Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [MJ24] - Mistral Meals (Closed!)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23 24
Rokoshi new he didn't have much time but was determined to give it a go. He claimed a work station and stated the grill. He would make kebabs from the Sublime peacock, Deep sea lobster, and the Horn of plenty. From the Horn of plenty he would utilize the peppers, squash, and artichoke as the vegetables in the kabob. The midnight Pearlcatcher was a blur around the kitchen as he tried to get things organized. He slammed a pot of water on the grill to start heating for the lobster and started chopping the thigh portion of the peacock and getbit cooking. Next he cut into the gord and chopped a few cubes, just enough for a few skewers. If he messed one up that would be that, only 1 spare.

Rokoshi sliced the peppers and artichoke and got them on the grill as well. He took several pinches from an all purpose poultry and seafood to season the food as it cooked. He hoped it wasn't too salty. He just didn't have the time to make his own blend. He also applied more melted butter and gave everything a turn. The Flamecaller would have been proud of him as he stuck a bare paw into the boiling pot to retrieve the lobster.

He assembled his kabobs and rushed for the judges stand with only seconds to spare. It was certainly not his best work. What a mess but at least he finished and everything was cooked. Thank the Icewarden for that. He sat down in a weary heap to hear the results of day one.
Rokoshi new he didn't have much time but was determined to give it a go. He claimed a work station and stated the grill. He would make kebabs from the Sublime peacock, Deep sea lobster, and the Horn of plenty. From the Horn of plenty he would utilize the peppers, squash, and artichoke as the vegetables in the kabob. The midnight Pearlcatcher was a blur around the kitchen as he tried to get things organized. He slammed a pot of water on the grill to start heating for the lobster and started chopping the thigh portion of the peacock and getbit cooking. Next he cut into the gord and chopped a few cubes, just enough for a few skewers. If he messed one up that would be that, only 1 spare.

Rokoshi sliced the peppers and artichoke and got them on the grill as well. He took several pinches from an all purpose poultry and seafood to season the food as it cooked. He hoped it wasn't too salty. He just didn't have the time to make his own blend. He also applied more melted butter and gave everything a turn. The Flamecaller would have been proud of him as he stuck a bare paw into the boiling pot to retrieve the lobster.

He assembled his kabobs and rushed for the judges stand with only seconds to spare. It was certainly not his best work. What a mess but at least he finished and everything was cooked. Thank the Icewarden for that. He sat down in a weary heap to hear the results of day one.
tXKbExw.pngCinnamonThief
@Mistral Meals General Pinglist
@Mistral Meals Challenges Only

Day 2's challenge is up and ready to go!
@Mistral Meals General Pinglist
@Mistral Meals Challenges Only

Day 2's challenge is up and ready to go!
tumblr_ntxrqoqrD01sk2f1lo1_500.png
[center][font=georgia][size=6][b]-Day 2-[/b][/size] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/91713710][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=16&bodygene=247&breed=24&element=2&eyetype=12&gender=1&tert=64&tertgene=244&winggene=279&wings=47&auth=bbab59fd03d8e473c5c3978f708d54789dc77e92&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][/center][rule][font=georgia] Sherburst quickly went up to the ingredient table and gathered her items, sure of what she would make today. [center][font=georgia][item=Ruby-Throated Hummingbird][item=Fishy Cotton Candy][item=Longneck Winter Rations] Ruby-Throated Hummingbird / Fishy Cotton Candy / Longneck Winter Rations[/center][font=georgia]She defeathered and emptied her bird and fish like before, notably quicker than last time due to the small size of the items. She let the fish cook in the cotton candy in a pan, keeping watch as so the sugar didn't caramelize completely, and ground up the hummingbird into smaller pieces. After each of the two meats were cooking in separate pans, she crumbled up the oats from the Winter Rations and set them in a bowl. Once the meat was cooked, she chopped the fish into small pieces and mixed them all in with the oats, added some spices to give it a kick, and some more sugar to make it a touch more sweet.. Sherburst put down her tray holding this odd creation and felt the need to explain her dish. Though quiet and a bit shaky, she managed to get the words out. [i]"Hummingbirds are naturally sweet to me due to their diets in nectar, sometimes insects. I took the cotton candy part of this ingredient, let it cook in with the fish to give it a bit more of that sweetness we need to balance the hummingbird, and lastly incoperated the oats from the Longneck Winter Rations to make a larger protein bar! So I present to you the [b]Sweet-Meat Oat Bar[/b]!"[/i]
-Day 2-
dragon?age=1&body=16&bodygene=247&breed=24&element=2&eyetype=12&gender=1&tert=64&tertgene=244&winggene=279&wings=47&auth=bbab59fd03d8e473c5c3978f708d54789dc77e92&dummyext=prev.png

