Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [MJ24] - Mistral Meals (Closed!)
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 23 24
[center][u][b]Day 2[/b][/u] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/23111612][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/231117/23111612_350.png[/img][/url] [item=Ruby-Throated Hummingbird][item=Honeybee][item=Fishy Cotton Candy][item=Longneck winter rations] [i][b]Ruby-Throated Hummingbird / Honeybee / Fishy Cotton Candy / Longneck winter rations[/b][/i][/center] It was a challenge to think of a dish that incorporated all of the ingredients, especially given the mix of sweet and non-sweet ingredients. Snickerdoodle finally settled on making a casserole, chopping up the [b]Ruby-Throated Hummingbirds, Honeybees[/b], and fish from the [b]Fishy Cotton Candy[/b] into shreds and placing them in a glass casserole pan. She topped the casserole with a layer of crushed-up [b]Longneck winter rations[/b], then placed the pan in the oven to bake. Once the casserole was done, Snickerdoodle took the pan out of the oven and placed it on the counter to cool. Once the dish was at the perfect temperature, she'd cut it and serve it to everyone to enjoy.
Day 2
23111612_350.png
Ruby-Throated Hummingbird Honeybee Fishy Cotton Candy Longneck Winter Rations
Ruby-Throated Hummingbird / Honeybee / Fishy Cotton Candy / Longneck winter rations

It was a challenge to think of a dish that incorporated all of the ingredients, especially given the mix of sweet and non-sweet ingredients. Snickerdoodle finally settled on making a casserole, chopping up the Ruby-Throated Hummingbirds, Honeybees, and fish from the Fishy Cotton Candy into shreds and placing them in a glass casserole pan. She topped the casserole with a layer of crushed-up Longneck winter rations, then placed the pan in the oven to bake.

Once the casserole was done, Snickerdoodle took the pan out of the oven and placed it on the counter to cool. Once the dish was at the perfect temperature, she'd cut it and serve it to everyone to enjoy.
Na5WGHa.png
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/53785539][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/537856/53785539_350.png[/img][/url] [B][i]Day 2[/i][/b] “You want me to make sweets? Out of that??” She looked skeptically at the ingredients, especially the hummingbird. When no one laughed or even grinned, she figured they were serious and went to her cooking station with the ingredients. [I]Honey bees, naturally sweetened apparently. Longneck winter rations. Beastclan food, but certainly sweet and high energy. Fishy cotton candy was one of her personal favorite treats, but for this she probably shouldn't leave it plain. Ruby-throated hummingbird. Apparently they have a sweet tooth.[/i] She plucked a bit of the cotton candy to munch while she considered. If fish could be candied, so could other proteins perhaps? Staring at the bird, an idea formed. “There's no time limit, right?” Even without a direct answer, she figured she had until the next challenge. So about a day. That should be enough. She hauled over a smoker, cut the humming bird meat into thin strips, and left it to the low heat wood chips. With that done she had the rest of the day to complete the plot. Next she took the bees and began cooking them in honey. It only seemed fitting. Once it was all bubbling and thickly coated the back of a metal spoon, she let it cool down, stirring occasionally. To her delight, sugary crystals formed and coated the bees. She scooped them out one by one onto parchment paper so the candied drops could cool completely. She carefully melted down the cotton candy with some water and turned it into a thick pink syrup that smelled delightfully fishy. Seeing the sickly sweet bar and now working on her second sugary liquid, she knew this recipe needed something fresh. Something with a different flavor. Yogurt! She went and grabbed some plain yogurt from the fridge. With generous spoonfuls she swirled the syrup into the slightly sour base. Finally a dish was starting to form in her mind. She broke up the ration bars and toasted them a little in the oven. Meanwhile she spooned the cotton candy yogurt into tall glasses, layering handfuls of candied bees between every few spoonfuls. When the meat had finally smoked enough, she took it out and diced it into tiny pieces. Then she mixed the hummingbird meat up with the super sweet granola and sprinkled it on top. Proud of her work, she brought the cups over to the supervisors. “Today I've made for you a sweet and salty candy parfait! Its got the rations and smoked hummingbird crumbled atop cotton candy yogurt and candied honeybees.”
53785539_350.png
Day 2
“You want me to make sweets? Out of that??” She looked skeptically at the ingredients, especially the hummingbird. When no one laughed or even grinned, she figured they were serious and went to her cooking station with the ingredients.
Honey bees, naturally sweetened apparently.
Longneck winter rations. Beastclan food, but certainly sweet and high energy.
Fishy cotton candy was one of her personal favorite treats, but for this she probably shouldn't leave it plain.
Ruby-throated hummingbird. Apparently they have a sweet tooth.

