Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Dragon Trials | IC
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Grinning, Matt extended his right leg with a slight wince, the joints tugging uncomfortably to match the horrible weather that had recently plagued them. He leaned forwards and rolled up his pant leg, revealing a huge scar on his knee, one showing where the bullet entered and the other where they performed "surgery."

If he had gotten actual help then it would look much nicer.

"Yup, a knee injury," he said with an easy shrug, letting his leg fall back down to the ground. "And not quite a 'gang' per se, but something along those lines. I stole some money from the wrong guy and had a legion of goons sent after me." He decidedly did not mention what happened to said guys that were sent after him.

"Got shot, basically shattered my patella, and now I've got a lot of metal in my knee," he snorted.
Grinning, Matt extended his right leg with a slight wince, the joints tugging uncomfortably to match the horrible weather that had recently plagued them. He leaned forwards and rolled up his pant leg, revealing a huge scar on his knee, one showing where the bullet entered and the other where they performed "surgery."

If he had gotten actual help then it would look much nicer.

"Yup, a knee injury," he said with an easy shrug, letting his leg fall back down to the ground. "And not quite a 'gang' per se, but something along those lines. I stole some money from the wrong guy and had a legion of goons sent after me." He decidedly did not mention what happened to said guys that were sent after him.

"Got shot, basically shattered my patella, and now I've got a lot of metal in my knee," he snorted.
tumblr-66bae5dcc051242ddee184e33cc68d47-9a6e08ce-500.gif _
Xeno
_____
He/Him
_____
FR +2
__
Lorelai Ramon | Matt (ZyXeno)
All Roleplay Participants Should Read For Information About An Upcoming Event

Lorelai frowned. “That doesn’t look very recent... was it? Because unless it was, you shouldn’t have that big of a limp, nor should you be in that much pain.”

She pressed her lips in a thin line. Lorelai honestly wondered who he’d stolen from. And why, but she didn’t dare ask.

She opened her mouth to speak again but was interrupted by the old man’s voice. “We will be docking in the morning. Lights out in one hour. Get some rest everyone. They will be wanting you well rested and energized.”

They... though Lorelai, Who’s they? Again, she decided not to ask, figuring that they would find out soon enough.
Lorelai Ramon | Matt (ZyXeno)
All Roleplay Participants Should Read For Information About An Upcoming Event

Lorelai frowned. “That doesn’t look very recent... was it? Because unless it was, you shouldn’t have that big of a limp, nor should you be in that much pain.”

She pressed her lips in a thin line. Lorelai honestly wondered who he’d stolen from. And why, but she didn’t dare ask.

She opened her mouth to speak again but was interrupted by the old man’s voice. “We will be docking in the morning. Lights out in one hour. Get some rest everyone. They will be wanting you well rested and energized.”

They... though Lorelai, Who’s they? Again, she decided not to ask, figuring that they would find out soon enough.
5rECff0.png

FluffyPillows
Writer
Ask Me To Roleplay! ff

Profile Dragon
Ruben perked up when he heard the old man speaking. He forgot his momentary embarrassment as he listened to what was being said. He zipped his backpack up and got up.

Turning in early seemed like a really appealing day right about now. "Again i-i'm really s-sorry about t-taking your water, I-i'm gonna go now" Ruben stuttered as moved off to find a place to rest.

The nervous teen had been to distracted to hear the rest of what the captain of the boat had said. More focused on finding a place to recharge his social batteries.

And possibly getting himself togeather again....
Ruben perked up when he heard the old man speaking. He forgot his momentary embarrassment as he listened to what was being said. He zipped his backpack up and got up.

Turning in early seemed like a really appealing day right about now. "Again i-i'm really s-sorry about t-taking your water, I-i'm gonna go now" Ruben stuttered as moved off to find a place to rest.

The nervous teen had been to distracted to hear the rest of what the captain of the boat had said. More focused on finding a place to recharge his social batteries.

