Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Biolocke] Saronai's Pinkerlore Quest
1 2 3 4 5 6
[center][img alt="Compilation of official Flight Rising art from Pinkerton's Pile with Saronai's daily biolocke task items added to it. Includes a title that reads: Saronai's Biolocke."]https://i.imgur.com/u70gimM.png[/img][/center] [right][size=2][url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vxDFWodcXDa8aP36bZGujUlhm3SXcKCHRcqmapzIxhQ/edit#gid=0]Spreadsheet[/url][/size][/right] [br] [quote=Firoz Taverbi]Introducing: the Biolocke! Once again Pinkerton is the arbiter of your dragon's fates - that is, the fates of their bios. The ultimate goal for the Biolocke is for every dragon to have a fully coded bio including a profile, lore snippet and piece of art. Please feel free to use the rule template to play your own Biolocke if you would like! [center][emoji=d20 size=1] [size=7]Rules[/size] [emoji=d20 size=1][/center] The rules are tangentially related to the classic Pinkerlocke: each daily item pulled from Pinkerton's Plundered Pile dictates which action is done that day. [/quote] As far as I know, the original biolocke was proposed by [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2823161#post_2823161]Firoz Taverbi[/url] (quoted above), who inspired my friend [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3208037/1#post_3208037]Ackie[/url] to start one of her own. She, in turn, [s]infected[/s] inspired me, though I took several months to finally tackle it lol. Like Ackie, [b]I'm about to put a personal spin on it to suit my own needs, but the general idea remains the same.[/b] [br] For all posts you should just subscribe to the thread itself. Little else gets posted. However, if that ever changes, I'll create a general pinglist. I will also be posting new dragons in here from now on as they are added to my biolocke pull list. [center][pinglist=16395][pinglist=16397] [pinglist=16396][pinglist=20417][/center] To get updates on free bio asset art and recolours of art I've created for a daily task based on existing Flight Rising art, apparel, etc. you should follow this pinglist instead: [center][pinglist=16398][/center] [COLOR=TRANSPARENT]PLACEMARKER FOR DAILY UPDATE BOX[/COLOR] [quote=Today's Random Dragon] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/46630587][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/466306/46630587_350.png[/img][/url] Airesa (she/her)[/center] [right]Today's Pinkerton pull: [item=Watchful Viperpillar Segment][/right] [/quote] [br] [COLOR=TRANSPARENT]END OF DAILY UPDATE PLACEMARKER[/COLOR] [center][size=7][b]The Task Chart[/b][/size][/center] As per the rules, whatever is drawn from the list below, dictates what I will add to the randomly rolled dragon for the day. [b] No matter what the daily task pulled, the following will be done for that same random dragon:[/b] 1. For older dragons, I will make sure they have all the standard default coding in place for a placeholder bio (color combo rarity numbers, under construction note if applicable, at least one note about them, compliment box, red/green coded expense report). 2. Check and update the color combo rarity if applicable. 3. Fill in or update their progress report on the [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vxDFWodcXDa8aP36bZGujUlhm3SXcKCHRcqmapzIxhQ/edit#gid=295845112]spreadsheet[/url]. 4. Update any related links or spreadsheets. 5. I now roll 3 random dragons for each task, do the above for all 3 because it's easy, and pick which one inspires me most for the actual task. [br] -------- [br] [center][emoji=insect size=1][emoji=meat size=1] [size=5][b]Food[/b][/size] [emoji=seafood size=1][emoji=plant size=1][/center] [br] [emoji=insect size=1] [b]Personality[/b] Add at least 3 words or a short quote that highlights the dragon's personality. [emoji=meat size=1] [b]Social Connections[/b] Who does this dragon know? Do they have a mate? Add at least a sentence or two regarding what their primary relationships are like. [emoji=seafood size=1] [b]Likes & Dislikes[/b] List or write a few sentences about their favourite (or actively disliked) items, places, people, etc. [emoji=plant size=1] [b]Home & Clan Status[/b] Where does this dragon live? Where do they consider home to be? Are they an IC member of Delari Sylvae? Are they an IC member of some other group? What might that group be called? What kind of group is it? [br] In the event I consider their lore already polished, or the individual task already complete, I will reread for editing and instead spend at least 20 minutes working on an extra-curricular task (detailed at the end of this post). If their lore is polished but does not include the daily task (basically polished bios that predate this biolocke), I will at least answer the question posed by the daily task in this thread and seriously consider where I might add it to the bio (ultimately I will not add it if I can't find a satisfying placement). [br] -------- [br] [center][emoji=peacock feather size=1] [size=5][b]Materials & Trinkets[/b][/size] [emoji=peacock feather size=1][/center] Add words to either some prose about the dragon and their backstory or a short story centered on them. [emoji=star size=1] Add at least 50 words. [emoji=star size=1][emoji=star size=1] (or higher) Add at least 100 words. In the event I consider their lore already polished, I will reread for editing and instead spend at least 20 minutes working on an extra-curricular task (detailed at the end of this post). Alternatively, I may actually add a story tidbit to this thread