Sherburst quickly went up to the ingredient table and gathered her items, sure of what she would make today.
Ruby-Throated Hummingbird Fishy Cotton Candy Longneck Winter Rations
Ruby-Throated Hummingbird / Fishy Cotton Candy / Longneck Winter Rations
She defeathered and emptied her bird and fish like before, notably quicker than last time due to the small size of the items. She let the fish cook in the cotton candy in a pan, keeping watch as so the sugar didn't caramelize completely, and ground up the hummingbird into smaller pieces. After each of the two meats were cooking in separate pans, she crumbled up the oats from the Winter Rations and set them in a bowl. Once the meat was cooked, she chopped the fish into small pieces and mixed them all in with the oats, added some spices to give it a kick, and some more sugar to make it a touch more sweet..

Sherburst put down her tray holding this odd creation and felt the need to explain her dish. Though quiet and a bit shaky, she managed to get the words out.

"Hummingbirds are naturally sweet to me due to their diets in nectar, sometimes insects. I took the cotton candy part of this ingredient, let it cook in with the fish to give it a bit more of that sweetness we need to balance the hummingbird, and lastly incoperated the oats from the Longneck Winter Rations to make a larger protein bar! So I present to you the Sweet-Meat Oat Bar!"

o2nagQx.png
mlHpBMC.png

FObX7rS.png
EEEEE
Formally DrShadowCipher
- When using for art games please use scries of my dragons!
- Badge Addict
EEEEE T8jnlRr.jpg
(Nooooo I just missed yesterdays i thought id posted mine :"""""""""""""(((((( )

Hummingbirds were the first thing to stand out to Pyre, carefully plucking the feathers off and roasting them with her flames. Good, and the organs would actually help something so small be more than a morsel to most dragons, but not quite there.

Next, honeybees. While some were preprepared, the fae decided to take matters into her own hands. Climbing a nearby tree, she smoked out a small hive, although... She may have overdone it. At least it saved her from having to cook the bees herself?

Climbing back down, she carefully scraped the honey from the combs, making sure no insect limbs would still be inside, and let it boil in a pot along with the roasted hummingbirds.

Then she moved to the cotton-candy and nuts, taking out the fish and tossing it into the same honeyed pot. The nuts she could also honey roast, but she had a different idea.

Sure, it was overly decorative and cutesy, but she could always claim it was just for style points. She affixed bits of the cotton candy to the nuts, making faces and little hairdos with the accuracy of a dragon so small and so detail oriented it hurt.

When the honey roasted birds and fish were done, she arranged them on a plate along with the nuts to fill in any gaps. And what the heck, she added the feathers she plucked in a circle around the plate before bringing it over to the judges stand. Who wouldn't want a bit more flair?

(my entry for yesterday bc ik its over an hour but i still figured its worth showing just in case)

Pyre flitted over, looking at the area. So, a cooking competition? She did alchemy, her first daughter had done cooking for the Flamecaller. She could do this.

Apparently she didn't even need to sign up, was just ushered to a table with the ingredients on it. Weird, but she wasn't complaining.

The first thing she did was pin down all the blue flies, roasting them until they were perfectly crispy. They were one of her favorite foods, after all, and when she pulled the wings off, they were the perfect bite sized snack.

Then, the bird and lobster. She had no use for the feathers, but she didn't mean to literally burn them up. Peeling back the layer of charred skin did give her an idea though, and she stuffed some of the veggies from the horn of plenty in there.

