Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | DIRTY PAWS -- A Warriors Roleplay
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 19 20
Briarwing / Windclan / Medicine Cat/ Palestar

Upon hearing her Leader’s voice the she-cat shuffled the herbs she was sorting through back. She shifted her position in the den to face Palestar. Plastering on a smile she responded “Of course Palestar. What is it that you need to discuss with me?”. Her eyes flickered with worry before going back to a more neutral gaze as she shuffled to the side a bit to give Palestar the room to sit down.
Briarwing / Windclan / Medicine Cat/ Palestar

Upon hearing her Leader’s voice the she-cat shuffled the herbs she was sorting through back. She shifted her position in the den to face Palestar. Plastering on a smile she responded “Of course Palestar. What is it that you need to discuss with me?”. Her eyes flickered with worry before going back to a more neutral gaze as she shuffled to the side a bit to give Palestar the room to sit down.
kageyama_emote_by_bwsweetpeaa-dapx8sa.gif 0MaKSzV.png hinata_emote_by_bwsweetpeaa-dappevb.gif
Palestar | Wind Clan | Briarywing

Approaching her closer to make sure if he lowered his voice no one else would overhear, he didn't sit down however. Palestar didn't plan on staying for too long. "From last night, there's not much to be said but that I don't trust any of the other clans. We don't know if the murderer's our own clan or just a rogue. Nevertheless, I'm going to assume Star Clan hasn't send any signs down yet."

"Beyond that no cat should go alone, it may be best to take two cats with you if you ever decide to gather anything outside." He sighed, clearly unhappy to say something as such. "You'd never know if the murderer's one of them and another would be best to be kept along. I don't doubt your ability to fend yourself, it's just..." He trailed off.

Snapping in focus again, Palestar finally inquired, "Did Star Clan send anything before this?"
Palestar | Wind Clan | Briarywing

Approaching her closer to make sure if he lowered his voice no one else would overhear, he didn't sit down however. Palestar didn't plan on staying for too long. "From last night, there's not much to be said but that I don't trust any of the other clans. We don't know if the murderer's our own clan or just a rogue. Nevertheless, I'm going to assume Star Clan hasn't send any signs down yet."

"Beyond that no cat should go alone, it may be best to take two cats with you if you ever decide to gather anything outside." He sighed, clearly unhappy to say something as such. "You'd never know if the murderer's one of them and another would be best to be kept along. I don't doubt your ability to fend yourself, it's just..." He trailed off.

Snapping in focus again, Palestar finally inquired, "Did Star Clan send anything before this?"
back from hiatus #5 (;-_-)/
sketch shop here!
Briarwing/ Windclan medicine Cat / Palestar

After hearing the small rant Palestar went on Briarwing’s eyes softened at the words. “I understand why Palestar” she softly said to the tom “You don’t want me, or any cat getting hurt, or killed”. She stood and curled her tail reassuring on his shoulder “I’ll make sure that I’m careful, and I’m sure the other warriors will be careful when they leave camp”.

Her ears flickered downwards as her eyes shifted to a more troubled state “There has been no message before this all had happened” her mouth curled into a frown “You would believe that Starclan would’ve said something about this, but sadly they can’t always warn us.”
Briarwing/ Windclan medicine Cat / Palestar

After hearing the small rant Palestar went on Briarwing’s eyes softened at the words. “I understand why Palestar” she softly said to the tom “You don’t want me, or any cat getting hurt, or killed”. She stood and curled her tail reassuring on his shoulder “I’ll make sure that I’m careful, and I’m sure the other warriors will be careful when they leave camp”.