And possibly getting himself togeather again....
uDNAbBS.png
[emoji=peacock feather size=1]Phade[emoji=phoenix feather size=1] Phade yawned and shrugged grabbing her things and heading down to her cabin. She didn't stay up long. She pulled her phone out and powered it on. She started at her messages for a while before turning her phone off and heading to bed
Phade

Phade yawned and shrugged grabbing her things and heading down to her cabin. She didn't stay up long. She pulled her phone out and powered it on. She started at her messages for a while before turning her phone off and heading to bed
76423401.png 67682904.png 66967264.png
74428082_350.png
"Nah, doesn't hurt much anymore and my limp is only noticeable when the weather is real bad out," he shrugged. "I've forced myself out of it, anyways. Limping is a weakness, ya know? Better to keep it under tight lock then let anyone else know about it."

His eyes glanced over to the old sailor and his face twisted into a frown. Matt stretched his arms over his head with a loud groan and pushed himself to his feet, bending forwards to touch his toes and sighing as his joints loosened up.

"Aight, then, mate. I'll be calling it a night," he said, giving Lorelai a two fingered salute before nodding to the rest of them, not like any of them noticed, though. He slid towards the cabins and climbed in with a hum, closing his eyes and just hoping his insomnia wouldn't act up right now. It had been a busy day, anyways; if he couldn't fall asleep at least he could lay here and think about what the hell had just happened to the lot of 'em.
"Nah, doesn't hurt much anymore and my limp is only noticeable when the weather is real bad out," he shrugged. "I've forced myself out of it, anyways. Limping is a weakness, ya know? Better to keep it under tight lock then let anyone else know about it."

His eyes glanced over to the old sailor and his face twisted into a frown. Matt stretched his arms over his head with a loud groan and pushed himself to his feet, bending forwards to touch his toes and sighing as his joints loosened up.

"Aight, then, mate. I'll be calling it a night," he said, giving Lorelai a two fingered salute before nodding to the rest of them, not like any of them noticed, though. He slid towards the cabins and climbed in with a hum, closing his eyes and just hoping his insomnia wouldn't act up right now. It had been a busy day, anyways; if he couldn't fall asleep at least he could lay here and think about what the hell had just happened to the lot of 'em.
Xeno
_____
He/Him
_____
FR +2
__
[emoji=peacock feather size=1]Phade[emoji=phoenix feather size=1] Phade lay in the hamock staring at the ceiling as she rocked. Right now she would be in class or finishing chores around the house and yet she was on a boat with strangers. None she knew and none she hoped knew who she was. If this was a cult kind of thing or a kidnapping she would automatically be the first to be ransomed. In fact her dad may very well have recieved a letter saying they want xyz amount of money. She pulled her phone out again checking the time. Her phone was on 70% and no bars. She unlocked her phone and scrolled through photos and videos before rolling over and trying to get some sleep
Phade

Phade lay in the hamock staring at the ceiling as she rocked. Right now she would be in class or finishing chores around the house and yet she was on a boat with strangers. None she knew and none she hoped knew who she was. If this was a cult kind of thing or a kidnapping she would automatically be the first to be ransomed. In fact her dad may very well have recieved a letter saying they want xyz amount of money. She pulled her phone out again checking the time. Her phone was on 70% and no bars. She unlocked her phone and scrolled through photos and videos before rolling over and trying to get some sleep
74428082_350.png
Lorelai Ramon

Lorelai went into the cabin across from the one Matt went into. She was alone here.

Digging through her bag, she pulled out an envalope. One she carried everywhere with her, one she read through every night. It was a big envalope containing multiple letters from her brother. His last letters.

She pressed her lips together as she slid out one of them. It was a black envalope, like the rest, closed with a red wax seal. Lorelai had opened it long ago, so she only flipped it up and slid out the card.

Her eyes sucked in her brother's loopy, neat handwriting in black pen. These last letters were different. They all seemed more rushed...

She read through the one in her hands. It was a long, long letter that took her about ten minutes to read. It was only about half way in when a tear trickled down her cheek.

She wouldn't dare repeat what these letters said, but they were depressing and heartbraking.

She closed the letter when she'd finished, the sound her semi-quiet sobbing carrying across the hallway.
Lorelai Ramon

Lorelai went into the cabin across from the one Matt went into. She was alone here.

Digging through her bag, she pulled out an envalope. One she carried everywhere with her, one she read through every night. It was a big envalope containing multiple letters from her brother. His last letters.

She pressed her lips together as she slid out one of them. It was a black envalope, like the rest, closed with a red wax seal. Lorelai had opened it long ago, so she only flipped it up and slid out the card.

Her eyes sucked in her brother's loopy, neat handwriting in black pen. These last letters were different. They all seemed more rushed...

She read through the one in her hands. It was a long, long letter that took her about ten minutes to read. It was only about half way in when a tear trickled down her cheek.

She wouldn't dare repeat what these letters said, but they were depressing and heartbraking.

She closed the letter when she'd finished, the sound her semi-quiet sobbing carrying across the hallway.
5rECff0.png

FluffyPillows
Writer
Ask Me To Roleplay! ff

Profile Dragon
Ruben had reached the cabin at the far end of the hall earlier and was currently sitting in his hamock and staring out of a small round widow. He was content with watching the waves hit the side of the boat, but he couldnt help but think how much prettier it would have been if the stars were out.

The young man sighed as he opened up his backpack and shuffled through it again. Making another count of how much supplies he had. Something told him that they were going to get on one heck of a ride. He needed to be perpared for anything. Once he was assured that he had enough supplies he zipped up his backpack and placed it on the hamock, planning to use it as a pillow.

he laid down and curled up on his side watching the water until he was eventually lulled to sleep by the rocking and the sounds of the ocean.
Ruben had reached the cabin at the far end of the hall earlier and was currently sitting in his hamock and staring out of a small round widow. He was content with watching the waves hit the side of the boat, but he couldnt help but think how much prettier it would have been if the stars were out.

The young man sighed as he opened up his backpack and shuffled through it again. Making another count of how much supplies he had. Something told him that they were going to get on one heck of a ride. He needed to be perpared for anything. Once he was assured that he had enough supplies he zipped up his backpack and placed it on the hamock, planning to use it as a pillow.

he laid down and curled up on his side watching the water until he was eventually lulled to sleep by the rocking and the sounds of the ocean.
uDNAbBS.png
[emoji=peacock feather size=1]Phade[emoji=phoenix feather size=1] Phade didn’t fall asleep very quickly as she couldn’t stop worrying about what was going to happen. She rummaged through her bag before pulling a sketch book out and drawing until finally the rocking of the ship and her hammock and the strain to draw in the dark lulled her to sleep.
Phade

Phade didn’t fall asleep very quickly as she couldn’t stop worrying about what was going to happen. She rummaged through her bag before pulling a sketch book out and drawing until finally the rocking of the ship and her hammock and the strain to draw in the dark lulled her to sleep.
74428082_350.png
Turns out that sleeping on a ship when never done before makes it very difficult, Matt began to realize. The sway of the boat made his stomach churn uncomfortably and the wind buffeting the small porthole rattled the glass in its frame. He was used to noise when sleeping, but he wasn't used to the movement. He had fallen asleep in moving cars before and in the back of pickup trucks to make a fast getaway, but that was as far as his experience extended.

He grunted as he rolled over in time with the rocking ship and ended up flipping the hammock completely. He was dumped onto the wooden floor with a solid thud and didn't bother moving for a few seconds before he groaned. His voice was muffled but his frustration was clear.

Damn, he wanted a smoke right about now but someone took his lighter.

At least he didn't have to pay out the guy he was in debt to at the moment, though. Crossing a sea puts enough distance between them, right? It was only...a thousand? The dude was an a*s, anyways. Matt silently hoped he wasn't persistent enough to follow his trail across a goddamn ocean.
Turns out that sleeping on a ship when never done before makes it very difficult, Matt began to realize. The sway of the boat made his stomach churn uncomfortably and the wind buffeting the small porthole rattled the glass in its frame. He was used to noise when sleeping, but he wasn't used to the movement. He had fallen asleep in moving cars before and in the back of pickup trucks to make a fast getaway, but that was as far as his experience extended.

He grunted as he rolled over in time with the rocking ship and ended up flipping the hammock completely. He was dumped onto the wooden floor with a solid thud and didn't bother moving for a few seconds before he groaned. His voice was muffled but his frustration was clear.

Damn, he wanted a smoke right about now but someone took his lighter.

At least he didn't have to pay out the guy he was in debt to at the moment, though. Crossing a sea puts enough distance between them, right? It was only...a thousand? The dude was an a*s, anyways. Matt silently hoped he wasn't persistent enough to follow his trail across a goddamn ocean.
Xeno
_____
He/Him
_____
FR +2
__
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22