for the daily task and my eventual lorebook thread. [br] -------- [br] [center][emoji=bestiary size=1] [size=5][b]Familiars[/b][/size] [emoji=bestiary size=1][/center] Art! You must either start or spend twenty minutes working on a piece of art for the dragon. Alternatively, you must order a piece of art for the dragon that day. I am adding that I can also work on a custom accent for them if I have an idea (and they don't already have one), along with a rule that choosing, and especially recolouring or creating graphics for their bio layout counts. If none of the above, then adding something to my assets thread inspired by that daily dragon also counts. [br] -------- [br] [center][emoji=gold tiara size=1] [size=5][b]Apparel[/b][/size] [emoji=gold tiara size=1][/center] This one's all about a dragon's appearance! All of my dragons remain in a project tab, off the biolocke list until they have all their desired breed/gene/eye/etc. changes, desired apparel, familiar, scene, name, and pronouns. Regardless, additional gene/breed/eye changes will be considered as each dragon is rolled. Deciding to add or otherwise edit their apparel or general appearance in some way also counts (ie skins and accents too). Additionally, spending at least 20 minutes working on a custom accent for them if I have an idea for one counts as well. If none of the above are viable, then I am to add at least 5 apparel-based items to [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/3156478#post_3156478]my free assets thread[/url]. Preferably something that matches the daily dragon's vibe. [br] -------- [br] [center][emoji=sword and shield size=1] [size=5][b]Battle Item[/b][/size] [emoji=sword and shield size=1][/center] Every time a battle item is received, I will update the basic bio info for three random dragons. Additionally, for my choice of those 3, I will work on their custom layout coding in some way by either tidying up what's there and checking all the links are in order, or finding and adding assets or a unique layout. If I'm feeling ambitious, it may include custom recolours for the new layout assets and coding as well. If all 3 dragons already have a polished bio code, I will still tidy up and check links and instead turn to my aforementioned extra-curricular tasks. [br] -------- [br] [center][emoji=scroll size=1] [size=5][b]Extra-Curricular Tasks[/b][/size] [emoji=scroll size=1][/center] I do a lot of IC forum threads with plans for a few more. I also run an accent shop and honestly I'd like a system to keep them all updated more often too. So this is a special section encouraging me to work on all my various forum threads. The plan is to do at least one thing a day from a randomized thread (and/or its spreadsheet) in this list. Additionally, if the random dragon for the day already has the day's task completed, I will instead perform a similar task for one related or randomized thread in this list (related if the random dragon is one who appears in the thread, randomized if not). Active threads I maintain (alphabetized): 1. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/skin/3060234#post_3060234]Accent Shop[/url] 2. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/3268106#post_3268106]Astaroth's Curiosities[/url] (f2u assets thread) 3. Biolocke (you are here) 4. Diem's Daily Dragons (A planned daily spotlight thread) 5. Hatchery Thread? (Not sure if I'll bother, I might just eventually do another spreadsheet of pairs lol) 6. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/adopt/3282947/1#post_3282947]Kaleidoscope Ornaments Shop[/url] (art shop) 7. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/3209734/1#post_3209734]Starlight Gems[/url] (Subspecies thread) 8. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/3216500/1#post_3216500]Stock the Pond Journal[/url] 9. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/3252813/1#post_3252813]Ylli's Star Collection[/url] (like my dragon, collect their star badge) 10. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3278087#post_3278087]Ylli's Star Quests[/url] (quests centered around giving dragons love) -------- [b]Make up & bonus days:[/b] I do not want to overwhelm myself with punishments for missing a day (I am forgetful and suffer from chronic fatigue). If I decide to have a make up day, I will still use Crim as a make up (and maybe even bonus) task randomizer, but it will be on a one-for-one basis. My Crim Rule: The first Crim item I have and would actually give her, I will keep instead and use as the item of the day. After all, the point is for Pinkerton and I to help each other here, and I figure I'm helping by not adding that one item I would have otherwise (we just won't tell him about the items I [i]do[/i] give her outside of our lore-task agreement). I realize the locke part is supposed to add self-enforced challenges, which is why I was tempted to just call mine "Pinkerlore" lol. Anyway, it's a game, and for maximum staying-power I'm allowed to miss days without penalty. Sticking with efforts to finish more dragon bios is the challenge, not throwing more obstacles in my way lol. -------- [b] Lore day exception:[/b] I have decided on story lore days that I'm allowed to roll 3 random dragons and choose the one who I feel most inspired to add actual story to. The other two not selected will still get the updates to their info and related pages/posts.
Compilation of official Flight Rising art from Pinkerton's Pile with Saronai's daily biolocke task items added to it. Includes a title that reads: Saronai's Biolocke.