Her ears flickered downwards as her eyes shifted to a more troubled state “There has been no message before this all had happened” her mouth curled into a frown “You would believe that Starclan would’ve said something about this, but sadly they can’t always warn us.”
kageyama_emote_by_bwsweetpeaa-dapx8sa.gif 0MaKSzV.png hinata_emote_by_bwsweetpeaa-dappevb.gif
Foxwillow | ThunderClan Queen | Cloudsong

The rustling of the brambles outside the Queen's den woke Foxwillow from her restless sleep. Lifting her eyelids, she looked to her side to only see Frostkit curled up and sleeping next to her. A blissful feeling crossed her, her heart filling with a proud joy.
She nuzzled the little tom awake.
"Frostkit, time to wake up." she spoke softly. The white and gray tom purred softly before opening his blue eyes. Foxwillow gave a brief lick of his head before standing. She shook her fur out, and then moved towards the entrance. There, she saw Heronkit and Moonkit talking to Cloudsong.
"Good morning Cloudsong. I hope my kits aren't bothering you to much." She purred at the elder.
Featherstar | RiverClan Leader | Whitewater

Featherstar nodded as Rookberry delegated Reedpaw and Crowfeather to their patrol. When the toms left, Featherstar lept down from the Great Tree, and padded over towards the warriors den.
"Whitewater, come here please." she meowed, loud enough to hopefully wake her sleeping daughter.
Appleshine | WindClan Deputy | Open

As Appleshine ate her rabbit, she watched Palestar trot off towards Briarwing's den.
I wonder what they're talking about. She thought. It couldn't be very important she knew; Palestar wanted to talk to all of them about the murderer.
Whoever that may be. She though again. appleshine had no idea who the murderer could be, except for maybe a rogue from the horse place at the edge of the territory.
I should have my patrols be extra careful over there, just in case.
Foxwillow | ThunderClan Queen | Cloudsong

The rustling of the brambles outside the Queen's den woke Foxwillow from her restless sleep. Lifting her eyelids, she looked to her side to only see Frostkit curled up and sleeping next to her. A blissful feeling crossed her, her heart filling with a proud joy.
She nuzzled the little tom awake.
"Frostkit, time to wake up." she spoke softly. The white and gray tom purred softly before opening his blue eyes. Foxwillow gave a brief lick of his head before standing. She shook her fur out, and then moved towards the entrance. There, she saw Heronkit and Moonkit talking to Cloudsong.
"Good morning Cloudsong. I hope my kits aren't bothering you to much." She purred at the elder.
Featherstar | RiverClan Leader | Whitewater

Featherstar nodded as Rookberry delegated Reedpaw and Crowfeather to their patrol. When the toms left, Featherstar lept down from the Great Tree, and padded over towards the warriors den.
"Whitewater, come here please." she meowed, loud enough to hopefully wake her sleeping daughter.
Appleshine | WindClan Deputy | Open

As Appleshine ate her rabbit, she watched Palestar trot off towards Briarwing's den.
I wonder what they're talking about. She thought. It couldn't be very important she knew; Palestar wanted to talk to all of them about the murderer.
Whoever that may be. She though again. appleshine had no idea who the murderer could be, except for maybe a rogue from the horse place at the edge of the territory.
I should have my patrols be extra careful over there, just in case.
| Wishlist | Shiny Hunting | Dream Dragons | Wanted Art List |
egg_nature_bounce_by_dogi_crimson-da8wjqe.gifTI0OYbZ.pngkrirqod.png7iF4Ik8.pngMs7a4L5.pngegg_arcane_bounce_by_dogi_crimson-dab8vw4.gif
Whitewater | RiverClan | Featherstar

Whitewater's ears twitched as the sound of a familiar voice tried to pry her from the soft folds of sleep, and her eyes opened a slit. She yawned hugely, heaved a sleepy sigh, and lifted her head with visible effort.
"Mom?" she mewed, directing her ears towards the entrance, half-wondering if Featherstar's voice was a figment of her drowsy imagination.
Part of her considered slumping back to the nest, but the other remembered that she was supposed to go on the mid-morning patrol, so with a huff, the white she-cat hauled herself out of her nest and tripped out into the open. The sunlight poked her hard in both eyes so she slammed them shut, but she parted her jaws to catch the warm scent of the she-cat waiting for her.
Sure enough, it was Featherstar.
Whitewater stretched, arching the curve of her back towards the sky, and meowed, "Good morning. What's...oh."
She blinked as her eyes snagged on Featherstar's unnaturally red belly fur, and she straightened slowly with a grin that was both sheepish and impish. "Uh. Nice new look?"
She purred, straightened, and rubbed her cheek against Featherstar's. "I thought you could use a laugh after a tense meeting like the Gathering. Don't worry, it'll come out. It would be kind of awkward to have forever, and I'm not that mean."
She grinned.

