Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Dragon Trials | IC
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Hrafna (@/SuddenShimmer)

Hrafna ignored his first comment about sharing blame. She'd just take all of it anyway if push came to shove. It wouldn't be too big of a deal.

Noticing that he wasn't having much luck, Hrafna began to poke around for any potential hidden cabinets. Was it intrusive? Absolutely, but it wasn't as if she was going to take anything that may be of value- both monetary and sentimental- so it wasn't against her morals. What were her morals anyway? That was something she had to think about more, Hrafna concluded as she listened in on Lupe's description.

"Sounds nice, though you are speaking of it in a more sentimental way. Have you not been there in some amount of time? Or perhaps it was not your original home? I do not mean to be intrusive, of course. I'm truly just a curious person, you'll learn to ignore it."

Hrafna took the bag from Lupe and inspected it as he questioned her. "I live alone, I have for a while now. My blood family is still alive, do not worry, I just have always been more independent than anything. I live on the outskirts of a small town, I have trees that block my house from any sort of outside view. I do this to hopefully lower the amount of break-ins I get, I travel very often so I'm not always around to defend my home."
Hrafna (@/SuddenShimmer)

Hrafna ignored his first comment about sharing blame. She'd just take all of it anyway if push came to shove. It wouldn't be too big of a deal.

Noticing that he wasn't having much luck, Hrafna began to poke around for any potential hidden cabinets. Was it intrusive? Absolutely, but it wasn't as if she was going to take anything that may be of value- both monetary and sentimental- so it wasn't against her morals. What were her morals anyway? That was something she had to think about more, Hrafna concluded as she listened in on Lupe's description.

"Sounds nice, though you are speaking of it in a more sentimental way. Have you not been there in some amount of time? Or perhaps it was not your original home? I do not mean to be intrusive, of course. I'm truly just a curious person, you'll learn to ignore it."

Hrafna took the bag from Lupe and inspected it as he questioned her. "I live alone, I have for a while now. My blood family is still alive, do not worry, I just have always been more independent than anything. I live on the outskirts of a small town, I have trees that block my house from any sort of outside view. I do this to hopefully lower the amount of break-ins I get, I travel very often so I'm not always around to defend my home."
3B15OeM.pngq9EEy5M.pngz9OsVtc.png
"Game of Thrones!" Lorelai smiled but then looked at him with playful concern, "Are you feeling okay, Matt?" She asked, "Like, you've never heard of Game of Thrones?" She raised a brow then shook her head, her smile returning.

"I do quite like the rain," she said, silver eyes gazing out across the cloudy ocean before them. "But I don't like being in the rain... If I'm dry and inside? Yes. Watching a movie on my sofa with hot cocoa would be even better. But being wet outside in the cold rain? No thank you. I lived in London for a long while. My brother and I used to play outside for a while when we were little, splashing in the puddles and all. But now," she shrugged. Without him, rainy days felt so lonely.

"And storms in water aren't always bad as long as the ship is well-balanced and the captain knows what they're doing." She pointed out, but she didn't look back at Matt.
"Game of Thrones!" Lorelai smiled but then looked at him with playful concern, "Are you feeling okay, Matt?" She asked, "Like, you've never heard of Game of Thrones?" She raised a brow then shook her head, her smile returning.

"I do quite like the rain," she said, silver eyes gazing out across the cloudy ocean before them. "But I don't like being in the rain... If I'm dry and inside? Yes. Watching a movie on my sofa with hot cocoa would be even better. But being wet outside in the cold rain? No thank you. I lived in London for a long while. My brother and I used to play outside for a while when we were little, splashing in the puddles and all. But now," she shrugged. Without him, rainy days felt so lonely.

"And storms in water aren't always bad as long as the ship is well-balanced and the captain knows what they're doing." She pointed out, but she didn't look back at Matt.
5rECff0.png

FluffyPillows
Writer
Ask Me To Roleplay! ff

Profile Dragon
((If you missed the post Fluffy Pillow made she addressed the misunderstanding which is why we’re not reacting to your OCs actions. ^^))
Fritz
Standing up from a crate he had been sitting on he held a hand above his eyes to help him get a better look at the approaching storm clouds. Slowly drifting over to stand next to Mat and Lorelai, nervously shoving his hands in his pockets catching a snippet of the conversation.
“A-Assuming the captain knows what he is doing.”

Clearing his throat in hopes of hiding the stutter he pointed his thumb behind him at the cabins.
“I’m uh- gonna go hunker down, hide from the rain.”
((If you missed the post Fluffy Pillow made she addressed the misunderstanding which is why we’re not reacting to your OCs actions. ^^))
Fritz
Standing up from a crate he had been sitting on he held a hand above his eyes to help him get a better look at the approaching storm clouds. Slowly drifting over to stand next to Mat and Lorelai, nervously shoving his hands in his pockets catching a snippet of the conversation.
“A-Assuming the captain knows what he is doing.”