Firoz Taverbi wrote:
Introducing: the Biolocke! Once again Pinkerton is the arbiter of your dragon's fates - that is, the fates of their bios.

The ultimate goal for the Biolocke is for every dragon to have a fully coded bio including a profile, lore snippet and piece of art. Please feel free to use the rule template to play your own Biolocke if you would like!
Rules

The rules are tangentially related to the classic Pinkerlocke: each daily item pulled from Pinkerton's Plundered Pile dictates which action is done that day.

As far as I know, the original biolocke was proposed by Firoz Taverbi (quoted above), who inspired my friend Ackie to start one of her own. She, in turn, infected inspired me, though I took several months to finally tackle it lol.

Like Ackie, I'm about to put a personal spin on it to suit my own needs, but the general idea remains the same.

For all posts you should just subscribe to the thread itself. Little else gets posted. However, if that ever changes, I'll create a general pinglist. I will also be posting new dragons in here from now on as they are added to my biolocke pull list.

To get updates on free bio asset art and recolours of art I've created for a daily task based on existing Flight Rising art, apparel, etc. you should follow this pinglist instead:

PLACEMARKER FOR DAILY UPDATE BOX
Today's Random Dragon wrote:
46630587_350.png
Airesa (she/her)
Today's Pinkerton pull: Watchful Viperpillar Segment

END OF DAILY UPDATE PLACEMARKER
The Task Chart

As per the rules, whatever is drawn from the list below, dictates what I will add to the randomly rolled dragon for the day.

No matter what the daily task pulled, the following will be done for that same random dragon:

1. For older dragons, I will make sure they have all the standard default coding in place for a placeholder bio (color combo rarity numbers, under construction note if applicable, at least one note about them, compliment box, red/green coded expense report).

2. Check and update the color combo rarity if applicable.

3. Fill in or update their progress report on the spreadsheet.

4. Update any related links or spreadsheets.

5. I now roll 3 random dragons for each task, do the above for all 3 because it's easy, and pick which one inspires me most for the actual task.

Food

Personality
Add at least 3 words or a short quote that highlights the dragon's personality.

Social Connections
Who does this dragon know? Do they have a mate? Add at least a sentence or two regarding what their primary relationships are like.

Likes & Dislikes
List or write a few sentences about their favourite (or actively disliked) items, places, people, etc.

Home & Clan Status
Where does this dragon live? Where do they consider home to be? Are they an IC member of Delari Sylvae? Are they an IC member of some other group? What might that group be called? What kind of group is it?

In the event I consider their lore already polished, or the individual task already complete, I will reread for editing and instead spend at least 20 minutes working on an extra-curricular task (detailed at the end of this post).

If their lore is polished but does not include the daily task (basically polished bios that predate this biolocke), I will at least answer the question posed by the daily task in this thread and seriously consider where I might add it to the bio (ultimately I will not add it if I can't find a satisfying placement).

Materials & Trinkets

Add words to either some prose about the dragon and their backstory or a short story centered on them.

Add at least 50 words.

(or higher) Add at least 100 words.

In the event I consider their lore already polished, I will reread for editing and instead spend at least 20 minutes working on an extra-curricular task (detailed at the end of this post). Alternatively, I may actually add a story tidbit to this thread for the daily task and my eventual lorebook thread.

Familiars

Art! You must either start or spend twenty minutes working on a piece of art for the dragon. Alternatively, you must order a piece of art for the dragon that day.

I am adding that I can also work on a custom accent for them if I have an idea (and they don't already have one), along with a rule that choosing, and especially recolouring or creating graphics for their bio layout counts.

If none of the above, then adding something to my assets thread inspired by that daily dragon also counts.

Apparel

This one's all about a dragon's appearance!

All of my dragons remain in a project tab, off the biolocke list until they have all their desired breed/gene/eye/etc. changes, desired apparel, familiar, scene, name, and pronouns.

