Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | A Diplomatic Death (Day Two)
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
@Nimbasa

Saphira led the way over to the banquet table once again. She kept her body relaxed and her walk casual, but her eyes swept back and forth over the crowd, keeping careful watch over her surroundings.

She didn't have much of an appetite, but she pushed herself to peruse the selection anyway. Toying absently with a stick of fried grasshoppers, she turned to Tiaka. "I am considering myself lucky that I ate my fill at the banquet last night," she said.
@Nimbasa

Saphira led the way over to the banquet table once again. She kept her body relaxed and her walk casual, but her eyes swept back and forth over the crowd, keeping careful watch over her surroundings.

She didn't have much of an appetite, but she pushed herself to peruse the selection anyway. Toying absently with a stick of fried grasshoppers, she turned to Tiaka. "I am considering myself lucky that I ate my fill at the banquet last night," she said.
@Shiisiln

Tiaka had filled up a plate full of her favorite foods, including a heaping pile of fireflies, but like Saphira she too was having trouble doing anything but push the morsels around with her claw.

"I'm glad I did too, but I don't think last night's dinner is gonna carry me through the day," she said, frowning. Rook, who now sat on the tabletop next to Tiaka's plate, eyed her breakfast hungrily. She pushed a beetle towards him and he quickly snapped it up with his beak.

Tiaka shook her head. "It's just too horrible, what happened. And also too strange. Just one dragon sneaking into the kitchen in the middle of the night and downing some poison is odd, but four? It's unheard of."
@Shiisiln

Tiaka had filled up a plate full of her favorite foods, including a heaping pile of fireflies, but like Saphira she too was having trouble doing anything but push the morsels around with her claw.

"I'm glad I did too, but I don't think last night's dinner is gonna carry me through the day," she said, frowning. Rook, who now sat on the tabletop next to Tiaka's plate, eyed her breakfast hungrily. She pushed a beetle towards him and he quickly snapped it up with his beak.

Tiaka shook her head. "It's just too horrible, what happened. And also too strange. Just one dragon sneaking into the kitchen in the middle of the night and downing some poison is odd, but four? It's unheard of."
IzaDclC.png
@Nimbasa

Saphira forced herself to down a couple of smoked fish. Once she started eating, her stomach began to settle and she found herself gradually calming down.

he looked sharply over at Tiaka. "So I take it I'm not the only one who finds these circumstances to be somewhat... suspicious?" she asked. She wanted to tread carefully on this subject; voicing her doubts too strongly would make it seem like she was fearmongering.
@Nimbasa

Saphira forced herself to down a couple of smoked fish. Once she started eating, her stomach began to settle and she found herself gradually calming down.

he looked sharply over at Tiaka. "So I take it I'm not the only one who finds these circumstances to be somewhat... suspicious?" she asked. She wanted to tread carefully on this subject; voicing her doubts too strongly would make it seem like she was fearmongering.
@Shiisiln

She glanced at the Guardian with an arched brow. "Who wouldn't? Everything about this is fishy. The location, the time, the cause of death... None of it makes sense and I don't like it. It's absurd. No one gets up in the middle of the night, says 'hm, I could go for a midnight snack', wanders over to the kitchens, and gulps down a jug of some substance that was clearly labeled as a scientific experiment without hesitation! What was the experiment doing in there in the first place? What were they even gonna do with that stuff?"

An angry sigh escaped her. She was letting herself get carried away. After giving herself a second to cool down, she continued on more calmly.

"I just wish those four were getting a proper sendoff right now. It's a shame that their bodies are still just laying over there in the kitchen while we're here munching on our breakfast like nothing happened. I suppose I shouldn't be too worked up about it, Asura and the others are obviously in a frenzy to sort out this mess, so I shouldn't give them so much grief."
@Shiisiln

She glanced at the Guardian with an arched brow. "Who wouldn't? Everything about this is fishy. The location, the time, the cause of death... None of it makes sense and I don't like it. It's absurd. No one gets up in the middle of the night, says 'hm, I could go for a midnight snack', wanders over to the kitchens, and gulps down a jug of some substance that was clearly labeled as a scientific experiment without hesitation! What was the experiment doing in there in the first place? What were they even gonna do with that stuff?"

An angry sigh escaped her. She was letting herself get carried away. After giving herself a second to cool down, she continued on more calmly.

"I just wish those four were getting a proper sendoff right now. It's a shame that their bodies are still just laying over there in the kitchen while we're here munching on our breakfast like nothing happened. I suppose I shouldn't be too worked up about it, Asura and the others are obviously in a frenzy to sort out this mess, so I shouldn't give them so much grief."
IzaDclC.png
@Nimbasa

Saphira repressed a smile as Tiaka got steamed up. The other dragons seemed to have a real passionate streak to her. She's got more os the Flamecaller in her than you can tell by first appearances.