Clearing his throat in hopes of hiding the stutter he pointed his thumb behind him at the cabins.
“I’m uh- gonna go hunker down, hide from the rain.”
LEpJMnn.png zNcyhot.png RDt6LqI.png J7D1quC.png qIT33wL.png

WI7lnRZ.png em6G0U2.png SV9CXSe.pngYMPbu9R.png
Lupe || Hrafna (@/Eskria)

“Oh…” Lupe rubbed the back of his neck once Hrafna had voiced her observations, offering a little shrug. “Guess I kinda waxed poetic there hu?” Admittedly the words came out a bit closer to a mutter, noting that she didn’t seem too bothered by it, just… curious. Like she’d said. He had no intention of flinging his family drama at anyone though, nor burdening them in general with his own problems. Not that he was going to leave Hrafna hanging for answers, “Nah, that’s where I was before I came here. Granted, I haven’t lived there forever, but people move around. You did mention yourself as part of that group.” Not to mention it was interesting discerning between if ‘live’ or ‘lived’ was correct when on a boat to who knows where, or how long. But that thought didn’t need to be brought to mind on the off chance she hadn’t already considered it.

The back of his mind still slightly nagged at the little comment she made. It seemed harmless enough, but for some reason ‘you’ll learn to ignore it’ rubbed him the wrong way. Odds were he could be reading it entirely wrong, but even so… “I don’t mind. You being curious that is. It’s not like you’re hurting anyone.” He offered a sideways glance and brief smile, holding up the bottle he’d been testing a moment ago.

On the label clearly read ‘Acetaminophen’, dropping it into the bag once she was done inspecting it. “Just in case we go swimming again.” He pointed at the bag before starting to pluck just a few more won’t-be-missed things from the cabinet to add in. Primarily a short roll of medical tape and a small bottle of antiseptic, figuring she’d take whatever else she’d want. “If you want it. I wasn’t sure if your bag had anything to keep them in.”

Not wanting to take everything on the shelf, he only plucked a little package of cotton swabs to add to his own assortment. “You don’t have to answer if you don’t want to, but what do you travel so much for?”

((Sorry it took a bit longer to get this one posted. Been fighting my writing, but here we go :> ))

“Oh…” Lupe rubbed the back of his neck once Hrafna had voiced her observations, offering a little shrug. “Guess I kinda waxed poetic there hu?” Admittedly the words came out a bit closer to a mutter, noting that she didn’t seem too bothered by it, just… curious. Like she’d said. He had no intention of flinging his family drama at anyone though, nor burdening them in general with his own problems. Not that he was going to leave Hrafna hanging for answers, “Nah, that’s where I was before I came here. Granted, I haven’t lived there forever, but people move around. You did mention yourself as part of that group.” Not to mention it was interesting discerning between if ‘live’ or ‘lived’ was correct when on a boat to who knows where, or how long. But that thought didn’t need to be brought to mind on the off chance she hadn’t already considered it.

The back of his mind still slightly nagged at the little comment she made. It seemed harmless enough, but for some reason ‘you’ll learn to ignore it’ rubbed him the wrong way. Odds were he could be reading it entirely wrong, but even so… “I don’t mind. You being curious that is. It’s not like you’re hurting anyone.” He offered a sideways glance and brief smile, holding up the bottle he’d been testing a moment ago.

On the label clearly read ‘Acetaminophen’, dropping it into the bag once she was done inspecting it. “Just in case we go swimming again.” He pointed at the bag before starting to pluck just a few more won’t-be-missed things from the cabinet to add in. Primarily a short roll of medical tape and a small bottle of antiseptic, figuring she’d take whatever else she’d want. “If you want it. I wasn’t sure if your bag had anything to keep them in.”

Not wanting to take everything on the shelf, he only plucked a little package of cotton swabs to add to his own assortment. “You don’t have to answer if you don’t want to, but what do you travel so much for?”

((Sorry it took a bit longer to get this one posted. Been fighting my writing, but here we go :> ))
sgriffin-3398-58_8_13_6_3_10.png
(ignore all my posts except the very first and second-ish ones :P)
Sammy stared around at the ship, eyeing everyone. She then opened her backpack, took out her lunchbox and opened it. She sat down on the floor, and put her pack down. She quickly dug through her stuff before groaning loudly. "Does anyone have any-(insert gurgle noises)- sea-sick medicine?" Sammy leaven on the side of the boat, starting to turn a unnatural green color. "OOoooooh I feel sick" Sammy turned around, and waited to go bleh.
(ignore all my posts except the very first and second-ish ones :P)
Sammy stared around at the ship, eyeing everyone. She then opened her backpack, took out her lunchbox and opened it. She sat down on the floor, and put her pack down. She quickly dug through her stuff before groaning loudly. "Does anyone have any-(insert gurgle noises)- sea-sick medicine?" Sammy leaven on the side of the boat, starting to turn a unnatural green color. "OOoooooh I feel sick" Sammy turned around, and waited to go bleh.
NzIvRCm.gif NzIvRCm.gif iWG9EFl.gifNzIvRCm.gif NzIvRCm.gif
Hrafna (@/SuddenShimmer)

