Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | A Diplomatic Death (Day Two)
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 15
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7015286] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/70153/7015286_350.png[/img] [/url] Tiaka sat at the edge of the clearing, underneath the canopy of one of the trees, which cast dappled shadows over her scales. Rook, her Death Seeker familiar, perched above her on one of its branches, observing each and every delegate with the fierce glare of his singular large eye. Tiaka did the same, but with a bit less intensity than her avian companion. She was more curious than suspicious, and also a little shy, a rare feeling for someone so chatty as her. She couldn't help but feel rather out of place among so many strangers. She didn't want to come across as timid though, so she got up, clutching her pearl to her chest with one hand, and began to meander over towards the buffet table. Rook let out a cautious caw, hesitant for her to leave his presence under the tree where he could safely watch over her, but she cast him a reassuring glance over her shoulder, and he reluctantly settled. Turning back, she began to search the many dishes of food lain out for the guests, and hoped that she'd also strike up a conversation with someone while perusing her options. (This will probably be my only post for the night, since it's late here, but I thought I'd go on and get a head start.)

7015286_350.png

Tiaka sat at the edge of the clearing, underneath the canopy of one of the trees, which cast dappled shadows over her scales. Rook, her Death Seeker familiar, perched above her on one of its branches, observing each and every delegate with the fierce glare of his singular large eye. Tiaka did the same, but with a bit less intensity than her avian companion. She was more curious than suspicious, and also a little shy, a rare feeling for someone so chatty as her. She couldn't help but feel rather out of place among so many strangers.

She didn't want to come across as timid though, so she got up, clutching her pearl to her chest with one hand, and began to meander over towards the buffet table. Rook let out a cautious caw, hesitant for her to leave his presence under the tree where he could safely watch over her, but she cast him a reassuring glance over her shoulder, and he reluctantly settled. Turning back, she began to search the many dishes of food lain out for the guests, and hoped that she'd also strike up a conversation with someone while perusing her options.

(This will probably be my only post for the night, since it's late here, but I thought I'd go on and get a head start.)
IzaDclC.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13828314] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/138284/13828314_350.png[/img] [/url] Moncha pulled her cloak a bit tighter around her shoulders. As nice as it was to be here, the idea of simply being left alone with a group of strangers was a bit foreign to her. She was much more used to schedules and introductions. Her clan always made a point of introducing everyone before letting them out on their own. Then again, this was a meeting of all flights; it was understandable if things didn't operate like they did in the Expanses. Well, a snack wouldn't hurt. Her stomach was starting to cramp. The beetles that had been served on the train weren't cutting it. She fluttered to the buffet and perched delicately on the back of a chair, eyeing the offerings. She grabbed a plate and carefully scooped a handful of pillbugs onto it, returning to her perch, content to sit on the sides for now.

13828314_350.png

Moncha pulled her cloak a bit tighter around her shoulders. As nice as it was to be here, the idea of simply being left alone with a group of strangers was a bit foreign to her. She was much more used to schedules and introductions. Her clan always made a point of introducing everyone before letting them out on their own.

Then again, this was a meeting of all flights; it was understandable if things didn't operate like they did in the Expanses.

Well, a snack wouldn't hurt. Her stomach was starting to cramp. The beetles that had been served on the train weren't cutting it.

She fluttered to the buffet and perched delicately on the back of a chair, eyeing the offerings. She grabbed a plate and carefully scooped a handful of pillbugs onto it, returning to her perch, content to sit on the sides for now.
@ShoggyDancer [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/151224/15122365_350.png?mtime=Vbr6zAACOVo.png[/img] A small fae flapped over to the buffet looked hungrily at a bowl of fruit. She picked up a tiny berry, and inspected it. She put it back down and moved onto a plate of grasshoppers. She picked one up and carefully ate it. The light dragon looked around, seeing another fae, this one black and green, nearby. She flapped over. "Hello," she simply said.
@ShoggyDancer
15122365_350.png?mtime=Vbr6zAACOVo.png
A small fae flapped over to the buffet looked hungrily at a bowl of fruit. She picked up a tiny berry, and inspected it. She put it back down and moved onto a plate of grasshoppers. She picked one up and carefully ate it.

The light dragon looked around, seeing another fae, this one black and green, nearby. She flapped over. "Hello," she simply said.
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13803175] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/138032/13803175_350.png[/img] [/url] Zircon smiled, his large tail swishing over his forepaws as he sat down. He didn't mind a wait. If anything, that could mean he'd be sleeping out among the stars, where the cool breeze reminded him of his clan of birth. However, the breeze did nothing to satiate an empty stomach. The ride here hadn't offered much. By the time it was his turn to order, all the had were a few small stink beetles. He didn't mind them. In fact, bugs were a pretty good food source at times, but only a couple wouldn't help him at all. He wandered over to the buffet, wondering just what they had. He felt like he could eat the entire course served to the delegates, table and all, but he figured that wouldn't do much good. He lifted a plate of his own, his gaze scanning over each savory entree. He didn't know if another dragon would speak with him, but he wouldn't mind. He was rather laid-back at the moment, after all. Besides, who would miss the chance to meet new dragons~?

