you’ve reached the middle of nowhere and are just thankful that you’ve finally found someplace with a hotel.” Mentioning it did make him smile a bit, even if it hadn’t exactly been ‘home’ his entire life.

As he spoke Lupe walked over nearby her, holding out the bag with a slight brow raise and letting her take it if she wanted to. “So…” He picked up a bottle, weighing it against another before putting the lighter back and continuing gently, “What about you? Family? Home? Anything like that?”

Lupe slipped to the side of the room opposite of Hrafna as the searching began, carefully peeking through the drawers and cabinets. “We’re both here, if it’s a problem then we’re both at fault,” He responded to her offer, “I’m not throwing you to the wolves.”

’Nothing’. Where he’d been poking through was empty of anything they’d been searching for. The question shot his direction made him look back to where she’d been triumphant, fingers drumming against the top of the cabinet door. If there was one thing Hrafna had seemed to be good at so far, it was making true statements that were hard to argue against, yet another nod given at her sentiment when he briefly looked back. Self reflection wise, it probably wasn’t great that a simple answer didn’t immediately come to mind huh? ‘Don’t overthink it’, or maybe ‘stop overthinking it’ was a better thing to tell himself, as he pulled a container forward to pinch one of the many plastic bags it was housing.

“I lived-- live-- in a little town inland. Mostly farms and a main street that’s considered ‘in town’. The kind of place that doesn’t really exist for most people unless you have family there. Or it’s late into the current leg of your cross country drive, you’ve reached the middle of nowhere and are just thankful that you’ve finally found someplace with a hotel.” Mentioning it did make him smile a bit, even if it hadn’t exactly been ‘home’ his entire life.

As he spoke Lupe walked over nearby her, holding out the bag with a slight brow raise and letting her take it if she wanted to. “So…” He picked up a bottle, weighing it against another before putting the lighter back and continuing gently, “What about you? Family? Home? Anything like that?”
sgriffin-3398-58_8_13_6_3_10.png
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 21 22