Rustfur | ThunderClan | Shadepaw

Rustfur nodded approvingly. "Good."
He stepped across a giggling stream as he thought about how to phrase his next words, uncomfortably aware that being a mentor meant teetering on a line between helpfulness and patronization.
"Shadepaw," he meowed quietly, padding over flattened grass and sharp stones, and he waved his tail at Ironclaw and Berrypad to go ahead. Both cats obliged.
"I don't want to scare you," he began, glancing at her face for clues. "But there is a killer in the forest, and none of know whether it's a Clan cat, a rogue, or something else entirely. Which means," he went on more briskly, with more confidence, "no more solo hunting trips. If you have to leave camp, as Pebblestar said, go with at least one warrior and me. Or two warriors if...I don't know... I'm boring you or something."
He flicked her ear teasingly with the tip of his tail and glanced sideways at the young she-cat, wondering how his words had impacted her. Then his gaze turned thoughtful for a moment, analyzing Shadepaw's progress over the moon that she'd been his apprentice, and he came to a decision.
"How would you like to start learning some more advanced battle techniques?" he mewed, avoiding a fallen tree.
Whitewater | RiverClan | Featherstar

Whitewater's ears twitched as the sound of a familiar voice tried to pry her from the soft folds of sleep, and her eyes opened a slit. She yawned hugely, heaved a sleepy sigh, and lifted her head with visible effort.
"Mom?" she mewed, directing her ears towards the entrance, half-wondering if Featherstar's voice was a figment of her drowsy imagination.
Part of her considered slumping back to the nest, but the other remembered that she was supposed to go on the mid-morning patrol, so with a huff, the white she-cat hauled herself out of her nest and tripped out into the open. The sunlight poked her hard in both eyes so she slammed them shut, but she parted her jaws to catch the warm scent of the she-cat waiting for her.
Sure enough, it was Featherstar.
Whitewater stretched, arching the curve of her back towards the sky, and meowed, "Good morning. What's...oh."
She blinked as her eyes snagged on Featherstar's unnaturally red belly fur, and she straightened slowly with a grin that was both sheepish and impish. "Uh. Nice new look?"
She purred, straightened, and rubbed her cheek against Featherstar's. "I thought you could use a laugh after a tense meeting like the Gathering. Don't worry, it'll come out. It would be kind of awkward to have forever, and I'm not that mean."
She grinned.

Rustfur | ThunderClan | Shadepaw

Rustfur nodded approvingly. "Good."
He stepped across a giggling stream as he thought about how to phrase his next words, uncomfortably aware that being a mentor meant teetering on a line between helpfulness and patronization.
"Shadepaw," he meowed quietly, padding over flattened grass and sharp stones, and he waved his tail at Ironclaw and Berrypad to go ahead. Both cats obliged.
"I don't want to scare you," he began, glancing at her face for clues. "But there is a killer in the forest, and none of know whether it's a Clan cat, a rogue, or something else entirely. Which means," he went on more briskly, with more confidence, "no more solo hunting trips. If you have to leave camp, as Pebblestar said, go with at least one warrior and me. Or two warriors if...I don't know... I'm boring you or something."
He flicked her ear teasingly with the tip of his tail and glanced sideways at the young she-cat, wondering how his words had impacted her. Then his gaze turned thoughtful for a moment, analyzing Shadepaw's progress over the moon that she'd been his apprentice, and he came to a decision.
"How would you like to start learning some more advanced battle techniques?" he mewed, avoiding a fallen tree.
bHeX9bv.png[/url][/center]