She had been provided with a pot and water, so she set those in there to boil while she carved away at the lobster. As far as she was concerned, the only things worth eating were the tail and claws, so she separated those? She baked the outside shell, but she was pretty sure you could eat seafood raw, so she left it at that.

When all was said and done, she had a stuffed bird and some nice lobster claws and tail, with quite a few roasted bugs to boot. Even if it was amateurly made, she was proud to set it at the judges table.
(Nooooo I just missed yesterdays i thought id posted mine :"""""""""""""(((((( )

Hummingbirds were the first thing to stand out to Pyre, carefully plucking the feathers off and roasting them with her flames. Good, and the organs would actually help something so small be more than a morsel to most dragons, but not quite there.

Next, honeybees. While some were preprepared, the fae decided to take matters into her own hands. Climbing a nearby tree, she smoked out a small hive, although... She may have overdone it. At least it saved her from having to cook the bees herself?

Climbing back down, she carefully scraped the honey from the combs, making sure no insect limbs would still be inside, and let it boil in a pot along with the roasted hummingbirds.

Then she moved to the cotton-candy and nuts, taking out the fish and tossing it into the same honeyed pot. The nuts she could also honey roast, but she had a different idea.

Sure, it was overly decorative and cutesy, but she could always claim it was just for style points. She affixed bits of the cotton candy to the nuts, making faces and little hairdos with the accuracy of a dragon so small and so detail oriented it hurt.

When the honey roasted birds and fish were done, she arranged them on a plate along with the nuts to fill in any gaps. And what the heck, she added the feathers she plucked in a circle around the plate before bringing it over to the judges stand. Who wouldn't want a bit more flair?

(my entry for yesterday bc ik its over an hour but i still figured its worth showing just in case)

Pyre flitted over, looking at the area. So, a cooking competition? She did alchemy, her first daughter had done cooking for the Flamecaller. She could do this.

Apparently she didn't even need to sign up, was just ushered to a table with the ingredients on it. Weird, but she wasn't complaining.

The first thing she did was pin down all the blue flies, roasting them until they were perfectly crispy. They were one of her favorite foods, after all, and when she pulled the wings off, they were the perfect bite sized snack.

Then, the bird and lobster. She had no use for the feathers, but she didn't mean to literally burn them up. Peeling back the layer of charred skin did give her an idea though, and she stuffed some of the veggies from the horn of plenty in there.

She had been provided with a pot and water, so she set those in there to boil while she carved away at the lobster. As far as she was concerned, the only things worth eating were the tail and claws, so she separated those? She baked the outside shell, but she was pretty sure you could eat seafood raw, so she left it at that.

When all was said and done, she had a stuffed bird and some nice lobster claws and tail, with quite a few roasted bugs to boot. Even if it was amateurly made, she was proud to set it at the judges table.
Hi!! If you need anything, let me know!! I'm trying to start a hatchery eventually, but I have a few breeding projects in the meantime. I also do art!

bXf32iD.png
xxx PiAyg8i.png

[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/43551006][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/435511/43551006_350.png[/img][/url] Honey Bunch arrives, late to the challenge but eager. He grabs his ingredients and goes off on a fruitcake. First off, he removes the tongues from the [b]hummingbirds[/b], and boils the tongues in a sugar syrup. The [b]honeybees [/b]get deep fried. He mashes up the [b]winter rations[/b] in food processor, and mixes the resulting flour with eggs and oil, to make a thick batter. The cinnamon and nutmeg are already in the rations! Into the batter he drops some dried cherries, the candied bird tongues, and the fried bees. Into the oven for an hour to bake. Waiting time. He pulls out a book to read. Once the cake is out and cooling, he starts on the topping He drizzles some rose water into the [b]cotton candy[/b], and it turns into a thick glaze. He drizzles it over the fruitcake. For presentation, he serves a slice with a cup of jasmine tea.
43551006_350.png