Regardless, additional gene/breed/eye changes will be considered as each dragon is rolled. Deciding to add or otherwise edit their apparel or general appearance in some way also counts (ie skins and accents too).

Additionally, spending at least 20 minutes working on a custom accent for them if I have an idea for one counts as well.

If none of the above are viable, then I am to add at least 5 apparel-based items to my free assets thread. Preferably something that matches the daily dragon's vibe.

Battle Item

Every time a battle item is received, I will update the basic bio info for three random dragons.

Additionally, for my choice of those 3, I will work on their custom layout coding in some way by either tidying up what's there and checking all the links are in order, or finding and adding assets or a unique layout. If I'm feeling ambitious, it may include custom recolours for the new layout assets and coding as well.

If all 3 dragons already have a polished bio code, I will still tidy up and check links and instead turn to my aforementioned extra-curricular tasks.

Extra-Curricular Tasks

I do a lot of IC forum threads with plans for a few more. I also run an accent shop and honestly I'd like a system to keep them all updated more often too. So this is a special section encouraging me to work on all my various forum threads.

The plan is to do at least one thing a day from a randomized thread (and/or its spreadsheet) in this list. Additionally, if the random dragon for the day already has the day's task completed, I will instead perform a similar task for one related or randomized thread in this list (related if the random dragon is one who appears in the thread, randomized if not).

Active threads I maintain (alphabetized):

1. Accent Shop

2. Astaroth's Curiosities (f2u assets thread)

3. Biolocke (you are here)

4. Diem's Daily Dragons (A planned daily spotlight thread)

5. Hatchery Thread? (Not sure if I'll bother, I might just eventually do another spreadsheet of pairs lol)

6. Kaleidoscope Ornaments Shop (art shop)

7. Starlight Gems (Subspecies thread)

8. Stock the Pond Journal

9. Ylli's Star Collection (like my dragon, collect their star badge)

10. Ylli's Star Quests (quests centered around giving dragons love)

Make up & bonus days: I do not want to overwhelm myself with punishments for missing a day (I am forgetful and suffer from chronic fatigue). If I decide to have a make up day, I will still use Crim as a make up (and maybe even bonus) task randomizer, but it will be on a one-for-one basis.

My Crim Rule: The first Crim item I have and would actually give her, I will keep instead and use as the item of the day. After all, the point is for Pinkerton and I to help each other here, and I figure I'm helping by not adding that one item I would have otherwise (we just won't tell him about the items I do give her outside of our lore-task agreement).

I realize the locke part is supposed to add self-enforced challenges, which is why I was tempted to just call mine "Pinkerlore" lol. Anyway, it's a game, and for maximum staying-power I'm allowed to miss days without penalty. Sticking with efforts to finish more dragon bios is the challenge, not throwing more obstacles in my way lol.

Lore day exception:
I have decided on story lore days that I'm allowed to roll 3 random dragons and choose the one who I feel most inspired to add actual story to. The other two not selected will still get the updates to their info and related pages/posts.

pixie-pronouns-2-2.png* * *Saronai made so many star badges and you liked them all! Thank you! Please keep them linked to Ylli's collection thread for others to find.* * * * * * * *Diem's Daily Dragons
This section under construction
Compilation of official Flight Rising art from Pinkerton's Pile with Saronai's daily biolocke task items added to it. Includes a title that reads: Saronai's Biolocke.

The spreadsheet will be slowly filled in as each dragon is chosen for the daily task via random.org. I now draw 3 random dragons per day for this regardless of whether or not it is a lore day and update info and the spreadsheet on all three.

I will not be tracking in this thread all the dragons in my collection who will be eligible for the Pinkerton item task via random.org. That's 454 dragons ya'll (*as of December 23rd, 2023). Nope. Also I just find it easier to plug things into a spreadsheet than locate posts and fully code updates into them.

What I will be doing in this thread is organizing and describing my whole process, spreadsheet details, sharing pinglists for anyone who wants to be notified of new art, lore, and polished bios added through my biolocke journey (if you want all the updates it's reasonably safe to just subscribe to this thread), and finally, keeping myself on task by posting a copy of each task once it's completed. Oh, and I will be accepting affiliates - hit me up if you're doing your own biolocke and would like to link each others' progress threads <3

This pinglist is for those who wish to only be notified of tasks that add at least a paragraph of new or expanded lore.

This pinglist is for those who only wish to be notified on those rare occasions when I have polished the lore and presentation of a bio. Each piece of writing that appears within is considered complete. I don't use the word complete or finished for the bio itself because I like to leave room for editing and adding as time goes on.