BPpOUJu.png[/center]

OozkoKt.png
Featherstar | RiverClan Leader | Whitewater, Rookberry

Featherstar twitched her tail.
"I appreciate the thought, but no good deed goes unpunished." She meowed, holding her gaze with Whitewater's mismatched eyes. Noticing Fawnspots munching on a fish near the fresh-kill pile, she turned towards her.
"Fawnspots, would you please come with Whitewater and I?" she spoke, and turned back towards Whitewater.
"You and Fawnspots will accompany me to the river and help me wash this mess out of my fur before I speak with Crystalgleam and Rookberry about last night. I will ask Rookberry to have Pinedapple take your place on morning patrol. Don't worry, we won't be long." Featherstar meowed, and turned towards the entrance. She stopped next to Rookberry before she left.
"When Pinedapple comes back, have him take Whitewater's place on patrol. I'm taking her and Fawnspots with me to deal with this. We won't be long." she said, and gestured with her tail towards the red spot on her belly. She padded through the entrance of camp, hoping that her daughters were following behind her.
Featherstar | RiverClan Leader | Whitewater, Rookberry

Featherstar twitched her tail.
"I appreciate the thought, but no good deed goes unpunished." She meowed, holding her gaze with Whitewater's mismatched eyes. Noticing Fawnspots munching on a fish near the fresh-kill pile, she turned towards her.
"Fawnspots, would you please come with Whitewater and I?" she spoke, and turned back towards Whitewater.
"You and Fawnspots will accompany me to the river and help me wash this mess out of my fur before I speak with Crystalgleam and Rookberry about last night. I will ask Rookberry to have Pinedapple take your place on morning patrol. Don't worry, we won't be long." Featherstar meowed, and turned towards the entrance. She stopped next to Rookberry before she left.
"When Pinedapple comes back, have him take Whitewater's place on patrol. I'm taking her and Fawnspots with me to deal with this. We won't be long." she said, and gestured with her tail towards the red spot on her belly. She padded through the entrance of camp, hoping that her daughters were following behind her.
| Wishlist | Shiny Hunting | Dream Dragons | Wanted Art List |
egg_nature_bounce_by_dogi_crimson-da8wjqe.gifTI0OYbZ.pngkrirqod.png7iF4Ik8.pngMs7a4L5.pngegg_arcane_bounce_by_dogi_crimson-dab8vw4.gif
Shadepaw | Thunderclan | Rustfur

Shadepaw nodded after Rustfur's speech about not leaving camp alone. She understood why, after all she was quite small and had only been an apprentice for a moon, but she didn't like it. It was too loud in camp and sometimes even with just one other cat. Her lone treads through the woods were the only thing that helped to quiet her overcrowded mind.
Shadepaw's eyes widened with surprise as Rustfur asked her about learning more advanced battle techniques.
"Are you sure I'm ready? I want to! Don't get me wrong, but..." She trailed off nervously, watching a bird launch off a branch in the distance. Scrambling up and over the fallen tree, instead of around like her mentor, she padded along forward.
Shadepaw | Thunderclan | Rustfur

Shadepaw nodded after Rustfur's speech about not leaving camp alone. She understood why, after all she was quite small and had only been an apprentice for a moon, but she didn't like it. It was too loud in camp and sometimes even with just one other cat. Her lone treads through the woods were the only thing that helped to quiet her overcrowded mind.
Shadepaw's eyes widened with surprise as Rustfur asked her about learning more advanced battle techniques.
"Are you sure I'm ready? I want to! Don't get me wrong, but..." She trailed off nervously, watching a bird launch off a branch in the distance. Scrambling up and over the fallen tree, instead of around like her mentor, she padded along forward.
Mothstar | Shadowclan | Laurelhawk, Jasminepaw, Cidermoon

Mothstar's eyes were clouded as she padded around, glancing about the clan clearing. But her eyes widened a little bit as she saw Laurelhawk doing patrols. She smiled a little bit, perhaps he would be a good Deputy, what Shadowclan needs. But something gnawed in her belly... perhaps the doubt of being able to serve her clan rightfully. She hoped so.