She plucked a bit of the cotton candy to munch while she considered. If fish could be candied, so could other proteins perhaps? Staring at the bird, an idea formed.
“There's no time limit, right?” Even without a direct answer, she figured she had until the next challenge. So about a day. That should be enough.
She hauled over a smoker, cut the humming bird meat into thin strips, and left it to the low heat wood chips. With that done she had the rest of the day to complete the plot.
Next she took the bees and began cooking them in honey. It only seemed fitting. Once it was all bubbling and thickly coated the back of a metal spoon, she let it cool down, stirring occasionally. To her delight, sugary crystals formed and coated the bees. She scooped them out one by one onto parchment paper so the candied drops could cool completely.
She carefully melted down the cotton candy with some water and turned it into a thick pink syrup that smelled delightfully fishy. Seeing the sickly sweet bar and now working on her second sugary liquid, she knew this recipe needed something fresh. Something with a different flavor.
Yogurt! She went and grabbed some plain yogurt from the fridge. With generous spoonfuls she swirled the syrup into the slightly sour base.
Finally a dish was starting to form in her mind. She broke up the ration bars and toasted them a little in the oven. Meanwhile she spooned the cotton candy yogurt into tall glasses, layering handfuls of candied bees between every few spoonfuls. When the meat had finally smoked enough, she took it out and diced it into tiny pieces. Then she mixed the hummingbird meat up with the super sweet granola and sprinkled it on top.
Proud of her work, she brought the cups over to the supervisors. “Today I've made for you a sweet and salty candy parfait! Its got the rations and smoked hummingbird crumbled atop cotton candy yogurt and candied honeybees.”
Looking for some dragons!futYkXZ.pngw8o0xW1.png
Day 2: Monday [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/91814605][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/918147/91814605_350.png[/img][/url] Lavender's eyes lit up as he hears about the next cooking prompt. Sweet treats are his speciality. He goes to prepare a nice batter and puts it equally in two round cake forms before putting those in the oven. While those are warming up, he makes a tasty mousse from the flesh of the hummingbird and the fishy cotton candy. When the two round cakes are done, he puts the first one on a plate and covers the top with the sweet mousse. Then the other round cake goes on top of it. To finish off the cake, he surrounds it with a layer of marscepone and garnishes it with the crumbled longneck winter rations (I hope this is still on time despite being posted after rollover. I had a tiring workday yesterday)
Day 2: Monday

91814605_350.png

Lavender's eyes lit up as he hears about the next cooking prompt. Sweet treats are his speciality. He goes to prepare a nice batter and puts it equally in two round cake forms before putting those in the oven. While those are warming up, he makes a tasty mousse from the flesh of the hummingbird and the fishy cotton candy. When the two round cakes are done, he puts the first one on a plate and covers the top with the sweet mousse. Then the other round cake goes on top of it. To finish off the cake, he surrounds it with a layer of marscepone and garnishes it with the crumbled longneck winter rations

(I hope this is still on time despite being posted after rollover. I had a tiring workday yesterday)
jt3PpxV.pngdxdR1C3.png2uwgHqB.png
@Mistral Meals General Pinglist
@Mistral Meals Challenges Only

Day 3 has started!
@Mistral Meals General Pinglist
@Mistral Meals Challenges Only

Day 3 has started!
tumblr_ntxrqoqrD01sk2f1lo1_500.png
@NonBuneary

You're good! The cutoff isn't rollover but rather "before I update the thread" (around 4:00 FRT, but taking consideration of the fact it can take me a bit to wake up)
@NonBuneary

You're good! The cutoff isn't rollover but rather "before I update the thread" (around 4:00 FRT, but taking consideration of the fact it can take me a bit to wake up)
tumblr_ntxrqoqrD01sk2f1lo1_500.png
[quote name="@Jeevas" date="2024-03-25 22:47:29" ] @Sylvandyr too tired to RP but Felnyr's "dish" is absolutely horrifying, thank you for that imagery (sincere, lol) [/quote] Hehe, I hope no one had to consume that monstrosity, because oh gosh.
@Jeevas wrote on 2024-03-25 22:47:29:
@Sylvandyr too tired to RP but Felnyr's "dish" is absolutely horrifying, thank you for that imagery (sincere, lol)