Honey Bunch arrives, late to the challenge but eager. He grabs his ingredients and goes off on a fruitcake.
First off, he removes the tongues from the hummingbirds, and boils the tongues in a sugar syrup.
The honeybees get deep fried.
He mashes up the winter rations in food processor, and mixes the resulting flour with eggs and oil, to make a thick batter. The cinnamon and nutmeg are already in the rations!
Into the batter he drops some dried cherries, the candied bird tongues, and the fried bees.
Into the oven for an hour to bake. Waiting time. He pulls out a book to read.
Once the cake is out and cooling, he starts on the topping
He drizzles some rose water into the cotton candy, and it turns into a thick glaze. He drizzles it over the fruitcake.
For presentation, he serves a slice with a cup of jasmine tea.
uDNAbBS.png
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/56050724][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/560508/56050724_350.png[/img][/url] "Hmn," Zolin grunted to herself. Definitely a stranger mix than the first batch, but she could work with it. She'd have to involve plant material, much to her distaste, but it would work better that way. First, she gestured to the dragon clad in Ice apparel. "Can you freeze this jar of bees for me? I don't care how, I just need them deceased." That done, she took the fishy cotton candy, the bees, and the longneck granola rations back to her workspace, quickly setting up a double boiler on the stove. Using a bit of butter from yesterday, mostly to grease the pan, she then set to work melting down the cotton candy, eventually boiling it down to a sugary muck with fish parts interspersed. She pulled it from the heat, using the time it took to cool some to crumble up the granola. She then added the granola and bees to it slowly, stirring as she went. Finally, she poured the far more solid mixture into a pan. After that cooled down, she cut it into even rectangles, stacking it artfully on a plate for the judges.
56050724_350.png
"Hmn," Zolin grunted to herself. Definitely a stranger mix than the first batch, but she could work with it. She'd have to involve plant material, much to her distaste, but it would work better that way. First, she gestured to the dragon clad in Ice apparel.
"Can you freeze this jar of bees for me? I don't care how, I just need them deceased."
That done, she took the fishy cotton candy, the bees, and the longneck granola rations back to her workspace, quickly setting up a double boiler on the stove. Using a bit of butter from yesterday, mostly to grease the pan, she then set to work melting down the cotton candy, eventually boiling it down to a sugary muck with fish parts interspersed. She pulled it from the heat, using the time it took to cool some to crumble up the granola. She then added the granola and bees to it slowly, stirring as she went. Finally, she poured the far more solid mixture into a pan. After that cooled down, she cut it into even rectangles, stacking it artfully on a plate for the judges.
NM0r94k.png Ala3t4v.png
D9xaprH.png
ypcKWM0.png
9R2Unq1.png
nnBylsC.png
ZqTATLu.png
V9BoEMC.png
5hF3FGk.png
7UXlQKU.gif
q9EEy5M.png
878OlvW.png
[center][b]Day 2: Monday[/b] [columns] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/64286962][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/642870/64286962.png[/img][/url][nextcol][br][br] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/76645321][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/766454/76645321_350.png[/img][/url][/columns][/center] Mr. Meat has chosen to exercise the dial a friend option today. Stheno brings his championship baking expertise to the challenge; sweets are his specialty. After a hushed consultation with the myopic coatl, he guides him back out to the spectator section and then hustles over to his grill. Crepes! They're sweet! They also come in savoury, which means meat right? And its basically just really thin fried bread. He can do this! The oat rations get ground up in his largest spice mortar, bashed to powder with the pestle. Some milk and egg later, he's got a... kind of batter. The snack sized birds and bees are tossed in a skillet over the flames and finished with a quick glaze, and the cotton candy will stand in for cream. Or cheese. Depending on your crepe. Then the real challenge begins. Flipping those weird pancakes.
Day 2: Monday
64286962.png

76645321_350.png

Mr. Meat has chosen to exercise the dial a friend option today. Stheno brings his championship baking expertise to the challenge; sweets are his specialty. After a hushed consultation with the myopic coatl, he guides him back out to the spectator section and then hustles over to his grill.