Nodding her head, the leader moved her shoulders back and presented herself a bit taller than she had been. Afterall, she was the leader of the best clan around the lake. She had to be presentable... "Good morning Laurelhawk." she purred, her tone still hinting a tinge of sadness.

"I am, but I'm sure you will serve your clan just as well as Ratwhisker had. Besides, he's still watching over us, I gotta remember that." she glanced upwards before glancing back down to Laurelhawk. He mentioned Diamondback and her eyes flicked to the she-cat....and then she glanced back down to the tom infront of her. "Nono, it's good, I'm glad you did. I was meaning to tell you to double the patrols around the border, and to make sure no one goes without another cat around. But do be sure to get a hunting patrol started."

Then he added a question, and she frowned and shook her head. "No, it's fine, Laurelhawk."

Her ears perked a bit as Cidermoon came over with Jasminepaw, and her brows lifted a bit. "Cidermoon! Just the Medicine cat I wanted to see, are you thinking about going to Moonpool today?"

Cidermoon | Shadowclan | Jasminepaw, Mothstar, Laurelhawk

Cidermoon flicked her ear at her apprentice's words and she turned her head towards her with a soft sigh. "Yeah..." she murmured with a bit of a huff. "But I really don't want to get a warrior to come with us." she glanced to Jasminepaw and offered a small smile. "They have too hard of pawsteps to ever do what we do." she joked.

But she really did mean it.

But as Jasminepaw mentioned Ratwhisker's family, she glanced over that way and frowned. Of course, Cidermoon always had a weird relationship with the deputy, being that he was one of the cats in her apprenticeship day that had bullied her. But he grew out of it rather quickly, and she couldn't help but agree that he was a rather respectable cat. It just... was hard.

Her eyes flicked back to Jasminepaw, "They will be." she murmured before flicking her tail over her shoulder. "There are some wounds that take time to heal... and we can't do anything about it other than wait." she offered a small smile, "We could try to find some honey or something when we go out looking for herbs. I'm sure if we brought some back, the kits would be a bit happier."

She caught sight of Mothstar and Laurelhawk in the background and her ears perked a little bit. Part of her wondered what they were talking about... that and she needed to talk to the leader anyways. So she nudged Jasminepaw and started to walk over there.

As Mothstar called out, she bowed her head to both the leader and the new deputy. "It's nice to see you both this morning, live and well." she then offered a small smile at Mothstar's question. "Hopefully. I'm hoping we'll get some kind of news. But Jasminepaw and I were about to go out looking for some more herbs to stalk up before winter." she glanced to Laurelhawk. "Do you have a warrior that could accompany us?"
Mothstar | Shadowclan | Laurelhawk, Jasminepaw, Cidermoon

Mothstar's eyes were clouded as she padded around, glancing about the clan clearing. But her eyes widened a little bit as she saw Laurelhawk doing patrols. She smiled a little bit, perhaps he would be a good Deputy, what Shadowclan needs. But something gnawed in her belly... perhaps the doubt of being able to serve her clan rightfully. She hoped so.

Nodding her head, the leader moved her shoulders back and presented herself a bit taller than she had been. Afterall, she was the leader of the best clan around the lake. She had to be presentable... "Good morning Laurelhawk." she purred, her tone still hinting a tinge of sadness.

"I am, but I'm sure you will serve your clan just as well as Ratwhisker had. Besides, he's still watching over us, I gotta remember that." she glanced upwards before glancing back down to Laurelhawk. He mentioned Diamondback and her eyes flicked to the she-cat....and then she glanced back down to the tom infront of her. "Nono, it's good, I'm glad you did. I was meaning to tell you to double the patrols around the border, and to make sure no one goes without another cat around. But do be sure to get a hunting patrol started."

Then he added a question, and she frowned and shook her head. "No, it's fine, Laurelhawk."