Hrafna smiled warmly at Lupe's sheepishness. "It's alright, I do not mind listening in." The girl then put her money where her mouth was as she intently listened in on Lupe whilst he talked about traveling around and whatnot. Although she was caught off guard when he had offered a form of reassurance when an insecurity of hers had managed to slip past her internal filter. Externally, she thanked him, but internally, she took a note to make sure she was more mindful of what she said in the future, as to not place her burdens on others. She was more than capable of handling them on her own.

"Good idea. Who knows if we'll need to swim again. I certainly hope if we do, it's in cleaner water. I wonder if I'll have any eye damage from opening my eyes for a moment in that murk and muck."

Hrafna passed him a package of bandages as she already had some. "I do not general enjoy feeling tied down to an area. I tend to take care of an area or some people and then be on my way. The only reason I got a permanent residence was because I have been thinking of getting pets some day. I wouldn't want to struggle to feed them, so I figured settling down would be better so I could at least have a companion. Still haven't managed to find anything though."
Hrafna (@/SuddenShimmer)

Hrafna smiled warmly at Lupe's sheepishness. "It's alright, I do not mind listening in." The girl then put her money where her mouth was as she intently listened in on Lupe whilst he talked about traveling around and whatnot. Although she was caught off guard when he had offered a form of reassurance when an insecurity of hers had managed to slip past her internal filter. Externally, she thanked him, but internally, she took a note to make sure she was more mindful of what she said in the future, as to not place her burdens on others. She was more than capable of handling them on her own.

"Good idea. Who knows if we'll need to swim again. I certainly hope if we do, it's in cleaner water. I wonder if I'll have any eye damage from opening my eyes for a moment in that murk and muck."

Hrafna passed him a package of bandages as she already had some. "I do not general enjoy feeling tied down to an area. I tend to take care of an area or some people and then be on my way. The only reason I got a permanent residence was because I have been thinking of getting pets some day. I wouldn't want to struggle to feed them, so I figured settling down would be better so I could at least have a companion. Still haven't managed to find anything though."
"Oh! Game of Thrones!" Matt said, nodding in contemplation before it turned into him just shaking his head, brows furrowed. "Never heard of it before." It wasn't like his deteriorating apartment complex had enough power to keep a television on and he sure as hell didn't make enough money (also: he makes no money at all) to pay a monthly fee for one of those streaming sights. Especially right out of rehab. Eugh.

"Rain is too noisy," Matt mumbled, turning his head to look over his shoulder at the water, nearly glaring at it. "From my time in Brighton I remember the weather was crap. It was much better than the heat in Arizona in the States, though." He didn't really want to get into his fear of storms. One too many nights spent on the street without shelter when a storm was raging above didn't give him too many pleasant memories.

"Let's hope the cap'n knows what he's doin'," he hummed, pulling his jacket a little closer to his body. Thankfully, he was beginning to dry off. Just a bit, though.
"Oh! Game of Thrones!" Matt said, nodding in contemplation before it turned into him just shaking his head, brows furrowed. "Never heard of it before." It wasn't like his deteriorating apartment complex had enough power to keep a television on and he sure as hell didn't make enough money (also: he makes no money at all) to pay a monthly fee for one of those streaming sights. Especially right out of rehab. Eugh.

"Rain is too noisy," Matt mumbled, turning his head to look over his shoulder at the water, nearly glaring at it. "From my time in Brighton I remember the weather was crap. It was much better than the heat in Arizona in the States, though." He didn't really want to get into his fear of storms. One too many nights spent on the street without shelter when a storm was raging above didn't give him too many pleasant memories.

"Let's hope the cap'n knows what he's doin'," he hummed, pulling his jacket a little closer to his body. Thankfully, he was beginning to dry off. Just a bit, though.
tumblr-66bae5dcc051242ddee184e33cc68d47-9a6e08ce-500.gif _
Xeno
_____
He/Him
_____
FR +2
__

Lupe offered another little smile to the other at the thanks (an unspoken mirror of his own internal feelings considering she hadn’t ripped at him for his earlier words), again saying it wasn’t an issue, but moving along with the subject as she did. It was his turn to offer up a little ‘thanks’ at her approval of the bag, not knowing whether to nod at what followed or shake his head in jest at her ponder. “Let’s hope not. If it gets too bad though, I’ll help you out if needed.” He spoke light hearted, but was serious in meaning all the same.