Hehe, I hope no one had to consume that monstrosity, because oh gosh.
Bonsai pixels (tofu and tea motif) by miirshroom
[center][font=georgia][size=6][b]-Day 3-[/b][/size] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/91713710][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=16&bodygene=247&breed=24&element=2&eyetype=12&gender=1&tert=64&tertgene=244&winggene=279&wings=47&auth=bbab59fd03d8e473c5c3978f708d54789dc77e92&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][/center][rule][font=georgia] Sherburst went her usual route of grabbing ingredients and moving to her station for prepping. She took her time with this one, sketching out what exactly she was trying to create and how with what items. [center][font=georgia][item=Redtail Crane][item=Petite Glasswing Butterfly][item=Killifish] Redtail Crane / Petite Glasswing Butterfly / Killifish[/center][font=georgia] The Auraboa went to work, prepping the bird as usual and tossing the small fish into a skillet to cook. The process didn’t take long for the cooking but the de-winging of the butterfly did. Doing her best as to not damage the wings, she completed her goal. She baked the entire crane in an oven, then sliced up the meatier pieces for the dish, saving a few for herself. Plating was another delicate process, placing feathers around the cooked bird slices as well as the wings. She used the Killifish as garnish, as one does, placing them between feathers, making a nice pattern on the outer sections on the plate. “Due to the vibrancy of the crane I decided it would be best to go for a more colorful and decorative approach. Now, I myself don’t exactly like the idea of my mouth being dyed a different color, so I excluded the plant, but you do you I guess. I’ve titled this [b]Fish and Wings[/b]”
-Day 3-
dragon?age=1&body=16&bodygene=247&breed=24&element=2&eyetype=12&gender=1&tert=64&tertgene=244&winggene=279&wings=47&auth=bbab59fd03d8e473c5c3978f708d54789dc77e92&dummyext=prev.png

Sherburst went her usual route of grabbing ingredients and moving to her station for prepping. She took her time with this one, sketching out what exactly she was trying to create and how with what items.
Redtail Crane Petite Glasswing Butterfly Killifish
Redtail Crane / Petite Glasswing Butterfly / Killifish

The Auraboa went to work, prepping the bird as usual and tossing the small fish into a skillet to cook. The process didn’t take long for the cooking but the de-winging of the butterfly did. Doing her best as to not damage the wings, she completed her goal. She baked the entire crane in an oven, then sliced up the meatier pieces for the dish, saving a few for herself.

Plating was another delicate process, placing feathers around the cooked bird slices as well as the wings. She used the Killifish as garnish, as one does, placing them between feathers, making a nice pattern on the outer sections on the plate.

“Due to the vibrancy of the crane I decided it would be best to go for a more colorful and decorative approach. Now, I myself don’t exactly like the idea of my mouth being dyed a different color, so I excluded the plant, but you do you I guess. I’ve titled this Fish and Wings

o2nagQx.png
mlHpBMC.png

FObX7rS.png
EEEEE
Formally DrShadowCipher
- When using for art games please use scries of my dragons!
- Badge Addict
EEEEE T8jnlRr.jpg
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/85344952][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/853450/85344952_350.png[/img][/url] [item=Redtail Crane] [item=Petite Glasswing Butterfly][item=Stonewatch Scrub] The [s]disaster[/s] Enthusiastic Cooking Representative that the clan [s]needs something to occupy[/s] sends to participate today hears “baking” and “special effects” and gets absolutely lost in the sauce of his process of creation. Their obsession-of-the-week is a blowtorch (brought from home) that may not be necessarily safe to operate for a dragon breed that doesn’t really have thumbs. It doesn’t curb his enthusiasm or efficiency, however, as he applies fire with generous zeal to the poor cooking ingredients for this round. The end result is still smoking slightly when he presents it. Crispy butterfly wings balance precariously on a slightly-burnt rotisserie redtail crane, and he’s tucked stonewatch scrub leaves with interestingly-patterned scorchmarks around the plate. They look proud of themself, but taste-wise, the best you could hope for is “smoky”.
85344952_350.png
Redtail Crane Petite Glasswing Butterfly Stonewatch Scrub

The disaster Enthusiastic Cooking Representative that the clan needs something to occupy sends to participate today hears “baking” and “special effects” and gets absolutely lost in the sauce of his process of creation.