Her ears perked a bit as Cidermoon came over with Jasminepaw, and her brows lifted a bit. "Cidermoon! Just the Medicine cat I wanted to see, are you thinking about going to Moonpool today?"

Cidermoon | Shadowclan | Jasminepaw, Mothstar, Laurelhawk

Cidermoon flicked her ear at her apprentice's words and she turned her head towards her with a soft sigh. "Yeah..." she murmured with a bit of a huff. "But I really don't want to get a warrior to come with us." she glanced to Jasminepaw and offered a small smile. "They have too hard of pawsteps to ever do what we do." she joked.

But she really did mean it.

But as Jasminepaw mentioned Ratwhisker's family, she glanced over that way and frowned. Of course, Cidermoon always had a weird relationship with the deputy, being that he was one of the cats in her apprenticeship day that had bullied her. But he grew out of it rather quickly, and she couldn't help but agree that he was a rather respectable cat. It just... was hard.

Her eyes flicked back to Jasminepaw, "They will be." she murmured before flicking her tail over her shoulder. "There are some wounds that take time to heal... and we can't do anything about it other than wait." she offered a small smile, "We could try to find some honey or something when we go out looking for herbs. I'm sure if we brought some back, the kits would be a bit happier."

She caught sight of Mothstar and Laurelhawk in the background and her ears perked a little bit. Part of her wondered what they were talking about... that and she needed to talk to the leader anyways. So she nudged Jasminepaw and started to walk over there.

As Mothstar called out, she bowed her head to both the leader and the new deputy. "It's nice to see you both this morning, live and well." she then offered a small smile at Mothstar's question. "Hopefully. I'm hoping we'll get some kind of news. But Jasminepaw and I were about to go out looking for some more herbs to stalk up before winter." she glanced to Laurelhawk. "Do you have a warrior that could accompany us?"
iwd6mnF.png ......
the name's sage! | i promise i'm not scary
25 • he / him • neutral good
Lilypaw | Thunderclan Apprentice | Eaglebrook

Lilypaw blinked in surprise as her mentor dodged her in such a elegant manor. "Woah!" She squeaked, bouncing on her paw tips as he mentor described to her what she had just done. Lilypaw nodded, her brows furrowing in nervousness as her mentor told her to do the same thing.

The brown and white striped she-cat looked locked her eyes on mentor as her mentor leaped off the ground and at her position. Lilypaw for the a split second lost focus of what she was doing as she watched a leaf flutter to the ground beside her.
She squealed with shock as she regained focus and clumsily slipped away from Eaglebrook. Her pelt burned with embarrassment. "S-sorry Eaglebrook.."
Lilypaw | Thunderclan Apprentice | Eaglebrook

Lilypaw blinked in surprise as her mentor dodged her in such a elegant manor. "Woah!" She squeaked, bouncing on her paw tips as he mentor described to her what she had just done. Lilypaw nodded, her brows furrowing in nervousness as her mentor told her to do the same thing.

The brown and white striped she-cat looked locked her eyes on mentor as her mentor leaped off the ground and at her position. Lilypaw for the a split second lost focus of what she was doing as she watched a leaf flutter to the ground beside her.
She squealed with shock as she regained focus and clumsily slipped away from Eaglebrook. Her pelt burned with embarrassment. "S-sorry Eaglebrook.."
fTNmH4a.png image.png
Andromeda
They conversed in the language of the constellations
image-1.png tumblr-nvumg1r32b1udenrno4-100.pngtumblr-nvumm3-Yk-Aw1udenrno4-100.png
Eaglebrook | Riverclan Warrior | Lilypaw

Eaglebrook landed just beyond Lilypaw with a soft grunt, spraying up sand. The apprentice had slipped away, but in a clumsy fashion that any well-trained Warrior would immediately correct for. She turned to face the young cat.

"There's no need to apologise," Eaglebrook said, approaching her apprentice and running her tail over her shoulder, "but I want you to understand how important it is to get this right."