Crepes! They're sweet! They also come in savoury, which means meat right? And its basically just really thin fried bread. He can do this! The oat rations get ground up in his largest spice mortar, bashed to powder with the pestle. Some milk and egg later, he's got a... kind of batter. The snack sized birds and bees are tossed in a skillet over the flames and finished with a quick glaze, and the cotton candy will stand in for cream. Or cheese. Depending on your crepe. Then the real challenge begins. Flipping those weird pancakes.
tumblr_inline_nbe8duyTA81qg78ij.png m2YbpzO.png Xx3ZGyj.png
[quote]Use at least THREE of the following ingredients in your entry: Ruby-Throated Hummingbird / Honeybee / Fishy Cotton Candy / Longneck winter rations[/quote] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/89500818][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/895009/89500818_350.png[/img][/url] Hmm... Mus Rattus isn't a dessert expert, but he comes up with something interesting. A crunch-glazed hummingbird skewer! First, he prepares the hummingbird by removing the feathers, similar to how you would prepare a chicken. The sweet meat is then threaded onto skewers. For the glaze, he takes a jar of honeybee honey, which comes with bits of honeybee suspended in the delicious golden syrup, and mixes in some crushed longneck winter rations. The result is a sauce that has some crunch to it! To add a bit of extra depth to the flavor, he also takes some centaur nut mix and blends it to create a delicious nut butter, which he then applies to the hummingbird skewers. Then, he paints some of the honey glaze on top. He places them over a grill, and once the skewers are done they are a golden brown, with the meat inside still tender. Delicious! (This was very hard to come up with something XD)
Quote:
Use at least THREE of the following ingredients in your entry:
Ruby-Throated Hummingbird / Honeybee / Fishy Cotton Candy / Longneck winter rations

89500818_350.png

Hmm... Mus Rattus isn't a dessert expert, but he comes up with something interesting. A crunch-glazed hummingbird skewer! First, he prepares the hummingbird by removing the feathers, similar to how you would prepare a chicken. The sweet meat is then threaded onto skewers.

For the glaze, he takes a jar of honeybee honey, which comes with bits of honeybee suspended in the delicious golden syrup, and mixes in some crushed longneck winter rations. The result is a sauce that has some crunch to it!

To add a bit of extra depth to the flavor, he also takes some centaur nut mix and blends it to create a delicious nut butter, which he then applies to the hummingbird skewers. Then, he paints some of the honey glaze on top.

He places them over a grill, and once the skewers are done they are a golden brown, with the meat inside still tender. Delicious!

(This was very hard to come up with something XD)
TntJeP6.png M7v69JN.png
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/19986709][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/199868/19986709_350.png[/img][/url][/center] The Spiral beamed while looking at today's selection of sweet ingredients. Somehow, the hummingbirds and honeybees didn't even seem out of place to him. The most interesting ingredients were often the ones you wouldn’t think of first. But no bird today, escaping ingredients were troublesome to deal with, he thought while grabbing a jar of honeybees. [center][item=honeybee][item=Longneck Winter rations][item=Fishy Cotton candy][/center] He was browsing through the other available ingredients. There were plentiful to choose from, the pantries were filled to the brim. Leonidas stopped before a shelf with boxes full of various fruits and took a small box of apples. Crunchy and juicy, they will undoubtedly make a delightful dessert. He grabbed some condiments and rushed to a table, eager to start working. [center][item=Red delicious apple][item=cinnamon] [/center] Without further ado, Leonidas mixed honey, sugar and water in a saucepan. Then, he added the bees, along with a pinch of ground cinnamon. He crumbled the winter rations into a small bowl and inserted a stick into each apple while the preparation was heating. A sweet scent wafted through the air as the mixture was starting to boil. He dipped the apples into it, covering neatly the fruits with syrup and rolling it in the crumbled rations. Afterwards, he decorated them with some chunks of cotton candy. All done! Candied apples, with an interesting texture. Extra crunchy and fluffy. Leonidas happily took a bite of an apple and strolled around the tables. It was a quick recipe and there was still plenty of time left. He wondered which kind of delicious sweets the other participants were preparing.
19986709_350.png

The Spiral beamed while looking at today's selection of sweet ingredients. Somehow, the hummingbirds and honeybees didn't even seem out of place to him. The most interesting ingredients were often the ones you wouldn’t think of first.
But no bird today, escaping ingredients were troublesome to deal with, he thought while grabbing a jar of honeybees.
Honeybee Longneck Winter Rations Fishy Cotton Candy

He was browsing through the other available ingredients. There were plentiful to choose from, the pantries were filled to the brim. Leonidas stopped before a shelf with boxes full of various fruits and took a small box of apples. Crunchy and juicy, they will undoubtedly make a delightful dessert. He grabbed some condiments and rushed to a table, eager to start working.
Red Delicious Apple Cinnamon
Without further ado, Leonidas mixed honey, sugar and water in a saucepan. Then, he added the bees, along with a pinch of ground cinnamon.
He crumbled the winter rations into a small bowl and inserted a stick into each apple while the preparation was heating.