This pinglist is for those who wish to be notified of new art related to a task when it is complete. To prevent duplicate pings pings for completed task art will not include art that falls under the following, separate pinglists:

This is the pinglist for when the art is a new, free bio asset. Usually a manip of existing FR items. It will be shared with relevant tasks in this thread, but the related pings will only be in Astaroth's thread directly.

This is the pinglist for when I have a new accent completed. It will be shared in this thread if it's related to a task, but pings will only be made in my accent thread directly.

This is the pinglist for when I have added new star badges to collect for liking my dragons. If one is completed through this thread, you will only be pinged when I add it to Ylli's Star Collection thread in batches of 5-10 stars.

If you're interested in (eventually) seeing all art added separately from a biolocke task, new dragon announcements, and more, you can always follow my FR tumblr: Muse Rising.

If you wish to follow every update, please subscribe to the thread instead of a pinglist. Posts that aren't a task update are very rare. If one day that changes, I will then create a general task complete pinglist to help thread followers weed out extraneous chatter.

The spreadsheet will be slowly filled in as each dragon is chosen for the daily task via random.org. I now draw 3 random dragons per day for this regardless of whether or not it is a lore day and update info and the spreadsheet on all three.

I will not be tracking in this thread all the dragons in my collection who will be eligible for the Pinkerton item task via random.org. That's 454 dragons ya'll (*as of December 23rd, 2023). Nope. Also I just find it easier to plug things into a spreadsheet than locate posts and fully code updates into them.

What I will be doing in this thread is organizing and describing my whole process, spreadsheet details, sharing pinglists for anyone who wants to be notified of new art, lore, and polished bios added through my biolocke journey (if you want all the updates it's reasonably safe to just subscribe to this thread), and finally, keeping myself on task by posting a copy of each task once it's completed. Oh, and I will be accepting affiliates - hit me up if you're doing your own biolocke and would like to link each others' progress threads <3

This pinglist is for those who wish to only be notified of tasks that add at least a paragraph of new or expanded lore.

This pinglist is for those who only wish to be notified on those rare occasions when I have polished the lore and presentation of a bio. Each piece of writing that appears within is considered complete. I don't use the word complete or finished for the bio itself because I like to leave room for editing and adding as time goes on.

This pinglist is for those who wish to be notified of new art related to a task when it is complete. To prevent duplicate pings pings for completed task art will not include art that falls under the following, separate pinglists:

This is the pinglist for when the art is a new, free bio asset. Usually a manip of existing FR items. It will be shared with relevant tasks in this thread, but the related pings will only be in Astaroth's thread directly.

This is the pinglist for when I have a new accent completed. It will be shared in this thread if it's related to a task, but pings will only be made in my accent thread directly.

This is the pinglist for when I have added new star badges to collect for liking my dragons. If one is completed through this thread, you will only be pinged when I add it to Ylli's Star Collection thread in batches of 5-10 stars.

If you're interested in (eventually) seeing all art added separately from a biolocke task, new dragon announcements, and more, you can always follow my FR tumblr: Muse Rising.

If you wish to follow every update, please subscribe to the thread instead of a pinglist. Posts that aren't a task update are very rare. If one day that changes, I will then create a general task complete pinglist to help thread followers weed out extraneous chatter.

pixie-pronouns-2-2.png* * *Saronai made so many star badges and you liked them all! Thank you! Please keep them linked to Ylli's collection thread for others to find.* * * * * * * *Diem's Daily Dragons

Anatomy of my starter bios:

This post is just me rambling about my bio and lore processes.

One of the reasons I am changing up the rules for my own process is because I already have a uniform way of handling bios before I even pull a dragon out of the Project tab and officially into a permadragon tab. All of the info is subject to change as I further develop each dragon's personality and story.
Saronai's standard permadragon broadcast message format.
Here is my standard broadcast message format on my permadragons. [OOC Dragon Label] A little theme note, title, or inspiration-based tidbit for the dragon's identity (pronouns).

Not all dragons have an [OOC Dragon Label] (OOC = Out of Character). This indicator is for Original characters [OC] of mine or my friends that appear in other games, [FD] fandragons, [Subspecies] for dragons part of any subspecies (their lore broadcast tidbit usually defaults to the subspecies name), etc.

Technically speaking almost all of my dragons can or will count as OCs, so the OC marker is only for those who appear in my writing and roleplay outside Flight Rising.

Saronai's standard permadragon starter bio.