The expression on Eaglebrook's face was serious. To her, battle was an extremely serious business. Staying alive to fight another day was serious business, and making sure that her apprentice would stand a chance if she somehow came face to face with this murderer was very serious business.

"Have I ever told you about my mentor, Lilypaw?" she sat a few paces off, and went through the motions of the pounce-deflecting move again, exaggerating her movements so that the young cat could copy them.

"You probably were too small to remember her if she was still with us when you were born, but she taught me something when I was your age that really spoke to me."

She could still remember it clearly, and for a moment it was like she was back in the camp, scrambling madly about under Warriors' paws with her siblings, a tiny, fluffy kit barely bigger than a squirrel. Eaglebrook was always the rash one, bringing trouble about her wherever she went, brawling with her brothers and taunting her sisters. She wasn't aware of it at the time, but her parents had grown greatly concerned about her penchant for recklessness, and were at a loss for what to do.

Enter Barenose. Although, she'd been known as Bluefin then. A respected Riverclan Warrior, with many battles under her belt and the limp to prove it. She was on the brink of moving into the Elder's den, but she was still one of the first cats to rise for the morning hunt every single day.

Eaglebrook was still smarting from the rejection of her peers, having been outcast for her increasingly unfair play-fighting techniques, as she desperately tried to even the odds with her larger brothers. Now alone, Eaglebrook followed the apprentices, pestering them until she'd received a clip on the ear for her troubles. Bluefin approached her.

"What do you want?" Eaglebrook glowered, the expression somewhat comical on her small and fluffy face. Her fur was still dishevelled from where the older cat's swipe had barrelled her to the ground.

"I was just wondering why you're over here instead of playing with your siblings..." Bluefin's expression was innocent, which only made Eaglebrook more angry. The kit grumbled, and looked away.

"I've heard that you're almost big enough to become an apprentice, now? Aren't you excited?"

Anger bubbled up in the off-white kit, and it escaped her before she could clamp her mouth shut.

"Excited?" Eaglebrook growled, turning to aggressively lick the tousled fur back into place, "To become a second-rate Warrior, who will never win at anything? I'll probably just end up like you; limping around, old, and good for nothing."

Instead of getting offended, like Eaglebrook expected, Bluefin's mouth split in a grin. She chuckled.

"I thought you were a little smarter than that." Her tone was mild, and she didn't react to Eaglebrook's bristling fur at the comment. "Is that what you think being a Warrior is about? Fighting? Overpowering your opponents with sheer brawn?"

Bluefin shook her head.

"Being a Warrior is about the Clan, not about yourself. The Clan must be fed, it must be protected, and it must be honoured. There is no honour in attacking from the shadows, or striking without warning. Honour is about feeding the kits, tending to your Elders, and listening to Starclan. Our Leader didn't gain their nine lives by squabbling over who won what!"

Eaglebrook stared at the Warrior, whose declaration seemed to have shed years from her age-wearied frame. Bluefin's bright azure eyes flashed.

"I've been in more battles than you can count," she said, "but when I go to Starclan, that's not what I'm going to be remembered for. I'll be remembered for my dedication to this Clan; and those who simply lazed about until it was time to fight will disappear from memory."

The grey-white kit frowned, suddenly seeing this old Warrior in a different light. She had often wondered why her parents had spoken of this small, scarred cat like she was worthy of great respect. Maybe this was why.

"But what do I do when my brothers make fun of me?" she finally said in a small voice.

Bluefin grinned, a sly note entering her voice. "Raise your head high, ignore them, work to become the best Warrior you can be... and train in secret!"

Suddenly in the training circle again, Eaglebrook smiled fondly, and lowered herself to all four paws again.

"Don't apologise for making a mistake, just work to do better!"

She crouched and leapt at Lilypaw again.
Eaglebrook | Riverclan Warrior | Lilypaw

Eaglebrook landed just beyond Lilypaw with a soft grunt, spraying up sand. The apprentice had slipped away, but in a clumsy fashion that any well-trained Warrior would immediately correct for. She turned to face the young cat.