A sweet scent wafted through the air as the mixture was starting to boil.
He dipped the apples into it, covering neatly the fruits with syrup and rolling it in the crumbled rations. Afterwards, he decorated them with some chunks of cotton candy.
All done! Candied apples, with an interesting texture. Extra crunchy and fluffy.

Leonidas happily took a bite of an apple and strolled around the tables. It was a quick recipe and there was still plenty of time left.
He wondered which kind of delicious sweets the other participants were preparing.
SVrf4gw.pngoO4Btix.pnghi!
[quote=Day 2] Use at least [b]THREE[/b] of the following ingredients in your entry: [center] [item= Ruby-Throated Hummingbird][item= Honeybee][item= Fishy Cotton Candy][item= Longneck winter rations] [b]Ruby-Throated Hummingbird[/b] / [b]Honeybee[/b] / [s]Fishy Cotton Candy[/s] / [b]Longneck winter rations[/b] [/center] [/quote] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/70169796][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/701698/70169796_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Fen frowns in thought. He opens the icebox, placing 6 rations inside. He observes the fish with suspicion and smells the candy. "Well, I hate to say this, but let's not use the seafood this time. Instead, we'll be using the hummingbird." - After a little discussion, the veilspun returns with ten more hummingbirds. Soon, about 750 grams of poultry sits diced in a bowl, with the bones removed and discarded. "Add about a teaspoon of cornstarch and a dash of salt and pepper" - Fen lights the stove, adding a pot with about a cup of water to boil. He pulls out a small tray with ice water to the side. "So these honeybees have a sweet, nutty flavor, which goes well with most dishes. Now twist to remove the torso where the legs are attatched: we only want to be left with the softer parts. Then pinch off the bitter stinger" Nimble hands work to fill up a cup with this ingredient, which he then slides into the water. "Just a few seconds, there." Just as the shell turns transparent, Fen strains the water and drops the food into ice water. "Do this perfectly and you'll have a soft shell, but the meat is on the side of undercooked and there is no loss of flavor." Fen pours the ice and water out, tapping the abdomen into their original, smaller bowl. - The container for ice water is given a quick wipe down. "Now, let's break up the rations one by one by placing it in a sheet of baking paper and hitting it a little. Don't worry, they won't stick because they are frozen. You'll have to be fast though!" He measures out two cups of flour adding those to a second tray, then adds about half a cup of cornstarch. - After sliding the crushed bars into said bowl, he cracks two eggs into a shallow bowl and whisks them until the mixture is more or less a consistent yellow color. "This is when we add the wok to the fire. Drop in about half a liter of sunflower oil." - Now he adds two cups of milk to the poultry. "Mix. The oil should be hot now-yes. Shake off the milk, roll in the flour, coat in the egg, roll into the crushed bars, drop into the oil, fry in small batches until lightly yellow for about three minutes, don't forget to stir gently to prevent sticking, take them out and put them in the strainer." Fen turns around with a secretive smile. "Now... We wait for a minute for the batter to absorb the juices and... Put the pieces back in for a second fry. until they are golden and the oil reaches about 400F." Directly after he fries the abdomens shortly until they turn a delicate golden and puff up like crispy marbles. A nutty fragrance fills the kitchen as Fen drops the balls onto a raster to ensure that they stay crisp. - After frying the poultry, he takes out a large orange, juicing it and adding a spoon of vinegar and oyster sauce. The orange part of the peel is then carefully cut off and sliced, then placed into another bowl. In a smaller cup, he mixes a tablespoon of cornstarch with a spoon of water. - Then he removes the sunflower oil and wipes down the wok, dropping a tablespoon of the sunflower oil back in as he heats the wok up again. "Now add the rinds. Keep stirring! Remember that there should be no white part on the rind, because that would make it bitter. Stir and add in the juice, water and starch mixture, another spoon of oil. Cook until sauce is syrupy, then add the abdomen the poultry." He scoops the orange-drizzled fried poultry and rind out and ladles the remaining sauce on top, serving it with the fried honeybee on top. "Quickly, come and enjoy when it's most crispy!"
Day 2 wrote:

Use at least THREE of the following ingredients in your entry:
Ruby-Throated Hummingbird Honeybee Fishy Cotton Candy Longneck Winter Rations
Ruby-Throated Hummingbird / Honeybee / Fishy Cotton Candy / Longneck winter rations
70169796_350.png

Fen frowns in thought. He opens the icebox, placing 6 rations inside. He observes the fish with suspicion and smells the candy.

"Well, I hate to say this, but let's not use the seafood this time. Instead, we'll be using the hummingbird."

-

After a little discussion, the veilspun returns with ten more hummingbirds. Soon, about 750 grams of poultry sits diced in a bowl, with the bones removed and discarded.

"Add about a teaspoon of cornstarch and a dash of salt and pepper"

-

Fen lights the stove, adding a pot with about a cup of water to boil. He pulls out a small tray with ice water to the side.

"So these honeybees have a sweet, nutty flavor, which goes well with most dishes. Now twist to remove the torso where the legs are attatched: we only want to be left with the softer parts. Then pinch off the bitter stinger"

Nimble hands work to fill up a cup with this ingredient, which he then slides into the water.

"Just a few seconds, there."

Just as the shell turns transparent, Fen strains the water and drops the food into ice water.

"Do this perfectly and you'll have a soft shell, but the meat is on the side of undercooked and there is no loss of flavor."

Fen pours the ice and water out, tapping the abdomen into their original, smaller bowl.

-

The container for ice water is given a quick wipe down.

"Now, let's break up the rations one by one by placing it in a sheet of baking paper and hitting it a little. Don't worry, they won't stick because they are frozen. You'll have to be fast though!"

He measures out two cups of flour adding those to a second tray, then adds about half a cup of cornstarch.

-

After sliding the crushed bars into said bowl, he cracks two eggs into a shallow bowl and whisks them until the mixture is more or less a consistent yellow color.

"This is when we add the wok to the fire. Drop in about half a liter of sunflower oil."

-

Now he adds two cups of milk to the poultry.

"Mix. The oil should be hot now-yes. Shake off the milk, roll in the flour, coat in the egg, roll into the crushed bars, drop into the oil, fry in small batches until lightly yellow for about three minutes, don't forget to stir gently to prevent sticking, take them out and put them in the strainer."

Fen turns around with a secretive smile.

"Now... We wait for a minute for the batter to absorb the juices and... Put the pieces back in for a second fry. until they are golden and the oil reaches about 400F."

Directly after he fries the abdomens shortly until they turn a delicate golden and puff up like crispy marbles. A nutty fragrance fills the kitchen as Fen drops the balls onto a raster to ensure that they stay crisp.

-

After frying the poultry, he takes out a large orange, juicing it and adding a spoon of vinegar and oyster sauce. The orange part of the peel is then carefully cut off and sliced, then placed into another bowl.

In a smaller cup, he mixes a tablespoon of cornstarch with a spoon of water.

-

Then he removes the sunflower oil and wipes down the wok, dropping a tablespoon of the sunflower oil back in as he heats the wok up again.

"Now add the rinds. Keep stirring! Remember that there should be no white part on the rind, because that would make it bitter. Stir and add in the juice, water and starch mixture, another spoon of oil. Cook until sauce is syrupy, then add the abdomen the poultry."

He scoops the orange-drizzled fried poultry and rind out and ladles the remaining sauce on top, serving it with the fried honeybee on top.

"Quickly, come and enjoy when it's most crispy!"
Duanwu will shamelessly eat your likes. Art by celaine.
Some day, there will be art here.
Wishlist | Lore [WIP] | Gallery | Archive
G1 sales thread here.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Harvest RaffleKeikoKat's Raffe
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23 24