1. This is a linked note of the dragon's colour-combo rarity. The first xxx will change from xxx to however many dragons of that colour combo exist on site, unexalted (linked to those search results).

This particular note might be out of date. I plan to use this biolocke to update little things like that for whatever dragon is randomly selected for the day.

The second xxx is a more narrowed search and will either be a smaller 1/xxx or say "Unique" with a link to search results further narrowed down by breed and genes.

If the dragon says only "Unique" in the upper right corner, then that means they were the only dragon with that particular colour combo on site when I did the search.

2. Under construction disclaimer. If a dragon bio in my collection does not have this near the top of the bio, that means it's one of the few bios I consider "polished."

I never use the word "finished" because it doesn't feel right since I am always open to adding more art at the very least.

A polished bio just means that I have chosen and fully coded their final bio layout design (usually with dragon-matching custom recolours), given them a personality, have a little slice of life short story in there and/or some additional non-story lore, badges in place, and traced their lineage OOCly to the very first patrilineal and matrilineal gen ones (I don't have the focus or desire to track down all gen 1 relatives, I just trace a straight line back to the papa of all the papas and then separately, the mamas of all the mamas).

That's in addition to the other bits included in my standard starting bio, such as expenses and the compliment box.

3. In an unpolished bio this is where I dump all my thoughts and potential inspiration sources on what the dragon might become when I get around to their lore.

This might include metaphysical things about the meaning of certain stones and numbers, the meaning behind their names, little asides I find interesting, where I got them from, or anything else I feel like dumping in there to use as a starting point later when I theoretically pull their bio into some semblance of enjoyable lore. This section may also include any art they have before I've picked a layout and/or written official lore for them.

4. The compliment box! I'd say this one is because I'm vain, but really it's because sometimes I struggle with the exact opposite, and re-reading some of the lovely things people have said about my dragons and/or their lore helps cheer me up. My dragonsona Saronai's compliment box also includes lair-wide compliments.

Credits go under the box.

Sometimes additional images, especially related badges from my various badge collectors will also go under the compliment box but before the final line of every bio:

5. This is my standard expenses tracking line. My older dragons don't have it coded the same way (but will eventually) and often include ? instead of a number where the xxx is. Basically, the predate the system and I haven't gotten around to guessing what those expenses might be.

The first two symbols seem self-explanatory when talking about expenses, so I will only address the third. It is how many dragon levels I spent on foddart for them. Everything else is converted into treasure or gems.

Additionally, this number actually goes down for dragons when they make money off their hatchlings. Theoretically the number will change from dark red to teal if the dragon has climbed out of the expense hole to start making pure profits (and dip back down if I spend more gems or treasure on them).

Both gems and treasure will be reduced to at least 0 before either starts climbing into teal numbers (1:1000 conversion when one is at 0 but the other is still in the red).

This expense/profit report includes dragon cost (if purchased from someone else), all genes/breed/eye changes, apparel, skins/accents, and even breeding project purchases made specifically for that dragon. It does not count items/changes I've won or been gifted. It also does not count additional profits made from leveling their hatchlings (only 7g/kt of leveled sales count as a standard "this is what I saved on fodder" price).

It also does not count project breeders who became permadragons with their own expense line. However, it does count profits made from selling project results who didn't make the cut.

Meanwhile, the foddart will always be either black or dark red (black for neither profit nor loss) as I haven't yet figured out how to make the dragons earn foddart levels lol.

An asterisk attached to any number means that I am guesstimating.

To sum up, what this all means is that straight out of the project gate, all of my permadragons have at least some of the things the original Biolocke assigns to an item. So yeah, I'll be changing that.

Fortunately though, I have other things I'd like to assign in their place. What each item means for the daily task in my version of the biolocke is now up in the first post.

Anatomy of my starter bios:

This post is just me rambling about my bio and lore processes.

One of the reasons I am changing up the rules for my own process is because I already have a uniform way of handling bios before I even pull a dragon out of the Project tab and officially into a permadragon tab. All of the info is subject to change as I further develop each dragon's personality and story.
Saronai's standard permadragon broadcast message format.
Here is my standard broadcast message format on my permadragons. [OOC Dragon Label] A little theme note, title, or inspiration-based tidbit for the dragon's identity (pronouns).

Not all dragons have an [OOC Dragon Label] (OOC = Out of Character). This indicator is for Original characters [OC] of mine or my friends that appear in other games, [FD] fandragons, [Subspecies] for dragons part of any subspecies (their lore broadcast tidbit usually defaults to the subspecies name), etc.