Their obsession-of-the-week is a blowtorch (brought from home) that may not be necessarily safe to operate for a dragon breed that doesn’t really have thumbs. It doesn’t curb his enthusiasm or efficiency, however, as he applies fire with generous zeal to the poor cooking ingredients for this round.

The end result is still smoking slightly when he presents it. Crispy butterfly wings balance precariously on a slightly-burnt rotisserie redtail crane, and he’s tucked stonewatch scrub leaves with interestingly-patterned scorchmarks around the plate. They look proud of themself, but taste-wise, the best you could hope for is “smoky”.
adopt-sig.pngxxxrva7IHk.pngxxxroad-not-taken-button-90px.pngxxx4XpFW61.png
[center][font=courier][size=4][b]day 3[/b][/size][/font] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/91809513][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/918096/91809513_350.png[/img][/url] "Do you think they'll kick us out? I meant to be here yesterday, I really did, but then Colfenn invited me on a foraging hike and they batted those pretty purple eyes and I just couldn't say no--" Ellyllon skids into the room, Priscilla bobbing wildly in the breeze his wings create. You can't see her expression- if, of course, spiders have expressions at all- but you get the sense that she's rather offended by the way her house is flailing about. He breathes heavily for a few moments, looking mildly panicked as if maybe he's going to be kicked out for missing the previous day's challenge, but when it becomes clear that nobody is really paying him any mind at all, he settles down... and looks somewhat put out. [font=courier][size=4][b]paella joya[/b] 1 cup chopped fresh parsley ¼ cup fresh lemon juice 1 tablespoon olive oil 2 large garlic cloves, minced 1 teaspoon saffron threads 48 oz orpington bone broth 8 unpeeled brilliant krill 1 tablespoon olive oil 4 skinned, boned redtail crane thighs, cut in half 2 links rambra sausage 2 cups finely chopped onion 1 cup finely chopped stonewatch scrub 1 cup diced tomatoes, undrained 1 teaspoon sweet paprika 3 large garlic cloves, minced 3 cups uncooked short-grain rice 8 devilsnaps, scrubbed and debearded ¼ cup fresh lemon juice -glasswing butterfly wings for garnish combine all herbs into a blend and set aside. simmer bone broth, water, and saffron on low heat. Peel and devein the krill and set aside to soak in a marinade of pureed stonewatch scrub and spices. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large paella pan or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add redtail crane; sauté 2 minutes on each side. Remove from pan. Add sausage; sauté 2 minutes. Remove from pan. Add krill, and sauté 2 minutes. Remove from pan. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add onion and more stonewatch scrub; sauté 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes, paprika, and 3 garlic cloves; cook 5 minutes. Add rice; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in herb blend, broth mixture, crane, and sausage mixture. Bring to a low boil; cook 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Add devilsnaps to pan, nestling them into rice mixture. Cook 5 minutes or until shells open; discard any unopened shells. Arrange krill, heads down, in rice mixture, and cook 5 minutes or until krill are done. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup lemon juice. Remove from heat; cover with a towel, and let stand 10 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.[/font][/size] (I completely lost track of time yesterday and forgot to send in an entry- is there anywhere I can make a donation to pick up the badge? It's so cute ;w;)
day 3

91809513_350.png

"Do you think they'll kick us out? I meant to be here yesterday, I really did, but then Colfenn invited me on a foraging hike and they batted those pretty purple eyes and I just couldn't say no--"

Ellyllon skids into the room, Priscilla bobbing wildly in the breeze his wings create. You can't see her expression- if, of course, spiders have expressions at all- but you get the sense that she's rather offended by the way her house is flailing about.