13803175_350.png

Zircon smiled, his large tail swishing over his forepaws as he sat down. He didn't mind a wait. If anything, that could mean he'd be sleeping out among the stars, where the cool breeze reminded him of his clan of birth. However, the breeze did nothing to satiate an empty stomach. The ride here hadn't offered much. By the time it was his turn to order, all the had were a few small stink beetles. He didn't mind them. In fact, bugs were a pretty good food source at times, but only a couple wouldn't help him at all. He wandered over to the buffet, wondering just what they had. He felt like he could eat the entire course served to the delegates, table and all, but he figured that wouldn't do much good. He lifted a plate of his own, his gaze scanning over each savory entree. He didn't know if another dragon would speak with him, but he wouldn't mind. He was rather laid-back at the moment, after all. Besides, who would miss the chance to meet new dragons~?
sgriffin-3988-7_44_47_7_5_1.png
Pklc9an.png
Clockwork
08atrGc.pngJ7D1quC.png
FXwV0CB.pngFObX7rS.pngSaronai's Free Star Lighting Raffle. Over 3kg in prizes. Ends February 1st. Click to learn more!
Eclipse
LCqISMP.pngDXTcInl.png
11efmKl.pngxjB7OSe.png
CnMSNyK.pngYMPbu9R.png
RFRWPUM.png
wVdpf6V.png

IBK-63.png
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Former First Column Spacer ^^^^^^^^^
@Nimbasa [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=11274199] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/112742/11274199_350.png[/img] [/url] Saphira walked around the edge of the clearing, her tail twitching as she surveyed the other diplomats. They were a diverse group, she was pleased to see. All these different species and personalities mingling in one place was sure to make for an entertaining stay. After a while, she'd had her fill of watching the others, and decided to find someone to talk to. She meandered over to the buffet, looking over the selection and licking her lips. She made her way up the table until she was next to a Pearlcatcher wearing goggles. Saphira wondered what clan she represented. "Hello there. Lovely weather we're having, isn't it? (OOC I probably won't be posting any more tonight either, I need to sleep. XP)
@Nimbasa

11274199_350.png

Saphira walked around the edge of the clearing, her tail twitching as she surveyed the other diplomats.

They were a diverse group, she was pleased to see. All these different species and personalities mingling in one place was sure to make for an entertaining stay.

After a while, she'd had her fill of watching the others, and decided to find someone to talk to. She meandered over to the buffet, looking over the selection and licking her lips.

She made her way up the table until she was next to a Pearlcatcher wearing goggles. Saphira wondered what clan she represented. "Hello there. Lovely weather we're having, isn't it?

(OOC I probably won't be posting any more tonight either, I need to sleep. XP)
@Shiisiln

Tiaka was busy filling up her plate with a few berries and some fireflies when she was approached by a speckled blue Guardian. She smiled to her, glad to have someone to talk to while waiting for their lodging to be prepared. Realizing she still had her goggles on, she quickly pulled them off, revealing her flame colored eyes, and let them hang loosely around her neck.

"Indeed! We're lucky to have such a nice night for a meeting," Tiaka replied. "Here, why don't you sit down? There's lots of good food on this end of the table," she said, shifting over to give Saphira some space to settle beside her.

(Alright, THIS is my last post for the night. Night guys!)
@Shiisiln

Tiaka was busy filling up her plate with a few berries and some fireflies when she was approached by a speckled blue Guardian. She smiled to her, glad to have someone to talk to while waiting for their lodging to be prepared. Realizing she still had her goggles on, she quickly pulled them off, revealing her flame colored eyes, and let them hang loosely around her neck.

"Indeed! We're lucky to have such a nice night for a meeting," Tiaka replied. "Here, why don't you sit down? There's lots of good food on this end of the table," she said, shifting over to give Saphira some space to settle beside her.

(Alright, THIS is my last post for the night. Night guys!)
IzaDclC.png
@ShoggyDancer @Shadowlugia711 [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15124348] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/151244/15124348_350.png[/img] [/url] Simon stood and stretched. He had arrived rather early to the gathering-after all, it was common knowledge that being early was better than being late. He eyed the other dragons wearily. How many would he have to argue with this time? Plague dragons weren't exactly welcomed amongst other flights-which he supposed was fairly understandable. Who liked being ill? Who liked dying? Still, it wasn't fair to blame him and his kin for it. He sighed and brushed off his waistcoat. Oh well. He'd been invited here, and that was that. He shuffled over to the buffet, then stopped at the sight of a familiar black Fae in a long brown cloak. He took the seat next to her. "Good evening, Lady Moncha. I was unaware that you'd been invited to the gathering." He realized he'd interrupted the other Fae and ducked his head in apology. "Sorry. Please continue with your conversation. I'll wait."
@ShoggyDancer @Shadowlugia711

15124348_350.png

Simon stood and stretched. He had arrived rather early to the gathering-after all, it was common knowledge that being early was better than being late.