Technically speaking almost all of my dragons can or will count as OCs, so the OC marker is only for those who appear in my writing and roleplay outside Flight Rising.

Saronai's standard permadragon starter bio.

1. This is a linked note of the dragon's colour-combo rarity. The first xxx will change from xxx to however many dragons of that colour combo exist on site, unexalted (linked to those search results).

This particular note might be out of date. I plan to use this biolocke to update little things like that for whatever dragon is randomly selected for the day.

The second xxx is a more narrowed search and will either be a smaller 1/xxx or say "Unique" with a link to search results further narrowed down by breed and genes.

If the dragon says only "Unique" in the upper right corner, then that means they were the only dragon with that particular colour combo on site when I did the search.

2. Under construction disclaimer. If a dragon bio in my collection does not have this near the top of the bio, that means it's one of the few bios I consider "polished."

I never use the word "finished" because it doesn't feel right since I am always open to adding more art at the very least.

A polished bio just means that I have chosen and fully coded their final bio layout design (usually with dragon-matching custom recolours), given them a personality, have a little slice of life short story in there and/or some additional non-story lore, badges in place, and traced their lineage OOCly to the very first patrilineal and matrilineal gen ones (I don't have the focus or desire to track down all gen 1 relatives, I just trace a straight line back to the papa of all the papas and then separately, the mamas of all the mamas).

That's in addition to the other bits included in my standard starting bio, such as expenses and the compliment box.

3. In an unpolished bio this is where I dump all my thoughts and potential inspiration sources on what the dragon might become when I get around to their lore.

This might include metaphysical things about the meaning of certain stones and numbers, the meaning behind their names, little asides I find interesting, where I got them from, or anything else I feel like dumping in there to use as a starting point later when I theoretically pull their bio into some semblance of enjoyable lore. This section may also include any art they have before I've picked a layout and/or written official lore for them.

4. The compliment box! I'd say this one is because I'm vain, but really it's because sometimes I struggle with the exact opposite, and re-reading some of the lovely things people have said about my dragons and/or their lore helps cheer me up. My dragonsona Saronai's compliment box also includes lair-wide compliments.

Credits go under the box.

Sometimes additional images, especially related badges from my various badge collectors will also go under the compliment box but before the final line of every bio:

5. This is my standard expenses tracking line. My older dragons don't have it coded the same way (but will eventually) and often include ? instead of a number where the xxx is. Basically, the predate the system and I haven't gotten around to guessing what those expenses might be.

The first two symbols seem self-explanatory when talking about expenses, so I will only address the third. It is how many dragon levels I spent on foddart for them. Everything else is converted into treasure or gems.

Additionally, this number actually goes down for dragons when they make money off their hatchlings. Theoretically the number will change from dark red to teal if the dragon has climbed out of the expense hole to start making pure profits (and dip back down if I spend more gems or treasure on them).

Both gems and treasure will be reduced to at least 0 before either starts climbing into teal numbers (1:1000 conversion when one is at 0 but the other is still in the red).

This expense/profit report includes dragon cost (if purchased from someone else), all genes/breed/eye changes, apparel, skins/accents, and even breeding project purchases made specifically for that dragon. It does not count items/changes I've won or been gifted. It also does not count additional profits made from leveling their hatchlings (only 7g/kt of leveled sales count as a standard "this is what I saved on fodder" price).

It also does not count project breeders who became permadragons with their own expense line. However, it does count profits made from selling project results who didn't make the cut.

Meanwhile, the foddart will always be either black or dark red (black for neither profit nor loss) as I haven't yet figured out how to make the dragons earn foddart levels lol.

An asterisk attached to any number means that I am guesstimating.

To sum up, what this all means is that straight out of the project gate, all of my permadragons have at least some of the things the original Biolocke assigns to an item. So yeah, I'll be changing that.

Fortunately though, I have other things I'd like to assign in their place. What each item means for the daily task in my version of the biolocke is now up in the first post.
[center][size=7][color=034433][b][i]~ Polished Bios ~[/i][/b][/color][/size] After I finish polishing/updating each dragon's bio and lore in my lair, I color them in a matching butterfly. So for this particular post, I'm gonna use their butterflies as the linked images instead of the dragon :D [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/43011104][img]https://musesings.files.wordpress.com/2021/05/veasna-lines.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/52120108][img]https://musesings.files.wordpress.com/2021/06/lehua-butterfly.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/32119220][img]https://musesings.files.wordpress.com/2022/01/eydis-butterfly-11.png[/img][/url][/center] [br][br][br] [left]Finished bios w/placeholder butterflies (customs unfinished):[/left] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/34552547][img]https://s19.postimg.cc/59ookpa2b/003-006-017.png[/img] [/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/71827592][img]https://s19.postimg.cc/rlmhdx1er/003-005-004.png[/img] [/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/33423794][img]https://s19.postimg.cc/o6zpjvw03/005-006-011.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/37737605][img]https://s19.postimg.cc/6851n1sk3/001-003-007.png[/img][/url][/center] [left][size=1]f2u Placeholder butterflies can be found [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2287471#post_29633470]here[/url].[/size][/left]
~ Polished Bios ~