He breathes heavily for a few moments, looking mildly panicked as if maybe he's going to be kicked out for missing the previous day's challenge, but when it becomes clear that nobody is really paying him any mind at all, he settles down... and looks somewhat put out.

paella joya

1 cup chopped fresh parsley

¼ cup fresh lemon juice

1 tablespoon olive oil

2 large garlic cloves, minced

1 teaspoon saffron threads

48 oz orpington bone broth

8 unpeeled brilliant krill

1 tablespoon olive oil

4 skinned, boned redtail crane thighs, cut in half

2 links rambra sausage

2 cups finely chopped onion

1 cup finely chopped stonewatch scrub

1 cup diced tomatoes, undrained

1 teaspoon sweet paprika

3 large garlic cloves, minced

3 cups uncooked short-grain rice

8 devilsnaps, scrubbed and debearded

¼ cup fresh lemon juice

-glasswing butterfly wings for garnish

combine all herbs into a blend and set aside. simmer bone broth, water, and saffron on low heat. Peel and devein the krill and set aside to soak in a marinade of pureed stonewatch scrub and spices.

Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large paella pan or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add redtail crane; sauté 2 minutes on each side. Remove from pan. Add sausage; sauté 2 minutes. Remove from pan. Add krill, and sauté 2 minutes. Remove from pan. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add onion and more stonewatch scrub; sauté 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes, paprika, and 3 garlic cloves; cook 5 minutes. Add rice; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in herb blend, broth mixture, crane, and sausage mixture. Bring to a low boil; cook 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Add devilsnaps to pan, nestling them into rice mixture. Cook 5 minutes or until shells open; discard any unopened shells. Arrange krill, heads down, in rice mixture, and cook 5 minutes or until krill are done. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup lemon juice. Remove from heat; cover with a towel, and let stand 10 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.

(I completely lost track of time yesterday and forgot to send in an entry- is there anywhere I can make a donation to pick up the badge? It's so cute ;w;)
wishlistg1 salesbadge collectionthe nest - perma sales threadblank canvas hatchery
IMG-1405.png
[quote]Use at least THREE of the following ingredients in your entry: Redtail Crane / Petite Glasswing Butterfly / Killifish / Stonewatch Scrub[/quote] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/89500818][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/895009/89500818_350.png[/img][/url] Cooking is at least half presentation, and Mus Rattus knows what to do. He takes some grains from a heavy grainbasket and washes them thoroughly before setting them to boil in a pot. He leaves them to simmer and cook for awhile. Then, he takes some killifish in assorted colors and starts to prepare them, gutting and cleaning before cutting them into nice strips. Colorful scales glitter on one side while the succulent flesh is exposed on the other. The grains are done cooking, so he moves it to an ice room (a room with cold temperatures maintained by ice magic) to cool. He prepares the seasoning for the grains, squeezing a vinegaroon out for its juice and mixing with sugar and salt. He also takes some dried giant kelp and lays it out on the counter. He takes the now cooled grains out and mixes with the seasoning, then spoons some onto the giant kelp. Some strips of killifish go inside as well as slices of cucumber and cindershroom. He rolls up the kelp and chops into slices. Then, he places more killifish on top in order of rainbow color. To finish, he takes some glasswing butterfly wings and garnishes the roll, as well as some stonewash scrub leaves placed to the side on the plate. There it is, killifish sushi! (I want to eat sushi so badly now omg also why is there no rice flight rising I'm crying)
Quote:
Use at least THREE of the following ingredients in your entry:
Redtail Crane / Petite Glasswing Butterfly / Killifish / Stonewatch Scrub

89500818_350.png

Cooking is at least half presentation, and Mus Rattus knows what to do. He takes some grains from a heavy grainbasket and washes them thoroughly before setting them to boil in a pot. He leaves them to simmer and cook for awhile.

Then, he takes some killifish in assorted colors and starts to prepare them, gutting and cleaning before cutting them into nice strips. Colorful scales glitter on one side while the succulent flesh is exposed on the other.

The grains are done cooking, so he moves it to an ice room (a room with cold temperatures maintained by ice magic) to cool. He prepares the seasoning for the grains, squeezing a vinegaroon out for its juice and mixing with sugar and salt. He also takes some dried giant kelp and lays it out on the counter.

He takes the now cooled grains out and mixes with the seasoning, then spoons some onto the giant kelp. Some strips of killifish go inside as well as slices of cucumber and cindershroom. He rolls up the kelp and chops into slices. Then, he places more killifish on top in order of rainbow color. To finish, he takes some glasswing butterfly wings and garnishes the roll, as well as some stonewash scrub leaves placed to the side on the plate. There it is, killifish sushi!

(I want to eat sushi so badly now omg
also why is there no rice flight rising I'm crying)
TntJeP6.png M7v69JN.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 23 24