She nodded thoughtfully as Tiaka brought up her second point. "I'm sure that there will be a send-off organized at some point soon."
@Nimbasa

Saphira repressed a smile as Tiaka got steamed up. The other dragons seemed to have a real passionate streak to her. She's got more os the Flamecaller in her than you can tell by first appearances.

She nodded thoughtfully as Tiaka brought up her second point. "I'm sure that there will be a send-off organized at some point soon."
@Shiisiln

She brushed her claws gently through Rook's feathers, still trying to smother her anger away. She greatly admired how calm and collected Saphira was in the face of all this mess, especially when compared to her own attitude so far. Suddenly Tiaka found herself slightly embarrassed at her brief outburst, and silently scolded herself for letting her frustration get the best of her.

"I hope you're right. Maybe once some of the political nonsense is out of the way we'll get a chance to give those dragons some proper respect. I just shudder to imagine what their clans will think when they get word that their representatives are dead. Can you even picture what it would be like to receive a message like that?"
@Shiisiln

She brushed her claws gently through Rook's feathers, still trying to smother her anger away. She greatly admired how calm and collected Saphira was in the face of all this mess, especially when compared to her own attitude so far. Suddenly Tiaka found herself slightly embarrassed at her brief outburst, and silently scolded herself for letting her frustration get the best of her.

"I hope you're right. Maybe once some of the political nonsense is out of the way we'll get a chance to give those dragons some proper respect. I just shudder to imagine what their clans will think when they get word that their representatives are dead. Can you even picture what it would be like to receive a message like that?"
IzaDclC.png
@Nimbasa

Saphira shuddered. "I can imagine how horrible that would be. These clans have trusted their advisors to the hospitality of strangers; it would be a dire blow to see that trust betrayed."

She shifted and put her plate down. She hadn't quite sated her appetite, but she was done eating. "I can only be thankful it is not my clan receiving that message. Although there are probably those who would be glad to see the back of me, I'd hate to upset my mate, or my colleagues."

@Nimbasa

Saphira shuddered. "I can imagine how horrible that would be. These clans have trusted their advisors to the hospitality of strangers; it would be a dire blow to see that trust betrayed."

She shifted and put her plate down. She hadn't quite sated her appetite, but she was done eating. "I can only be thankful it is not my clan receiving that message. Although there are probably those who would be glad to see the back of me, I'd hate to upset my mate, or my colleagues."

@CandelCavren

Simon hummed in response, not entirely sure on how to respond to his comment. "It...it is rather distressing. I find it hard to believe that it was-"

No. That wasn't going to make the Pearlcatcher feel any better.

"N-never mind. Why don't we go to the other side of the clearing, away from the crowd? Maybe some fresh air will help us a bit."
@CandelCavren

Simon hummed in response, not entirely sure on how to respond to his comment. "It...it is rather distressing. I find it hard to believe that it was-"

No. That wasn't going to make the Pearlcatcher feel any better.

"N-never mind. Why don't we go to the other side of the clearing, away from the crowd? Maybe some fresh air will help us a bit."
gqS46t9.png
@Rafikii @Nimbasa @Lummox @Shadowlugia711 @Shiisiln @Jolti @CandelCavren @WaterWolf600 @ShoggyDancer @Kazzle @RamshackleInn

So, I think we all know that this game has sort of rolled over and died. In light of the lack of participation, I will be closing this game down. Very sorry for this, but there are only a few of you that actively participate.

Shiisiln, you may reclaim the items you sent to me to be prizes.
@Rafikii @Nimbasa @Lummox @Shadowlugia711 @Shiisiln @Jolti @CandelCavren @WaterWolf600 @ShoggyDancer @Kazzle @RamshackleInn

So, I think we all know that this game has sort of rolled over and died. In light of the lack of participation, I will be closing this game down. Very sorry for this, but there are only a few of you that actively participate.

Shiisiln, you may reclaim the items you sent to me to be prizes.
HJ96ihU.pngGSD8hcq.pngMm9DGm5.png
@Moonwater
Hello! I’m actually a little gutted about this, I can see why you’ve take this action and to be fair I’ve noticed a few RPs dying out recently and sad to see this one too being as I loved the idea and when you think of who much time and effort you put in I do thank you even if it was only for a short time.

Also I’m starting all my GCSE’s this term and everything’s completely hectic but that aside I think (even if it might not of gone to plan this time) you should give this another shot! And if you do I would defiantly try to make more time for it!

@Moonwater
Hello! I’m actually a little gutted about this, I can see why you’ve take this action and to be fair I’ve noticed a few RPs dying out recently and sad to see this one too being as I loved the idea and when you think of who much time and effort you put in I do thank you even if it was only for a short time.

Also I’m starting all my GCSE’s this term and everything’s completely hectic but that aside I think (even if it might not of gone to plan this time) you should give this another shot! And if you do I would defiantly try to make more time for it!

QBilaUP.pnghttps://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/3282077
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15