After I finish polishing/updating each dragon's bio and lore in my lair, I color them in a matching butterfly. So for this particular post, I'm gonna use their butterflies as the linked images instead of the dragon :D
veasna-lines.pnglehua-butterfly.pngeydis-butterfly-11.png

Finished bios w/placeholder butterflies (customs unfinished):
f2u Placeholder butterflies can be found here.
[center][b][size=7]Affiliates[/size][/b][/center] Have your own biolocke and want to exchange links for our visitors? Lemme know and I'll add you [emoji=familiar heart size=1] [b]Infected by:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3208037/1#post_3208037]Ackie's Biolocke[/url] [b]Infection passed to:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3280831#post_3280831]BlueEyesNeko's Biolocke[/url] [b]Mutual infection shared with:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3273732/1#post_3273732]moriougai's Biolocke[/url]
Affiliates

Have your own biolocke and want to exchange links for our visitors? Lemme know and I'll add you

Infected by:

Ackie's Biolocke

Infection passed to:

BlueEyesNeko's Biolocke

Mutual infection shared with:

moriougai's Biolocke
Bio template sources
Bio template sources
Bio asset sources
Bio asset sources
Badge Collectors

(I sometimes use badges I've earned as assets in various bio layouts)
Badge Collectors

(I sometimes use badges I've earned as assets in various bio layouts)
Frequently visited websites for inspirational and dragon planning purposes.
Frequently visited websites for inspirational and dragon planning purposes.
[size=7][b]Day 1[/b][/size] [item=Panther Anole][b]Social Connections[/b] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/87686402][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/876865/87686402_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Dahlia [/b](she/they)[/center] [size=2]Successfully shared in [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2983388/891#post_54856009]Eyes/Flight Uno[/url] and [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/3049095/33#post_54856082]Familiar Uno[/url].[/size] -------- Influence from inspiring character (Maid Jean from The Court Jester) Dahlia's Lightning-bred-and-raised sire never made exceptions his Arcane hatched daughter and treated her just like any other Lightning dragon. Fortunately, both flights are given to curiosity and experimentation, so Arcane's influence over her was never cruelly suppressed. She never felt like a disappointment either though, only that he was entirely clueless in the ways Arcane influence made her different from a proper Lightning hatchling. Her upbringing as a Lightning dragon instilled in her a strong work ethic and sense of dedication. The strict anti-management-meddling stance of the sandsurges in general also helped her foster a fierce independence and flourish in the ways she was different. It allowed her to apply her hard work, loyalty, and dedication to whatever task she personally set for herself. Her father's influence not only instilled in her a strong work ethic and the importance of dedication to her work - whatever that work might be - but also a stubborn streak and fighting spirit willing to defend others against injustice and bullies (as well as meddling bosses).
Day 1

Panther Anole Social Connections
87686402_350.png
Dahlia (she/they)

Successfully shared in Eyes/Flight Uno and Familiar Uno.
Influence from inspiring character (Maid Jean from The Court Jester)

Dahlia's Lightning-bred-and-raised sire never made exceptions his Arcane hatched daughter and treated her just like any other Lightning dragon. Fortunately, both flights are given to curiosity and experimentation, so Arcane's influence over her was never cruelly suppressed.

She never felt like a disappointment either though, only that he was entirely clueless in the ways Arcane influence made her different from a proper Lightning hatchling. Her upbringing as a Lightning dragon instilled in her a strong work ethic and sense of dedication.

The strict anti-management-meddling stance of the sandsurges in general also helped her foster a fierce independence and flourish in the ways she was different. It allowed her to apply her hard work, loyalty, and dedication to whatever task she personally set for herself.

Her father's influence not only instilled in her a strong work ethic and the importance of dedication to her work - whatever that work might be - but also a stubborn streak and fighting spirit willing to defend others against injustice and bullies (as well as meddling bosses).
1 2 3 4 5 6