He eyed the other dragons wearily. How many would he have to argue with this time? Plague dragons weren't exactly welcomed amongst other flights-which he supposed was fairly understandable. Who liked being ill? Who liked dying?

Still, it wasn't fair to blame him and his kin for it.

He sighed and brushed off his waistcoat. Oh well. He'd been invited here, and that was that.

He shuffled over to the buffet, then stopped at the sight of a familiar black Fae in a long brown cloak.

He took the seat next to her. "Good evening, Lady Moncha. I was unaware that you'd been invited to the gathering."

He realized he'd interrupted the other Fae and ducked his head in apology. "Sorry. Please continue with your conversation. I'll wait."
gqS46t9.png
@RamshackleInn @Shadowlugia711

Moncha giggled at Simon's bashful apology. "It's quite alright, Sir Simon. I haven't spoke just yet."

She knew Simon somewhat well. She had voyaged to his clan many times in the interest of settling a peace treaty or two. He was quite the gentledrake-a rare and sadly vanishing species.

She turned back to the stranger, all smiles. "Hello, dear. Quite the spread, isn't it?" she said, gesturing to the assorted snacks set before them.
@RamshackleInn @Shadowlugia711

Moncha giggled at Simon's bashful apology. "It's quite alright, Sir Simon. I haven't spoke just yet."

She knew Simon somewhat well. She had voyaged to his clan many times in the interest of settling a peace treaty or two. He was quite the gentledrake-a rare and sadly vanishing species.

She turned back to the stranger, all smiles. "Hello, dear. Quite the spread, isn't it?" she said, gesturing to the assorted snacks set before them.
@ClockworkEclipse (@Moonwater-my username is WavesOf[i]Woe[/i] not WavesOfWow. Just a heads up. :) ) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15324898] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/153249/15324898_350.png[/img] [/url] Innokenti stood and stretched, his pearl stored safely in a sling across his back. It had been quite the trip here-the train had been noisy and cramped, and most of the dragons there could've done with a bath or two. The fresh air was simply wonderful after the funk of fifty or so dirty, sweaty- [i]Now now, Inn. That won't get you any friends.[/i] He sighed and walked over to the buffet. He wasn't particularly hungry, but that's where everyone else was heading-and the sooner he could learn about the others, the quicker he could plan. He grinned at a nearby Imperial. "Nice vest. Where'd you get it?"
@ClockworkEclipse

(@Moonwater-my username is WavesOfWoe not WavesOfWow. Just a heads up. :) )

15324898_350.png

Innokenti stood and stretched, his pearl stored safely in a sling across his back. It had been quite the trip here-the train had been noisy and cramped, and most of the dragons there could've done with a bath or two. The fresh air was simply wonderful after the funk of fifty or so dirty, sweaty-

Now now, Inn. That won't get you any friends.

He sighed and walked over to the buffet. He wasn't particularly hungry, but that's where everyone else was heading-and the sooner he could learn about the others, the quicker he could plan.

He grinned at a nearby Imperial. "Nice vest. Where'd you get it?"
gqS46t9.png
@WavesOfWoe

Zircon smiled back at the Pearlcatcher, puffing out his chest with pride. "I made it myself, actually. Well, tried to. I had some help." He saw the dragon didn't seem to be getting anything yet. "So, did the trip here satisfy your hunger, then?" He asked, chuffing slightly. "Because it did nothing for me. I swear I could eat an Emperor if I had the chance! Wait, scrap that, and make it a pile of food as big as an Emperor. I don't think I'd be able to stomach one of those guys, being an Imperial and all."
@WavesOfWoe

Zircon smiled back at the Pearlcatcher, puffing out his chest with pride. "I made it myself, actually. Well, tried to. I had some help." He saw the dragon didn't seem to be getting anything yet. "So, did the trip here satisfy your hunger, then?" He asked, chuffing slightly. "Because it did nothing for me. I swear I could eat an Emperor if I had the chance! Wait, scrap that, and make it a pile of food as big as an Emperor. I don't think I'd be able to stomach one of those guys, being an Imperial and all."
sgriffin-3988-7_44_47_7_5_1.png
Pklc9an.png
Clockwork
08atrGc.pngJ7D1quC.png
FXwV0CB.pngFObX7rS.pngSaronai's Free Star Lighting Raffle. Over 3kg in prizes. Ends February 1st. Click to learn more!
Eclipse
LCqISMP.pngDXTcInl.png
11efmKl.pngxjB7OSe.png
CnMSNyK.pngYMPbu9R.png
RFRWPUM.png
wVdpf6V.png

IBK-63.png
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa