Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Closed for Remodeling
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
Yeah, lemme find time.
Yeah, lemme find time.
YLpz8d9K_o.gif
@itsThirteen

Oh my gosh, I know that feeling too, haha. No worries.
@itsThirteen

Oh my gosh, I know that feeling too, haha. No worries.
wind_banner.png qvTNuJR.png wind_banner.png
What do you guys think? Should I go ahead and introduce Garrik or should I leave him as the unattainable chase item (at least for a bit)?

EDIT:

@NekotheKat @itsThirteen @Morningstar666 @Kersom

Oops, maybe if I'm asking a question I should, you know, ping the people I'm asking. xD
What do you guys think? Should I go ahead and introduce Garrik or should I leave him as the unattainable chase item (at least for a bit)?

EDIT:

Oops, maybe if I'm asking a question I should, you know, ping the people I'm asking. xD
I think u should! @BroomHare
I think u should! @BroomHare
@BoomHare
Sounds good!
@BoomHare
Sounds good!
@broomhare Go right ahead!
@broomhare Go right ahead!
u online? @BroomHare
u online? @BroomHare
@NekotheKat

Yup. Working on Garrik's intro.
@NekotheKat

Yup. Working on Garrik's intro.
Kewl @BroomHare tell meh when u r ready!
Kewl @BroomHare tell meh when u r ready!
Konner Garrik barreled through Axxila's alleyways, splashing through the grimy puddles and panting hard. He had to get as far away from that shuttle as possible. He skidded around a corner, blue eyes wide, before he skittered to a halt on the slick pavement. A realization hit him. He stared down at his uniform. That was going to get him spotted very quickly. Running a hand through his short black hair in panic, he looked to the hat in his other hand and whipped it back toward the ship. His jacket too, he realized, would be painfully obvious. stuffing his code cylinders safely into his pants pockets, he struggled out of it quickly, leaving him with only the undershirt beneath. He gave himself another once-over. Not great, but it would have to do. Starting to take off again, he only made it a few steps before looking back at the pile of discarded clothes and shaking his head. No good. That looked like a trail. Bouncing on his feet in a moment of indecision, he looked between the alleyway he'd been headed down and then back the direction he'd come.

That was it.

At top speed, he raced back the way he'd come. Let them have the trail. If it was going to send them in the wrong direction, then let it. He carried himself as fast as possible down the streets and back roads until he couldn't breath, and even then, leaning heavily on the wall of one of the towering skyscrapers packed claustrophobically around him, he checked constantly over his shoulder. He also watched the skies. He didn't know precisely how long he had to hide himself, but if he knew the Empire, it wouldn't be long. He made quick work of examining the shops around as he caught his breath. A few grimy clubs, a greasy spoon and-

His eyes widened. "Perfect."

Across the way from him was a cheap-looking clothing shop. Checking to see he wouldn't be run over, the former-captain darted across the street and ducked inside.

Ten minutes later he reemerged, nearly broke( having only what he always carried in his pockets to begin with), but disguised. Dark-blue pants replaced the steel-gray trousers of the Imperial uniform, and a pale-green collared shirt covered the undershirt he'd arrived in. He pulled a grey cloak over his shoulders as he stepped out of the building, checking the skies again.

Three ships. He cursed under his breath. Kriff, they were fast. Checking about one last time, he wrapped the cloak around himself tightly, half for disguise, and half to keep out the chill that was already seeping into his skin through his thinner clothes. As he walked, he also pulled the hood over his head. Those strong features that had done him so well in school were going to be a strong disadvantage now. Gritting his teeth, he headed for the only place he could think to hide on a planet like this: the same place everyone else did. As casually as he could manage, Garrik ducked into the nearest bar.

Konner Garrik barreled through Axxila's alleyways, splashing through the grimy puddles and panting hard. He had to get as far away from that shuttle as possible. He skidded around a corner, blue eyes wide, before he skittered to a halt on the slick pavement. A realization hit him. He stared down at his uniform. That was going to get him spotted very quickly. Running a hand through his short black hair in panic, he looked to the hat in his other hand and whipped it back toward the ship. His jacket too, he realized, would be painfully obvious. stuffing his code cylinders safely into his pants pockets, he struggled out of it quickly, leaving him with only the undershirt beneath. He gave himself another once-over. Not great, but it would have to do. Starting to take off again, he only made it a few steps before looking back at the pile of discarded clothes and shaking his head. No good. That looked like a trail. Bouncing on his feet in a moment of indecision, he looked between the alleyway he'd been headed down and then back the direction he'd come.

That was it.

At top speed, he raced back the way he'd come. Let them have the trail. If it was going to send them in the wrong direction, then let it. He carried himself as fast as possible down the streets and back roads until he couldn't breath, and even then, leaning heavily on the wall of one of the towering skyscrapers packed claustrophobically around him, he checked constantly over his shoulder. He also watched the skies. He didn't know precisely how long he had to hide himself, but if he knew the Empire, it wouldn't be long. He made quick work of examining the shops around as he caught his breath. A few grimy clubs, a greasy spoon and-

His eyes widened. "Perfect."

Across the way from him was a cheap-looking clothing shop. Checking to see he wouldn't be run over, the former-captain darted across the street and ducked inside.

Ten minutes later he reemerged, nearly broke( having only what he always carried in his pockets to begin with), but disguised. Dark-blue pants replaced the steel-gray trousers of the Imperial uniform, and a pale-green collared shirt covered the undershirt he'd arrived in. He pulled a grey cloak over his shoulders as he stepped out of the building, checking the skies again.

Three ships. He cursed under his breath. Kriff, they were fast. Checking about one last time, he wrapped the cloak around himself tightly, half for disguise, and half to keep out the chill that was already seeping into his skin through his thinner clothes. As he walked, he also pulled the hood over his head. Those strong features that had done him so well in school were going to be a strong disadvantage now. Gritting his teeth, he headed for the only place he could think to hide on a planet like this: the same place everyone else did. As casually as he could manage, Garrik ducked into the nearest bar.

1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11