Another soft ‘thanks’ followed her offer of more bandages, enough for acknowledgement but not to interrupt her speaking.. She sounded like she had her own brand of wayward, different from his own but still the mention of wandering resonated with him in a way. Although from the sound of it, she’d probably gone further than he’d ever been able too. It was a wonder if any kind of stories came with it. The mention of pets brought Aspen to mind, missing the horse but thankful they were home safe and not dragged into whatever all this was to be. “That sounds nice, seeing new places and all.” a response given with genuine interest.

As if suddenly thinking of something, he stood up a tad straighter and began to dig in the found stash of medical supplies again. After a brief moment-- nearly digging his arm to the back of the cabinet-- he freed a little bottle and showed it off to Hrafna: Eye-drops. Something that now seemed obvious to have, despite never carrying them. Lupe offered it to her, even though he wasn’t entirely sure it would actually do much for the concern (or dark humor) she voiced before.

Lupe offered another little smile to the other at the thanks (an unspoken mirror of his own internal feelings considering she hadn’t ripped at him for his earlier words), again saying it wasn’t an issue, but moving along with the subject as she did. It was his turn to offer up a little ‘thanks’ at her approval of the bag, not knowing whether to nod at what followed or shake his head in jest at her ponder. “Let’s hope not. If it gets too bad though, I’ll help you out if needed.” He spoke light hearted, but was serious in meaning all the same.

Another soft ‘thanks’ followed her offer of more bandages, enough for acknowledgement but not to interrupt her speaking.. She sounded like she had her own brand of wayward, different from his own but still the mention of wandering resonated with him in a way. Although from the sound of it, she’d probably gone further than he’d ever been able too. It was a wonder if any kind of stories came with it. The mention of pets brought Aspen to mind, missing the horse but thankful they were home safe and not dragged into whatever all this was to be. “That sounds nice, seeing new places and all.” a response given with genuine interest.

As if suddenly thinking of something, he stood up a tad straighter and began to dig in the found stash of medical supplies again. After a brief moment-- nearly digging his arm to the back of the cabinet-- he freed a little bottle and showed it off to Hrafna: Eye-drops. Something that now seemed obvious to have, despite never carrying them. Lupe offered it to her, even though he wasn’t entirely sure it would actually do much for the concern (or dark humor) she voiced before.
sgriffin-3398-58_8_13_6_3_10.png
Lorelai smiled, "When this is all over you're coming over to watch it." She crossed her legs at her ankles, "It's soooo good! The books are even better!" She said, silver eyes sparkling.

The sparkle in her diamond-colored eyes quickly faded though, "Yes," she nodded up to Fritz, "I too hope he knows his stuff. If not... we're all screwed." Her eyes swept across him. It seemed he was uncomfortable... Or nervous...

"Hey... Fritz, right? You alright?" Lorelai asked with genuine concern, her hands clasped around... something... in her lap.
Lorelai smiled, "When this is all over you're coming over to watch it." She crossed her legs at her ankles, "It's soooo good! The books are even better!" She said, silver eyes sparkling.

The sparkle in her diamond-colored eyes quickly faded though, "Yes," she nodded up to Fritz, "I too hope he knows his stuff. If not... we're all screwed." Her eyes swept across him. It seemed he was uncomfortable... Or nervous...

"Hey... Fritz, right? You alright?" Lorelai asked with genuine concern, her hands clasped around... something... in her lap.
5rECff0.png

FluffyPillows
Writer
Ask Me To Roleplay! ff

Profile Dragon
Hrafna (@/SuddenShimmer)

Hrafna softly laughed. "I suppose so. It gets a little lonely from time to time, but that's when you go and visit the friendlier towns and cities to have a chat with the locals. I lived in my car for a little while, so people were naturally curious about what I was doing and where I was going."

She snorted when eyedrops were presented to her. "You go ahead and keep those, my glasses do a fine enough job for my eyes. If my eyes stop working I'll just switch to echolocation or something."

"Say, why do you think we were all gathered in the first place? I haven't been able to notice anything any of us have in common. Granted, I haven't been able to talk with many of the people here, but my point still stands."
Hrafna (@/SuddenShimmer)

Hrafna softly laughed. "I suppose so. It gets a little lonely from time to time, but that's when you go and visit the friendlier towns and cities to have a chat with the locals. I lived in my car for a little while, so people were naturally curious about what I was doing and where I was going."

She snorted when eyedrops were presented to her. "You go ahead and keep those, my glasses do a fine enough job for my eyes. If my eyes stop working I'll just switch to echolocation or something."

"Say, why do you think we were all gathered in the first place? I haven't been able to notice anything any of us have in common. Granted, I haven't been able to talk with many of the people here, but my point still stands."
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22