"There's no need to apologise," Eaglebrook said, approaching her apprentice and running her tail over her shoulder, "but I want you to understand how important it is to get this right."

The expression on Eaglebrook's face was serious. To her, battle was an extremely serious business. Staying alive to fight another day was serious business, and making sure that her apprentice would stand a chance if she somehow came face to face with this murderer was very serious business.

"Have I ever told you about my mentor, Lilypaw?" she sat a few paces off, and went through the motions of the pounce-deflecting move again, exaggerating her movements so that the young cat could copy them.

"You probably were too small to remember her if she was still with us when you were born, but she taught me something when I was your age that really spoke to me."

She could still remember it clearly, and for a moment it was like she was back in the camp, scrambling madly about under Warriors' paws with her siblings, a tiny, fluffy kit barely bigger than a squirrel. Eaglebrook was always the rash one, bringing trouble about her wherever she went, brawling with her brothers and taunting her sisters. She wasn't aware of it at the time, but her parents had grown greatly concerned about her penchant for recklessness, and were at a loss for what to do.

Enter Barenose. Although, she'd been known as Bluefin then. A respected Riverclan Warrior, with many battles under her belt and the limp to prove it. She was on the brink of moving into the Elder's den, but she was still one of the first cats to rise for the morning hunt every single day.

Eaglebrook was still smarting from the rejection of her peers, having been outcast for her increasingly unfair play-fighting techniques, as she desperately tried to even the odds with her larger brothers. Now alone, Eaglebrook followed the apprentices, pestering them until she'd received a clip on the ear for her troubles. Bluefin approached her.

"What do you want?" Eaglebrook glowered, the expression somewhat comical on her small and fluffy face. Her fur was still dishevelled from where the older cat's swipe had barrelled her to the ground.

"I was just wondering why you're over here instead of playing with your siblings..." Bluefin's expression was innocent, which only made Eaglebrook more angry. The kit grumbled, and looked away.

"I've heard that you're almost big enough to become an apprentice, now? Aren't you excited?"

Anger bubbled up in the off-white kit, and it escaped her before she could clamp her mouth shut.

"Excited?" Eaglebrook growled, turning to aggressively lick the tousled fur back into place, "To become a second-rate Warrior, who will never win at anything? I'll probably just end up like you; limping around, old, and good for nothing."

Instead of getting offended, like Eaglebrook expected, Bluefin's mouth split in a grin. She chuckled.

"I thought you were a little smarter than that." Her tone was mild, and she didn't react to Eaglebrook's bristling fur at the comment. "Is that what you think being a Warrior is about? Fighting? Overpowering your opponents with sheer brawn?"

Bluefin shook her head.

"Being a Warrior is about the Clan, not about yourself. The Clan must be fed, it must be protected, and it must be honoured. There is no honour in attacking from the shadows, or striking without warning. Honour is about feeding the kits, tending to your Elders, and listening to Starclan. Our Leader didn't gain their nine lives by squabbling over who won what!"

Eaglebrook stared at the Warrior, whose declaration seemed to have shed years from her age-wearied frame. Bluefin's bright azure eyes flashed.

"I've been in more battles than you can count," she said, "but when I go to Starclan, that's not what I'm going to be remembered for. I'll be remembered for my dedication to this Clan; and those who simply lazed about until it was time to fight will disappear from memory."

The grey-white kit frowned, suddenly seeing this old Warrior in a different light. She had often wondered why her parents had spoken of this small, scarred cat like she was worthy of great respect. Maybe this was why.

"But what do I do when my brothers make fun of me?" she finally said in a small voice.

Bluefin grinned, a sly note entering her voice. "Raise your head high, ignore them, work to become the best Warrior you can be... and train in secret!"

Suddenly in the training circle again, Eaglebrook smiled fondly, and lowered herself to all four paws again.

"Don't apologise for making a mistake, just work to do better!"

She crouched and leapt at Lilypaw again.
Spiral Aloe Collector

Manyleaves Collector
wrmgy.png
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 19 20